Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley Excluded from Bench? 20:03 - Apr 24 with 7155 viewsextratimeR

Am I understanding Warbs correctly?

He sort of intimated that they had words yesterday, ( I might have misunderstood his comments, so apologies if I am wrong) but I am wondering if Lumley said " why are you playing an injured player ahead of me?"

A reasonable point after what happened to Lumley when he was seriously injured at Aston Villa a year or so ago,band played on.

We know what happened afterwards.

Surely thinking about Facial/Head injuries has changed?

I thought Lumley was excellent at Middlesbrough and Swansea , but would still have Senny as first choice, but would have rested him today, to allow full recovery, ( and to hide him from Arsenal).
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 4911 viewsHAYESBOY

I took that the same way.

Seems he doesn't take any sh1t from the players, as per Kane's absence from the team.

Although as you state, I have sympathy with Lumley.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:10 - Apr 24 with 4900 viewsdavman

To be honest, it felt like a defining decision. In my opinion, Joe has played well enough in the last couple of games to keep the shirt, but if he isn't going to be here next season, then there is a justification of leaving him out.

As I have said before, someone is going to get an exceptional 'keeper on a free this summer. He had a rocky 6 months or so, but someone is going to reap the benefit of him having that experience with us...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 20:50 - Apr 24 with 4699 viewsextratimeR

Yes, fair point, I guess I forgot by now it's a pure transfer out, season over situation.

Weird next season if they are both gone.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 07:18 - Apr 25 with 4110 viewsNorthantsHoop

Seny is a great keeper and has had a fantastic season, but I was perplexed at the decision to play him yesterday in that mask. I thought he looked a bit out of sorts. Joe should have played, he has had 2 great outings in the last 2 games and deserved another game.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 07:51 - Apr 25 with 4004 viewsgazza1

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 07:18 - Apr 25 by NorthantsHoop

Seny is a great keeper and has had a fantastic season, but I was perplexed at the decision to play him yesterday in that mask. I thought he looked a bit out of sorts. Joe should have played, he has had 2 great outings in the last 2 games and deserved another game.

There is not a right or wrong decision as to who to pick.......he chose Seny and I don't have a problem with that despite Lumley playing well in the last couple of matches. Likewise I would not have been against Lumley being selected ahead of Seny.

I would suggest, though, that Lumley did have an issue with MW's choice and had his say.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 08:57 - Apr 25 with 3821 viewsbosh67

I would have played Lumley yesterday given that the mask seemed to impair Seny's game. It's a broken nose. It doesn't get better in a week. The gaffer's say is ultimately it but I think I would have been a bit p*ssed if I was Lumley.

Seny may well have spilled that first goal anyway but when I broke my nose and jaw some time ago and had to where a mask I spent the whole time tripping up and dropping things. And I'm not a top goalkeeper.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 09:26 - Apr 25 with 3736 viewsqpr1976

It could just be he doesn’t want to pick anyone who won’t commit to the club. ie. sign a new contract. We’ve see that before with Manning.
Maybe Joe decided since Swansea to chance his arm elsewhere ?
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:18 - Apr 25 with 3585 viewsCFW

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 07:18 - Apr 25 by NorthantsHoop

Have to agree - Senny has been fantastic for us but during the past five matches he has not been quite so good. Unfortunate to get the busted hooter but when Joe was called upon to step up following the red card he has done a fantastic job. I don't blame him for getting a monk on when told he was not playing yesterday and not sure MW made the right decision. Also when he has been on the bench he has been so supportive of the team, celebrating with the boys when scoring and winning games.
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:38 - Apr 25 with 3529 viewsqprphil

Wrong choice, never 100% fit. It's bad enough wearing a mask as an outfield player....
Joe should have been in goal imo.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:46 - Apr 25 with 3502 viewsdistortR

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 08:57 - Apr 25 by bosh67

I would have played Lumley yesterday given that the mask seemed to impair Seny's game. It's a broken nose. It doesn't get better in a week. The gaffer's say is ultimately it but I think I would have been a bit p*ssed if I was Lumley.

Seny may well have spilled that first goal anyway but when I broke my nose and jaw some time ago and had to where a mask I spent the whole time tripping up and dropping things. And I'm not a top goalkeeper.

ah, but were you tripping over and dropping things precisely because you are not a top goalkeeper? strawman argument

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:58 - Apr 25 with 3463 viewspaulhoop2

Where were these comments ?? Anyone got the actual quote from warbs?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 11:10 - Apr 25 with 3434 viewsNed_Kennedys

Absolutely the right choice to put Dieng back in: Lumley only played out of necessity in the last few games and will not be here next season as he hasn’t signed the contract he was offered. Right decision to put the young keeper on the bench too.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 11:40 - Apr 25 with 3370 viewshertshoops

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 10:58 - Apr 25 by paulhoop2

Where were these comments ?? Anyone got the actual quote from warbs?

Warbs' post match interview
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 11:47 - Apr 25 with 3345 viewsqprphil

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 11:10 - Apr 25 by Ned_Kennedys

Absolutely the right choice to put Dieng back in: Lumley only played out of necessity in the last few games and will not be here next season as he hasn’t signed the contract he was offered. Right decision to put the young keeper on the bench too.

Personally I'd have accepted the young keeper playing instead of Dieng. Dieng never should have started. I understand about Lumley, and agree with you on that point.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 11:57 - Apr 25 with 3315 viewsSharpy36

If Lumley has refused to sign a contract then MW was right in his decision. We only have to cast our minds back to Manning and BOS and how they acted when we were going through a tough period this season and at a time when cover for thier position was in short supply.
Fast forward to where we are now and MW clearly intends not to see players have the upper hand off and on the pitch, and rightly soo.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 12:02 - Apr 25 with 3298 viewsMaggsinho

We’ve been so careful at managing the fitness of players this season I’d be surprised if they threw Dieng back in if they weren’t sure he was ready, he was even benched after coming back from international duty so they’ve been prepared not to play him when necessary.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 14:56 - Apr 25 with 2975 viewspaulparker

Fair play to lumley he has done well the last few games he has played and deserved to start yesterday , but let’s be honest he was woeful last year and probably cost us 10/12 points and he is now out of contract and probably out the door in the summer
It’s a shame as he is a Rangers lad and it started well for him , I can see a few league one or two teams picking him up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 15:01 - Apr 25 with 2955 viewsOldPedro

I would guess that Lumley wants to be the main keeper next season and I doubt we can give him that (unless we sell Dieng). He is good enough to be the main keeper in League 1 and there may be some other Championship teams willing to take him too.

He (or his agent) must think he can get more money elsewhere or he would already have accepted a new contract with us.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 21:29 - Apr 25 with 2496 viewsMyke

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 14:56 - Apr 25 by paulparker

Fair play to lumley he has done well the last few games he has played and deserved to start yesterday , but let’s be honest he was woeful last year and probably cost us 10/12 points and he is now out of contract and probably out the door in the summer
It’s a shame as he is a Rangers lad and it started well for him , I can see a few league one or two teams picking him up

League one or league two - what a joke. Lumley will be playing Championship football next season - it's is just a question of who for.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 22:09 - Apr 25 with 2409 viewspaulparker

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 21:29 - Apr 25 by Myke

League one or league two - what a joke. Lumley will be playing Championship football next season - it's is just a question of who for.

Yeah ok

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 23:23 - Apr 25 with 2310 viewskensalriser

I think Lumley will turn out to be a decent keeper at Champ level.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 01:50 - Apr 26 with 2204 viewsSydneyRs

If you have to wear a mask to protect a facial injury you are far from 100%.

Nothing riding on the game, Lumley available and in form. I'd be angry too if I was him.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 06:58 - Apr 26 with 2085 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 21:29 - Apr 25 by Myke

He’d be very lucky to get employment as a 1st choice at another Championship club, 2nd choice perhaps. Should be picked up for League One or Scottish Prem perhaps.
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 07:42 - Apr 26 with 2025 viewsnix

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 06:58 - Apr 26 by Ned_Kennedys

He’d be very lucky to get employment as a 1st choice at another Championship club, 2nd choice perhaps. Should be picked up for League One or Scottish Prem perhaps.

That's why I'm a bit confused about not signing a new contract. I can understand him wanting to be first choice somewhere but I can't really believe that someone is going to offer him more than we have for being a second choice goalie. Hopefully for him he's found a club that will take him on as the first choice, but if not I wouldn't have thought he'd be offered high wages????
Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 08:46 - Apr 26 with 1900 viewsCamberleyR

Lumley Excluded from Bench? on 07:42 - Apr 26 by nix

That's why I'm a bit confused about not signing a new contract. I can understand him wanting to be first choice somewhere but I can't really believe that someone is going to offer him more than we have for being a second choice goalie. Hopefully for him he's found a club that will take him on as the first choice, but if not I wouldn't have thought he'd be offered high wages????

" I can't really believe that someone is going to offer him more than we have for being a second choice goalie"

And given the economic picture generally below the Championship, I wager there won't be many if any L1 clubs that would match or better what we pay him currently, free transfer or not.

If I were him, I would sign a new deal and bide my time for a year, frustrating as that may be, and wait until Dieng inevitably leaves in the summer of 2022.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 8:48]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024