Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music fans 23:39 - May 1 with 4742 viewsqpr_1968

how good were queen

watching them now..... wembley.. fantastic.

gutted i never see them live.......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Music fans on 00:21 - May 2 with 2495 viewsBoston

No. Not then, not now.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Music fans on 00:46 - May 2 with 2475 viewscharmr

Pompous nonsense
Music fans on 01:46 - May 2 with 2443 viewslightwaterhoop

Dreadful shower. Unwatchable and unlistenable.
Music fans on 02:52 - May 2 with 2421 viewsPunteR

Good .Made some classic tunes. Had a sound and vibe and made good pop music that still gets played today. 40 years later.. Lets see if todays music will be around that long.
Id take Queen, U2, Tears for Fears, Aha etc etc over any of the shite thats in the charts now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Music fans on 03:10 - May 2 with 2417 viewsBoston

Music fans on 02:52 - May 2 by PunteR

Good .Made some classic tunes. Had a sound and vibe and made good pop music that still gets played today. 40 years later.. Lets see if todays music will be around that long.
Id take Queen, U2, Tears for Fears, Aha etc etc over any of the shite thats in the charts now.

There goes the last DJ...

Music fans on 07:43 - May 2 with 2358 viewsRs_Holy

Music fans on 02:52 - May 2 by PunteR

They also had that rare gift of producing songs that were totally different to anything they’d done in the past. When you listen to Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, Youre My Best Friend, Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy, One Vision, Crazy Little Thing Called Love etc etc they are really different in their sound and structure but still great tunes.
Oh and they stole the show at Live Aid...
[Post edited 2 May 2021 7:45]
Music fans on 07:51 - May 2 with 2339 viewsNorthantsHoop

Queen my first rock gig aged 14 in 1978 on the News of the World tour at Wembley Empire Pool (now Arena), they were superb.
Music fans on 08:32 - May 2 with 2304 viewsBlackCrowe

Never my cup of tea though Sheer Heart Attack is a decent album.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Music fans on 08:40 - May 2 with 2293 viewsJogo

They were decent enough, but I can't help but think retrospectively they are overrated by the media.
Music fans on 08:46 - May 2 with 2286 viewsstevec

Yeah decent band but if I never hear We are the champions again it’ll still be too soon, kills any celebration.
Music fans on 10:44 - May 2 with 2219 viewsSonofNorfolt

Music fans on 07:51 - May 2 by NorthantsHoop

Queen my first rock gig aged 14 in 1978 on the News of the World tour at Wembley Empire Pool (now Arena), they were superb.

Led Zep tribute band.
Music fans on 11:25 - May 2 with 2181 viewsToast_R

Did they show Level 42 as the support act? Mark King, the slap bass boss.
Music fans on 11:49 - May 2 with 2154 viewsStanisgod

Quo at Milton Keynes bowl 1984. Nuff said.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Music fans on 12:14 - May 2 with 2135 viewsderbyhoop

Like many famous bands, some good tunes interspersed with dross.
Too much of it overblown.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Music fans on 13:17 - May 2 with 2096 viewskensalriser

Ghastly business.

Apart from the just about tolerable Under Pressure and Another One Bites The Dust, the only thing I like about Queen is that almost no one in the 70s and 80s seemed to notice that Freddie Mercury was absolutely screaming and Indian to boot.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Music fans on 14:21 - May 2 with 2063 viewsBoston

Music fans on 13:17 - May 2 by kensalriser

Ghastly business.

Apart from the just about tolerable Under Pressure and Another One Bites The Dust, the only thing I like about Queen is that almost no one in the 70s and 80s seemed to notice that Freddie Mercury was absolutely screaming and Indian to boot.

To be fair, the race and gender industry didn't get its act together until the end of the 1980's.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 14:21]

Music fans on 14:23 - May 2 with 2057 viewsBoston

Music fans on 07:51 - May 2 by NorthantsHoop

My first 'big gig'.

Music fans on 14:34 - May 2 with 2041 viewsNorthantsHoop

Music fans on 10:44 - May 2 by SonofNorfolt

Led Zep tribute band.

Now you know that's not true Mel.
Music fans on 14:38 - May 2 with 2029 viewsdanehoop

I stewarded the Wembley concert. It was a spectacle in that 70K of people clapping along to a song can be - ultimately though it felt a little like a pop video and actually felt pretty dull and sterile as a neutral. I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

The band that really caught the ear where an up and coming Australian band called INXS. They weren't well known in the UK at that point and hadn't released Kick. Remember going out and starting to pick up their back catalogue after the concert as they were doing something very different and clearly going to be very big.

Never knowingly understood

Music fans on 15:58 - May 2 with 2004 viewskensalriser

Music fans on 14:21 - May 2 by Boston

To be fair, the race and gender industry didn't get its act together until the end of the 1980's.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 14:21]

No, but the bigotry industry certainly did.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Music fans on 16:01 - May 2 with 2001 viewscorse

First five albums were absolutely great. Queen 2 is one of my favourite albums.
Music fans on 17:34 - May 2 with 1944 viewswood_hoop

Music fans on 00:46 - May 2 by charmr

Pompous nonsense

I worked in a record shop for a short while and I was always sticking on soul and reggae records on the shop system, many from my own collection, imports not even released in the UK, used to drive him mad as he would be asked for the disc and of course no stock in the shop or he could order from the suppliers.

Bohemian Rhapsody was released while I was there, the owner of the shop insisted we play it non stop for days on end to attract more customers and sell more of the record, to my chagrin it bloody worked and I have despised them ever since. !
Music fans on 18:23 - May 2 with 1912 viewscharmr

When I first heard that Rhapsody thing as a young un of around 14/15 years of age I do recall and remember thinking, I’m going to keep hearing this drivel the rest of my life.

A visionary I know.
Music fans on 20:58 - May 2 with 1856 viewshantssi

Music fans on 18:23 - May 2 by charmr

When I first heard that Rhapsody thing as a young un of around 14/15 years of age I do recall and remember thinking, I’m going to keep hearing this drivel the rest of my life.

A visionary I know.

Just watched Fleetwood Mac live from Boston 2004, BRILLIANT!!
First gig for me, ELO Wembley 78, biggest Led Zepplin at Knebworth 79.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 21:00]
Music fans on 21:06 - May 2 with 1846 viewsHAYESBOY

Still the best performer I have seen live.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024