Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITK Charlie Austin 13:35 - May 8 with 20569 viewsNoDiddley

Close to signing a 2 year deal.
ITK Charlie Austin on 00:14 - May 9 with 3676 viewsdavman

ITK Charlie Austin on 00:00 - May 9 by W7Ranger

Oh is it? I wasn't aware of that. I thought it was about £12k or something.

You're probably closer to knowing than me Bri.

We're all guessing.

Cameron, Pugh, Rangel, even Carroll have probably earned more than we'd have thought.

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, if you play with these numbers do a little totting up. A difference of £10k per week over a two year contract is a cool £1.04m (before tax). That's the difference between what I suspect that he could get elsewhere and what we should be offering. Does he love us sufficiently to give up on that £1m? I seriously doubt it. All this "we'll see if the board match my ambitions" crap is all about safeguarding his rep here.

That means "give me what I want or I'll walk away and the fans will blame the board for not spending yet more money on this club rather than me for trying to maximise my income even more to look after my family".

Yes, he's loved his time with QPR and he may have a soft spot for us, but is that worth spending a million for? I love Rangers more than most things, but if someone offered me £1m to look elsewhere, I may well do that...

Maybe we can be creative by offering Bianca a job as Charlie's PA for £500k a year or a signing on fee of that million pounds to offset the wage? I'm sure Tony F will be thinking of that...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

ITK Charlie Austin on 00:15 - May 9 with 3671 viewsW7Ranger

ITK Charlie Austin on 00:04 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Not really, to be honest. Only what I read on here, W7.

There was that sheet floating around showing us paying £12k to some players but it was widely disregarded as fake. Other reports said our basic was a good bit lower than that.

Fair enough mate.

Hopefully something can be agreed anyway.
ITK Charlie Austin on 00:21 - May 9 with 3643 viewsW7Ranger

ITK Charlie Austin on 00:14 - May 9 by davman

We're all guessing.

Cameron, Pugh, Rangel, even Carroll have probably earned more than we'd have thought.

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, if you play with these numbers do a little totting up. A difference of £10k per week over a two year contract is a cool £1.04m (before tax). That's the difference between what I suspect that he could get elsewhere and what we should be offering. Does he love us sufficiently to give up on that £1m? I seriously doubt it. All this "we'll see if the board match my ambitions" crap is all about safeguarding his rep here.

That means "give me what I want or I'll walk away and the fans will blame the board for not spending yet more money on this club rather than me for trying to maximise my income even more to look after my family".

Yes, he's loved his time with QPR and he may have a soft spot for us, but is that worth spending a million for? I love Rangers more than most things, but if someone offered me £1m to look elsewhere, I may well do that...

Maybe we can be creative by offering Bianca a job as Charlie's PA for £500k a year or a signing on fee of that million pounds to offset the wage? I'm sure Tony F will be thinking of that...

Whilst I agree to a certian extent. £1m to me and you (well, certainly me anyway) would be life changing. To Charlie, not so. If we're to believe he's on £70k at West Brom, that's £7m on the last 2 years alone. So I think he's quite well set up financially.

But yes, it depends on how he wants to finish off his footballing career doesn't it?

We shall see...
ITK Charlie Austin on 01:16 - May 9 with 3509 viewsLoftgirl

ITK Charlie Austin on 15:49 - May 8 by QPR_John

He scored today after getting the ball tangled in his feet. A strikers goal in all senses. I don’t remember Clive Allen doing much outside of the penalty area. He will score goals because he knows where to be in the penalty area he does not have to run. I think we can chance a two year contract.

I think his influence is far more than just on the pitch.
ITK Charlie Austin on 01:49 - May 9 with 3468 viewsDavieQPR

I read he was on £55k at West Brom. If they don't action the extension clause in his contract then he would be a free agent. But who in this current climate could afford anywhere near this? Only the Parachute clubs who I don't think would want him. Maybe a few clubs would pay him about £15k which is what Cameron was reputed to be on. We are paying smaller basic wages now but with much bigger add ons. So you never know.
ITK Charlie Austin on 10:17 - May 9 with 2987 viewsRog

I think this is the data referred to earlier...

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/queens-park-rangers/
ITK Charlie Austin on 10:55 - May 9 with 2923 viewsPeterHucker

ITK Charlie Austin on 10:17 - May 9 by Rog

Don't know how accurate those wage figures are but according to that website Stefan Johansen is on £8k a week which would make him affordable to us and is about the same as Dykes, Chair and Amos.
I think Johansen would be a far more important signing than Charlie Austin, Johansen makes this team tick.
ITK Charlie Austin on 11:19 - May 9 with 2881 viewsGloryHunter

ITK Charlie Austin on 10:17 - May 9 by Rog

According to that, Chris Willock doesn't get paid anything.
Login to get fewer ads

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:49 - May 9 with 2795 viewsBrianMcCarthy

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:19 - May 9 by GloryHunter

According to that, Chris Willock doesn't get paid anything.

Or Seny Dieng.

Corinthian ideals in this day and age. Remarkable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:57 - May 9 with 2771 viewshantssi

ITK Charlie Austin on 22:32 - May 8 by Benny_the_Ball

I can see what you're trying to say but this statement doesn't make sense.

First off, FFP is toast, it's P&S now.
Secondly, simply put a club can lose £39m over a rolling 3 season period (which averages at £13m per season but this is not the annual threshold).
Thirdly, the owners' wealth has nothing to do with the losses.

I think what you were trying to say was that it doesn't matter how much the owners are worth, there is only so much that they can invest in the club without breaking P&S rules.

That’s exactly what I was trying to say but couldn’t, thanks for putting what I was trying to say into the right words.
This is not meant to be sarcastic either!
ITK Charlie Austin on 12:01 - May 9 with 2756 viewsdistortR

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:49 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Or Seny Dieng.

Corinthian ideals in this day and age. Remarkable.

that site is fascinating, but I do wonder if it's full of made up facts.
And are the wages shown inclusive of bonuses?
Nakhi on £27k/week, Ayew on £83k !
ITK Charlie Austin on 12:23 - May 9 with 2704 viewsMelakaRanger

ITK Charlie Austin on 10:55 - May 9 by PeterHucker

Don't know how accurate those wage figures are but according to that website Stefan Johansen is on £8k a week which would make him affordable to us and is about the same as Dykes, Chair and Amos.
I think Johansen would be a far more important signing than Charlie Austin, Johansen makes this team tick.

I’d love us to have both next year but if we can only have one , I think Johansen would be the one who would make the most difference to the team.
ITK Charlie Austin on 13:10 - May 9 with 2620 viewsE15Hoop

ITK Charlie Austin on 12:23 - May 9 by MelakaRanger

I’d love us to have both next year but if we can only have one , I think Johansen would be the one who would make the most difference to the team.

I'm pretty confident we'll get all 4 loanees, and I think MW is as well, judging by the mood music coming out of HQ atm.
ITK Charlie Austin on 13:58 - May 9 with 2522 viewsGloryHunter

That site also has Albert as our highest paid player. In which case, why is he always warming the bench?
ITK Charlie Austin on 10:16 - May 10 with 2115 viewsdannyblue

Slightly embarrassing fanboy behaviour from Tone suggests he does want to push the boat out

Next to a picture of Chaz: "Thank you all players , manager , coaches and back room staff amd thank to this man @charlie_austin89 for coming home , bringing positive vibes and having Blue in his blood."

Someone commented that we need to sign all 4 loaness and Tone replied "lots of work going on. Keep your ears peeled. Fire emoji".

https://www.instagram.com/p/COq837HhM4W/?igshid=1ujhbjky7cgkx
ITK Charlie Austin on 10:18 - May 10 with 2100 viewsCroydonCaptJack

ITK Charlie Austin on 13:58 - May 9 by GloryHunter

That site also has Albert as our highest paid player. In which case, why is he always warming the bench?

He has always looked good when he has come on as sub and I do wonder if that is actually the best use for him. It is a great option to have when opponents legs are tiring.
ITK Charlie Austin on 10:18 - May 10 with 2100 viewsAntti_Heinola

ITK Charlie Austin on 10:16 - May 10 by dannyblue

Slightly embarrassing fanboy behaviour from Tone suggests he does want to push the boat out

Next to a picture of Chaz: "Thank you all players , manager , coaches and back room staff amd thank to this man @charlie_austin89 for coming home , bringing positive vibes and having Blue in his blood."

Someone commented that we need to sign all 4 loaness and Tone replied "lots of work going on. Keep your ears peeled. Fire emoji".

ah, let him have a bit of fun. The poor guy gets torn to pieces on social media (not always without reason) and he'd be better off not on it, but let him have a smile.

Bare bones.

ITK Charlie Austin on 10:36 - May 10 with 2005 viewsLazyFan

All the below is pure guessing so ...

I cannot remember when or where, but I do recall that Sir Les hinted or basically said that £10K per week was our max.

If that is true, I suspect that Cameron, Wallace, Uncle types will be on this amount. Cameron leaving frees up a significant amount of wages for us.

Chaz will I assume be able to get £15-20K per week from one of the other Champ teams, such as those that come down from the Prem or Florist. I really doubt he will be with us next season. We just cannot afford him. Also in my biased view he's done his job of developing Dykes now and Willock will shine next season next to Dykes. I am not sure Chaz is needed.

JoJo we could pay Fulham £1m for him (Fulham give him a £500K goodbye) and give him a signing on bonus of £500K and pay him the Cameron wages of £10K per week. This way he does not financially lose out. Some sort of deal like this may be possible, as he should be a our #1 target for the summer.

Shifting Kane should free up some wages as I suspect players like Thomas and him are closer to the £10K bracket, probably like £8K per week seeing as they were signed on a free from Prem clubs.

zzzzzzzzzz

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:01 - May 10 with 1897 viewsdaveB

ITK Charlie Austin on 10:16 - May 10 by dannyblue

Not sure thats embarrassing, seems a fair and positive post from Fernandes.

I hope all 4 loans stay, we shouldn't be breaking the bank to keep them but the cost of getting similar loans to those 4 for next season won't be cheap so we should be doing all we can and I'm sure the club will.

Austin has been sensational for us, his influence over the team has been incredible brought a real winners mentality to the group and set very high standards. Honestly if he signs the thought of a packed Loftus Road in August with him scoring will bring me to tears or orgasm, possibly both
[Post edited 10 May 2021 11:01]
ITK Charlie Austin on 11:14 - May 10 with 1838 viewsAntti_Heinola

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:01 - May 10 by daveB

I hope all 4 loans stay, we shouldn't be breaking the bank to keep them but the cost of getting similar loans to those 4 for next season won't be cheap so we should be doing all we can and I'm sure the club will.

Austin has been sensational for us, his influence over the team has been incredible brought a real winners mentality to the group and set very high standards. Honestly if he signs the thought of a packed Loftus Road in August with him scoring will bring me to tears or orgasm, possibly both

a horrible thought for a monday morning, dave. Sobering.

Bare bones.

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:30 - May 10 with 1795 viewsdaveB

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:14 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah is a bit early for that although if Adel ever comes back I can no longer be held responsible for my actions
ITK Charlie Austin (n/t) on 12:16 - May 10 with 1682 viewsdannyblue

ITK Charlie Austin on 11:14 - May 10 by Antti_Heinola

[Post edited 10 May 2021 12:20]
ITK Charlie Austin on 12:19 - May 10 with 1661 viewsdannyblue

and, might I say 'slightly embarrasing fanboy behaviour'

(tongue firmly in cheek, massively respect your posts and contributions over many years, but too good to resist)
ITK Charlie Austin on 12:34 - May 10 with 1593 viewsW7Ranger

A teargasm.
ITK Charlie Austin on 13:09 - May 10 with 1431 viewsDavieQPR

When you talk about £1m extra remember tax is going to swallow half that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024