Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane or Kakay 13:27 - Apr 19 with 36208 viewsQPR99

Not the biggest fan of Kane for obvious reasons, but looking at Kakay's recent games I wonder if he should be back starting.

Apparently Kakay lost the ball 'once every 2.5 touches and once every 4.5 minutes' against Boro. Completed only 57% of his 37 passes. I remember hearing Warbs say something before that this is how it works when building a team from younger players, that they do make mistakes but it gives experience and creates a better team. Which is so evident from Willock who i think has become one of our best players from his game time this season.

So... Kakay or Kane?
Kane or Kakay on 21:12 - May 7 with 2210 viewsLogman

I think the punishment is very harsh for the crime. I can understand that calling someone foreign can be insensitive but is it really discriminatory ? By all means report it but seven games ??? It's not right. The FA should be more positive. Going over the top just propagates a culture of blame and victimisation.
Kane or Kakay on 21:32 - May 7 with 2140 viewsLogman

I think the punishment is very harsh for the crime. I can understand that calling someone foreign can be insensitive but is it really discriminatory ? By all means report it but seven games ??? It's not right. The FA should be more positive. Going over the top just propagates a culture of blame and victimisation.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 21:38]
Kane or Kakay on 21:44 - May 7 with 2087 viewsChrisNW6

Trying to work out why Canos got so upset at the time and felt the need to report it to the ref. Surely he has had many other similar verbal altercations in the 8 years he has been playing in England. I would be amazed if this was the worst thing he has been called in a eelatively long career. His family owned a restaurant in Liverpool when was there and mum and sister still live in England.

I fully understand that labelling someone as foreign is on the spectrum of being offensive especially to someone who has lived and worked in this country since they were a teenager.

Hopefully this will lead to similar cases and the FA are consistent in the way they act. This really sets a high bar and I can imagine if all incidents are now reported to the ref during the game it might actually do some good.
Kane or Kakay on 22:20 - May 7 with 2024 viewsPBLOCK

Kane or Kakay on 21:44 - May 7 by ChrisNW6

Trying to work out why Canos got so upset at the time and felt the need to report it to the ref. Surely he has had many other similar verbal altercations in the 8 years he has been playing in England. I would be amazed if this was the worst thing he has been called in a eelatively long career. His family owned a restaurant in Liverpool when was there and mum and sister still live in England.

I fully understand that labelling someone as foreign is on the spectrum of being offensive especially to someone who has lived and worked in this country since they were a teenager.

Hopefully this will lead to similar cases and the FA are consistent in the way they act. This really sets a high bar and I can imagine if all incidents are now reported to the ref during the game it might actually do some good.

I think the interesting thing is that Dickies testimony has been almost ignored

From what I can see he has admitted Kane said what he did in response to Canos, so albeit backing a teammate he’s also confirmed Kane was out of order, so hasn’t tried to say that he didn’t say it and in stadiums with no fans it would be interesting if anything was picked up

So his testimony is taken so far but as Canos denied it his statement is null and void?

Kane’s an idiot 7 games seems harsh but if this is a precedent then it needs to be maintained
Kane or Kakay on 22:58 - May 7 with 1933 viewsChrisNW6

I also feel the bar we set on a football field can't be compared to a normal work setting. These are highly paid performers and part of the game is aggression and passion where things get said. Trying to compare using this type of language in an everyday working environment is nuts. There is no place for racism or homaphobia and obviously the FA do not have an issue with derogatory swear words.

This feels like the FA have taken the rules to the letter of the law when there was a chance to apply some common sense and educate the players.

Hopefully the FA start acting on the 'Diving Pr*cks' as it must be so frustrating as a defender to see someone openly cheat.

Kane or Kakay on 23:03 - May 7 with 1923 viewsPaddyhoops

Kane or Kakay on 20:56 - May 7 by switchingcode

Maybe we will again at least we got there something Warburton cam only dream of while at your club.Yes I bit

Steady now. We've all had a drink. It seems!!
Kane or Kakay on 00:23 - May 8 with 1831 viewsCiderwithRsie

Kane or Kakay on 17:38 - May 7 by Northernr

Look they should both be banned, you can't say "ugly English cnt" is fine and "diving foreign cnt" isn't. You also can't just say we believe canos completely, but you two not so much. You just can't do that. It's nonsense. It's also ridiculous that Kane gets seven matches when Terry got four - that's incredible.

But wecan't effect that. The FA is useless, we know that. Canos is a dick, we know that. That's for them to deal with. We should focus on us.

Personally I quite like the club statement.

This is a cr*p situation, there's no good way out - it's one of those "If I were you I wouldn't start from here" ones. If the club says nothing all anyone knows is that Todd Kane got a big ban and a fine for abuse and assumes it was something pretty nasty.

They've made it clear what he said, not tried to deny or belittle it, taken the punishment and reiterated this is unacceptable. Good. They've also set out what Kane and Dickie say Canos said and made the point about how the FA chose not to believe them. QPR haven't said the FA were wrong or it was unfair, they've just said - here's the evidence they made their decision on, we're "surprised" our players weren't believed. We haven't made the point you just did about the length of the ban. We just move on.

Someone wants to throw that statement in our face, I don't see anything I'd not be happy to defend. And I think we owe a duty to Kane not to crucify him ourselves or leave him to twist.
Kane or Kakay on 01:32 - May 8 with 1778 viewsChrisNW6

Kane or Kakay on 00:23 - May 8 by CiderwithRsie

Personally I quite like the club statement.

This is a cr*p situation, there's no good way out - it's one of those "If I were you I wouldn't start from here" ones. If the club says nothing all anyone knows is that Todd Kane got a big ban and a fine for abuse and assumes it was something pretty nasty.

They've made it clear what he said, not tried to deny or belittle it, taken the punishment and reiterated this is unacceptable. Good. They've also set out what Kane and Dickie say Canos said and made the point about how the FA chose not to believe them. QPR haven't said the FA were wrong or it was unfair, they've just said - here's the evidence they made their decision on, we're "surprised" our players weren't believed. We haven't made the point you just did about the length of the ban. We just move on.

Someone wants to throw that statement in our face, I don't see anything I'd not be happy to defend. And I think we owe a duty to Kane not to crucify him ourselves or leave him to twist.

Great post
Login to get fewer ads

Kane or Kakay on 08:11 - May 8 with 1663 viewsdmm

Like most of us, I was unhappy with Kane's comments re Kakay and his outburst at Canos was obviously wrong. However, I now feel sorry for him. His time at QPR has not been a happy one. I've not liked him as a player since he arrived and neither do many others. Kane knows he's not liked by QPR supporters and he cuts an unhappy figure. That is not a good place to be for him.

It was likely he was on his way this summer anyway but with this latest grubby incident adding to his woes, his departure must surely be assured. The sooner he goes the better, for him and for us.
Kane or Kakay on 08:26 - May 8 with 1628 viewsgazza1

I'm from the 'stick & stones' era.......the world has gone mad!!!!
Kane or Kakay on 08:50 - May 8 with 1584 viewsngbqpr

Kane or Kakay on 08:11 - May 8 by dmm

Like most of us, I was unhappy with Kane's comments re Kakay and his outburst at Canos was obviously wrong. However, I now feel sorry for him. His time at QPR has not been a happy one. I've not liked him as a player since he arrived and neither do many others. Kane knows he's not liked by QPR supporters and he cuts an unhappy figure. That is not a good place to be for him.

It was likely he was on his way this summer anyway but with this latest grubby incident adding to his woes, his departure must surely be assured. The sooner he goes the better, for him and for us.

I’d guess that his being unavailable for the first 6 games of next season will make him less attractive to potential suitors.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Kane or Kakay on 08:52 - May 8 with 1576 viewspaulparker

I’m not a massive Kane fan but this seems over the top and ridiculous, surely the ref could have got them together to say cut it out or the fa to give him a warning, but 7 games !!!!
It clearly shows the FA and authorities have it in for QPR after all we don’t conform to their meaningless taking the knee , kick it out , I’m in , or whatever jazzy slogan they and the media dream up, we as a club have made them look silly with our actual actions on and off the pitch
And they don’t like it which is why they are trying to rubbish us
Fcuk the FA ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Kane or Kakay on 09:27 - May 8 with 1530 viewsbosh67

I'm not condoning Kane's words but with Dickie backing up that Canos had a go at Kane as well this really is handbags in many ways. It appears both were xenophobic and if Canos had been a particular race or religion then I could have understood the extent of the ban but this just seems like two players in the heat of the moment. One having a go at the other and the other calling them a cheat. That's what it really amounts to. Sure give Kane a fine and even a couple of game ban if necessary but this really does seem excessive and not particularly well balanced given that another player hears Canos having a similar go back. Ultimately both clubs and both players should have been able to settle this one between them. In this case it has been elevated to a racist/religious/homophobic etc level and it clearly wasn't anything like that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kane or Kakay on 09:34 - May 8 with 1515 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane or Kakay on 08:50 - May 8 by ngbqpr

I’d guess that his being unavailable for the first 6 games of next season will make him less attractive to potential suitors.

True.

Hopefully someone will take a punt on him regardless, but I think you're right that the ban makes him less attractive to other clubs, as does the fact that he has admitted to xenophobic abuse.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kane or Kakay on 09:43 - May 8 with 1496 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane or Kakay on 08:52 - May 8 by paulparker

I’m not a massive Kane fan but this seems over the top and ridiculous, surely the ref could have got them together to say cut it out or the fa to give him a warning, but 7 games !!!!
It clearly shows the FA and authorities have it in for QPR after all we don’t conform to their meaningless taking the knee , kick it out , I’m in , or whatever jazzy slogan they and the media dream up, we as a club have made them look silly with our actual actions on and off the pitch
And they don’t like it which is why they are trying to rubbish us
Fcuk the FA ,

Have to disagree, PP.

I find this craic that Rangers fans sometimes engage in that the FA and the authorities have it in for us all a bit paranoid, a bit weak and a bit self-pitying. Kane admitted an offence and got rightly done. Canos didn't admit it so it's hard to prove racism in his case.

And I don't agree at all that xenophobic/racist abuse should be brushed aside by a ref saying "cut it out", even if he heard it, which he didn't. It's far too serious an offence for that, hence the FA rules, hence the punishment.

I've no pity for Kane on this at all. What he did was totally unacceptable.

Kane or Kakay on 09:44 - May 8 with 1490 viewsdmm

When news of this incident broke it was suggested Kane could be sacked. Is it a sackable offence and does the FA's action have a bearing on that? I guess it may come down to Kane's contract specifics but if he can't get another gig elsewhere, he may choose to hang on which would be unwelcome.
Kane or Kakay on 09:59 - May 8 with 1467 viewsdavman

Kane or Kakay on 09:34 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

True.

Hopefully someone will take a punt on him regardless, but I think you're right that the ban makes him less attractive to other clubs, as does the fact that he has admitted to xenophobic abuse.

Bri, I get that he has admitted the xenophobic abuse and I accept that the common view is that what he said is no longer acceptable and that he should be better, but do you think that his is a unique and isolated incident?

I don't; this happens everywhere. So, I am all for this level of punishment AS LONG AS EVERY FUTURE INCIDENCE IS PUNISHED EQUALLY. That means that anyone calling out someone for being English, for being White, for being a "Jock", "Taff", "Paddy", etc. What about "Cockney", "Scouser", "Geordie", "Northern", "Southern", "Yokel", "Country Bumpkin", "Six fingered East Anglian"?

A precedence has been set, but how many others will take a 7 game ban? Terry was SEEN on cameras clearly saying what he said and his punishment was just FOUR games.

Kane was wrong to say what he said, but whatever trhe Woke generation wants us to believe, it is incredibly hard to change behaviours that have been (wrongly) seen as acceptable through a generation's upbringing.

My dad (now 81) will relate stories about how he had "fun" discussions with West Indians he worked with and played cricket against in the 60s - he called then "Sooty"; they called him "Honky" or "Chalky". Whilst Dad (thankfully) sees that can't be said today, he refuses to understand exactly WHY. That is because he saw nothing wrong with it "back in the day" and everyone joined in with this "Banter" and no-one every "corrected" my dad's behaviour.

So, yes, people need to learn (and they will), but it is not always easy when people have behaved a certain way throughout their lives. Maybe not an excuse, but certainly mitigating circumstances.

As I said in a post above, this is truly a minefield...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Kane or Kakay on 10:00 - May 8 with 1464 viewsE15Hoop

Kane or Kakay on 09:44 - May 8 by dmm

When news of this incident broke it was suggested Kane could be sacked. Is it a sackable offence and does the FA's action have a bearing on that? I guess it may come down to Kane's contract specifics but if he can't get another gig elsewhere, he may choose to hang on which would be unwelcome.

It would come down to the club deciding that his breaches of the Code of Conduct were serious enough to be described as gross misconduct.

Reading between the lines of the Club Statement on this, I don't think it will go that far, but I strongly suspect he's been left in no doubt that he's in the proverbial doghouse.
Kane or Kakay on 10:24 - May 8 with 1426 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane or Kakay on 09:59 - May 8 by davman

Bri, I get that he has admitted the xenophobic abuse and I accept that the common view is that what he said is no longer acceptable and that he should be better, but do you think that his is a unique and isolated incident?

I don't; this happens everywhere. So, I am all for this level of punishment AS LONG AS EVERY FUTURE INCIDENCE IS PUNISHED EQUALLY. That means that anyone calling out someone for being English, for being White, for being a "Jock", "Taff", "Paddy", etc. What about "Cockney", "Scouser", "Geordie", "Northern", "Southern", "Yokel", "Country Bumpkin", "Six fingered East Anglian"?

A precedence has been set, but how many others will take a 7 game ban? Terry was SEEN on cameras clearly saying what he said and his punishment was just FOUR games.

Kane was wrong to say what he said, but whatever trhe Woke generation wants us to believe, it is incredibly hard to change behaviours that have been (wrongly) seen as acceptable through a generation's upbringing.

My dad (now 81) will relate stories about how he had "fun" discussions with West Indians he worked with and played cricket against in the 60s - he called then "Sooty"; they called him "Honky" or "Chalky". Whilst Dad (thankfully) sees that can't be said today, he refuses to understand exactly WHY. That is because he saw nothing wrong with it "back in the day" and everyone joined in with this "Banter" and no-one every "corrected" my dad's behaviour.

So, yes, people need to learn (and they will), but it is not always easy when people have behaved a certain way throughout their lives. Maybe not an excuse, but certainly mitigating circumstances.

As I said in a post above, this is truly a minefield...

A lot of good questions, davman.

I'm not sure if this is a unique and isolated incident. I suspect not.

I agree that all offences have to be treated equally.

I agree that Terry's punishment was weak.

I don't think it's difficult to avoid being xenophobic, though. I think it's incredibly easy. My old man is only five years younger than yours and he and his friends also used to use racist terms (though never racist abuse). But do you know what? They stopped.

Kane or Kakay on 10:26 - May 8 with 1408 viewsgazza1

Todd would have got less of a ban if he had kicked him in the head!!!! Is that right??
Kane or Kakay on 14:59 - May 8 with 1301 viewsdavman

Kane or Kakay on 10:24 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

A lot of good questions, davman.

I'm not sure if this is a unique and isolated incident. I suspect not.

I agree that all offences have to be treated equally.

I agree that Terry's punishment was weak.

I don't think it's difficult to avoid being xenophobic, though. I think it's incredibly easy. My old man is only five years younger than yours and he and his friends also used to use racist terms (though never racist abuse). But do you know what? They stopped.

Don't get me wrong, my dad is not a drunken old wreck screaming racist abuse at anyone who walks by his park bench disturbing his unsocial drinking from a bottle in a brown paper bag; he absolutely tows the line. But he will have the odd "rant" in the way that old people can do; in "private", but within earshot of others and when we react with the "come on Dad, you know you can't say that", he'll go on one about how wrong it is without meaning anything by it.

I have heard much about unconscious prejudice and that is the thing at play here - the more "inbred" into you and your upbringing, the harder it is to make those initial thoughts and feelings to dissipate and the more conscious effort you need to put in to stop.

Whilst I do not agree that it is always as "easy" as you make out, I do agree that it should be achievable given time and effort.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Kane or Kakay on 15:12 - May 8 with 1275 viewsDorse

What surprises me most is that the FA didn't release a statement saying that the panel 'forensically examined what Canos said and found that it was substantially correct: Kane did fail to meet acceptable standards of attractiveness'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kane or Kakay on 16:43 - May 8 with 1209 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kane or Kakay on 08:11 - May 8 by dmm

Frankly I'm struggling to have sympathy for Kane as his problems have been self-inflicted.

My only question is why Canos has escaped punishment. He was the instigator and his words were as bad, if not worse, than Kane's. He should be missing the play-offs.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 16:46]
Kane or Kakay on 19:07 - May 8 with 1088 viewsnumptydumpty

I would like to know why Canos was not charged also.

Almost like leaning too far the other way.

Racism or abuse is not acceptable but then what did Canos say that wasn't also racist and abusive and also he was the instigator

MADNESS !!!

Maybe because Canos is a skilful flair player and Todd is not that. VERY STRANGE

Also if it had been Charlie, it would have been given less criticism by our own fans than we clearly are doing to Todd Kane in this strange scenario.

Calling someone a FOREIGN BLACK C**T is obviously worse than ENGLISH WHITE C**T.

It's difficult to understand and me myself very anti racist but the PC world certainly has its inconsistencies.

We will find it difficult move Kane on with being banned for first six matches..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Kane or Kakay on 22:49 - May 8 with 999 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It'll be interesting to see what internal disciplinary action QPR take. I simply can't accept Kane picking up his wages for 7 weeks having got himself banned for racist behaviour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024