Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right way round 23:36 - Apr 20 with 2174 viewskarl

Imagine if we'd started the season like this and fell away in the 2nd half to end up 8th

I have a feeling the names of the most common posters would be different
Right way round on 23:38 - Apr 20 with 2155 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who're you calling 'common'?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Right way round on 23:42 - Apr 20 with 2137 viewsBoston

Right way round on 23:38 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

But, your last name isn't Different.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Right way round on 23:47 - Apr 20 with 2116 viewskarl

Right way round on 23:38 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

We established on Saturday that you're responsible for 6 to 8 pages of match thread.
You're as common as they come!
Right way round on 23:49 - Apr 20 with 2103 viewseastside_r

Such talk is so last season.
Right way round on 06:49 - Apr 21 with 1972 viewsdistortR

i drink with a blackburn fan.....................................
Right way round on 07:00 - Apr 21 with 1946 viewsnix

Right way round on 06:49 - Apr 21 by distortR

i drink with a blackburn fan.....................................

How many pages of 'get him out' are there about Mowbray on their fans forum?
Right way round on 07:02 - Apr 21 with 1939 viewsdistortR

Right way round on 07:00 - Apr 21 by nix

How many pages of 'get him out' are there about Mowbray on their fans forum?

they are a trifle miffed!
Right way round on 07:07 - Apr 21 with 1930 viewsnix

Right way round on 07:02 - Apr 21 by distortR

they are a trifle miffed!

I can imagine...
Login to get fewer ads

Right way round on 07:28 - Apr 21 with 1867 viewsRs_Holy

imagine if we'd fluked a win against Barnsley?.... we'd be 3 points off the playoffs!
Right way round on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 1758 viewsJuzzie

It's all about perspective. This way around is seen the better of the two as the other way would be deemed a *pop* at losing out on a promotion challenge.
Right way round on 14:51 - Apr 21 with 1611 viewsessextaxiboy

All those penaltys and points we gave up at the start , we could have been contenders
Right way round on 16:32 - Apr 21 with 1548 viewsPinnerPaul

How about this for a (nonsense?) theory.

We've actually got better and better the less we have had to play for - ie the pressure is off.

We've all had our moments on here, "Kane can't cross a football"; "Dykes wouldn't get in my pub team" etc etc etc - but as was noted on a recent training ground video thread, the whole squad are very proficient footballers - obviously - they wouldn't be here otherwise.

At this level its about producing, under pressure - yes some teams do pack the holiday bags, but equally, like us, some start to play, when, it doesn't really matter.

Harsh, probably, and more than a few holes in that argument, but anyone, anyone at all, see where I'm going here?
Right way round on 16:36 - Apr 21 with 1540 viewsdaveB

This season is quite similar to a few in the late 80's and early 90's where we were mostly crap until Christmas then finished the season well.
Right way round on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 1493 viewsdaveB

Right way round on 16:32 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

We've actually got better and better the less we have had to play for - ie the pressure is off.

We've all had our moments on here, "Kane can't cross a football"; "Dykes wouldn't get in my pub team" etc etc etc - but as was noted on a recent training ground video thread, the whole squad are very proficient footballers - obviously - they wouldn't be here otherwise.

At this level its about producing, under pressure - yes some teams do pack the holiday bags, but equally, like us, some start to play, when, it doesn't really matter.

Harsh, probably, and more than a few holes in that argument, but anyone, anyone at all, see where I'm going here?

Can see what you mean but we've been playing well since January under a fair bit of pressure, it was only really by early March when we could say we were pretty much safe
Right way round on 18:03 - Apr 21 with 1446 viewsHantsR

Right way round on 18:21 - Apr 21 with 1431 viewsJuzzie

Right way round on 16:32 - Apr 21 by PinnerPaul

Yes.

I think its the same in that away wins have increased as there’s no volatile home crowd to get at them.

Or in West Ham’s case they’ve improved because they have no volatile home crowd to get at them.

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 19:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024