Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane or Kakay 13:27 - Apr 19 with 36234 viewsQPR99

Not the biggest fan of Kane for obvious reasons, but looking at Kakay's recent games I wonder if he should be back starting.

Apparently Kakay lost the ball 'once every 2.5 touches and once every 4.5 minutes' against Boro. Completed only 57% of his 37 passes. I remember hearing Warbs say something before that this is how it works when building a team from younger players, that they do make mistakes but it gives experience and creates a better team. Which is so evident from Willock who i think has become one of our best players from his game time this season.

So... Kakay or Kane?
Kane or Kakay on 16:43 - May 7 with 1831 viewsFrankRightguard

Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 7 by switchingcode

I tend to agree just typical football chat between players during a game except the word for foreign or Spanish was used by one player.Had Canos said english I presume he would have had the same ban.Absolute madness and will now set a precedent.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 16:33]

Agree. What the ruling is saying is Kane should have denied it and that would have been the end of it. So I wonder what everyone else going forward will do now? Either ban both or neither. Can’t see how you can pick out only one in a case of one persons word against another.
Kane or Kakay on 16:43 - May 7 with 1831 viewsRangersw12

Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 7 by switchingcode

I tend to agree just typical football chat between players during a game except the word for foreign or Spanish was used by one player.Had Canos said english I presume he would have had the same ban.Absolute madness and will now set a precedent.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 16:33]

According to two of our players he did say "English" but for some reason he was believed and ours wasn't
Kane or Kakay on 16:44 - May 7 with 1823 viewsE15Hoop

Kane or Kakay on 16:28 - May 7 by ed_83

Relieved that Kane's comments were - while still totally unacceptable - at the lower end of what I feared they might be. Bit weird that Canos' testimony was accepted at face value when Kane and Dickie's weren't, but neither Kane nor the club can have any real complaints. Glad it's been dealt with, hopefully everyone (including fans) can accept the ruling and move on.

In terms of Kane's longer-term future, it's on him now to demonstrate that the lapses in self-awareness and respect we saw with this and the Kakay interview aren't ever repeated. For me, I think the risk of him putting his foot in it outweigh his benefit to the team, so I'd be happy to see him move on in the summer, but he also deserves a chance to put everything right.

That's assuming Citizen Kane has the self-awareness and humility to take his fall from grace on the chin, instead of hiding behind a victim mentality and believing he's been hard done to.

The positive is that the club is now in a very strong position to insist that the player conforms to the Code of Conduct he signed up to when he first joined the club, or else he will be swiftly shown the door.

A long period of self-reflection is what now waits for him, which he would be well-advised to make full use of. I suspect this is a message that will now be made very clear to him by the Management Team..
Kane or Kakay on 16:48 - May 7 with 1784 viewsfrancisbowles

Kane or Kakay on 16:08 - May 7 by Northernr

Well there's a can of worms...

Reading the club's statement it seems unbelievable that the tribunal came to that decision and especially the sanction.

It really seems extremely harsh, especially as he owned up. Terry got four games for a lot worse and tried to deny the meaning of what, he admitted, he had said.

Surely grounds to appeal the sanction.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 16:59]
Kane or Kakay on 16:51 - May 7 with 1763 viewsnix

Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

"Diving foreign (expletive)" is certainly a xenophobic phrase but it's not racist towards any one Nationality, I think?

That's not to say there isn't a case to answer or that of isn't an offence, of course, I'm just trying to collect my thoughts on it.

I kind of agree with you Brian. I must admit I thought he must have used a really offensive word for Spanish/South American people for that kind of sanction and that it was unprovoked.

Are they saying they don't believe Rob Dickie or that it's okay to use English as an insult but not foreign? It's a bit confusing.
Kane or Kakay on 16:59 - May 7 with 1682 viewsQPR_John

Kane or Kakay on 16:44 - May 7 by E15Hoop

That's assuming Citizen Kane has the self-awareness and humility to take his fall from grace on the chin, instead of hiding behind a victim mentality and believing he's been hard done to.

The positive is that the club is now in a very strong position to insist that the player conforms to the Code of Conduct he signed up to when he first joined the club, or else he will be swiftly shown the door.

A long period of self-reflection is what now waits for him, which he would be well-advised to make full use of. I suspect this is a message that will now be made very clear to him by the Management Team..

“That's assuming Citizen Kane has the self-awareness and humility to take his fall from grace on the chin, instead of hiding behind a victim mentality and believing he's been hard done to. “

But he has been hard done by. If the other party was simply believed and he and Dickie were not. I would be interested to hear why Dickie was not believed
Kane or Kakay on 17:02 - May 7 with 1663 viewskarl

Kane or Kakay on 16:51 - May 7 by nix

I kind of agree with you Brian. I must admit I thought he must have used a really offensive word for Spanish/South American people for that kind of sanction and that it was unprovoked.

Are they saying they don't believe Rob Dickie or that it's okay to use English as an insult but not foreign? It's a bit confusing.

That's my thoughts too Nix.
Going by what information is available then Kane can feel hard done by, given he owned up straight away, it's not been dealt with equitably.
Burden of proof is obviously the main factor and Canos maintaining he never used the word 'English'.
That said, even if Kane said his outburst without any provocation or input from Canos I'm finding it a hard punishment and sets a precedence that will be interesting to follow, to say the least
Kane or Kakay on 17:03 - May 7 with 1660 viewsdaveB

Kane or Kakay on 16:41 - May 7 by OldPedro

From the club statement, Kane seems to have been punished for pleading guilty while the Brentford player potentially got away with the same offence by denying it - despite 2 witnesses saying otherwise.

yeah it seems bizarre to me.

I genuinely assumed he must have said something terrible for a 7 game ban
Login to get fewer ads

Kane or Kakay on 17:04 - May 7 with 1640 viewsdaveB

Kane or Kakay on 16:59 - May 7 by QPR_John

“That's assuming Citizen Kane has the self-awareness and humility to take his fall from grace on the chin, instead of hiding behind a victim mentality and believing he's been hard done to. “

But he has been hard done by. If the other party was simply believed and he and Dickie were not. I would be interested to hear why Dickie was not believed

Exactly this, if Rob Dickie got a 7 game ban for this we'd be going mad
Kane or Kakay on 17:07 - May 7 with 1623 viewsE15Hoop

Kane or Kakay on 16:59 - May 7 by QPR_John

The lack of action taken on Canos doesn't take away from Kane's guilt, so in that sense he can have no complaints.

That taken in conjunction with his ill-advised comments on Kakay mean that he has now broken the club's Code of Conduct twice in quick succession - not a good look.
Kane or Kakay on 17:08 - May 7 with 1607 viewsNorthernr

Kane or Kakay on 16:48 - May 7 by francisbowles

Reading the club's statement it seems unbelievable that the tribunal came to that decision and especially the sanction.

It really seems extremely harsh, especially as he owned up. Terry got four games for a lot worse and tried to deny the meaning of what, he admitted, he had said.

Surely grounds to appeal the sanction.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 16:59]

It's such an awkward one. Massively grey area.

QPR set themselves up as THE club on this sort of thing. Recruitment, senior management, coaching positions, we beat the rest of the EFL PUT TOGETHER on this stuff. I was really proud when Sky filled some airtime with us not taking part in the latest empty gesture earlier in the seasont that we went big, fat and strong in rebuttal on that, because it was bullsht, and we had loads on our side.

Frankly, this whole case and ruling looks very dubious to me. I don't know why Canos is taken at his word but Dickie and Kane aren't taken at theirs. I know the Russian Bot basically exists on here now to pick up on something I say once a week and go to town on it, call me a virtue signaller etc, but he/she/it is right in that there are levels in this, and context, and tone.

The problem QPR have is once you set yourself up, and behave, as THAT club, the inclusive club, the club doing more than anybody else, the club that goes after UEFA and FIFA over racist abuse of our players in Spain, then it becomes a zero sum, zero tolerance game. Fcking diving cnt fine, fcking diving foreign cnt fiiiiineish, fcking diving Spanish cnt probably not, fcking diving spik cnt absolutely not.... It's not really a debate you should be getting into. You're either doing it or you're not.

Watch now, whenever QPR put out a Tweet or anything about abuse, racism etc, loads of replies will be "THIS YOU MATE?" with that statement.
Kane or Kakay on 17:14 - May 7 with 1562 viewsEastR

Kane or Kakay on 16:32 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

"Diving foreign (expletive)" is certainly a xenophobic phrase but it's not racist towards any one Nationality, I think?

That's not to say there isn't a case to answer or that of isn't an offence, of course, I'm just trying to collect my thoughts on it.

Its odd, isn’t it?

Why would you qualify ‘diving CU next Tues’ with ‘foreign’, unless it was in in response to someone also qualifying it by nationality in some way?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Kane or Kakay on 17:15 - May 7 with 1555 viewsQPR_John

Kane or Kakay on 17:07 - May 7 by E15Hoop

The lack of action taken on Canos doesn't take away from Kane's guilt, so in that sense he can have no complaints.

That taken in conjunction with his ill-advised comments on Kakay mean that he has now broken the club's Code of Conduct twice in quick succession - not a good look.

I never suggested it did but he is either lying along with Dickie or he has a right to feel he has not been dealt with in an equal manner. Surely the FL should be punishing Dickie for lying if that’s what they think
Kane or Kakay on 17:17 - May 7 with 1549 viewsdaveB

Kane or Kakay on 17:08 - May 7 by Northernr

QPR set themselves up as THE club on this sort of thing. Recruitment, senior management, coaching positions, we beat the rest of the EFL PUT TOGETHER on this stuff. I was really proud when Sky filled some airtime with us not taking part in the latest empty gesture earlier in the seasont that we went big, fat and strong in rebuttal on that, because it was bullsht, and we had loads on our side.

Frankly, this whole case and ruling looks very dubious to me. I don't know why Canos is taken at his word but Dickie and Kane aren't taken at theirs. I know the Russian Bot basically exists on here now to pick up on something I say once a week and go to town on it, call me a virtue signaller etc, but he/she/it is right in that there are levels in this, and context, and tone.

The problem QPR have is once you set yourself up, and behave, as THAT club, the inclusive club, the club doing more than anybody else, the club that goes after UEFA and FIFA over racist abuse of our players in Spain, then it becomes a zero sum, zero tolerance game. Fcking diving cnt fine, fcking diving foreign cnt fiiiiineish, fcking diving Spanish cnt probably not, fcking diving spik cnt absolutely not.... It's not really a debate you should be getting into. You're either doing it or you're not.

Watch now, whenever QPR put out a Tweet or anything about abuse, racism etc, loads of replies will be "THIS YOU MATE?" with that statement.

I thought the club statement was pretty good, said it doesn't stand for discrimination and will discipline Todd Kane but explains what happened and asks for fans not to give abuse to any of the players involved.
Kane or Kakay on 17:17 - May 7 with 1543 viewskarl

Which is probably why Kane admitted guilt straight away?
Club told him, 'you said it, we're not dirtying our image with a false denial'.
I've no idea obviously but that will have to be the clubs position surely?
Their questioning of Canos being absolved/believed does seem to suggest that route, behind the scenes it won't build bridges with the two clubs
Kane or Kakay on 17:18 - May 7 with 1531 viewsqpr_1968

Kane or Kakay on 16:42 - May 7 by Toast_R

Y"ou f*cking English ugly c*nt"

"F*ck off you diving foreign c*nt"

One gets a 7 game ban and a 6k fine while the other gets off scot free?

watch how you go toast, you said scot, you'd better hide for a couple of days.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Kane or Kakay on 17:22 - May 7 with 1495 viewsBucksRanger

I'm bemused by the world I live in, to find that I can't say a foreigner is 'foreign' to his face after having been sworn at by said foreigner is weirdly odd to me. As an Englishman of French extraction I had a few unsavoury references made to my surname over my lifetime and was once called 'Honky' by an elderly black (am I allowed to say that?) woman which brought a smile to my face. Not once have I considered taking such things to any kind of court.

Jeez, this world is mental (again can I say this?) nowadays. I really must get up to date with the law on these things. Anyone out there know what the law actually stipulates these days?
Kane or Kakay on 17:23 - May 7 with 1492 viewsFrankRightguard

I’m not sure they will. They’ve condemned Kane but questioned why the case hasn’t been handled evenly given the other party in the same incident has used a similar insult but been let off as he denied it.
Kane or Kakay on 17:29 - May 7 with 1445 viewsLongsufferingR

I'd have a large bet on Canos somehow reporting that he has an "injury" on the day of our home match against them next season.
Kane or Kakay on 17:29 - May 7 with 1445 viewsNorthernr

Kane or Kakay on 17:23 - May 7 by FrankRightguard

I’m not sure they will. They’ve condemned Kane but questioned why the case hasn’t been handled evenly given the other party in the same incident has used a similar insult but been let off as he denied it.

I don't know mate, I'm very torn on this now. It is patently, obviously nonsense that Canos has been believed and our lads haven't. But I don't really care what Canos said, did... He's a dick, we know he's a dick, we've played against him and seen the dives and heard the screams etc etc. Brentford want to indulge somebody like that, that's up to them. I reeeeeeaaallly don't like whataboutery. It's about us. When they go low we go high.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Kane or Kakay on 17:33 - May 7 with 1395 viewsE15Hoop

Kane or Kakay on 17:15 - May 7 by QPR_John

I never suggested it did but he is either lying along with Dickie or he has a right to feel he has not been dealt with in an equal manner. Surely the FL should be punishing Dickie for lying if that’s what they think

I think Clive's nailed this one as he usually does in these situations.

The FA have clearly decided that there is an "acceptable" level of abuse that goes in on games, but given the recent focus on racism, Todd Kane is deemed to have overstepped the line, giving Canos the perfect opportunity to put a complaint in.

They're not disputing Kane or Dickie's version of events in any way, but they've made a value judgement on the relative level of abuse in each case, and the effect its deemed to have on each player, and come to the conclusion that Todd Kane's is significantly more grievous than Sergi Canos' is.

I do absolutely agree that there is something of a mixed message being sent here -surely this would have been the perfect opportunity to send out an unequivocal message that abuse of opposing players and match officials of any sort in all contexts is completely unacceptable and will be punished heavily?

You do get the feeling that this is something of a political gesture, as Clive says, but as a player you have a responsibility to be aware of these minefields, and act accordingly.
Kane or Kakay on 17:34 - May 7 with 1385 viewsqueensparker

Kane or Kakay on 17:29 - May 7 by LongsufferingR

I'd have a large bet on Canos somehow reporting that he has an "injury" on the day of our home match against them next season.

His ego has never recovered from the "sht f-ckin haircut" song he used to get peppered with. He's plotted this revenge for a while.

I did notice he removed said sht haircut shortly after.

(Which was a good job as his haircut was, as sung, really f-cking sht).
Kane or Kakay on 17:34 - May 7 with 1381 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I have little sympathy for Kane. I'm delighted it wasn't a racist term of abuse but it was xenophobic abuse, it's unacceptable and that's what that particular rule is there for. He's guilty and has admitted it.

I have no problem with seven games so long as this is the new norm. We'll wait and see what the next Premier League superstar gets when he does it.

I am intrigued, though, as to why Dickie wasn't believed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kane or Kakay on 17:38 - May 7 with 1354 viewsNorthernr

Kane or Kakay on 17:33 - May 7 by E15Hoop

I think Clive's nailed this one as he usually does in these situations.

The FA have clearly decided that there is an "acceptable" level of abuse that goes in on games, but given the recent focus on racism, Todd Kane is deemed to have overstepped the line, giving Canos the perfect opportunity to put a complaint in.

They're not disputing Kane or Dickie's version of events in any way, but they've made a value judgement on the relative level of abuse in each case, and the effect its deemed to have on each player, and come to the conclusion that Todd Kane's is significantly more grievous than Sergi Canos' is.

I do absolutely agree that there is something of a mixed message being sent here -surely this would have been the perfect opportunity to send out an unequivocal message that abuse of opposing players and match officials of any sort in all contexts is completely unacceptable and will be punished heavily?

You do get the feeling that this is something of a political gesture, as Clive says, but as a player you have a responsibility to be aware of these minefields, and act accordingly.

Look they should both be banned, you can't say "ugly English cnt" is fine and "diving foreign cnt" isn't. You also can't just say we believe canos completely, but you two not so much. You just can't do that. It's nonsense. It's also ridiculous that Kane gets seven matches when Terry got four - that's incredible.

But wecan't effect that. The FA is useless, we know that. Canos is a dick, we know that. That's for them to deal with. We should focus on us.
Kane or Kakay on 17:38 - May 7 with 1348 viewsOldPedro

Kane or Kakay on 17:34 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I have little sympathy for Kane. I'm delighted it wasn't a racist term of abuse but it was xenophobic abuse, it's unacceptable and that's what that particular rule is there for. He's guilty and has admitted it.

I have no problem with seven games so long as this is the new norm. We'll wait and see what the next Premier League superstar gets when he does it.

I am intrigued, though, as to why Dickie wasn't believed.

It seems as seven games is the new norm if you admit an offence If you deny it, you get off.......

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024