Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane or Kakay 13:27 - Apr 19 with 35875 viewsQPR99

Not the biggest fan of Kane for obvious reasons, but looking at Kakay's recent games I wonder if he should be back starting.

Apparently Kakay lost the ball 'once every 2.5 touches and once every 4.5 minutes' against Boro. Completed only 57% of his 37 passes. I remember hearing Warbs say something before that this is how it works when building a team from younger players, that they do make mistakes but it gives experience and creates a better team. Which is so evident from Willock who i think has become one of our best players from his game time this season.

So... Kakay or Kane?
Kane or Kakay on 22:04 - Apr 20 with 3290 viewsdaveB

Kane or Kakay on 21:54 - Apr 20 by paulparker

From what I’ve heard Kane and Warbs have had a right ding dong , Also been told Kane is being sold to Cardiff

That would make more sense, i just can't imagine that he's out due to the interview, must have kicked off behind the scenes for him to be dropped completely.
Kane or Kakay on 22:15 - Apr 20 with 3247 viewsLazyFan

Kane or Kakay on 21:45 - Apr 20 by BlackCrowe

Osman was all over the place today, not his finest hour.

Yes, he was poor today and rightly subbed.
Strangely he looked tired and well off the pace.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kane or Kakay on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 3231 viewsnix

From what I’ve heard Kane and Warbs have had a right ding dong , Also been told Kane is being sold to Cardiff

Blimey if we can get money for him, absolutely win-win. I can't see Warbs wanting to play him again, quite frankly. It's not his play but his attitude that wouldn't go down well I don't think. You only have to compare CA, who's always absolutely delighted when Dykes scores, even though he sometimes keeps him out of the team. Same with Lumley and Dieng. All Warbs type players.
Kane or Kakay on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 3226 viewsVancouverHoop

Kakay just needs to mellow out a bit, he's a bit of a headless chicken at times, especially if he makes a mistake. He'll get better with more minutes.

I thought Niko had one of his best performances today. Bit of a low bar I suppose but encouraging nonetheless.

If they can find a buyer Kane may be out the door. Not a great loss, IMHO, he's no better than average at this level. We need team players not Billy Big Bo**ox.
Kane or Kakay on 11:48 - Apr 21 with 3075 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Overreaction to Kane's foolish video imo. I expect most professional footballers have similar thoughts. They just have sufficient sense not to be caught uttering them on camera. I think he is just being put in his place by Warbs.

Kane is a better player than Kakay, which isn't saying much.
I have yet to see a performance from Kakay which is anything near Championship starter standard and I don't see him improving. At wingback he is not quite the liability he is in a back three, but he still put in a headless chicken performance.
Kane or Kakay on 11:56 - Apr 21 with 3057 viewsjeffranger

I think we should be looking to replace both wing backs in the summer transfer, Kakay was very poor in first half, Wallace has come but suffers a lot of injuries & age against him, but would probably give him another year if he wants it
Kane or Kakay on 20:26 - Apr 21 with 2939 viewsMyke

Interesting. Wouldn't have thought a McCarthy player at all. How reliable is your source?
Kane or Kakay on 21:18 - Apr 21 with 2897 viewshantssi

Was any sort of fee mentioned?
Guessing it will be in the region of £13M 😜
Login to get fewer ads

Kane or Kakay on 21:21 - Apr 21 with 2897 viewsT_Block

Kane or Kakay on 17:24 - Apr 19 by OldPedro

Kakay only has about 60 professional appearances, so still lots of room for development assuming that a player needs 100 games that we have seen with others such as Eze, Chair etc

Is the right answer......

Remember most fans are not good judges of developing players
Kane or Kakay on 22:02 - Apr 21 with 2840 viewsLogman

I think Osman lacks composure and his mistakes are more often than not due to uncertainty/lack of experience. I said the same thing about Lumley last season and he seems to have come good so why shouldn't Osman go the same way ?

As for Kane I hope he gets moved on. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and I'm not sure he has got the mental capacity to acknowledge his weaknesses and address them.
Kane or Kakay on 10:05 - Apr 22 with 2717 viewsfrancisbowles

Kane or Kakay on 21:21 - Apr 21 by T_Block

Kakay was very mistake ridden in the early stages on Tuesday but did settle down, become less error prone and made a more positive contribution before being subbed. He did look a bit tired mentally as well as physically and Swansea did seem to put most of their attacks down that side.
Kane or Kakay on 18:45 - Apr 22 with 2607 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane.

But what I don't like is this sort of halfway house.

Clearly dropped and maybe still dropped because of that interview (wrongly IMHO) but that's not really relevant here.

Either MB says what's done is done we move on and he plays him or decides what he aid WAS unacceptable and drops him altogether - what's happening now is neither one thing or the other.
Kane or Kakay (n/t) on 20:12 - Apr 22 with 2549 viewsDavieQPR

Kane or Kakay on 17:24 - Apr 19 by OldPedro

Kakay only has about 60 professional appearances, so still lots of room for development assuming that a player needs 100 games that we have seen with others such as Eze, Chair etc

So why do you think he has well under half the games as Eze or Chair but is older than Eze and the same age as Chair?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 20:15]
Kane or Kakay on 21:06 - Apr 22 with 2497 viewsNed_Kennedys

Kane or Kakay on 21:21 - Apr 21 by T_Block

No it’s not the right answer: 100 games is about three seasons of regular football which is far too long to judge whether a player is good enough.
Kane should be starting with Kakay on the bench for his versatility. Neither Osman or Niko should’ve been given long contracts IMO: these should be reserved for attacking players like Willock and Chair who will massively increase their valuations over the next few years.
Kane or Kakay on 21:38 - Apr 22 with 2471 viewsOldPedro

Players develop at different ages. I'm not saying he will be good enough for the Championship, just that he needs more games before we will really know for sure.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Kane or Kakay on 23:05 - Apr 22 with 2411 viewsMyke

Kane or Kakay on 21:06 - Apr 22 by Ned_Kennedys

No it’s not the right answer: 100 games is about three seasons of regular football which is far too long to judge whether a player is good enough.
Kane should be starting with Kakay on the bench for his versatility. Neither Osman or Niko should’ve been given long contracts IMO: these should be reserved for attacking players like Willock and Chair who will massively increase their valuations over the next few years.

I agree that Kane is obviously a better player than Kakay at this point of their respective careers. But the 100 games seems to be a real thing when you see the massive strides that Eze and Chair made over that period.
Also, (whatever the reasons for Kane's 'holiday'), it is exactly the right time to be playing Niko and Kakay; in competitive, but non-essential games..
I think that it depends on our opinion of the players whether we feel that that a longer deal is good value for money or not. For example, everybody is very pleased that Dieng is secured for another 3 seasons, after his breakthrough season and bigger clubs (allegedly) sniffing around. He was put straight into the team last October after being offered the deal. He has had a brilliant season, but suppose it had gone the other way? You can be sure we would all be moaning about the length of his contract. The coaching staff/hierarchy don't have a crystal ball, they obviously feel that both Kakay and Niko will pay off in the long run. Considering we were moaning that the club didn't act more decisively with BOS and Manning, before they had their breakthrough season, we can't really start complaining when they do exactly that with Kakay and Niko. Maybe this time next year, we will be delighted they are on longer deals.
Do we need reinforcements at wing-back on both sides if we want to progress? Probably, but not absolutely definitely, unless Kane moves on. and Wallace doesn't get an extension
Kane or Kakay on 04:45 - Apr 23 with 2347 viewsdade_murphy

Kakay has good physical attributes, decent skill on the ball... and barrels around like a headless chicken on ice skates.

Is there a player behind the crashing waves of adrenaline? Might Ossie harness his tremendous energies with more accuracy? Can he furnish his presently steep fluctuations in composure with a calmer pattern of consciousness and a measured structure for decision-making?

I shall be writing to Mr Warburton to recommend the lad enlist in extra training. He must begin a dual practice in Ashtanga Yoga and Zen - and thus turn to attune his perseverant soul towards the pathway to bodily and spiritual awareness and harmony.

With steely calm he will be transubstantiated into ‘the Kilburn Cafu’.
Kane or Kakay on 18:50 - May 1 with 2127 viewsdade_murphy

Kane or Kakay on 04:45 - Apr 23 by dade_murphy

Kakay has good physical attributes, decent skill on the ball... and barrels around like a headless chicken on ice skates.

Is there a player behind the crashing waves of adrenaline? Might Ossie harness his tremendous energies with more accuracy? Can he furnish his presently steep fluctuations in composure with a calmer pattern of consciousness and a measured structure for decision-making?

I shall be writing to Mr Warburton to recommend the lad enlist in extra training. He must begin a dual practice in Ashtanga Yoga and Zen - and thus turn to attune his perseverant soul towards the pathway to bodily and spiritual awareness and harmony.

With steely calm he will be transubstantiated into ‘the Kilburn Cafu’.

Dade is not often found tooting his own proverbial trumpet but...

I am delighted that Mr Warbs Warburton saw fit to pass on my communiqué from last week to young Osman in advance of this afternoon's fixture.

His finely taken strike was a case study in 'visualisation', mindful pre-meditation, and composure.

Given such rapid success in intermediate 'nerve-purifying' ashtanga techniques, I look forward with keen anticipation to seeing the young fellow elevate his practice, and start to incorporate the advanced 'steady strength' of sthira bhaga. This would help engender an assiduous focus on defensive concentration and positioning.

If he might be persuaded to trade Mykonos for a spiritual retreat with guidance from master practioners this June, Dade would consider the lad a shoo-in for POTY 21/22.
Kane or Kakay on 19:03 - May 1 with 2038 viewsxianwol

Excellent game by Kakay today,not just his goal but defended well and did not lose the ball many times at all. This will boost his confidence. Suspect Kane will be on his bike.
Kane or Kakay on 21:22 - May 1 with 1880 viewsgazza1

Kakay is learning his trade......he is a right sided player but he has been filling in as a CB - good for him. Time will tell, if he is good enough but I think we need to 'chill' and give him a chance.

He is our future, Kane will be off very soon for whatever reason.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 21:27]
Kane or Kakay on 21:43 - May 1 with 1831 viewsDylanP

I prefer Kakay over Kane by miles. Kane is a solid player. He gets the job done and he can cross the ball. But he is at his level and there isn't a huge amount of upside excitement. I feel like there is a lot of upside to Kakay. He is brave and bold and gets caught out sometimes but he is one of those players that I like to see on the team sheet coz he is exciting to watch.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Kane or Kakay on 21:48 - May 1 with 1820 viewsgazza1

Kane or Kakay on 21:43 - May 1 by DylanP

I prefer Kakay over Kane by miles. Kane is a solid player. He gets the job done and he can cross the ball. But he is at his level and there isn't a huge amount of upside excitement. I feel like there is a lot of upside to Kakay. He is brave and bold and gets caught out sometimes but he is one of those players that I like to see on the team sheet coz he is exciting to watch.

Unsure what 'upside excitement' means.......
[Post edited 1 May 2021 21:48]
Kane or Kakay on 07:32 - May 2 with 1662 viewsDorse

Kane or Kakay on 21:48 - May 1 by gazza1

Unsure what 'upside excitement' means.......
[Post edited 1 May 2021 21:48]

Oops upside excitement, say oops upside excitement.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kane or Kakay on 12:13 - May 2 with 1475 viewsenfieldargh

Lovely well taken goal by Ossie really please for him.

Has makings of a good player for us , he can only get better.

Warbs ball is very intense and players need to mentally attuned to have quick feet so brain definitely needs to be in harness with the feet .

He has got the right attitude to succeed and make him a regular on the right

Scores his goal luvlee jublee

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Kane or Kakay on 13:13 - May 2 with 1414 viewsdmm

Just watched Kakay's interview on the offish. He came across as a really lovely lad. I hadn't realised he'd been at the club since he was 7 so he's done so well to have worked all his way through to the first team. He really is one of our own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024