Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. 08:45 - May 3 with 17265 viewsLeedsR

Going on from TGRRRRSSS comment on the 60 points thread, anyone know how the likes of 2T2B, LBlock (I think - the one with the Brass Eye avatar) and Smegma are? I know there were health concerns re 2T2B and Smegma. I hope they’re ok.

Can’t say I always agreed with the likes of 2T2B and LBlock, but I guess the message board is all about the wide range of opinions and supporting a team will always trigger a broad set of them. Except for a handful (like Konk and the Brentford 2 who I think are secretly Rangers anyway !!) at the end of the day we are all Rs.

I know a couple of posters on here from being at matches with them for many years, but it’d be interesting to put faces to avatars and username the next time we actually could all go to a game. As TGRRRSSS said, that’s life, but I look forward to going again when it’s safe. Being in Yorkshire, this site is a lifeline to connect with other Rs!!

Anyhow. Mind how you all go and COYRS!

Edit: I had originally put RBlock when I meant LBlock - hope both are fine tho!!
[Post edited 3 May 2021 9:18]
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 17:50 - May 10 with 2988 viewsSnipper

RIP 2T2B. I remember his post from Christmas saying that it’d be his last one.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 18:36 - May 10 with 2902 viewsdaveB

Only just seen this so sad. His passion for QPR was obvious and so sad to hear that he has passed away.

We've lost quite a few recently, David Price who used to be chairman for QPR 1st when we were in admin and facing a merger with Wimbledon passed away last month and Daniel Gregarious who was one of the most positive people I ever met and passed away last week.

RIP to all of them.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 19:09 - May 10 with 2837 viewshoopsmark

Blue skies and fair winds Jim...x
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 20:16 - May 10 with 2747 viewsDWQPR

Don’t know if this was the match where 2T2B got his name from based on Rangers third goal. Let’s hope so. RIP

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 21:10 - May 10 with 2684 viewsstevenagehoop

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 20:16 - May 10 by DWQPR

Don’t know if this was the match where 2T2B got his name from based on Rangers third goal. Let’s hope so. RIP

RIP 2T2B

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 02:42 - May 11 with 2510 viewsFredManRave

I don't post much these days but even though I remember his "Christmas" post it's still come as a shock to read this news. A great addition to this forum, always saying it how he saw it, sometimes ruffling a feather or two but never crossing the line, as far as I'm aware.

Sad news.

RIP Jim

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 02:57 - May 11 with 2499 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Desperately sad news. A forthright and genuine poster who was always good value. My heart goes out to his family. RIP Jim.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 07:46 - May 11 with 2422 viewsphilc

A member of the QPR / Loft for Words family, whose comments will be missed.
RIP Jim
Login to get fewer ads

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 07:50 - May 11 with 2409 viewsRs_Holy

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 18:36 - May 10 by daveB

Only just seen this so sad. His passion for QPR was obvious and so sad to hear that he has passed away.

We've lost quite a few recently, David Price who used to be chairman for QPR 1st when we were in admin and facing a merger with Wimbledon passed away last month and Daniel Gregarious who was one of the most positive people I ever met and passed away last week.

RIP to all of them.

really sad news Dave! ... RIP to all of them!
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 08:24 - May 12 with 2184 viewsNorthernr

Hi Clive

I had a good read of the link you were so kind to send and the family would like to ask you to thank everyone for the lovely comments made. It seems he was a bit of a character on there as he was in life, likeing to say something to get a reaction but always with a cheeky smile, tongue in cheek.

Despite being paralysed waist down and in a wheelchair, he never stopped trying to help his friends and neighbours and loved his dogs with all his heart, he was more worried about them than himself, they are ok but clearly missing their daddy as are we.

Thank you again for getting in touch,

Kind regards

Sarah and family.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 08:47 - May 12 with 2149 viewsDWQPR

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 08:24 - May 12 by Northernr

Hi Clive

I had a good read of the link you were so kind to send and the family would like to ask you to thank everyone for the lovely comments made. It seems he was a bit of a character on there as he was in life, likeing to say something to get a reaction but always with a cheeky smile, tongue in cheek.

Despite being paralysed waist down and in a wheelchair, he never stopped trying to help his friends and neighbours and loved his dogs with all his heart, he was more worried about them than himself, they are ok but clearly missing their daddy as are we.

Kind regards

Sarah and family.

Certainly sounds that 2T2B was one of life’s good guys.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 08:49 - May 12 with 2144 viewsBlue_Castello

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 20:16 - May 10 by DWQPR

Thanks for posting the vid DW what great memories, that's exactly what Jim would have liked as a send off on this thread.......
Just watched it for the second time ...........
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 19:20 - May 12 with 1902 viewsdistortR

Hi Clive

Kind regards

Sarah and family.

genuinely moving, thanks for your involvement in this, northern.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 06:03 - May 14 with 1607 viewsJAPRANGERS

Hi Clive

Kind regards

Sarah and family.

RIP.

I didn't know him but reading Sarah's letter brought tears to my eyes.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:07 - May 14 with 1468 viewsMrSheen

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 06:03 - May 14 by JAPRANGERS

RIP.

I didn't know him but reading Sarah's letter brought tears to my eyes.

That’s a lovely tribute and a great credit to him and his family.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:18 - May 14 with 1438 viewswestberksr

Hi Clive

Kind regards

Sarah and family.

I hope that this brings a little comfort to the family; seeing the involvement here and the fact that despite his health and mobility issues he was clearly still very active; albeit with people that may, by some, be seen as strangers.

Those of us on here realise that isn't the case and the bonds are stronger, in part due to the common burden of supporting QPR; but also just from the varied topics discussed and allegiances formed.

I have to say, this, amongst all of the other good stuff to do with QPR has left me feeling quite positive with the care & consideration shown and extended to the family.

Well done Clive & everyone else
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 13:52 - May 14 with 1336 viewshantssi

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 10:18 - May 14 by westberksr

I hope that this brings a little comfort to the family; seeing the involvement here and the fact that despite his health and mobility issues he was clearly still very active; albeit with people that may, by some, be seen as strangers.

Those of us on here realise that isn't the case and the bonds are stronger, in part due to the common burden of supporting QPR; but also just from the varied topics discussed and allegiances formed.

I have to say, this, amongst all of the other good stuff to do with QPR has left me feeling quite positive with the care & consideration shown and extended to the family.

Well done Clive & everyone else

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 14:43 - May 14 with 1301 viewsHayesender

So sad to read this, but full credit to Clive for checking up on him.

Had a good couple of conversations with Jim over our love of dogs on here over the years.

RIP fella

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 01:03 - May 15 with 1162 viewssuperhoopdownunder

RIP Jim
This thread has been emotional to read.
Thanks for following up Clive that was very kind of you.
QPR fans are generally a good bunch and it is always sad when someone passes on.
Posters on this forum (and thread) have shown how decent they are.
We share a love of QPR, good football often reminiscing about the old days and fun.
Posters we haven’t heard from in a while. on 22:04 - May 15 with 968 viewsqprxtc

Oh man.

There’s a life that was lived. We only saw a brief glimpse of his years and his life. And yet we all had an opinion and a definite sense of someone we never met or knew, truly.

His family knew him. Knew exactly how he is and how he lived life and loved it. In a way we just garnered and assembled from posts on a QPR messageboard.

God bless you Jim. God bless your family. You supported a worthwhile team. Queens Park Rangers.

RIP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024