Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere Manager Sacked 19:09 - May 11 with 2522 viewsextratimeR

What's that all about?

Aren't they in the play offs?
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:14 - May 11 with 2495 viewsPlanetHonneywood

...and is that our Ian Dawes taking over?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:33 - May 11 with 2421 viewslightwaterhoop

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:14 - May 11 by PlanetHonneywood

No its another one,from Liverpool i believe.
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:35 - May 11 with 2412 viewshamptonhillhoop

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:14 - May 11 by PlanetHonneywood

I saw that earlier and checked. No it isn't. But I did find out that our Ian Dawes played 198 consecutive league games between 1982 and 1986. Some going that. And yes, the sacking is strange timing
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:39 - May 11 with 2380 viewsTomS

I'm speculating that he may have had a clause in his contract for a hefty bonus should they have got promoted under his management.

I recall Ollie winning the play off final to secure promotion to the Premiership with Blackpool, saying something like he had a clause in his contract to earn an end of season bonus for keeping them in the Championship, so he was going to have to talk to the Chairman about that!
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 20:38 - May 11 with 2189 viewsNorthernr

Won two of the last 11, general consensus (rightly or wrongly) up there is they've got absolutely no chance of winning them with him so may as well give it a crack with somebody new.
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 21:30 - May 11 with 2008 viewsmerseyhoop

Agree with northern r, general consensus locally is that fans wanted him out as he had lost the players, they had stopped playing for him. Hill did an interview after the last game where he alluded to this, claimed none of it was his fault and suggested players outside first 11 causing issues. Looking from the outside it does seem a strange decision but Mark Palios has had to make the decision as it certainly looked like tranmere didn't have a chance of winning the play offs with hill still in charge.
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 12:53 - May 13 with 1424 viewsPinnerPaul

Anyone remember the 'wonderfully' biased club comm from Tarnmere.

QPR posted his comm on the offy.

The one I remember (hopefully correctly) was a match where we gave away a pen and Marcus Bignot was sent off in the process and this bloke said "Get off you dirty ..." on air!

They scored the pen, but ref ordered a retake, cue comm "What! What! What's he done there! I don't believe it"

He lost it completely when Lee Camp saved the 2nd spot kick!!!!
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 13:05 - May 13 with 1389 viewsrsonist

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 12:53 - May 13 by PinnerPaul

The one I remember (hopefully correctly) was a match where we gave away a pen and Marcus Bignot was sent off in the process and this bloke said "Get off you dirty ..." on air!

They scored the pen, but ref ordered a retake, cue comm "What! What! What's he done there! I don't believe it"

The absolute best thing the EFL could do is sell its TV rights packages with one-eyed local club comms as mandatory. "Engagement" would go through the roof.

Always liked Hinchcliffe more after he plain admitted he had beef with us.
Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 18:08 - May 13 with 1222 viewsmerseyhoop

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 12:53 - May 13 by PinnerPaul

I was at the game in the Tranmere end with my two brother in laws, both Tranmere die hards. I had to keep the big cheesy grin hidden when that happened. Pretty sure it was the year baardiff did us in the play off final, also think at the time we were fighting it out with tranmere for play off spot
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 18:21 - May 13 with 1200 viewsPinnerPaul

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 18:08 - May 13 by merseyhoop

I was at the game in the Tranmere end with my two brother in laws, both Tranmere die hards. I had to keep the big cheesy grin hidden when that happened. Pretty sure it was the year baardiff did us in the play off final, also think at the time we were fighting it out with tranmere for play off spot

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 18:32 - May 13 with 1185 viewsNorthernr

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 13:05 - May 13 by rsonist

The absolute best thing the EFL could do is sell its TV rights packages with one-eyed local club comms as mandatory. "Engagement" would go through the roof.

Always liked Hinchcliffe more after he plain admitted he had beef with us.

The Grimsby Town club coms are something else. Was reminded today as the anniversary of the worst foul I've ever seen live (with the nostalgic sight of Rufus Brevett running 60 yards to kick it all off afterwards) came up on my feed...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:50 - May 13 with 1101 viewsTomS

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 18:32 - May 13 by Northernr

The Grimsby Town club coms are something else. Was reminded today as the anniversary of the worst foul I've ever seen live (with the nostalgic sight of Rufus Brevett running 60 yards to kick it all off afterwards) came up on my feed...

This post has been edited by an administrator

I love the comment at the end, that the result was "more important than the semi final of the Auto Windscreen"!
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:53 - May 13 with 1088 viewsNorthernr

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:50 - May 13 by TomS

I love the comment at the end, that the result was "more important than the semi final of the Auto Windscreen"!

John and Rowley. It’s worth following On This Day Grimsby Town on Twitter just for those two.
Tranmere Manager Sacked on 10:46 - May 16 with 774 viewsfrancisbowles

Tranmere Manager Sacked on 19:53 - May 13 by Northernr

John and Rowley. It’s worth following On This Day Grimsby Town on Twitter just for those two.

Enjoyed that. It reminded me of a Martin Rowlands 'tackle' right in front of the dug outs, one day. Pretty sure he didn't even get a yellow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024