Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I LOVE THIS TEAM 14:33 - May 8 with 6922 viewsAntti_Heinola

Been a long time since I properly fell in love with a Rangers team, but I'm getting the feels with this one.
Great characters throughout, they're a lovely team to watch, play great football, and the loans gave us the bit of nastiness we lacked. Every player comfortable on the ball. Great stat today that all 10 outfield players at the start of the game have scored this season. We are reliant on no one, but reliant on everyone.
Cautiously optimistic but really excited about next season.
Congrats to all the staff for a magnificent turnaround.

Bare bones.

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:41 - May 8 with 3594 viewsbosh67

Pretty spectacular second half to that season from the staff and team. Hats off to all of them. If we can play like this next season we have a decent chance of a play-off spot.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:50 - May 8 with 3525 viewsdavman

Agree. If we challenge next season from where we were, this will be a team on a par with Venables' '82 team. Got where we have by doing the right thing, getting young, hungry players in supplemented by some wily pros, a strong defence and players that genuinely excite when they have the ball at their feet. Looked good without Austin and Johanssen on the pitch in the end, which may be what we have to deal with next season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:54 - May 8 with 3469 viewspaulparker

Still some work to do behind the scenes & I won’t comment on the board but this team is night and day if you go back to the Hughes & redknapp years
Been a very poor championship this year and at one point I thought we were down it won’t be so poor next year so we can’t rest on our laurels
Not a fan of Warburton but il give him credit for changing formation and turning things around so it’s fair he gets another season to see where he can take us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:57 - May 8 with 3434 viewsessextaxiboy

A great squad , playing brilliant football with a forward thinking coach with a Rangers fan scoring the last goal .

Cant wait to see how they will use the transfer window and then to taking my seat with my boys and meeting with all my neighbours in F Block again.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:59 - May 8 with 3412 viewsflynnbo

Their manager moaning that we've spent loads getting in Premier league loans and they can't compete with our spending!
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:05 - May 8 with 3338 viewsQPR_John

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:59 - May 8 by flynnbo

Their manager moaning that we've spent loads getting in Premier league loans and they can't compete with our spending!

What world does he live in
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:06 - May 8 with 3336 viewsMick_S

He does come across as an angry man.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:18 - May 8 with 3264 viewsManinBlack

All a bit rich from an ex Stoke manager where I am sure he had some money which is probably why he left Luton for them when he did.
Login to get fewer ads

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:29 - May 8 with 3203 viewsed_83

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:54 - May 8 by paulparker

Still some work to do behind the scenes & I won’t comment on the board but this team is night and day if you go back to the Hughes & redknapp years
Been a very poor championship this year and at one point I thought we were down it won’t be so poor next year so we can’t rest on our laurels
Not a fan of Warburton but il give him credit for changing formation and turning things around so it’s fair he gets another season to see where he can take us

Excluding the two promotion seasons under Warnock and Redknapp, we've finished higher, with more points, than in any other season since we were relegated from the Premier League in 95/96.

All that's been achieved with a fraction of the budget we've operated on for the last decade or more, during a global pandemic and without any matchday income or supporters in the stands.

"Not a fan of Warburton but it's fair he gets another season" - what on earth would he have had to do this season to earn less half-hearted praise than that?

I think he, the team he's put together and the backroom staff he's been in charge of all deserve massive credit for the way they've handled this season, and a serious level of optimism about where this new way of operating, of which Warburton has been an absolutely instrumental part, can take us over the next few years.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:31 - May 8 with 3178 viewsQPR_John

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:29 - May 8 by ed_83

Excluding the two promotion seasons under Warnock and Redknapp, we've finished higher, with more points, than in any other season since we were relegated from the Premier League in 95/96.

All that's been achieved with a fraction of the budget we've operated on for the last decade or more, during a global pandemic and without any matchday income or supporters in the stands.

"Not a fan of Warburton but it's fair he gets another season" - what on earth would he have had to do this season to earn less half-hearted praise than that?

I think he, the team he's put together and the backroom staff he's been in charge of all deserve massive credit for the way they've handled this season, and a serious level of optimism about where this new way of operating, of which Warburton has been an absolutely instrumental part, can take us over the next few years.

100%
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:34 - May 8 with 3156 viewsGreenbay

Well said Ed.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:40 - May 8 with 3106 viewsitsbiga

When’s the last time we finished with positive GD?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:48 - May 8 with 3038 viewspaulparker

I’ve given him credit have I not ?
He and the team were shocking up until January , but he changed it around especially at the back and he got some very good players to help him so deserves another year maybe two to see where he can take us
You and 99.9% of this board will get carried away and that’s your opinion but it’s been a very poor league this year and with the likes of WBA, sheff Utd & Fulham in it next I can’t see us in the play offs
Happy to be proved wrong but finishing top half with a cup run would do me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:57 - May 8 with 2987 viewsthemodfather

what is a "cup run"? lol
proud of the team, PROUD.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:59 - May 8 with 2974 viewsed_83

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:48 - May 8 by paulparker

He and the team were shocking up until January , but he changed it around especially at the back and he got some very good players to help him so deserves another year maybe two to see where he can take us
You and 99.9% of this board will get carried away and that’s your opinion but it’s been a very poor league this year and with the likes of WBA, sheff Utd & Fulham in it next I can’t see us in the play offs

We've got one of the 5 lowest wage bills in the league, we occupy a creaking, outdated stadium which limits our income and we currently rent our training ground from a local college. Finishing top half again next year would be an *incredible* achievement given the resources the club has to work with, not to mention the fact that we've only managed it three times - including this season - in the last 25 years.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:04 - May 8 with 2941 viewshantssi

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:48 - May 8 by paulparker

So how are any of them better than Norwich, Watford or Bournemouth?
I do agree that with Hull and potentially Sunderland coming up instead of Rotherham and Wycombe that’ll make it a little tougher but it’s pretty much going to be the same as every other year in the Championship.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 16:04]
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:27 - May 8 with 2848 viewspaulparker

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:59 - May 8 by ed_83

We've got one of the 5 lowest wage bills in the league, we occupy a creaking, outdated stadium which limits our income and we currently rent our training ground from a local college. Finishing top half again next year would be an *incredible* achievement given the resources the club has to work with, not to mention the fact that we've only managed it three times - including this season - in the last 25 years.

So have Barnsley & they are in the play offs , il give Warburton credit for changing it in January but last season and up to jan we were a woeful rabble at the back so things needed to change
As I’ve said I’m not a fan of Warburton but I can acknowledge that he did a good job the second half of the season so he deserves the pats on the back and another season or two

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:41 - May 8 with 2803 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I also like this team but with so many on loan recruitment will be key this summer.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:51 - May 8 with 2773 viewsDWQPR

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:27 - May 8 by paulparker

So have Barnsley & they are in the play offs , il give Warburton credit for changing it in January but last season and up to jan we were a woeful rabble at the back so things needed to change
As I’ve said I’m not a fan of Warburton but I can acknowledge that he did a good job the second half of the season so he deserves the pats on the back and another season or two

Well for me there are 15 worse managers in this league irrespective of the quality and the league table proves it. Since the new year, based on results there are 20 worse managers and I would love to see what Farke, the lastest Watford bloke, Audrey and the ugly bloke at Swansea would have achieved with the same set of players with the same budget. I suspect they may well have struggled to get to 9th position. Especially after having to rebuild again after loosing the nucleus of the previous years side.

Next year will be interesting. The teams coming up from league one will need to strengthen and Sunderland aren’t guaranteed to win the play offs. Hull will struggle given the owners who will not stick their hands in their pocket and I do think Peterborough will do alright especially if they get a wedge of cash from Toney being sold on this summer.

With the teams coming down. I think Sheff Utd will struggle to get in the play offs. They have had a terrible season and sacked their talisman. West Brom and Fulham will be there or there abouts. We are a decent bet for the play offs next season if we can strengthen the defensive wide positions. And more than anything, which I think matters to all Rangers supporters, we are very easy on the eye.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:55 - May 8 with 2749 viewsEsox_Lucius

"Still some work to do behind the scenes" care to elaborate? or is it just another sly dig? It's the work behind the scenes that has been so impressive these last few years.

The grass is always greener.

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:59 - May 8 with 2733 viewsHastings_Hoops

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 14:41 - May 8 by bosh67

Pretty spectacular second half to that season from the staff and team. Hats off to all of them. If we can play like this next season we have a decent chance of a play-off spot.

If we play like *this* we’re averaging two points a game and top two!
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:01 - May 8 with 2724 viewsHastings_Hoops

By all accounts, it could be a poor league next year given financial ineptitude of a lot of teams compounded by Covid.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:22 - May 8 with 2631 viewsLogman

Warburton and the backroom staff have done excellently. We went into the season with a rookie team of youngsters and cast-offs and the first half of the season was unsurprisingly tricky at times, especially when you think that the other teams carried more of a threat then.

The weak spots were addressed excellently and in the second half of the season we claimed more than a few major scalps, still with a moderate squad which didn't blow the budget.

We've steadied the ship and are moving forward within our means.

You can't ask for any more than that.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:25 - May 8 with 2609 viewspaulparker

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:55 - May 8 by Esox_Lucius

"Still some work to do behind the scenes" care to elaborate? or is it just another sly dig? It's the work behind the scenes that has been so impressive these last few years.

Sly dig !! That’s good coming from you

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:40 - May 8 with 2558 viewsMatch82

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 16:27 - May 8 by paulparker

PP, I don't think I'm insulting you to say that your standards seem higher than most, which is fine.

Barnsley have done an exceptional job and in terms of performance vs expectations this year is fair to say they have outperformed us. Outside of Barnsley and maybe Norwich, I think it's fair to say when you look at the season overall we've done as good a job as anyone else and that's where the praise is coming from
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024