Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? 21:19 - Apr 28 with 6117 viewsNoDiddley

Just watching Champions league Citeh game, they mentioned Kyle Walker’s pace & I must say he’s the quickest thing I’ve seen in a QPR shirt.
I remember away v Pompey November 2010 the 1-1 penalty game, he was out of position & John Utaka was away, Walker turned on the burners caught him up & regained possession, quickest thing I’ve seen on a football field. Des Walker was quick perhaps it’s the name?
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 08:19 - Apr 29 with 1466 viewsOakR

Wasn't Dominic Iorfa meant to be near 100M speed? He was certainly fast! and Paul Parker seemed to have incredible recovery speed.

Non-QPR there was a Villa player, was it Tony Daley who was pretty quick.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 08:22 - Apr 29 with 1462 viewsQPR_Jim

Doudou was fairly rapid.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 08:37 - Apr 29 with 1420 viewsgingerranger

I always thought Danny Shittu was really fast. There were a few times when a striker went clean through and the opposing fans would get very excited. But I would just sit all calm and serene, safe in the knowledge that Danny would catch up. Unfortunately that wasn’t true at the Millennium stadium though.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 08:41 - Apr 29 with 1416 viewsMetallica_Hoop

SWP against us in that Citeh game was pretty f'kin rapido.

I was kicking the wall in front moaning about the shit lino when I think it turns out (as I recall) he wasn't offside just that bloody quick.

(Sorry Lino!)
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 8:42]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 09:05 - Apr 29 with 1379 viewsfrancisbowles

Wayne Fereday. He's still fast these days. Should've seen him move when delivering out furniture last summer!

Ned and Bos were very quick as well.

Dickie has to be the slowest player I have seen.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 09:07 - Apr 29 with 1377 viewsMrSheen

For pure acceleration...I saw Raheem Sterling playing for Liverpool at Fulham in their near-miss season. From a standing start, blink and you'd miss him. I was also lucky enough to see Romario's Barcelona debut on holiday in about 1993. Again, he would spend most of the game strolling around, but could get 5m clear of a defender in 15m when the ball was played into a space.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 09:10 - Apr 29 with 1367 viewsLondon_Pride

For the old timers - Barry Bridges
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 09:16 - Apr 29 with 1364 viewsCamberleyR

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:46 - Apr 28 by Tonto

Fereday for me too.

I know Witter was a junior sprinter and won some competition on ITV but I never saw him play. He wasn't exactly a regular...
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 21:47]

You would have had to have been at Villa Park on the opening day of the 93/94 season to see Tony Witter in a (black) QPR shirt. I was there that day and we lost 4-1. He was deputising for Macca. He never played again for us but went on to have a few years playing for Millwall before dropping down the leagues.

I think it was John Williams (ex postie, then of Swansea later of Coventry) who actually won the sprinting competition.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 09:49 - Apr 29 with 1311 viewsbosh67

Wayne Fereday has extraordinary pace. I was lucky enough to be pitch side for a game he played in as a photographer (a hobby) and he left defenders for dust. I believe he's still the fastest player ever clocked by the club and someone said to me recently that he was quicker than Gareth Bale in his heyday, which I can believe. Wayne didn't always take the ball with him as it often couldn't keep up!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 10:06 - Apr 29 with 1284 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wayne Fereday
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 10:21 - Apr 29 with 1257 viewsLazyFan

Paul Parker seemed to be faster than Des Walker. I cannot remember him being beaten for pace.

When Palace came up with Wright and Bright we had Macca to combat Bright and Parker took care of Wright.

The Palace fans thought they had an untouchable attack, they were shell shocked when we beat them 2-0 in the first game of the season. They thought we were a little shitty QPR and would beat us easy, not realising the talent we had in Parker.

zzzzzzzzzz

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 10:23 - Apr 29 with 1256 viewsLazyFan

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 05:13 - Apr 29 by superhoopdownunder

I'd say Wayne Fereday too

Less sure about our slowest player - we've had a lot of those....

Mark Hatley was the slowest I have ever seen. Was unable to even jog so, forget running even for a few yards.

zzzzzzzzzz

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 10:25 - Apr 29 with 1252 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fereday for me too. I’m sure I read something that said Wayne could run 100 meters at such a rate, he’d have qualified for the 1984 Summer Olympics.

When it comes to speed, Les was bloody quick off the mark and could put a bit of daylight between him and the oppo over a short distance. I wouldn’t fancy my chances against Paul Parker over 100 meters either.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 13:08 - Apr 29 with 1134 viewsAntti_Heinola

Les was pretty rapid, but Fereday / Bright for me.

Bare bones.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 13:15 - Apr 29 with 1126 viewsthompsonridd

Richard Keogh
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 13:21 - Apr 29 with 1111 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Josh Bowler was quick. I saw him for half an hour at Carrow Rd then never again.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 13:34 - Apr 29 with 1084 viewsHAYESBOY

Kyle Walker.

Remember a game vs Millwall and he sprinted the entire length of the pitch after we had a corner to catch Morison who was at least 40 yards away. He got there and saved a certain goal.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 14:52 - Apr 29 with 1017 viewsHantsR

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 13:34 - Apr 29 by HAYESBOY

Kyle Walker.

Remember a game vs Millwall and he sprinted the entire length of the pitch after we had a corner to catch Morison who was at least 40 yards away. He got there and saved a certain goal.

Yes, I remember him doing that. I think he was also on the opposite wing at the time?

Barry Bridges had a bit of pace but I don't think we managed to exploit it much?
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:01 - Apr 29 with 1008 viewsParkRoyalR

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 13:34 - Apr 29 by HAYESBOY

Kyle Walker.

I used to enjoy Kyle Walker giving his man a 10 or 15 yard start, would gauge their pace in first few minutes and then position himself on basis how many yards he could give his man and still catch him up and tackle

Reckon Adama Traore is quickest player I have seen live. Slowest has to be big Matt Smith.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:06 - Apr 29 with 997 viewsPBLOCK

The slowest is most definitely Bob Malcolm

Coastal erosion moves quicker
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:33 - Apr 29 with 971 viewsdenhamhoop2

For Rangers Fereday just ahead of Walker and Iorfa for opposition Craig Johnston Nico Henry(would love to see him in a straight foot race vs Walker) and Des Walker he just seemed to never get beaten for pace
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:34 - Apr 29 with 971 viewsRs_Holy

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:06 - Apr 29 by PBLOCK

The slowest is most definitely Bob Malcolm

Coastal erosion moves quicker

I think Malcolm liked a drink or 2? ...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/football-star-bob-malcolm-banne
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:47 - Apr 29 with 950 viewsMick_S

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:34 - Apr 29 by Rs_Holy

I think Malcolm liked a drink or 2? ...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/football-star-bob-malcolm-banne

Come on , be fair here; the ref upset him so he had a kip in the middle of a motorway. I can’t believe he got nicked.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 16:09 - Apr 29 with 933 viewsgazza1

Fereday was mighty quick but I would say that Kyle Walker is quicker over all distances.

Generally, in football, it is the first 10 yards that count not 50 or 100 yards sprints.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 16:10]
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 16:11 - Apr 29 with 929 viewsHantsR

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:01 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

I used to enjoy Kyle Walker giving his man a 10 or 15 yard start, would gauge their pace in first few minutes and then position himself on basis how many yards he could give his man and still catch him up and tackle

Reckon Adama Traore is quickest player I have seen live. Slowest has to be big Matt Smith.

When Adama played against us for Middlesbrough, his pace and strength was astonishing.

There is one other, obvious opposition player we've seen at KPFS - Jamie Vardy scored for Leicester against us. He wasn't a superstar at that stage and a poster here commented on how fast 'that Jamie Vardy' was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024