Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane or Kakay 13:27 - Apr 19 with 35865 viewsQPR99

Not the biggest fan of Kane for obvious reasons, but looking at Kakay's recent games I wonder if he should be back starting.

Apparently Kakay lost the ball 'once every 2.5 touches and once every 4.5 minutes' against Boro. Completed only 57% of his 37 passes. I remember hearing Warbs say something before that this is how it works when building a team from younger players, that they do make mistakes but it gives experience and creates a better team. Which is so evident from Willock who i think has become one of our best players from his game time this season.

So... Kakay or Kane?
Kane or Kakay on 08:28 - May 9 with 2229 viewsstevec

Kane or Kakay on 10:26 - May 8 by gazza1

Todd would have got less of a ban if he had kicked him in the head!!!! Is that right??

Hypothetically speaking, of course, but let’s say Canos gets up to his usual rolling around screaming antics next season and calls Kane an ugly English cnt. Kane keeps his mouth shut, until let’s say somewhere around the 88th minute, then piles into Canos and puts him out the game for six months.

What would Kane’s ban be, 3 games?

At the moment we’ve lost a player for 7 games, Canos walks away scot free. Wondering if a Tommy Smith/Emlyn Hughes type hospital pass might be a plausible response?

I didn’t mind Brentford until now but I’d love it, in a Kevin Keegan style, if Barnsley turned them over in a play off final.
Kane or Kakay on 10:47 - May 9 with 2094 viewsdistortR

You call me an ugly English cant, I'm going to respond, even though I am undoubtedly ugly and English and possess a degree of cantishness.

Sorry, I call this decision by the f.a bullshit, particularly as Kane was responding to the abuse. Canos initiated the incident. And then ran to the ref. if I'm there when we (Hopefully) play them , I'll let Canos know that i think he's a tosser.

The club have acted well.

But they both HAVE to be held accountable for what they said, if you go down that road.

edit - this decision plays into the hands of those on the right who see white English people as the modern victims. Huge own-goal imho
[Post edited 9 May 2021 10:50]
Kane or Kakay on 10:55 - May 9 with 2081 viewsfrancisbowles

Kane or Kakay on 10:47 - May 9 by distortR

You call me an ugly English cant, I'm going to respond, even though I am undoubtedly ugly and English and possess a degree of cantishness.

Sorry, I call this decision by the f.a bullshit, particularly as Kane was responding to the abuse. Canos initiated the incident. And then ran to the ref. if I'm there when we (Hopefully) play them , I'll let Canos know that i think he's a tosser.

The club have acted well.

But they both HAVE to be held accountable for what they said, if you go down that road.

edit - this decision plays into the hands of those on the right who see white English people as the modern victims. Huge own-goal imho
[Post edited 9 May 2021 10:50]

Taking the accepted poor behaviours out of this for a second. It is not a surprise that the FA found the instigator to have no case to answer. The incident at Man City was instigated by Tevez but he had the same outcome from the FA.
Kane or Kakay on 10:58 - May 9 with 2075 viewsdistortR

Kane or Kakay on 10:55 - May 9 by francisbowles

Taking the accepted poor behaviours out of this for a second. It is not a surprise that the FA found the instigator to have no case to answer. The incident at Man City was instigated by Tevez but he had the same outcome from the FA.

I don't buy into the theory that the f.a pick on QPR.

Kane's behaviour was like for like, barton's was
Kane or Kakay on 20:19 - May 9 with 1972 viewsfrancisbowles

Kane or Kakay on 10:58 - May 9 by distortR

I don't buy into the theory that the f.a pick on QPR.

Kane's behaviour was like for like, barton's was

No I wasn't suggesting any picking on us but simply the FA 's failure to act on those players that are the initial cause of incidents on the pitch.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 20:20]
Kane or Kakay on 20:50 - May 9 with 1912 viewsPeterHucker

Leaving aside Kane saying stupid things both on and off the pitch and generally coming across like a bit of a prick e.g. that fücking dreadful TikTok dancing video

Ossie Kakay is 4 years younger. At the moment he has his faults / weaknesses but he also has a lot of strengths. He's good in the air, his close control and first touch is really good for a defender and that helps him fit in well with this quick passing triangles that we like to play.
I think that with 4 more years experience he'll comfortably be a far better player than Kane is now.
Plus he's genuinely "one of our own" from Queens Park and he seems like a lovely chap.
Kane or Kakay on 09:00 - May 14 with 1690 viewsdmm

Nothing more than we expected but Dave Mc says "QPR set to axe Kane and bring in right-back" - https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-axe-todd-kane-and-bring-in-right-
Kane or Kakay on 09:45 - May 14 with 1576 viewsRBlock

Kane or Kakay on 09:00 - May 14 by dmm

Nothing more than we expected but Dave Mc says "QPR set to axe Kane and bring in right-back" - https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-to-axe-todd-kane-and-bring-in-right-

Glad we've settled this one then. The answer is Kakay. Do we lock this thread now, or what?
Login to get fewer ads

Kane or Kakay on 09:47 - May 14 with 1566 views100percent

my opinion, for what its worth.
I don't really care what the FA rule in this situation - it's obviously a strong decision, hence the 7 game ban, which suggests to me that we probably don't have the whole details on the altercation.
With regards to canos, - brentford player acts like a prima donna in their cup final - 'who'd have thunk it?' however, racism in any form is unacceptable. What will be interesting from the evidence is whether brentford will take any internal action against him for his comments. don't hold your breath.
What I am very proud of is our actions as a club. We have condoned the behaviour and made it very clear that we will not accept racism in any form. If kane is being drummed out - I actually applaud it because it sends out a strong message.
We can only be judged by our own reactions and responses to this - both the FA and brentford appear to be confused and inconsistent. We however have made our position very clear.
Kane or Kakay on 09:59 - May 14 with 1516 viewsPhildo

interesting how as a club a bit of stability makes it easier to deal with players acting the prick
Kane or Kakay on 10:46 - May 14 with 1404 viewsbosh67

I am one of the few fans perhaps who thinks Kane is a good player. Not the best right back but was coming along pretty well as a wing back, particularly in the opposing half - and he could finish if needed.

But he seems to have always been tainted by that Chelsea bloke tag which of course many other have managed to get through - Wilkins, Webb, Furlong, etc etc. He also seems to be quite gobby as it were and although I didn't think he said anything that caused much issue re him and Kakay it didn't look great to many, obviously including the management.

I think he has been unlucky with this Brentford thing because it sounds like it was handbags and would have been a whole lot worse of course if it was racist, but it wasn't. Xenophobic both ways by the sound of it. So he's given the management and board an easy way to move him out. As I say I am perhaps one of the fans who thought he was improving quite a bit this season but in our quest for unity and bonding of right types perhaps he doesn't quite fit.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kane or Kakay on 11:16 - May 14 with 1323 viewsrobith

Kane or Kakay on 20:50 - May 9 by PeterHucker

Leaving aside Kane saying stupid things both on and off the pitch and generally coming across like a bit of a prick e.g. that fücking dreadful TikTok dancing video

Ossie Kakay is 4 years younger. At the moment he has his faults / weaknesses but he also has a lot of strengths. He's good in the air, his close control and first touch is really good for a defender and that helps him fit in well with this quick passing triangles that we like to play.
I think that with 4 more years experience he'll comfortably be a far better player than Kane is now.
Plus he's genuinely "one of our own" from Queens Park and he seems like a lovely chap.

I also just love about Kakay how he got a chance in the first team cos of COVID and injuries and he has just grabbed it and not let go. I really rate that mentality
Kane or Kakay on 11:25 - May 14 with 1301 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane or Kakay on 10:46 - May 14 by bosh67

I am one of the few fans perhaps who thinks Kane is a good player. Not the best right back but was coming along pretty well as a wing back, particularly in the opposing half - and he could finish if needed.

But he seems to have always been tainted by that Chelsea bloke tag which of course many other have managed to get through - Wilkins, Webb, Furlong, etc etc. He also seems to be quite gobby as it were and although I didn't think he said anything that caused much issue re him and Kakay it didn't look great to many, obviously including the management.

I think he has been unlucky with this Brentford thing because it sounds like it was handbags and would have been a whole lot worse of course if it was racist, but it wasn't. Xenophobic both ways by the sound of it. So he's given the management and board an easy way to move him out. As I say I am perhaps one of the fans who thought he was improving quite a bit this season but in our quest for unity and bonding of right types perhaps he doesn't quite fit.

I also thought he was an ok player at our level, Bosh. I wouldn't go any further than that, though, Bosh.*

Agree with your second paragraph, Bosh.

I'm not really sure about your last paragraph, Bosh** as we're only all guessing as to what really happened and also whether the club wanted to move him on anyway. But I will say this - if they do, I'll be glad. But - not that the two things are linked - he'll be harder to replace than we might first think, Bosh***.

*I've started doing the Warburton name-thing.

**I've stopped now. I'm tired.

***I've started again. Good manners cost nothing, Brian.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kane or Kakay on 11:36 - May 14 with 1286 viewsNorthernr

Told you, with Warbs disrespect is about the worst thing you can do.
Kane or Kakay on 11:43 - May 14 with 1270 viewssprocket

Kane or Kakay on 11:36 - May 14 by Northernr

Sets out clearly the do's and dont's which to me is excellent and set's us up for the future
Kane or Kakay on 12:21 - May 14 with 1215 viewsGloryHunter

Kane or Kakay on 11:36 - May 14 by Northernr

You'll be lucky to get another interview, then.
Kane or Kakay on 12:29 - May 14 with 1195 viewsNorthernr

Kane or Kakay on 12:21 - May 14 by GloryHunter

You'll be lucky to get another interview, then.

Ha ha I think you might be right.
Kane or Kakay on 12:40 - May 14 with 1159 viewsGloryHunter

Back in the 1960s Sunderland (then a top team) had a real old-school manager, ex army, called Alan Brown. I remember him saying that he would never have George Best in his team because of his haircut, and because he had his shirt outside his shorts. Lack of respect, you see?
Kane or Kakay on 12:47 - May 14 with 1145 viewsWestbourneR

Kane or Kakay on 12:29 - May 14 by Northernr

Ha ha I think you might be right.

Oooo yeah we you joked about our inability to defend corners - he did NOT like that.

I have to say I didn't think he was capable of getting a team to defend properly, I thought we'd always play nice football under Warburton but also always be powderpuff.

Very pleased to proven very wrong - Barbet, Dickie and De Wijs is a promotion getting back three.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Kane or Kakay on 12:55 - May 14 with 1134 viewsWadR

Would be delighted with being rid of Kane - for his mediocrity as a player and his actions towards Canos + Kakay.

Interested to know what the plan is though. He's got another year on his contract and find it hard to imagine many takers considering he's banned for 6 matches. Are they planning to pay off the rest of his deal?
Kane or Kakay on 13:01 - May 14 with 1115 views100percent

Kane or Kakay on 10:46 - May 14 by bosh67

Like Brian I thought kane was an ok player - not great but was always willing to defend him because a) he is wearing our shirt b) he never hid.
Totally do not accept the suggestion of being 'unlucky' Whether you want to wrap it up in racism or xenophobia, its unacceptable. We've drawn a line in the sand post terry, and therefore we have a standard that we have to stick to.
he's obviously given the board, senior management and more pertinently warbs a difficult situation to manage and all eyes are on our reaction.
Personally, i don't think he should play for the club again - but that's just me.
Kane or Kakay on 13:07 - May 14 with 1088 viewsBklynRanger

I think Kane has been harshly treated for giving the same shit back to Canos that he'd just received. The idea of believing one side and not the other, without any concrete evidence on either side, is a bit odd.

His Kakay thing was more of a concern in some ways because he was unnecessarily being an arse.

Either way, and no offence to Todd, but a better quality right back could make a real difference to us next season imho.
Kane or Kakay on 13:28 - May 14 with 1049 viewsbosh67

I guess we don't rule out Albert sometimes being deployed at right wing back either next season. And before people say his legs have gone or he has no pace he apparently regularly clocks up good sprint times even at the grand old ancient age of 33. I guess it is down to his stamina rather than his pace as to whether he is an option in that position.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kane or Kakay on 13:58 - May 14 with 1003 viewsed_83

No surprise to see us trying to move Kane on - think it's best for all sides at this point.

He's a decent player though - assuming he's being offered on a free or nominal fee and his wages are relatively slim, I can see plenty of lower-midtable Championship sides taking a punt on him even if only as a squad player.
Kane or Kakay on 15:09 - May 14 with 943 viewsgazza1

The more I hear, the more I stick with my opinions on this thread on 21st April......he just does not fit into the ethos of the Team and MW. It is important.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024