Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup 21:41 - Apr 16 with 2825 viewskarl

Motherwell v Morton

Listened on radio so no visuals but he saved 3rd down to his right.
Apparently dived down to his right for all 4 he faced.
Motherwell scored all 5 so he'll be the hero tonight, certainly they're delighted with him
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 22:15 - Apr 16 with 2752 viewsBoston

Does it add another million to the price West Ham will have to pay for him?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 23:08 - Apr 16 with 2668 viewseastside_r

Could be wrong but I think his first game for us was a League Cup game which we won on penalties. Bristol City? Saved a couple maybe three.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 23:09]
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 07:31 - Apr 17 with 2541 viewsdmm

Alexander has said they want to sign Kelly permanently. I think he'll want to go but I guess we hold all the cards given he's got a couple of years left on his contract.
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 07:36 - Apr 17 with 2537 viewsNorthernr

He’s saved a couple in the league too I think. Some of the highlights the Motherwell Twitter have clipped of him have been terrific saves.
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 09:19 - Apr 17 with 2465 viewskarl

Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 07:31 - Apr 17 by dmm

Alexander has said they want to sign Kelly permanently. I think he'll want to go but I guess we hold all the cards given he's got a couple of years left on his contract.

If we're looking at a small fee then Motherwell might pay something like £100k as they've made some money on player sales last few years. I would imagine paying a fee and being able to get his wage package sorted will be the difficult part.
They've struggled in the league this season and without Kelly they could have been a potential relegation candidates by the reports on his form so you can see why they're keen to sign him.
At an educated guess Motherwells turnover, in a normal year, is approx £3m - £4m.
As with nearly all clubs here now they operate quite strictly to keeping wage to turnover ratio close to the 50% mark so it will challenge them.
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 10:35 - Apr 17 with 2424 viewsfrancisbowles

Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 09:19 - Apr 17 by karl

If we're looking at a small fee then Motherwell might pay something like £100k as they've made some money on player sales last few years. I would imagine paying a fee and being able to get his wage package sorted will be the difficult part.
They've struggled in the league this season and without Kelly they could have been a potential relegation candidates by the reports on his form so you can see why they're keen to sign him.
At an educated guess Motherwells turnover, in a normal year, is approx £3m - £4m.
As with nearly all clubs here now they operate quite strictly to keeping wage to turnover ratio close to the 50% mark so it will challenge them.

Interesting. Looks like he will have to take a wage cut. Hope we are not going to subsidise any deal, he could stay as at least second choice next season, if he wants.
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 11:00 - Apr 17 with 2404 viewskarl

Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 10:35 - Apr 17 by francisbowles

Interesting. Looks like he will have to take a wage cut. Hope we are not going to subsidise any deal, he could stay as at least second choice next season, if he wants.

I've done them a disservice, their turnover was £4.9m.
Still very tight on funding a wage like Kelly's.
If QPR were to let him go free then they could use a signing on fee to offset his wage.
Looking at this entirely from Kelly's career point of view, if he took a hit on wages for a 2 yr deal he would be guaranteed starting position at Motherwell.
Scotland have 2 goalkeepers as first choice over 36yr old who I think could step down after the Euros and below them it has been Celtic and Rangers 2nd choice keepers as back up.
If Kelly carried on his current form (I'm going by media reports as haven't seen much other than clips) you have to imagine he would have a good opportunity to be Scotland keeper and relaunch his career.
It wouldn't be a bad mindset for him to have but ultimately no return on that for us, it's going to be a difficult one as we need a good back up but will either Lumley or Kelly wait for the Dieng sale to take place while their career is on hold?
Personally I'd release Kelly and keep Joe or Dillon Barnes with the youngster signed recently (Walsh?) out on loan.

I know that doesn't cover potential injuries and I don't know how loan recalls work if the young lad went out.
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 11:08 - Apr 17 with 2386 viewsfrancisbowles

Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 11:00 - Apr 17 by karl

I've done them a disservice, their turnover was £4.9m.
Still very tight on funding a wage like Kelly's.
If QPR were to let him go free then they could use a signing on fee to offset his wage.
Looking at this entirely from Kelly's career point of view, if he took a hit on wages for a 2 yr deal he would be guaranteed starting position at Motherwell.
Scotland have 2 goalkeepers as first choice over 36yr old who I think could step down after the Euros and below them it has been Celtic and Rangers 2nd choice keepers as back up.
If Kelly carried on his current form (I'm going by media reports as haven't seen much other than clips) you have to imagine he would have a good opportunity to be Scotland keeper and relaunch his career.
It wouldn't be a bad mindset for him to have but ultimately no return on that for us, it's going to be a difficult one as we need a good back up but will either Lumley or Kelly wait for the Dieng sale to take place while their career is on hold?
Personally I'd release Kelly and keep Joe or Dillon Barnes with the youngster signed recently (Walsh?) out on loan.

I know that doesn't cover potential injuries and I don't know how loan recalls work if the young lad went out.

I don't think Joe is going to sign a new contract and therefore will leave this summer.

Maybe if we let Liam go for what we paid for him (50k) or even free but maybe with target payments and definitely with a large sell on clause, it would be best for all. That way if he is successful and the 'old firm' or anyone want him we would get a reasonable return.

He has another two years on his contract with us so we can 'call the shots' on this one
Login to get fewer ads

Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 11:52 - Apr 17 with 2352 viewsdmm

Should we want to keep either Lumley or Kelly, I guess the one carrot we can hold out to them is that Dieng is very likely to go in 2022/23 and they could be in line to become our no 1 keeper.

(That is, of course, if we don't get promoted but pretend I didn't say that)
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 11:58 - Apr 17 with 2342 viewsgazza1

We need to 'move on' one of the second choice keepers, who that is I don't mind. I am sure that MW will want to get the new young goalkeeper that we signed involved soon.
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 10:55 - Apr 18 with 2144 viewsfrancisbowles

Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 11:58 - Apr 17 by gazza1

We need to 'move on' one of the second choice keepers, who that is I don't mind. I am sure that MW will want to get the new young goalkeeper that we signed involved soon.

Looks like he (or one of the others) will be on the bench on Tuesday night.
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 19:02 - Apr 24 with 1952 viewskarl

Extra time v Hibs in the quarter final Scottish Cup.
Hibs were 2-0 up with 10 to play, and f**ked it up.
Penalties looming?
Liam Kelly in penalty shootout, Scottish Cup on 19:38 - Apr 24 with 1870 viewskarl

Saved one but thankfully Motherwell missed 2.
Bit of relief!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024