Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Awaycation 08:47 - May 4 with 1947 viewsozranger

As opposed to the staycation thread of some time ago.. and as there is an expected announcement shortly about being allowed to head o/s for holidays, has anyone started to book trips?

Missus and I are heading to Scotland in a few weeks but are also considering a double of Athens and Malta in October.
Your Awaycation on 09:02 - May 4 with 1914 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoping to go hiking in Costa Rica in October with two others, not booked yet.

Football weekend in The Basque Country also in October with five friends. Booked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your Awaycation on 09:17 - May 4 with 1901 viewsMrSheen

Kerry in July, Crete in September. Fingers crossed...
Your Awaycation on 09:22 - May 4 with 1891 viewsLowerloftLad

im back off to Scotland in October for a friend's wedding.

and im hoping to travel to spain in November to see some friends who live out there.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 11:02]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Your Awaycation on 09:27 - May 4 with 1879 viewslightwaterhoop

Im worried about chaos at the airports later this year if everyone is going away at the same time.Having to wear a mask for hours on end does'nt appeal to me either.So the plan at the moment is to drive to Northern Italy in the autumn.
Your Awaycation on 10:47 - May 4 with 1820 viewsMrSheen

A trip to the Japanese sea-side anyone?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56978075
Your Awaycation on 14:41 - May 4 with 1719 viewsaston_hoop

Planning to go to England this summer. Cant bloody wait, been nearly 18 months

Had been planning to go to Georgia and Armenia but anything that is going to be possible sounds good right now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Your Awaycation on 14:47 - May 4 with 1708 viewsJuzzie

2020 and 2021 written off as far as I'm concerned. With two little 'uns we can't be getting caught up in any possible travel delays/rule changes etc. so just going to wait until summer 2022.
Your Awaycation on 14:50 - May 4 with 1698 viewsRangersw12

Booked flights to Budapest for England game in September and also booked 3 nights in Rome for the Missus 40th Birthday in Sept aswell

Hopefully we will be able to do both
Login to get fewer ads

Your Awaycation on 15:23 - May 4 with 1657 viewsloftboy

Barbados booked as a late honeymoon in March, first time in 6 years I’ve not been to Rhodes.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your Awaycation on 16:02 - May 4 with 1611 viewsBlackCrowe

Portugal next month, which stands a fair chance of happening i reckon.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Your Awaycation on 18:28 - May 4 with 1531 viewsR_from_afar

Your Awaycation on 09:27 - May 4 by lightwaterhoop

Im worried about chaos at the airports later this year if everyone is going away at the same time.Having to wear a mask for hours on end does'nt appeal to me either.So the plan at the moment is to drive to Northern Italy in the autumn.

Northern Italy should be great. Not sure if you would consider it but you could go by train, we did, as part of a trip to the Italian lakes.

Eurostar to Paris, overnight stay in Paris, early train to Milan, although I seem to recall the train stopped at Sestriere and some other places high in the Alps, giving you another option. A spectacular journey, at a reasonable cost and in comfort, plus it generated a lot less CO2 than flying.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Your Awaycation on 18:34 - May 4 with 1521 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Your Awaycation on 18:28 - May 4 by R_from_afar

Northern Italy should be great. Not sure if you would consider it but you could go by train, we did, as part of a trip to the Italian lakes.

Eurostar to Paris, overnight stay in Paris, early train to Milan, although I seem to recall the train stopped at Sestriere and some other places high in the Alps, giving you another option. A spectacular journey, at a reasonable cost and in comfort, plus it generated a lot less CO2 than flying.

That sounds great!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Your Awaycation on 19:04 - May 4 with 1497 viewslightwaterhoop

I would prefer the train but my wife does'nt fancy it, understandable i suppose.We dont know where we going to stay yet but we will probably use Airb&b as they were good last year in refunding us as we had to cancel due to Covid.
Your Awaycation on 19:20 - May 4 with 1476 viewsGroveR

I'm going to St. Ives. I don't have seven wives (one is plenty).
Your Awaycation on 19:46 - May 4 with 1457 viewsMick_S

North coast of Ireland in the summer and Corfu when things are hopefully back to normal.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Your Awaycation on 21:10 - May 4 with 1403 viewsJuzzie

[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:11]
Your Awaycation on 21:11 - May 4 with 1402 viewsJuzzie

Your Awaycation on 19:20 - May 4 by GroveR

I'm going to St. Ives. I don't have seven wives (one is plenty).

If it’s your thing and it’s open pop into the St Ives jazz cub at the Western Tavern, Royal Square, on a Tuesday. My dad is usually there and helps do things plus is the main photographer.

He wont know who ‘Juzzie’ is though unless QPR is mentioned.
Your Awaycation on 22:53 - May 4 with 1353 viewsCiderwithRsie

That sounds great.

I've done it twice without the overnight stay in Paris, by the overnight sleeper from Paris. First time on my honeymoon and it was great.

Second time to Lucca with the kids and it was a nightmare both ways (story too long) but even so northern Italy in the early morning on the way out and the Jura mountains about the same time on the way back were spectacular - would definitely consider doing the overnight stay and avoiding the sleeper.
Your Awaycation on 06:44 - May 5 with 1287 viewsB_Wad

Just returned from checking out Alaska. Looking at North Dakota in the summer.
Your Awaycation on 14:15 - May 5 with 1158 viewshantssi

Nothing abroad this year but 2 skiing holidays booked for February and March next year, hopefully 3 weeks in Canada next summer driving from Calgary to Vancouver as a late 60th treat (should have been this year unfortunately!).
Your Awaycation on 19:36 - May 5 with 1124 viewsGroveR

Your Awaycation on 21:11 - May 4 by Juzzie

If it’s your thing and it’s open pop into the St Ives jazz cub at the Western Tavern, Royal Square, on a Tuesday. My dad is usually there and helps do things plus is the main photographer.

He wont know who ‘Juzzie’ is though unless QPR is mentioned.

I'll give that a go, cheers mate.
Your Awaycation on 19:48 - May 5 with 1117 viewsHantsR

That's such a sad point for me. I had a fabulous trip that I designed and booked on high-speed trains Eurostar/ TGV/ Trenitalia etc. From Winchester to London, Paris, Geneva, Milan to Pompeii and Amalfi Coast. I even included the wonderful Bernina Express through Switzerland on the return journey. Carefully booked every train to get best seats, 1st class wherever practical - (look at the man in seat 61 website- excellent!). It would have been fabulous, clear, warm weather for the whole period...trouble was it was scheduled to start 30 March 2020 so had to cancel.

I got most money back but it took me a year to get a full refund from Trenitalia - crikey that took a lot of effort! I've also got some Eurostar vouchers. I wonder if I'll ever get the energy to try again?
Your Awaycation on 19:57 - May 5 with 1110 viewsMaggsinho

Your Awaycation on 22:53 - May 4 by CiderwithRsie

That sounds great.

I've done it twice without the overnight stay in Paris, by the overnight sleeper from Paris. First time on my honeymoon and it was great.

Second time to Lucca with the kids and it was a nightmare both ways (story too long) but even so northern Italy in the early morning on the way out and the Jura mountains about the same time on the way back were spectacular - would definitely consider doing the overnight stay and avoiding the sleeper.

We went all the way to Naples by train, it took two days; London - Paris - Turin on the first day and then Turin to Naples on the second before getting the ferry to Ischia.

I loved the journey through the alps into Italy, really got a sense of the changing geography you don’t get by flying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024