Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stefan johansen. 21:18 - May 8 with 12400 viewsBobbi66

Do whatever it takes to sign him absolute top drawer
Stefan johansen. on 11:22 - May 10 with 4328 viewsrobith

Stefan johansen. on 10:00 - May 10 by robith

We need to think about not "Johansen" but what are the attributes Johansen has that makes the team tick so much and how we have that next year.

If it's the real Johansen, all the better, but we should probably be looking for his Mexican non union equivalent

ffs, this is why you read the match report first, Clive's already made this joke and got the quote the right way around to boot
Stefan johansen. on 11:37 - May 10 with 4272 viewsdenhamhoop2

Sorry OP but no this is kind of thinking is how we got in the s*** in the first place. Whilst I appreciate his quality no player is worth breaking the ethos and building of a team for wage wise. Even if Messi went mad and decided he had to play for QPR for a tenth of his wages we could not afford him so if we cannot break the wage structure for 1 of the best 5 attacking players in my lifetime then sadly we cannot for the Norwegian Pirlo. Personally I think Field brings many of the same attributes to the team just not quite the experience and that only comes with games. Then throw in hopefully Amos and Carroll and Thomas to the mix maybe between them they can replicate much of JoJo's excellence.
Would also be looking at George Dobson of Sunderland he fits the profile we are looking at 23 played quite a bit of first team for Walsall and had an academy education at Arsenal and West Ham
Stefan johansen. on 13:32 - May 10 with 4117 viewseastside_r

Stefan johansen. on 11:22 - May 10 by robith

ffs, this is why you read the match report first, Clive's already made this joke and got the quote the right way around to boot

Am I being thick, but I didn’t get that joke.
Stefan johansen. on 13:59 - May 10 with 4039 viewsrobith

Stefan johansen. on 13:32 - May 10 by eastside_r

Am I being thick, but I didn’t get that joke.

Mr Burns demands Steven Speilberg

He's unavailable

Then get me his mexican non union equivalent!

Ah Senor Spielbergo

Stefan johansen. on 15:01 - May 10 with 3955 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst I suspect QPR are underdogs to sign Stefan, I don't think it's quite as cut-and-dry as some.

On the one hand, he's Fulham's player. It's looking likely that Fulham will be relegated to the Championship, so Stefan's experience could be key to another promotion push. On the other hand, he has 1 year remaining on his contract; if he doesn't extend then Fulham may decide to cash in rather than risk losing him on a Bosman.

Furthermore, Stefan will be disappointed at having been frozen out on both occasions Fulham were promoted to the Premier League since he joined in 2016. At 30, he'll be conscious that the next contract could well be his last so he'll be keen on long-term security, both for him and his young family. Whilst wages could be an issue and he'll undoubtedly receive offers from elsewhere, QPR remain a compelling option as Warburton's style suits Stefan and, with the club based in London, Stefan's family will not have to up roots.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 15:07]
Stefan johansen. on 15:31 - May 10 with 3885 viewskensalriser

You know summer's on the way when the messageboard divides into amateur agents and amateur accountants.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Stefan johansen. on 23:14 - May 10 with 3677 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Stefan johansen. on 15:31 - May 10 by kensalriser

You know summer's on the way when the messageboard divides into amateur agents and amateur accountants.

And amateur comedians.
Stefan johansen. on 23:44 - May 10 with 3637 viewsLoftgirl

Stefan johansen. on 16:14 - May 9 by E15Hoop

If I was Sir Les, I'd be doing a big sell job on him by saying; "Look, you know we love you here. We've effectively built a team around you, and we believe that you can get us promoted. If you're prepared to give us a year, I guarantee that if you get us up, we'll make sure that you get massively rewarded".

Momentum's a big thing in football, as we keep hearing. Compare that situation to Fulham's, where they're feeling bruised and battered and where they've got a rebuilding job on their hands, and suddenly we look a pretty attractive proposition.

The future's bright - the future's blue and white

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
Login to get fewer ads

Stefan johansen. on 18:02 - May 21 with 3245 viewsrsonist

But whose thumb?

Stefan johansen. on 19:44 - May 21 with 2911 viewsBklynRanger

Stefan johansen. on 15:31 - May 10 by kensalriser

I tell you what! That's the only way you'd know summer was on the way LOL hashtag weather joke etc!
Stefan johansen. on 23:27 - May 21 with 2393 viewsSimplyNico

Possibly not so far fetched - https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1080573840?-294:802
Stefan johansen. on 23:44 - May 21 with 2312 viewsBklynRanger

Zero likes there. Can't believe it that's high end humour.
Stefan johansen. on 00:19 - May 22 with 2206 viewsrsonist

Stefan johansen. on 23:27 - May 21 by SimplyNico

Possibly not so far fetched - https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1080573840?-294:802

Music to our ears, Scotty. Put him on the spot early for no reason, challenge his hunger when he's probably never given less than his all for that shirt and when they're the ones who keep mucking him about.
Stefan johansen. on 07:18 - May 22 with 1948 viewsdmm

That's an encouraging WLS piece. If we can offer Johansen an acceptable wage and Fulham an acceptable fee, we might just have our man.
Stefan johansen. on 07:33 - May 22 with 1909 viewsE15Hoop

Stefan johansen. on 07:18 - May 22 by dmm

That's an encouraging WLS piece. If we can offer Johansen an acceptable wage and Fulham an acceptable fee, we might just have our man.

Sounds like Colonel Parker's pissed off that its gone so well for Jojo at our cave!
Stefan johansen. on 07:52 - May 22 with 1846 viewsQPR_John

Stefan johansen. on 00:19 - May 22 by rsonist

Music to our ears, Scotty. Put him on the spot early for no reason, challenge his hunger when he's probably never given less than his all for that shirt and when they're the ones who keep mucking him about.

Johanson goes and Parker keeps the Fulham fans on side.
Stefan johansen. on 08:54 - May 22 with 1676 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/parker-to-hold-talks-with-johansen-as-qpr-pu

Yes I think SP asking Johansen if he is committed to getting Fulham promoted in the last year of his contract before being dumped again if they do is possibly a green light for Johansen to run down the road to us very quickly. The only thing to keep him there would be the final year of money and I have a feeling that Stefan's not really made like that. Famous last words but if I was in his shoes and could get a new contract with a team that actually wants me then I would very much put my foot down to leave.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stefan johansen. on 09:34 - May 22 with 1584 viewsrsonist

Unfortunately recent rumblings would suggest it's somewhat presumptuous of Scotty to be talking about being the one that decides what they do this summer.
Stefan johansen. on 10:07 - May 22 with 1490 viewsHarbour

Stefan johansen. on 08:54 - May 22 by bosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/parker-to-hold-talks-with-johansen-as-qpr-pu

Yes I think SP asking Johansen if he is committed to getting Fulham promoted in the last year of his contract before being dumped again if they do is possibly a green light for Johansen to run down the road to us very quickly. The only thing to keep him there would be the final year of money and I have a feeling that Stefan's not really made like that. Famous last words but if I was in his shoes and could get a new contract with a team that actually wants me then I would very much put my foot down to leave.

Agreed I hope we get him I just hope another club does not come in with a lucrative offer we cannot match and we end up losing him ala Wells and Hugill last season.
Stefan johansen. on 10:10 - May 22 with 1476 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stefan johansen. on 09:34 - May 22 by rsonist

Unfortunately recent rumblings would suggest it's somewhat presumptuous of Scotty to be talking about being the one that decides what they do this summer.

Not necessarily to our disadvantage. If the managerial situation is uncertain, all the more reason for Johansen to prefer QPR where things are settled (absolutely can't believe I'm typing that, and loving it btw)

All these chats about transfers, people go on about what the clubs can/won't do but if a player really makes up his mind to go it's very hard for the club to keep them. (That's why I never doubted Field would sign, he was pretty clear he'd made his mind up when he first joined)
Stefan johansen. on 10:13 - May 22 with 1466 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stefan johansen. on 23:44 - May 21 by BklynRanger

Zero likes there. Can't believe it that's high end humour.

Sorry, just read that and messed it up by "liking" it. I suppose I could always go back and down-arrow it just to even it up.
Stefan johansen. on 10:22 - May 22 with 1428 viewsgobbles

Stefan johansen. on 08:54 - May 22 by bosh67

A flip side of that would be he is not in their team. Fulham would need to offload 2-3 players for him to get a game. It is a bit rich to say to a seasoned international "come back and fight for your place" if you are also telling him that if things go well and they go up, he will be out of work.
Stefan johansen. on 11:28 - May 22 with 1254 viewsfrancisbowles

A good friend who has a close relative working at Fulham in a non admin role, tells me that we are prepared to offer SJ a year longer than Fulham and that he is leaning towards us. Whether that means Fulham aren't prepared to offer him a longer contract now and we would give him two years now or it's an extra year at Fulham and three from us, I am not sure.
Stefan johansen. on 11:30 - May 22 with 1250 viewsNorthernr

Stefan johansen. on 11:28 - May 22 by francisbowles

A good friend who has a close relative working at Fulham in a non admin role, tells me that we are prepared to offer SJ a year longer than Fulham and that he is leaning towards us. Whether that means Fulham aren't prepared to offer him a longer contract now and we would give him two years now or it's an extra year at Fulham and three from us, I am not sure.

I would think, at most, Fulham would offer him another year. And he knows that if they go up again, he'll be bombed out again. I'd think QPR would be willing to go to three years to get him, or two years and an option for a third.
Stefan johansen. on 11:39 - May 22 with 1219 viewsSott

Stefan johansen. on 09:34 - May 22 by rsonist

Good point and even if Parker is happy for him to go that doesn't stop the actual bosses deciding to dig in,they know how much we want him and can make us pay through the nose to get him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024