Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albert 09:01 - May 9 with 850 viewsbosh67

Glad Warburton acknowledged how influential he is off the pitch as well as on it. I don't know if there are any stats people out there but considering Albert has played so few minutes this season it would be interesting to see how many assists he's provided per minutes. I'd have a bet that he's our top assist king compared to minutes played. He's changed a lot of matches for us from the subs bench this season. Hope he will be kept on as he is a big part of why we have got so much better this season and he appears to be a brilliant mentor for the younger players as well.

Well done Albert. 30 inch screamer to seal the game yesterday and a big part of a very good season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Albert on 09:56 - May 9 with 704 viewsQPRSteve

Always looks a big threat whenever he comes on. Just wish Warbs would use him more. I wonder if there is a fitness issue preventing this?
Albert on 10:07 - May 9 with 666 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bosh,

1040 minutes
5 assists
2 goals

Minutes per assist 208
Minutes per goal or assist 149

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Albert on 10:30 - May 9 with 612 viewsfrancisbowles

To be fair to MW, when he did start Albert recently he wasn't really any better than the other options and was subbed after 74 minutes. Seven starts and 22 sub appearances, not too bad for a player that hadn't been playing much before he came here.

It is very difficult to get him into a team where several of the forward options have been doing very well and Albert is not really used to playing wing back so is a riskier option when played there. Yes there were occasions when some of us felt he could be utilised but MW has the bigger picture.

As it is when we play CA, LD, CW and I.C. with only one defensive mid, SJ we can get outnumbered in the middle and have to bring on Field, usually for Chair, to get more of a grip on protecting the back three whilst winning back the ball when out of possession. Adding another attacking player into the starting X1 might just upset that balance a little more.

Lee Wallace has been much more involved and extremely effective in his second year and hopefully, for 'Uncle', he can have a similar impact next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024