Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest 00:56 - Apr 30 with 3874 viewsLazyFan

Ryan Porteous, Hibs player, Central Defender, 6.1ft apparently.

Sauce: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/add-thread

Stats: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-porteous/profil/spieler/446093

Any good Karl?

zzzzzzzzzz

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 07:40 - Apr 30 with 3592 viewsstevec

Read that initially as Pistorius.
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 07:51 - Apr 30 with 3573 viewseastside_r

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 07:40 - Apr 30 by stevec

Read that initially as Pistorius.

I’ve heard he’s got good pace, but his shooting is erratic.
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 08:45 - Apr 30 with 3448 viewsMyke

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 07:51 - Apr 30 by eastside_r

I’ve heard he’s got good pace, but his shooting is erratic.

Direct replacement for BOS so!
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 09:16 - Apr 30 with 3349 viewsrsonist

Not sure how much is in this rumour but was reading the summer/winter transfers threads again recently, so can repost what Karl about him on the January transfer thread when Wall were bidding:

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/266650/page:10

"Porteous is a slightly different situation as he is now well established as a 21yr old academy product and hoping he started to develop as a real leader. He's a good player but there's an element of the media in Scotland after him due to his on going battle with Morelos and Rangers in general (he was guilty of a horrible challenge on Barasic last season) and they're piling on him at small mistakes.
I think he should leave Scotland for a decent Championship club where he will start plenty games, he's good enough and will get better, I think Millwall would be a good level for him. Someone who is often right on Hibs rumours says they have offered over £1.3m and if true that is a good deal for Hibs too, pre season most would say he was a £5m player in the making but think he needs to reset and get the best for both club and player. "
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 09:23 - Apr 30 with 3315 viewskarl

I posted this on 30th January on transfer thread.

Porteous is a slightly different situation as he is now well established as a 21yr old academy product and hoping he started to develop as a real leader. He's a good player but there's an element of the media in Scotland after him due to his on going battle with Morelos and Rangers in general (he was guilty of a horrible challenge on Barasic last season) and they're piling on him at small mistakes.
I think he should leave Scotland for a decent Championship club where he will start plenty games, he's good enough and will get better, I think Millwall would be a good level for him. Someone who is often right on Hibs rumours says they have offered over £1.3m and if true that is a good deal for Hibs too, pre season most would say he was a £5m player in the making but think he needs to reset and get the best for both club and player.

Today
His form since then has been good so if there was genuine interest then they won't have been put off other than by the fee Hibs are holding out for.
At the recent AGM it was certainly said that there had been at least one offer and that it was too low at that time, Millwall has been pretty much accepted as the club making the offer.
January is a difficult window for buying so selling then needs to be over the odds on value or a surplus player and Porteous was definitely an important player, Hibs not long beaten in a cup semi by Hearts I think the fans would have been up in arms about it and probably the manager too.
With the way Scotlands coefficient has worked this year getting 3rd in the league was seen as a potential £3m income through europa league/conference qualifying. Same value as offered for Porteous and Nisbet.
Due to the Old Firm both getting knocked out of the cup then 3rd is no longer the golden ticket but we have to win the cup now, still important that we retained our top players.
Overall is he good enough for QPR, at this moment I don't think he is better than Barbet or Dickie and he's not a player I'd play centrally with them.
He's good in the air, pretty quick and a very confident, I think he's better with a proper senior player next to him.
A positive for him that occasionally backfires is him trying to be the modern defender who retains the ball rather than just making challenges and playing safe, for instance he will make an early challenge behind the forward but faking it so the ball drops behind them and he recycles possession after dropping off, very common at the higher levels, sometimes he will mistime these sort of challenges but he's getting very good at it and I'd much rather him develop that type of game with the occasional mistake.
His aggressive style can be good but he has to keep it in check as well, I think he has done that for last 4 months so maybe clicking there as well?
I think he'll be ahead of Masterson at this moment due to his experience and would be good back up, from a Scotland point of view I definitely don't want to see him lost from 1st team football for long to stunt his progress but for him to be regular starter Rob Dickie would need to be away or he was converted to a conventional right back, definitely not a RWB imo.
I'd be sad to see him leave Hibs but it's probably the right time to get a good fee for him and allow his development to continue, I'd imagine a straight fee of £2m with sell on % would be region asked but of course there would more likely be a base figure with add ons.
If we do get Europa league it would be a shame we couldn't use the players that got us there, similar to losing John McGinn before we played Molde 2nd leg and falling apart but that's football nowadays of course.

Edit
My son is the 'virtual' mascot for the game on Sat and has listed Porteous as his favourite player in the match programme. How come QPR manage to spoil every weekend!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 9:24]
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 09:27 - Apr 30 with 3293 viewsenfieldargh

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 09:23 - Apr 30 by karl

I posted this on 30th January on transfer thread.

Porteous is a slightly different situation as he is now well established as a 21yr old academy product and hoping he started to develop as a real leader. He's a good player but there's an element of the media in Scotland after him due to his on going battle with Morelos and Rangers in general (he was guilty of a horrible challenge on Barasic last season) and they're piling on him at small mistakes.
I think he should leave Scotland for a decent Championship club where he will start plenty games, he's good enough and will get better, I think Millwall would be a good level for him. Someone who is often right on Hibs rumours says they have offered over £1.3m and if true that is a good deal for Hibs too, pre season most would say he was a £5m player in the making but think he needs to reset and get the best for both club and player.

Today
His form since then has been good so if there was genuine interest then they won't have been put off other than by the fee Hibs are holding out for.
At the recent AGM it was certainly said that there had been at least one offer and that it was too low at that time, Millwall has been pretty much accepted as the club making the offer.
January is a difficult window for buying so selling then needs to be over the odds on value or a surplus player and Porteous was definitely an important player, Hibs not long beaten in a cup semi by Hearts I think the fans would have been up in arms about it and probably the manager too.
With the way Scotlands coefficient has worked this year getting 3rd in the league was seen as a potential £3m income through europa league/conference qualifying. Same value as offered for Porteous and Nisbet.
Due to the Old Firm both getting knocked out of the cup then 3rd is no longer the golden ticket but we have to win the cup now, still important that we retained our top players.
Overall is he good enough for QPR, at this moment I don't think he is better than Barbet or Dickie and he's not a player I'd play centrally with them.
He's good in the air, pretty quick and a very confident, I think he's better with a proper senior player next to him.
A positive for him that occasionally backfires is him trying to be the modern defender who retains the ball rather than just making challenges and playing safe, for instance he will make an early challenge behind the forward but faking it so the ball drops behind them and he recycles possession after dropping off, very common at the higher levels, sometimes he will mistime these sort of challenges but he's getting very good at it and I'd much rather him develop that type of game with the occasional mistake.
His aggressive style can be good but he has to keep it in check as well, I think he has done that for last 4 months so maybe clicking there as well?
I think he'll be ahead of Masterson at this moment due to his experience and would be good back up, from a Scotland point of view I definitely don't want to see him lost from 1st team football for long to stunt his progress but for him to be regular starter Rob Dickie would need to be away or he was converted to a conventional right back, definitely not a RWB imo.
I'd be sad to see him leave Hibs but it's probably the right time to get a good fee for him and allow his development to continue, I'd imagine a straight fee of £2m with sell on % would be region asked but of course there would more likely be a base figure with add ons.
If we do get Europa league it would be a shame we couldn't use the players that got us there, similar to losing John McGinn before we played Molde 2nd leg and falling apart but that's football nowadays of course.

Edit
My son is the 'virtual' mascot for the game on Sat and has listed Porteous as his favourite player in the match programme. How come QPR manage to spoil every weekend!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 9:24]

Just the sort of player Nottingham Forest need

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 09:36 - Apr 30 with 3250 viewskarl

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-porteous-queens-

Daily Record never the best for Hibs news, they might have a good contact with MW from his Rangers days of course.
If the Sun or Edinburgh Evening News carry the story then it will have more substance to it, of course it could be an agent stirring up interest?
Interestingly he is represented by Andy Murrays set up, he took on a mentoring role on both him and another young lad to help them develop a broad outlook.
I'd imagine that takes out the element of an agent scurrying around a host of clubs behind Hibs back
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 11:02 - Apr 30 with 3082 viewsrsonist

Sounds a wee bit expensive for us for what he is.

Mentioned elsewhere recently that Oxford have since made a clone of Dickie in Rob Atkinson. 6ft 4, same passing game, left footed now. Just been named in the League One Team of the Season yesterday.

They hold the contract cards this time though so I doubt £1m-2m would do it unless they find themselves in financial strife missing the play offs.

Bolton fans are crazy about L2 TOTS winner Ricardo Santos meanwhile.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 13:09 - Apr 30 with 2907 viewskarl

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 11:02 - Apr 30 by rsonist

Sounds a wee bit expensive for us for what he is.

Mentioned elsewhere recently that Oxford have since made a clone of Dickie in Rob Atkinson. 6ft 4, same passing game, left footed now. Just been named in the League One Team of the Season yesterday.

They hold the contract cards this time though so I doubt £1m-2m would do it unless they find themselves in financial strife missing the play offs.

Bolton fans are crazy about L2 TOTS winner Ricardo Santos meanwhile.

Yes, will be an interesting signing if it was to be made.
Could well depend on the way the signing policy progresses, do we see a relatively quick turnover on the buy cheap and sell on model?
Wages are always an unknown really but there is good value from Scotlands smaller clubs, Porteous coming through the ranks will mean he started at a low base but been regular first team now for 2 and a half seasons so getting to be a senior role in the squad but his wage range still probably £1-£2k per week?
Relatively cheap to make a good package for him, equally important is the successful transition of SPL players into the first team so he could see a proper chance of progression too.
I think a fee under £2m and he reacts well to coaching then he'll be a worthwhile signing but equally we're not Chelsea where you sign a young player because they have talent and are available, there has to be a pathway or we're sitting with £2m in the stiffs blocking our own youth coming through.
Expensive back up to Dickie, although he has played left CB for Hibs too he does look less accomplished there.

Edit.
Interesting comment on Hibs website, Liam Kelly in opposite direction. Makes a lot of sense, both number 1 & 2 choice keepers out of contract although 22 yr old has resigned a new deal probably to be number 2?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 13:27]
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 13:28 - Apr 30 with 2851 viewsBrianMcCarthy

His terrace song is a belter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:00 - Apr 30 with 2687 viewsMrSheen

I like the look of Davie D'Artagnan of Brechin City.
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:04 - Apr 30 with 2676 viewsdmm

If we continue with 3 at the back next season, I think we should bring in both de Wijs and Porteous. That would give us the option of loaning out Masterson for a few months to help his development.

Karl, do you think Porteous would fit into a back 3 playing on the right?
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:21 - Apr 30 with 2621 viewsLongsufferingR

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:00 - Apr 30 by MrSheen

I like the look of Davie D'Artagnan of Brechin City.

Middlesbrough offered a straight swap for him and one of their current centre backs. A sort of One for Hall and Hall for one type of deal.
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:22 - Apr 30 with 2610 viewskarl

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:04 - Apr 30 by dmm

If we continue with 3 at the back next season, I think we should bring in both de Wijs and Porteous. That would give us the option of loaning out Masterson for a few months to help his development.

Karl, do you think Porteous would fit into a back 3 playing on the right?

Yes thats where I think he'd fit best. Don't see him as central and although he has played there and left for Hibs in a 3 it's not his best position.
Hibs switch between a 3 and 4 at the back fairly often and during matches too, after the veteran Darren MacGregor he's the most aggressive, particularly in the air, so he does play as the central player.
Moving to the English Championship will be a more physical challenge and I think moving him along the back line would be a mistake early on.
I think he's ready for the Championship but at this moment he's back up quality for Dickie.
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:23 - Apr 30 with 2600 viewsgazza1

Never heard of him but I would suggest buying a CB is the least of our worries......
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 18:28 - Apr 30 with 2382 viewshantssi

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 15:21 - Apr 30 by LongsufferingR

Middlesbrough offered a straight swap for him and one of their current centre backs. A sort of One for Hall and Hall for one type of deal.

🤣
Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 19:13 - Apr 30 with 2293 viewsR_from_afar

Surely The Blades will snap up D-Artagnan?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ryan Porteous rumour of transfer interest on 13:53 - May 1 with 1988 viewsdermyqpr

😂😂😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024