Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest 08:29 - May 12 with 2544 viewsNorthernr

An hour with the gaffer - Podcast 12th May 2021 08:29
The penultimate Open All R's Podcast of the new season features an hour of Mark Warburton answering supporters' questions on the season just gone. 1

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 09:22 - May 12 with 2464 viewsbosh67

That was excellent. Thanks for posting. We are very lucky to have Mark Warburton at this club. Onwards and upwards!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 11:06 - May 12 with 2311 viewsdaveB

That was a really good interview, he came across brilliantly as always
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 12:44 - May 12 with 2150 viewssprocket

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 11:06 - May 12 by daveB

That was a really good interview, he came across brilliantly as always

Agreed. We really are lucky to have him. Along with Les,Lee,Chris and Amit we have a team focused and able to move the club forward. We are as close now than I can ever rememeber to having a club that can be successful for a prolonged period. Exciting times...

It's the hope that kills you...
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 13:02 - May 12 with 2099 viewssimmo

Who conducted the interview in this?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 13:07 - May 12 with 2081 viewsdaveB

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 13:02 - May 12 by simmo

Who conducted the interview in this?

It's split between them so you do get one part where Finney asks Warburton to first play and then manage his walking football team but apart from that it was really good
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 13:08 - May 12 with 2082 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent interview, they really allowed him to speak and he did!

He came across more light-hearted and maybe less guarded than normal. I suppose the season is over and it was a successful one, so he could relax a bit. Pleased for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 14:51 - May 12 with 1917 viewsW7Ranger

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 13:08 - May 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent interview, they really allowed him to speak and he did!

He came across more light-hearted and maybe less guarded than normal. I suppose the season is over and it was a successful one, so he could relax a bit. Pleased for him.

Absolutely this. He sounds very chipper and bouyant. And why not, the last few months have been a phenomenal success and he deserves to be able to express that.

Feel really positive.

Please let us have a good summer!!
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 20:26 - May 12 with 1666 viewsaston_hoop

Really enjoyable, he sounded really upbeat and relaxed about whats to come. I do feel that we are going to reap the benefits of trusting the process and giving him time to build this squad, not just in terms of players ability but squad culture, discipline etc. Feels a million miles away from Hughes and Redknapp and a million miles in the right direction

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 10:13 - May 13 with 1394 viewsBklynRanger

Good stuff. Never actually heard him like that - like a bit of a weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

Sounds like he's got reason to believe we've got at least some chance of keeping all 4 loanees AND strengthening in a couple of areas.

The idea of starting next season with a settled side, let alone a decent quality one, is strangely mind blowing.
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 10:37 - May 13 with 1365 viewsrobith

I see Warbz went to the same management course that told an old boss of mine saying my name over and over again would reassure me, rather than make me think they're a psychopath
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 10:59 - May 13 with 1332 viewsBklynRanger

It was slightly unnerving!...
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 11:29 - May 13 with 1294 viewsAntti_Heinola

He came across really well. always thought he's been slightly hard done by by some fans in that regard.

Great to have an intelligent manager.

Bare bones.

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 12:08 - May 13 with 1242 viewsTacticalR

I would have liked someone to have asked him about whose idea the transfers were as I believe the reason he fell out with the Brentford hierarchy was that he did not want new players brought in during the January transfer window.

Air hostess clique

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 12:50 - May 13 with 1190 viewsW7Ranger

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 12:08 - May 13 by TacticalR

I would have liked someone to have asked him about whose idea the transfers were as I believe the reason he fell out with the Brentford hierarchy was that he did not want new players brought in during the January transfer window.

I think that was because Brentford were in the Play offs at the time and playing good football. They had only just come up from League 1, I don't think he made many wholsale changes to that promoted team and they were flying high in there first season back in the Champ. Martin Benham (Brentford owner) wanted to bring in some foreign players in the January window and Warbs disagreed with the idea as he thought he didn't need to make any changes that it would rock the boat/upset the dressing room. So he was very loyal to his players in that respect. And that's what ultimately cost him his job at Brentford. They agreed then (in January) that he would be leaving the Club at the end of the season no matter what happened. Brentford still made the play offs but lost in the Semi's v M'boro. So very harshly treated it would seem.

I think we're really lucky to have Mark at the moment. I hope he's here for a long while yet.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:00]
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 13:45 - May 13 with 1125 viewsrobith

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 12:50 - May 13 by W7Ranger

I think that was because Brentford were in the Play offs at the time and playing good football. They had only just come up from League 1, I don't think he made many wholsale changes to that promoted team and they were flying high in there first season back in the Champ. Martin Benham (Brentford owner) wanted to bring in some foreign players in the January window and Warbs disagreed with the idea as he thought he didn't need to make any changes that it would rock the boat/upset the dressing room. So he was very loyal to his players in that respect. And that's what ultimately cost him his job at Brentford. They agreed then (in January) that he would be leaving the Club at the end of the season no matter what happened. Brentford still made the play offs but lost in the Semi's v M'boro. So very harshly treated it would seem.

I think we're really lucky to have Mark at the moment. I hope he's here for a long while yet.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:00]

That also came through clearly in his answer about "not having too many players who don't get on the bus" on match day - he clearly likes a fairly tight knit group
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 14:23 - May 13 with 1080 viewsMoonshineSteve

That's a good question but if the answer was not him, I don't think he'd have answered.

Had he specifically asked for Northern not to be there?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 14:44 - May 13 with 1057 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 14:23 - May 13 by MoonshineSteve

That's a good question but if the answer was not him, I don't think he'd have answered.

Had he specifically asked for Northern not to be there?

Ha ha, I presume that's tongue in cheek but just in case - no absolutely not.
This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 16:24 - May 13 with 960 viewsdaveB

pretty sure he wanted all of those in january, he spoke in the build up to january about wanting/needing 4 new players.

about 25 mins in here explains why he left Brentford

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 16:25 - May 13 with 959 viewsMoonshineSteve

It was.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

This week's podcast - Warbs the guest on 18:08 - May 13 with 875 viewsPinnerPaul

Enjoyed that, very interesting bit at the end about how high the technical/fitness/skill level is at the top 2 levels.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024