Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There’s a platinum door - Preview 22:07 - Apr 19 with 2334 viewsNorthernr

There’s a platinum door - Preview 19th Apr 2021 21:56
QPR, ever ahead of the curve, head off into their own Super European League Teatime Spectacular on Tuesday evening with a trip into deepest Wales to face promotion chasing Swansea. 31

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 22:26 - Apr 19 with 2257 viewsqueensparker

Superb.

Definitely of the opinion that the “big boys” can f-k off and leave the rest of us to get on with it. It will be painful no doubt but football to me is watching a QPR team - great, average or awful - at the ground with my family and mates. The rest of it is noise. I haven’t watched a Champions League game for years.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 22:35 - Apr 19 with 2232 viewsOldPedro

Love the Frasier references

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 23:01 - Apr 19 with 2184 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb.

Link sent to non-Rangers friends. Deserves to be read by many, many people.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 23:53 - Apr 19 with 2055 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Excellent piece that paints a dark picture if the worse-case scenario plays out. However one thing I would point out is that if the TV revenue collapses then player wages will too. This is where clubs like QPR that have already moved towards more a sustainable model could benefit. Those clubs that handed out long contracts on big wages will suffer until such time those contracts expire (in a similar way that QPR struggled with £70million of Premier League contracts in the Championship).

What will be interesting to see is whether QPR adjust its ambition this summer. The board may be tempted to hold fire on a play-off push until the ESL situation plays out.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 08:45 - Apr 20 with 1715 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Very Good.

I enjoyed that

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 10:21 - Apr 20 with 1521 viewsdaveB

When this story broke there were 2 people I wanted to hear from. Gary Neville and our own Clive. Both have been outstanding.

Great work Clive
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 10:44 - Apr 20 with 1468 viewsdaveB

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 23:53 - Apr 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Excellent piece that paints a dark picture if the worse-case scenario plays out. However one thing I would point out is that if the TV revenue collapses then player wages will too. This is where clubs like QPR that have already moved towards more a sustainable model could benefit. Those clubs that handed out long contracts on big wages will suffer until such time those contracts expire (in a similar way that QPR struggled with £70million of Premier League contracts in the Championship).

What will be interesting to see is whether QPR adjust its ambition this summer. The board may be tempted to hold fire on a play-off push until the ESL situation plays out.

Dream scenario is this forces through more of a German model in England with fans given far more of a say, there would be hurt in the short term but long term the game would be far healthier.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 10:52 - Apr 20 with 1447 viewsEastR

Great write up Clive. So much of that echoes exactly how many of us feel about it, but could never hope to express in terms that are compelling, accurate and justifiably scathing.

The problem with money in football was nicely bookended in the past couple of days with this news and the sacking of Mourinho.

After his latest dismissal he will have received a reported £78m in career pay offs - all from clubs that are part of this proposal. That is not far short of the total amount it would take to sustain the whole of League 2 for a season.

Legacy football indeed.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 11:09 - Apr 20 with 1427 viewsE15Hoop

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 10:52 - Apr 20 by EastR

Great write up Clive. So much of that echoes exactly how many of us feel about it, but could never hope to express in terms that are compelling, accurate and justifiably scathing.

The problem with money in football was nicely bookended in the past couple of days with this news and the sacking of Mourinho.

After his latest dismissal he will have received a reported £78m in career pay offs - all from clubs that are part of this proposal. That is not far short of the total amount it would take to sustain the whole of League 2 for a season.

Legacy football indeed.

League 2 sponsored by the "Sleazy One" - there's a thought!🤣
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 13:23 - Apr 20 with 1199 viewstoboboly

Wonderfully written Clive. Whilst I agree that kicking them out will cause 20 years of pain and problems I can't see how keeping them in will do anything other than cause more pain and fatal destruction of clubs and football.

Fan owned clubs based on German model, no longer allowing debt to be put onto clubs or for loans/leverage against stadiums or training grounds. A cap on wages for all professional divisions, high enough to allow competition but not crazy enough to bankrupt clubs. I would also suggest a stop to foreign owners (how Xenophobic of me) as although home grown owners can be as bad they are less likely to be wrong uns if we chuck them in jail.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 15:28 - Apr 20 with 1038 viewscolinallcars

Great preview yet again !
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 16:09 - Apr 20 with 991 viewsPinnerPaul

Cheers Clive, not sure the 'foreign' tag to the rich owners is particularly relevant, there have been some pretty awful British owners and decent ones from overseas.

One more. minor point, the TV monies are not quite distributed evenly, the bigger clubs do get a bigger share as extra is paid per live TV appearance and also extra paid based on league position - bulk IS distributed evenly though, inc overseas rights, which has always been a particular bug bear of the 'big' 6.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 16:14 - Apr 20 with 976 viewsloftboy

This has been linked on the Ipswich and stokes message boards, everyone saying how great it is ( which it is) possibly one of your best pieces Clive.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 16:20 - Apr 20 with 967 viewsPinnerPaul

Sorry, very remiss of me not to say - yes an excellent piece.

As Clive sums up perfectly - does Leicester winning the league and this season pushing for the top 4, along with West Ham, REALLY make any difference to the 'top' 6, in the grand scheme of things - nope it doesn't.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 16:32 - Apr 20 with 960 viewsBklynRanger

Everything 'above the fold' deserves a wider audience. Great stuff.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 22:03 - Apr 20 with 667 viewsnix

It's a bit like when your boyfriend, who's been giving you the run around for years, and for whom you've been doing the pick me dance, finally waltzes off once too often with Cheryl from accounts, and you happily drop off his Joni Mitchell CD, Star Wars figures and Guernsey sweater round his mum's and breathe a huge sigh of relief. And then he rings you the next day asking if you've lost your marbles, and you just say, bye bye and block him from all social media....

Great article Clive.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 22:36 - Apr 20 with 606 viewsNoelmc

Fantastic piece Clive.

The quantity and quality of your output on this website is amazing, especially as you have to fit in a day job too.

It's much appreciated.
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 01:01 - Apr 21 with 523 viewsSydneyRs

Much more of this sort of thing and we might lose Clive to more lucrative pursuits!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 1:05]
There’s a platinum door - Preview on 01:04 - Apr 21 with 522 viewsSydneyRs

There’s a platinum door - Preview on 22:26 - Apr 19 by queensparker

Superb.

Definitely of the opinion that the “big boys” can f-k off and leave the rest of us to get on with it. It will be painful no doubt but football to me is watching a QPR team - great, average or awful - at the ground with my family and mates. The rest of it is noise. I haven’t watched a Champions League game for years.

Agreed, I find the champions league to be a massive bore a thon and also have completely lost interest in it. The only good thing in recent years was when a superb Ajax team nearly made the final, only for Spurs to fluke it and then predictably lose.

Sad thing was you knew that was the only chance for Ajax as the big boys would be in with the cheque books to break up the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024