Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. 08:45 - May 3 with 17367 viewsLeedsR

Going on from TGRRRRSSS comment on the 60 points thread, anyone know how the likes of 2T2B, LBlock (I think - the one with the Brass Eye avatar) and Smegma are? I know there were health concerns re 2T2B and Smegma. I hope they’re ok.

Can’t say I always agreed with the likes of 2T2B and LBlock, but I guess the message board is all about the wide range of opinions and supporting a team will always trigger a broad set of them. Except for a handful (like Konk and the Brentford 2 who I think are secretly Rangers anyway !!) at the end of the day we are all Rs.

I know a couple of posters on here from being at matches with them for many years, but it’d be interesting to put faces to avatars and username the next time we actually could all go to a game. As TGRRRSSS said, that’s life, but I look forward to going again when it’s safe. Being in Yorkshire, this site is a lifeline to connect with other Rs!!

Anyhow. Mind how you all go and COYRS!

Edit: I had originally put RBlock when I meant LBlock - hope both are fine tho!!
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:18]
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:02 - May 9 with 2130 viewsNorthernr

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:02 - May 3 by PunteR

I think you mean Lblock ? . He's absolutely fine. Just taking time out from the debates and mud slinging that goes on here but still posts on the Frankie thread.
2T2B absence is a concern though as he was in poor health.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:03]

Guys, sad news. I emailed the addy we had on file for 2T2B to check in and had a reply back this morning from his daughter, Sarah, saying Jim passed away a month ago in a hospice, just after turning 62, of pancreatic cancer. RIP.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:07 - May 9 with 2102 viewsJuzzie

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:02 - May 9 by Northernr

Guys, sad news. I emailed the addy we had on file for 2T2B to check in and had a reply back this morning from his daughter, Sarah, saying Jim passed away a month ago in a hospice, just after turning 62, of pancreatic cancer. RIP.

RIP Jim. Very sad.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:08 - May 9 with 2100 viewsflynnbo

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:07 - May 9 by Juzzie

RIP Jim. Very sad.

Very sad to hear. RIP.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:10 - May 9 with 2092 viewsdannyblue

Oh that is sad news. Condolences to his friends and family.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:10 - May 9 with 2092 viewscolinallcars

RIP. And only 62. Pancreatic cancer is just about the worst but of course they are all terrible.
He held deeply entrenched views to coin a phrase, but was always up for a good verbal argument.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:13 - May 9 with 2069 viewsdavman

Really sad and only 62. Shocking. RIP.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:16 - May 9 with 2054 viewshantssi

R.I.P. Jim
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:19 - May 9 with 2046 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

RIP mate!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:42 - May 9 with 1983 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Poor old 2T2B. Bless him, and bless his family.
I know he was very close to some posters on here too. My heartfelt condolences.

He was one of us.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
Sleep easy, Jim.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:49 - May 9 with 1966 viewsessextaxiboy

RIP Jim ,

You got this board buzzing on occasions and were a worthy adversary in the Brexit thread and an ally in the Ollie one.

I will miss your postings

ETB
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:49 - May 9 with 1966 viewsnix

Thanks Clive for checking on 2T2B. He was definitely someone who added a flavour to this site, with his very particular and strongly argued views. We need a whole variety of viewpoints here and we'll miss his passion and trenchant arguments.

Hopefully we provided a distraction to him during his illness as it appears he was posting until relatively recently.

RIP and condolences to his family.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:50 - May 9 with 1962 viewsBklynRanger

That's terrible news.

If it was a month ago he must have been posting on here until really quite late on which is very touching in itself.

RIP 2T2B.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 09:57 - May 9 with 1916 viewsCaptainPugwash

So sorry to hear that.We had some great private conversations both here and on another site.Much too young.

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:00 - May 9 with 1917 viewskarl

Good that you made the effort to contact him Clive, I would imagine his daughter will be comforted that you took the time to check on him.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:06 - May 9 with 1884 viewsfrancisbowles

All of the above and we continue to miss your input on here.

RIP to one of our own.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:12 - May 9 with 1868 viewsMick_S

RIP Jim. You made me laugh, mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:32 - May 9 with 1823 viewsBlue_Castello

RIP Jim he had very strong opinions which showed his passion for the club , I admired his strength and character when he was obviously struggling with illness.
He had suffered from a number of medical issues and then he gets Cancer which is very cruel, it can hit any one of us at any time and our thoughts are with his family.....
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:32 - May 9 with 1823 viewsGaryT

He was a prolific poster on the Corona thread and after revealing his condition on Christmas Eve and knowing he was wheelchair bound, you got the impression that this forum had become a large part of his life. I feared the worst after Boston commented on April 1st that he wasn't around and I saw that he hadn't replied for over a week which was most unlike him. He divided opinion but was always entertaining and this forum is now a little worse off without him.

RIP Jim
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:39 - May 9 with 1797 viewsNoelmc

I didn't know Jim, but he was one of us and certainly contributed to some lively debate on here. Hopefully this forum and his love for the Club gave him some solace in his final months.

Gone far too early at 62. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Absolutely loved his 'Hill Street Blues' Avatar - very appropriate in recent times.

RIP Jim.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:43 - May 9 with 1794 viewsenfieldargh

This is sad news indeed.

RIP

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:54 - May 9 with 1763 viewsdistortR

genuinely saddened if not surprised to learn this.

RIP 2T2B
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:56 - May 9 with 1756 viewsHunterhoop

Sad news. Didn’t agree with much that he had to say, but sad news all the same. He was a Rangers fan. One of us. RIP. Wish his family the best.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 11:08 - May 9 with 1731 viewsKonk

Very sad to hear that. I hope he managed to spend time with his daughters towards the end. RIP Jim.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 11:10 - May 9 with 1722 viewspaulparker

Very sad to hear, at times I didn’t agree with him and we had a spat or two but sometimes I did agree with him and liked that he spoke his mind and didn’t give a monkeys what people thought
He did say previously that his wife had died so hopefully he is up there with her in a better place
R.I.P Jim

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 11:12 - May 9 with 1719 viewsswitchingcode

R.I.P Jim never knew you but had the privilege of engaging on here with you.Sadly you called it around Xmas when we were hoping and praying you were wrong.My condolences to his family.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024