Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen 10:18 - Apr 28 with 7367 viewsCamberleyR

Looking at when Johansen signed initially for Fulham and when he signed a new contract for them in 2019, I remain hopeful that he isn't on the sort of wage that many people think he is.

He signed a four year deal in summer 2016 when Fulham were in the Championship, admittedly they were receiving a second year of reducing parachute payments after relegation in 2013/14.

He signed for Fulham from Celtic who had signed him from Norway so he probably wasn't on massive money at Celtic although you'd think he would have increased his salary slightly signing for Fulham. He signed a new contract in summer 2019 after Fulham got promoted which expires 2022.

So for argument's sake let's say his deal at Celtic in 2014 as a then current Norway international was £6-7k a week? He signs for Fulham in the second year of parachute payments who you'd think would be trying to trim back the wage bill and not massively spend so let's say he doubles his wage signing for Fulham so £14k a week.

He signs his new Fulham deal in summer 2019 after relegation from the PL (although he'd been playing the second half of that season playing for West Brom on loan in the Champ). Fulham in receipt of a first year parachute payment of £40m although again you'd think they were being sensible with wages. New deal between £20-25k a week?

Is this being overly optimistic? Parker (if he remains manager) seems to like him as he played regularly last season so he may be offered a new deal in the summer if they are playing Championship football as seems likely. He's 30 now so his next contract will likely be his last one.

So let's assume he's on £25k per week currently, if we did sign him, do we commit £4.5-5m over three years (with nominal transfer fee + wages) to someone we wouldn't get anything back on? Personally, I think a Field/Johansen midfield pairing would potentially be our best pairing since Derry and Faurlin in the promotion season

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Johansen on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 3440 viewsdaveB

should be pointed out Nick London did a Q&A with Norwegian R's on youtube recently about all things QPR and he suggested that the wages offered now by QPR were 5/6k a week with incentives based on league position so if that is true we are nowhere near being able to pay for these kind of players
Johansen on 10:26 - Apr 28 with 3415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Johansen on 10:24 - Apr 28 by daveB

should be pointed out Nick London did a Q&A with Norwegian R's on youtube recently about all things QPR and he suggested that the wages offered now by QPR were 5/6k a week with incentives based on league position so if that is true we are nowhere near being able to pay for these kind of players

I had heard that before somewhere, Dave, but couldn't find a source.

Good to have it confirmed. Thanks.

Can't see us getting close to signing JoJo unfortunately.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Johansen on 10:35 - Apr 28 with 3380 viewsBklynRanger

With Konk's Red Trouser Brigade coming back down I'm just going to assume we're not signing him, sadly.

If by some chance he does it'll be great of course, but I'll be more interested in how we're getting on scouting out an alternative.
Johansen on 10:44 - Apr 28 with 3340 viewsCamberleyR

So if we're paying well below £10k a week are we even likely to sign Field? He's surely got to be on over £10k p/w at West Brom?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Johansen on 10:45 - Apr 28 with 3336 viewsTacticalR

Could we crowdfund this?

Air hostess clique

Johansen on 10:48 - Apr 28 with 3298 viewsRs_Holy

Johansen on 10:35 - Apr 28 by BklynRanger

With Konk's Red Trouser Brigade coming back down I'm just going to assume we're not signing him, sadly.

If by some chance he does it'll be great of course, but I'll be more interested in how we're getting on scouting out an alternative.

They are not down yet!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 10:50]
Johansen on 10:51 - Apr 28 with 3266 viewsgazza1

It will be money that decides....I have no idea what he is currently getting and I have no idea what QPR are willing to pay him. There may be a little signing on fee involved as well.

Money is it basically.
Johansen on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 3259 viewsbosh67

I think he wouldn't be too keen to play for Fulham having been pushed out after helping them win promotion. It depends what we could offer and apparently his family are very settled in London. However, and I hate to say this, but if Brentford don't go up and they want a senior midfielder they would be able to pay a lot more than us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Johansen on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 3241 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's also a transfer fee with JoJo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Johansen on 11:48 - Apr 28 with 3123 viewsdmm

It will depend somewhat on our formation but I can see our central midfield next season consisting of Sam Field, Luke Amos, Dominic Ball, Faysal Bettache and either a new signing or Tom Carroll.
Johansen on 11:51 - Apr 28 with 3106 viewsBklynRanger

Johansen on 10:48 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

They are not down yet!

True but they don't really look like avoiding it. Would be a nice start if they can pull out a win against the Scumford Bridge Superleaguers on Saturday.
Johansen on 12:12 - Apr 28 with 3044 viewsChrisNW6

He should be our number 1 target during the summer. Undisclosed fee on a 3yr deal on 10k a week. Would be fantastic business.
Johansen on 12:13 - Apr 28 with 3040 viewsWestbourneR

I'd throw the kitchen sink at it, he's been the difference. Not sure he's replaceable.

Dykes blossoming has made Chaz leaving less of a hammer blow.

But I do just feel our squad and team are so much stronger with the two of them in it and if we ever want to go up we're going to have to make room in the budget for a couple of exceptional talents & leaders.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Johansen on 12:17 - Apr 28 with 3014 viewsAntti_Heinola

Johansen on 10:48 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

They are not down yet!

They are.

although I don't quite get the logic of Fulham wanting to keep him next season. Are the about to lose two or three outstanding midfielders from their team he'll have to step in to replace?

Field came through the Albion youths. Can't believe he's on a big whack.

Bare bones.

Johansen on 12:23 - Apr 28 with 2992 viewsPhilmyRs

Johansen on 12:13 - Apr 28 by WestbourneR

I'd throw the kitchen sink at it, he's been the difference. Not sure he's replaceable.

Dykes blossoming has made Chaz leaving less of a hammer blow.

But I do just feel our squad and team are so much stronger with the two of them in it and if we ever want to go up we're going to have to make room in the budget for a couple of exceptional talents & leaders.

Sort of agree, they make a huge difference.

Would you entertain losing one of, or both, Chair and Dieng to finance a return for Johansen and a striker, possibly Austin? Everything in my head say's that's going against the philosophy we're trying to put in place as they have zero sell on value but they seem to be so good for the Team. Johansen is just on a different level and brings others up to it.

If we were ever going to take a gamble to get to the Premier League, next season feels like the one to target given the Teams that have gone up and those on the way down. Johansen, a striker, Field and a Cameron replacement - possibly the Hull lad - and a wing back, I'd bet big on us making the play-offs.
Johansen on 12:28 - Apr 28 with 2960 viewsLowerloftLad

i wouldn't want to sell chair or deing to fund 30 year olds even if they have been very good

chair and deny will be our bread and butter players next season and will make us money in the next 12/18month time

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Johansen on 12:56 - Apr 28 with 2863 viewsMyke

Johansen on 12:17 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

They are.

although I don't quite get the logic of Fulham wanting to keep him next season. Are the about to lose two or three outstanding midfielders from their team he'll have to step in to replace?

Yes Loftus-Cheek and Lemina
Johansen on 13:45 - Apr 28 with 2759 viewsDavieQPR

If you go by Transfermarket website he is on £12,500k a week which I reckon is not far off.
Johansen on 13:48 - Apr 28 with 2746 viewsdaveB

Johansen on 12:17 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

They are.

Most of their midfielders are on loan
Johansen on 14:18 - Apr 28 with 2629 viewsWestbourneR

I'd let Chair go to keep Johansen. I feel he might have hit the ceiling of his development, very one sided and lacks real pace or incision. It'd be a real shame but he is replaceable - Thomas & Willock. I'm not sure Johansen is replaceable at our level.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Johansen on 14:55 - Apr 28 with 2539 viewsBklynRanger

Johansen on 14:18 - Apr 28 by WestbourneR

I'd let Chair go to keep Johansen. I feel he might have hit the ceiling of his development, very one sided and lacks real pace or incision. It'd be a real shame but he is replaceable - Thomas & Willock. I'm not sure Johansen is replaceable at our level.

That's some radical afternoon thinking WB!...

From some of the stuff I've seen from Chair in recent weeks I've actually been looking forward to see how things go next season. That team would be weaker without him imho, even with Johansen and the others - you'd be giving up an asset - just can't see it being the right move, good as the Norwegian bloke is.
Johansen on 15:06 - Apr 28 with 2504 viewsAntti_Heinola

Johansen on 14:18 - Apr 28 by WestbourneR

Not you that said it, but it's been an amazing 3 month journey from 'legs have gone, dreadful for Norway, hasn't played in months' to 'irreplacebale at this level.' (no one's irreplaceable, come on).

chair's a few months into a 5 year deal and isn't going anywhere, and even if we did sell i'm not sure that means we'd break our structure to get Johansen, who Fulham may not even want to sell.

I also think Chair is just going to get better. there's loads he can improve on. Long way from his ceiling imo - just genera experience will see him making better decisions. His work rate and movement and ability to find a yard of space his second to none in our team.

Bare bones.

Johansen on 15:09 - Apr 28 with 2496 viewsPBLOCK

Would love Johansen to sign

Always rated him and makes you realise how important a good Centre midfielder is, he’s been excellent. Probably the best we’ve had since Faurlin.

But again like Austin if he is available we won’t be the only club interested and others can probably offer better money
Johansen on 15:25 - Apr 28 with 2464 viewsMaggsinho

Of course one thing the signing of Johansen shows - whether we get him back next season or not - is that the club and our scouts are identifying players who can improve the team. If we don't sign Johansen I suspect we'll get another midfielder we haven't thought of instead.
Johansen on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 2462 viewsTacticalR

On this week's QPR Podcast Richard Langley was asked who is our big summer sale this year, and he said not Chair as he is still developing.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024