Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New QPR Casuals book 16:33 - May 3 with 6550 viewsGoddardandallen

Happy bank holiday U Rsss
I just released my new book about the casual scene.
Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but hopefully may interest a few of you.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B093RV5276
New QPR Casuals book on 17:35 - May 3 with 6379 viewscharmr

Was good friends with Alan Griffiths and part of bunch of us together who regularly frequented the supporters club special. Les from Harefield, Frank the Russian etc.

Later on he went the c-mob route I, robot shoes, black spikey hair and large overcoat one. We always nodded to each other as our paths crossed in service stations or outside the grounds. Still have a scarf of his, classic 70,s bar one.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 18:03]
New QPR Casuals book on 18:13 - May 3 with 6285 viewsBoston

All fashion is cyclical, including masks.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New QPR Casuals book on 17:05 - May 4 with 5852 viewsthemodfather

just ordered one, cheers for the link/update
New QPR Casuals book on 18:43 - May 4 with 5717 viewscharmr

Read it and was at most of the games but never really witnessed some of the stuff talked about. Except Friday night Cardiff game, mental. The author writes from the heart and all the best to him.

For us older fans to go and play the scum in the facup game and not be that club anymore that had its ground taken over by them and being scared silly, rightly or wrongly, felt good. Rangers are just my team.

People hurting each other for the buzz. Glad I’m the way I am.

Ps still don’t get how you go from being a punk and gravitate to a casual after passing through from being a skinhead works, maybe I missed something?
[Post edited 4 May 2021 19:11]
New QPR Casuals book on 01:33 - May 6 with 5151 viewsBoston

Who is Dave Cas?

New QPR Casuals book on 05:13 - May 6 with 5111 viewseghamranger

New QPR Casuals book on 01:33 - May 6 by Boston

Who is Dave Cas?

The Danny Dyer of W12... a bit of a ard geeza
New QPR Casuals book on 15:06 - May 7 with 4651 viewsBoston

New QPR Casuals book on 05:13 - May 6 by eghamranger

The Danny Dyer of W12... a bit of a ard geeza

Ta, don’t recall the name, but if he was a persistent nuisance I’ll probably recognize the man.

New QPR Casuals book on 18:35 - May 7 with 4498 viewsParkRoyalR

Started reading last night, enjoyed remembering some of those key away days, Luton was my first ever away day outside London as a 12 /13 year old and went to that Cambridge game the same or maybe following season, Grimsby/Cleethorpes was also a great day out for a 14/15 year old and leaving school at lunch-time to get on the coach from The Goldhawk to Anfield in 86 brought back alot of great memories.

Enjoyable read so far as I see it more in line with the Jimmy from Quadrophenia type character, where young lad's home-life is'nt great, work likewise, and meeting up with the lads at the weekend for the game is a big release and laugh, but not without its downsides, especially with too much drink is involved - like when the landlady at the stopover on the way to Anfield in 86 whacked the singer over the head with her tray.....U R'arrrghs!
Login to get fewer ads

New QPR Casuals book on 19:56 - May 7 with 4414 viewsLoftusR

New QPR Casuals book on 18:35 - May 7 by ParkRoyalR

Started reading last night, enjoyed remembering some of those key away days, Luton was my first ever away day outside London as a 12 /13 year old and went to that Cambridge game the same or maybe following season, Grimsby/Cleethorpes was also a great day out for a 14/15 year old and leaving school at lunch-time to get on the coach from The Goldhawk to Anfield in 86 brought back alot of great memories.

Enjoyable read so far as I see it more in line with the Jimmy from Quadrophenia type character, where young lad's home-life is'nt great, work likewise, and meeting up with the lads at the weekend for the game is a big release and laugh, but not without its downsides, especially with too much drink is involved - like when the landlady at the stopover on the way to Anfield in 86 whacked the singer over the head with her tray.....U R'arrrghs!

Got a chip pan round the head, he got a chip pan round the head

If I recall correctly 😉😉
New QPR Casuals book on 20:21 - May 7 with 4376 viewsBoston

Crikey, I've just played the book backwards and it says...Mel Huckridge!

New QPR Casuals book on 22:01 - May 7 with 4291 viewsMoonshineSteve

Was too much prog rock involved?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

New QPR Casuals book on 00:05 - May 8 with 4181 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hmmmm

This is quite disconcerting, especially with my magnum opus due out soon....
New QPR Casuals book on 19:44 - May 9 with 3930 viewsthehat

Just bought a copy on Amazon - This was definitely my era!

The 80’s and 90’s the clobber and football special train away days!

Hopefully will bring back a memory or two.......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024