Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Message to You, Rooney 20:42 - Apr 21 with 1404 viewsBoston

Rotherham have just gone one up.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A Message to You, Rooney on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 1395 viewsBoston

eh, why did this pop up again? Maybe I was wishing too hard!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A Message to You, Rooney on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 1395 viewsaston_hoop

Again?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

A Message to You, Rooney on 20:46 - Apr 21 with 1373 viewsbosh67

Derby are definitely going to survive because of Rotherham can't play us every week.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A Message to You, Rooney on 21:04 - Apr 21 with 1315 viewsMiss_Terraces

A Message to You, Rooney on 20:46 - Apr 21 by bosh67

Derby are definitely going to survive because of Rotherham can't play us every week.

Wednesday are 4 points behind them

Last game of the season derby v Wednesday, it ain't over yet

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

A Message to You, Rooney on 12:45 - Apr 22 with 1069 viewsClive_Anderson

I know everyone predicted that Rooney would blow up like a balloon when he stopped playing, but it's only been about 6 months:

A Message to You, Rooney on 13:31 - Apr 22 with 971 viewsdaveB

Wycombe only 6 points behind now as well
A Message to You, Rooney on 13:38 - Apr 22 with 949 viewsthemodfather

sadly rotherham are not getting any advantage of "games in hand", maybe tiring now? we did our bit and lost up there.
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:14 - Apr 22 with 868 viewsfrancisbowles

A Message to You, Rooney on 13:38 - Apr 22 by themodfather

sadly rotherham are not getting any advantage of "games in hand", maybe tiring now? we did our bit and lost up there.

Done by an unfortunate sending off which was a clash of heads and not an elbow which the referee thought it was.
Login to get fewer ads

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:14 - Apr 22 with 867 viewsClive_Anderson

Do we all hate Derby now?

We totally fluked that win....they should be the ones hating us.
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:17 - Apr 22 with 853 viewsNorthernr

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:14 - Apr 22 by Clive_Anderson

Wayne Rooney getting relegated is funny.
Mel Morris, after all the tricks he's pulled and all that "ooooh Mel's got the Championship on strings" stuff their fans came out with when the going was good, getting relegated is funny.
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:28 - Apr 22 with 811 viewsParkRoyalR

No, we should leave that one to Fulham, who have good reason to, as Derby's fans on pitch derailed Fulham's promotion that year and set them on a downward spiral for a decade.

Although Frank Lampard doing the 'derby bounce' coincidentally very close to the Rangers away fans after a late winner the other season, stretched the goodwill felt after the generosity shown on Zamora Day.
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:31 - Apr 22 with 805 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hate the stadium selling, marquee manager signing, FFP busting owners, but sympathise with the put upon fans.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 14:31]
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:35 - Apr 22 with 789 viewsClive_Anderson

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:28 - Apr 22 by ParkRoyalR

No, we should leave that one to Fulham, who have good reason to, as Derby's fans on pitch derailed Fulham's promotion that year and set them on a downward spiral for a decade.

Although Frank Lampard doing the 'derby bounce' coincidentally very close to the Rangers away fans after a late winner the other season, stretched the goodwill felt after the generosity shown on Zamora Day.

Well I never knew about the Fulham game, it must have put them back about 20 years:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/that-1980s-sports-blog/2018/may/03/fulham-p

I had to laugh at this part though

"Their 38-page document was not enough to reverse the original decision, the Football League quoting regulation 19, which referred to their “absolute discretion”."
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:35 - Apr 22 with 786 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:17 - Apr 22 by Northernr

Wayne Rooney getting relegated is funny.
Mel Morris, after all the tricks he's pulled and all that "ooooh Mel's got the Championship on strings" stuff their fans came out with when the going was good, getting relegated is funny.

That's where I am, too. No hatred, just humour. Plus I like Rotherham as underdogs to Derby's FFP cheating.

It's end-of-season jinks in a Division devoid of any real vilians.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:37 - Apr 22 with 777 viewsClive_Anderson

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:31 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hate the stadium selling, marquee manager signing, FFP busting owners, but sympathise with the put upon fans.

Yeah I guess, but it hasn't really helped them.
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:49 - Apr 22 with 747 viewsNorthernr

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:31 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Indeed, but you should never talk about 'Derby fans' or 'QPR fans' as if it's one thing, because as we know we all think and feel and behave differently and often the team is the only thing we have in common.

A small but... While I must beware judging a support base by its social media output, because again ours is often moronic and completely out of step with the QPR fans on here or the ones I meet at matches and so on... The sale of the stadium to Morris was not only a disgrace, but also bad news for the football club. They should have been jumping up and down about that, protesting, objecting very forcefully. Lots of things Morris has done has set them back years, and were obviously very damaging at the time - that whole Paul Clement episode, and "the Derby way", the whole Keogh and Tom Lawrence episode, the various snidey ways he's come up with to continue ploughing yet more money into yet more footballers. Fans should have been up in arms. And yet throughout the vast majority of content you see coming out of the Derby fan base has been crowing about it all, taking the piss out of Boro for objecting to it, coming up with memes about "Melnomics" and "Mel's got the Championship on strings".

It's a similar thing with Coventry. Do I pity the died in the wool, generational Coventry fans seeing a hedge fund move their club all over the Midlands? Yes, absolutely. But I also remember when we were the first game at the Ricoh Arena writing a match preview that said this stadium would be the death of them. That moving out of a perfectly adequate city centre stadium they owned and weren't filling, into a terribly designed new ground in a dreadful location which cost them so much in rent they needed to get 18,000-odd fans at every home game (which they weren't doing and hadn't done for decades) just to break even, was a terrible idea. It was on the old Rivals site and the message board filled up for days with Coventry fans giving it grief, saying we were a shitty little club in a shitty little ground that Coventry were about to leave behind forever, that we were jealous of their new mega stadium, that nothing could possibly go wrong etc etc.

By and large fans are at the whim of whatever the rich bloke who owns their club wants to do, but it's important to be eyes up at all time, and call it out when you see something you don't like, not get lost in the tribalism of it all and blindly support whatever your club is doing and blindly attack anything any other club says about it. Saw Efan Ekouko Tweeting yesterday that back in the day there were Wimbledon fans telling other Wimbledon fans to "shut up and support your club" when those decisions were being made.

So yeh, sympathy with loads of Derby fans, of course, but for the "Mel's got the Championship on strings" brigade... fck them, I hope they have a lovely time away at Cambridge United next season.

This post has been edited by an administrator
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:56 - Apr 22 with 715 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:49 - Apr 22 by Northernr

Indeed, but you should never talk about 'Derby fans' or 'QPR fans' as if it's one thing, because as we know we all think and feel and behave differently and often the team is the only thing we have in common.

A small but... While I must beware judging a support base by its social media output, because again ours is often moronic and completely out of step with the QPR fans on here or the ones I meet at matches and so on... The sale of the stadium to Morris was not only a disgrace, but also bad news for the football club. They should have been jumping up and down about that, protesting, objecting very forcefully. Lots of things Morris has done has set them back years, and were obviously very damaging at the time - that whole Paul Clement episode, and "the Derby way", the whole Keogh and Tom Lawrence episode, the various snidey ways he's come up with to continue ploughing yet more money into yet more footballers. Fans should have been up in arms. And yet throughout the vast majority of content you see coming out of the Derby fan base has been crowing about it all, taking the piss out of Boro for objecting to it, coming up with memes about "Melnomics" and "Mel's got the Championship on strings".

It's a similar thing with Coventry. Do I pity the died in the wool, generational Coventry fans seeing a hedge fund move their club all over the Midlands? Yes, absolutely. But I also remember when we were the first game at the Ricoh Arena writing a match preview that said this stadium would be the death of them. That moving out of a perfectly adequate city centre stadium they owned and weren't filling, into a terribly designed new ground in a dreadful location which cost them so much in rent they needed to get 18,000-odd fans at every home game (which they weren't doing and hadn't done for decades) just to break even, was a terrible idea. It was on the old Rivals site and the message board filled up for days with Coventry fans giving it grief, saying we were a shitty little club in a shitty little ground that Coventry were about to leave behind forever, that we were jealous of their new mega stadium, that nothing could possibly go wrong etc etc.

By and large fans are at the whim of whatever the rich bloke who owns their club wants to do, but it's important to be eyes up at all time, and call it out when you see something you don't like, not get lost in the tribalism of it all and blindly support whatever your club is doing and blindly attack anything any other club says about it. Saw Efan Ekouko Tweeting yesterday that back in the day there were Wimbledon fans telling other Wimbledon fans to "shut up and support your club" when those decisions were being made.

So yeh, sympathy with loads of Derby fans, of course, but for the "Mel's got the Championship on strings" brigade... fck them, I hope they have a lovely time away at Cambridge United next season.

True.

A tangle in League One ain’t going to hurt anyone and I was highly amused when Leeds indulged it recently, but I’d hate to see any fans lose their club or stadium, even the knobhead ones, and let’s be honest after this week you can’t put anything past any of the fckers.

Also wasn’t so long that we (me included) were giving it the biggun during the Loadsamoney era. I am certain some schadenfreude was felt when we fell spectacularly out of the Prem twice.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 14:58]
A Message to You, Rooney on 14:59 - Apr 22 with 696 viewsNorthernr

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:56 - Apr 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

True.

A tangle in League One ain’t going to hurt anyone and I was highly amused when Leeds indulged it recently, but I’d hate to see any fans lose their club or stadium, even the knobhead ones, and let’s be honest after this week you can’t put anything past any of the fckers.

Also wasn’t so long that we (me included) were giving it the biggun during the Loadsamoney era. I am certain some schadenfreude was felt when we fell spectacularly out of the Prem twice.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 14:58]

Yep same, I cringe when I look back at some of the things I thought and said back then, probably that experience why I think and feel the way I do about this now.
A Message to You, Rooney on 15:04 - Apr 22 with 674 viewstonyQPR

A Message to You, Rooney on 14:49 - Apr 22 by Northernr

Couldn’t you of chosen a shittier place than Cambridge it’s a cracking day out on the pissssss maybe mk dons would’ve been much more appropriate 😊
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024