Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enough Is Enough 22:32 - Apr 24 with 10789 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent idea.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Enough Is Enough on 22:51 - Apr 24 with 4843 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Who needs Legacy fans?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Enough Is Enough on 23:13 - Apr 24 with 4783 viewsRanger_Things

Perhaps well intended but one weekend won't make a jot of difference.
Enough Is Enough on 23:19 - Apr 24 with 4763 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enough Is Enough on 23:13 - Apr 24 by Ranger_Things

Perhaps well intended but one weekend won't make a jot of difference.

I'm not sure, Ranger.

I know it's nothing much in the grand scale of things - and I'm not sure I like that its timing is a handy distraction from the ESL aftermath - but there's nothing like a boycott to make companies feel remorse in the very bottom of their wallets.

It's worth a go anyway.

Enough Is Enough on 23:21 - Apr 24 with 4750 viewsextratimeR

Excellent idea, it might only be a week, but that's amended their budgets to 51 weeks not 52

Now let's try two weeks........
Enough Is Enough on 01:29 - Apr 25 with 4560 viewsBoston

So, a message, via social media, not to use social media, is going to show 'em, eh?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Enough Is Enough on 01:44 - Apr 25 with 4544 viewsozexile

I don't understand this protest?
Enough Is Enough on 08:38 - Apr 25 with 4318 viewsgigiisourgod

Delighted. I find 99% of what they tweet cringe, pathetic and likely to come back and bite us in the arse. I hope they extend their silence.
Enough Is Enough on 09:44 - Apr 25 with 4220 viewsrobith

Enough Is Enough on 01:44 - Apr 25 by ozexile

I don't understand this protest?

There are large amounts of T&Cs on social sites banning hate speech etc, but when push comes to shove, said sites are very lacklustre at enforcing them - it's near impossible to report a tweet and get any action. But post a copyrighted video and they'll have your account gone in minutes.

If you're a black footballer, whose popularity is essentially creating revenue for said company who then do nothing while your mentions fill up with the vilest racial abuse.
Login to get fewer ads

Enough Is Enough on 10:55 - Apr 25 with 4126 viewsW6R

They used to say stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

These £100,000 a week luvvies want to man up and just ignore them, just like I will ignore all the LFW wokes who come back to me on this post

Stop virtue signalling get a life and don’t go on Twitter FFS
Enough Is Enough on 11:25 - Apr 25 with 4101 viewsloftupper

Enough Is Enough on 10:55 - Apr 25 by W6R

They used to say stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

These £100,000 a week luvvies want to man up and just ignore them, just like I will ignore all the LFW wokes who come back to me on this post

Surely this goes deeper than the highly paid footballers you mention. People should be able to use social media without facing the toxic abuse that is currently rife.

Social media platforms just want traffic, at present they are not overly concerned what that traffic is and that is what needs to change.
Enough Is Enough on 11:28 - Apr 25 with 4090 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enough Is Enough on 11:25 - Apr 25 by loftupper

Surely this goes deeper than the highly paid footballers you mention. People should be able to use social media without facing the toxic abuse that is currently rife.

Social media platforms just want traffic, at present they are not overly concerned what that traffic is and that is what needs to change.

This isn't just about footballers, or even just about racism.

Some of our own fans, such as Clive, Finney, Flo, David Fraser are all copping appalling grief, some of it almost certainly criminal, and the social media platforms are doing nothing to stop it.

The boycott is to help people, no matter what they do for a living.

Enough Is Enough on 11:49 - Apr 25 with 4038 viewsQPR_John

You will not get abuse on social media if you do not use it. It is that simple. Let those that hide behind a keyboard talk to and possibly abuse each other. The rest of civilisation can get on with life.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 11:50]
Enough Is Enough on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 4015 viewsMaggsinho

Enough Is Enough on 11:49 - Apr 25 by QPR_John

You will not get abuse on social media if you do not use it. It is that simple. Let those that hide behind a keyboard talk to and possibly abuse each other. The rest of civilisation can get on with life.

Why should people leave social media for being abused though? It’s the cowards and bullies perpetuating the abuse who should leave.

If someone here started abusing you on here they would soon get banned, no one would be saying it’s your fault for being on Loft For Words in the first place.
Enough Is Enough on 12:13 - Apr 25 with 3983 viewsBrianMcCarthy

John,

That's true for me and you, maybe. But some people rely on social media for a living. many of my friends are journos and coaches and they get their referrals through social media.

Enough Is Enough on 12:14 - Apr 25 with 3965 viewsW6R

Spot on
Enough Is Enough on 12:17 - Apr 25 with 3944 viewsnix

Enough Is Enough on 10:55 - Apr 25 by W6R

Except that that saying is the biggest load of gaslighting crap ever.

Which is why bullying and emotional abuse are a massive factor in depression and anxiety.

But I'm not saying this for you cos you're not listening. Just for anyone who might be feeling a bit rubbish and blaming themselves for it.

I applaud the sentiment. Maybe we can't influence the social media giants to change their policy overnight but that's never a reason not to try or to make some kind of stand.
Enough Is Enough on 12:19 - Apr 25 with 3942 viewsW6R

Enough Is Enough on 11:59 - Apr 25 by Maggsinho

Why should people leave social media for being abused though? It’s the cowards and bullies perpetuating the abuse who should leave.

If someone here started abusing you on here they would soon get banned, no one would be saying it’s your fault for being on Loft For Words in the first place.

Sticks and stones break bones, social media does not.
Enough Is Enough on 12:20 - Apr 25 with 3941 viewsMaggsinho

Enough Is Enough on 12:19 - Apr 25 by W6R

I thought you weren’t listening to ‘wokes’?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 12:23]
Enough Is Enough on 12:26 - Apr 25 with 3903 viewsnix

Nope, they don't break bones. But they can break people. Because we're more than just bodies.

If cruel words and bullying really wouldn't bother you, then you should be very grateful. Not everyone has that resilience, which is due to a lot of factors, your peer group, your upbringing and parental support, mentors you've had, your genetic make up, environmental factors, your ethnicity, adverse childhood experiences etc, etc. It's not because you don't try hard enough.
Enough Is Enough on 12:54 - Apr 25 with 3862 viewsterryb

Broken bones heal, broken minds don't.
Enough Is Enough on 12:55 - Apr 25 with 3859 viewsozexile

Enough Is Enough on 09:44 - Apr 25 by robith

There are large amounts of T&Cs on social sites banning hate speech etc, but when push comes to shove, said sites are very lacklustre at enforcing them - it's near impossible to report a tweet and get any action. But post a copyrighted video and they'll have your account gone in minutes.

If you're a black footballer, whose popularity is essentially creating revenue for said company who then do nothing while your mentions fill up with the vilest racial abuse.

But social media isn't the problem it's the people using social media to abuse people.
Enough Is Enough on 12:56 - Apr 25 with 3853 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enough Is Enough on 12:55 - Apr 25 by ozexile

But social media isn't the problem it's the people using social media to abuse people.

Fair point.

Both are a problem, so if the former starts banning the latter the problems will be sorted.

Enough Is Enough on 13:00 - Apr 25 with 3830 viewsMedwayR

I understand why football clubs have facebook, twitter etc but I don't think they should anymore. These social media platforms have shown that they have no interest in protecting people & players from abuse so as a club we shouldn't use them, we can communicate with fans through the club website.

The way I see it is, if Lee Hoos was going around the local area trying to promote the club and encourage people to attend games, buy merchandise etc and he walked into a pub where the customers were all National Front racists, I wouldn't expect Lee Hoos to keep going back to that pub to promote the club. Twitter in particular seems to be the National front pub of social media so we should stop using it, it can't be that big a benefit to the club.

Poll: Who’s better?

Enough Is Enough on 13:01 - Apr 25 with 3825 viewsozexile

Enough Is Enough on 12:56 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point.

Both are a problem, so if the former starts banning the latter the problems will be sorted.

Well to be fair I don't agree. I've had a Twitter account and FB account for years and never felt the need to abuse people. Surely personal responsibility has to come in somewhere?
Enough Is Enough on 13:13 - Apr 25 with 3798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enough Is Enough on 13:01 - Apr 25 by ozexile

Well to be fair I don't agree. I've had a Twitter account and FB account for years and never felt the need to abuse people. Surely personal responsibility has to come in somewhere?

Yes, of course oz, I agree completely.

But, as in other walks of life, if people fail to be personally responsible there has to be consequences. There can't be a carte blanche.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024