Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paddle board 18:54 - Apr 17 with 1704 viewskarl

Calling on the varied experiences of LFW!
Our 11yr old son is keen on the sea and did a lot of wet suit snorkeling around the shore last year and keen to try a bit of paddle boarding. We've got a safe part of the harbour with no tide running through, does go in and out, its relatively shallow so doesn't get waves as such.
Anyhow was wondering if the cheaper inflatable boards are any good for that type of thing?
Inflatable would be good as he could walk 100 yards or so carrying to the shore from the house rather than get his grumpy old man to drive him around to the slip at other side of harbour..
Tbh price is important as don't want to splash out on something expensive that might be a one summer flash in the pan.
Paddle board on 19:03 - Apr 17 with 1674 viewsBoston

Love to help but we only have harbors around here.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paddle board on 19:06 - Apr 17 with 1664 viewsBoston

Paddle board on 19:03 - Apr 17 by Boston

and to be truthful, the Great Whites can do a right job on the heavier boards, so ....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paddle board on 19:09 - Apr 17 with 1653 viewskarl

Paddle board on 19:03 - Apr 17 by Boston

Do me a favor!!
Paddle board on 19:11 - Apr 17 with 1645 viewskarl

Paddle board on 19:06 - Apr 17 by Boston

and to be truthful, the Great Whites can do a right job on the heavier boards, so ....

Might get a chance to escape if we fill it with helium and it talks in a Mickey Mouse voice?
Paddle board on 07:35 - Apr 18 with 1508 viewsdistortR

a splash in the pan
Paddle board on 07:52 - Apr 18 with 1482 viewsdistortR

Paddle board on 19:11 - Apr 17 by karl

Might get a chance to escape if we fill it with helium and it talks in a Mickey Mouse voice?

a scouse great white shark?
How bad would that be. Your thigh stumps propped up on bricks
Paddle board on 08:51 - Apr 18 with 1428 viewsBlackCrowe

If there's no tide, he'll be fine and it's really easy to get the hang of it very quickly.

Buying cheap needs to be done with caution - check reviews thoroughly. The cheaper boards generally have poorer seals so lose air quicker but that is only a problem if you keep board inflated permanently (as you'll have to keep pumping it up).

I've got an iRocker Nautical which is their entry level which was about £300 a year ago but market forces (demand for SUPs are huge now) have shoved the price up incredibly.

Most boards are sold with a pump - you really don't need an electric one as it only take 10 mins max to pump up with elbow grease.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Paddle board on 11:40 - Apr 18 with 1351 viewskarl

Paddle board on 08:51 - Apr 18 by BlackCrowe

If there's no tide, he'll be fine and it's really easy to get the hang of it very quickly.

Buying cheap needs to be done with caution - check reviews thoroughly. The cheaper boards generally have poorer seals so lose air quicker but that is only a problem if you keep board inflated permanently (as you'll have to keep pumping it up).

I've got an iRocker Nautical which is their entry level which was about £300 a year ago but market forces (demand for SUPs are huge now) have shoved the price up incredibly.

Most boards are sold with a pump - you really don't need an electric one as it only take 10 mins max to pump up with elbow grease.

Thanks BC, good info.
The daughters got a gymnastics tumble track which will be similar I think, got an electric pump with that.
He might have to use it to paddle about on if they're too expensive!
Login to get fewer ads

Paddle board on 19:37 - Apr 18 with 1263 viewsloftboy

At the ripe old age of 54 this is something I’m keen to try once I get settled in Lowestoft.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024