Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Cousins anyone? 13:03 - May 14 with 5722 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 13:07 - May 14 with 4783 viewsenfieldargh

quite a few big hitters out of contract.

If Swansea fail to go up then cant see Aiwo (?) staying so unsettled squads new faces.

Hopefully our squad is settled and bedded in last season. 1 of 4 signed so hopefully we may have an advantage plus were a good team.

ITHTKs

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 13:08 - May 14 with 4775 viewsterryb

I was so pleased when we signed him!
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 13:15 - May 14 with 4737 viewsTacticalR

An absolutely hopeless player. So glad Stoke got him and we got Cameron.

Air hostess clique

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 13:19 - May 14 with 4689 viewsE17hoop

I see Hoillett's on the list too...

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 13:53 - May 14 with 4562 viewsDubaiR

I'd take Cook as cover for the back assuming Masterson will go out on loan when fit.

Mowett also on that list and we have been linked in the past but we are heavily linked with Twine from Swindon.
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:30 - May 14 with 4389 viewskensalriser

I'm sure we'll tie up that deal for Twine.

Getting my coat.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:37 - May 14 with 4352 viewsMaggsinho

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:30 - May 14 by kensalriser

I'm sure we'll tie up that deal for Twine.

Getting my coat.

Won't happen. Swindon are stringing us along.
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:50 - May 14 with 4305 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:37 - May 14 by Maggsinho

This thread’s gone a bit ropey

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 16:20 - May 14 with 4242 viewsflynnbo

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:50 - May 14 by PlanetHonneywood

This thread’s gone a bit ropey

Knot at all.
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 16:36 - May 14 with 4179 viewsMick_S

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:37 - May 14 by Maggsinho

I’m a frayed knot.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 16:37 - May 14 with 4168 viewsWokingham_r

Tom Carroll is on the list
Is that correct?
Thought that i saw something about Warb's plans for him
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 16:43 - May 14 with 4132 viewsWokingham_r

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 16:37 - May 14 by Wokingham_r

Is that correct?

And Joe Lumley, And Lee Wallace

Guess that i've been suckered into clickbait?
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 16:44 - May 14 with 4121 viewsdmm

Is that correct?

The club have the option of extending his contract for a further year
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 16:45 - May 14 with 4116 viewsed_83

Is that correct?

He only signed a one-year deal last summer, and there's been no news of him renewing, so as it stands he'll be out of contract. Not sure if the club has an extra year's option but wouldn't be surprised if we do.

My guess is we're waiting to see what happens with Johansen and other targets before deciding on either exercising our option or offering him a new deal.
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 17:37 - May 14 with 4002 viewspaulparker

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 13:08 - May 14 by terryb

I was so pleased when we signed him!

I was more pleased when he left

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 09:04 - May 16 with 3354 viewstoboboly

Jesus Christ no. Absolutely useless.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 09:23 - May 16 with 3289 viewsbakerloo8

Cousins. Jesus. Awful player. Thank god we've moved on from that nonsense
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 11:22 - May 16 with 3175 viewsdmm

I'm sure our data focus recruitment man, Andy Belk, would be appalled at the suggestion of signing Cousins. Can you imagine his stats?
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 14:18 - May 16 with 3007 viewsrsonist

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 11:22 - May 16 by dmm

I'm sure our data focus recruitment man, Andy Belk, would be appalled at the suggestion of signing Cousins. Can you imagine his stats?

Not to the same current seniority but Belk has been involved in recruitment analysis at the club since 2015, a year before Cousins was signed.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-will-face-major-challenges-during-vital-

Generally speaking I tend to think these days the dialogue around analytics is kind of at an impasse. Most of the interest factor in speaking to data guys about what they do is all in what they won't tell you, either for reasons of professional confidentiality if they're in a job or to keep the mystique going so they can get one. The nature of the success stories are pretty familiar these days.

But in Belk's case, as someone who's come through what would appear to be various eras of recruitment strategy, it would be fascinating to hear for instance whether he thought the 16/17 signings were errors in hindsight, what did we learn from them, or was it simply situational mismanagement that squandered their talent? Why for instance is Ngbakoto playing in Greece now when his record when signed was comparable to Mbuemo or Benrahma?
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 14:54 - May 16 with 2939 viewsNorthernr

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 14:18 - May 16 by rsonist

Not to the same current seniority but Belk has been involved in recruitment analysis at the club since 2015, a year before Cousins was signed.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-will-face-major-challenges-during-vital-

Generally speaking I tend to think these days the dialogue around analytics is kind of at an impasse. Most of the interest factor in speaking to data guys about what they do is all in what they won't tell you, either for reasons of professional confidentiality if they're in a job or to keep the mystique going so they can get one. The nature of the success stories are pretty familiar these days.

But in Belk's case, as someone who's come through what would appear to be various eras of recruitment strategy, it would be fascinating to hear for instance whether he thought the 16/17 signings were errors in hindsight, what did we learn from them, or was it simply situational mismanagement that squandered their talent? Why for instance is Ngbakoto playing in Greece now when his record when signed was comparable to Mbuemo or Benrahma?

Got him for the Patreon, but after the summer transfer window, so I will add this question to the list.
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:17 - May 16 with 2911 viewsrsonist

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 14:54 - May 16 by Northernr

Got him for the Patreon, but after the summer transfer window, so I will add this question to the list.

Ooh nice.

A similar/wider question I could rephrase is what is/are the biggest blindspots in analytics currently, beyond personal "you never know about a player's home life" type stuff. It's been interesting watching the minor goldrush in the community collectively figuring out how to value keepers in recent years for instance (improving the saleability of The Product but also a tacit admission that it was lacking in that aspect before too).

One more: does analytics make football more or less accessible? Does he like the way analytics is presented in the media, etc? Thinking of the culture war between Those Icky New Young Brentford Fans (and perhaps the increased media attention Warbs took a swipe at on the pod) vs anti-analytics Jim Whites using it as proxy in their fear and loathing of wider disenfranchisement in the game at large.

Third:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/magazine/soccer-data-liverpool.html
Liverpool's director of research Ian Graham says here “I don’t like video. It biases you” and apparently relies solely on his custom formulae for analysis. Is he an absolute madlad?
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 15:38 - May 16 with 2857 viewsdmm

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 14:54 - May 16 by Northernr

Excellent idea to interview Belk, Clive. Big thumbs up.
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 18:10 - May 16 with 2725 viewscollegeranger

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 11:22 - May 16 by dmm

Has he fully recovered from his fractured eyelash? Lightweight, lazy and injury prone. Flatters to deceive.
Jordan Cousins anyone? on 18:20 - May 16 with 2699 viewsTacticalR

@rsonist 'Why for instance is Ngbakoto playing in Greece now when his record when signed was comparable to Mbuemo or Benrahma?'

'Context is king. This means understanding the key circumstances and facts that actually contribute to an end effect. The example Ankersen uses is that of choosing between an Apple and Microsoft employee. Whilst the Apple employee may have performed better in total sales, it may take more competence for the Microsoft employee to bring in an average amount of sales. Therefore, we must take into account the context in order to guide our decision making. It also has wider effects on being able to judge whether your actions lead to success or not.'

How Brentford used context and 'randomness exclusion' to select Benrahma
https://footballbh.net/2019/05/28/brentford-championship-tactical-analysis-stati

Air hostess clique

Jordan Cousins anyone? on 08:46 - May 17 with 2456 viewsgazza1

I recall Cousins playing for Charlton against us at HQ.......he looked a very good player on the day and was best midfielder on the pitch.

Then we signed him in pre-season and I was a happy man

Sadly, and who knows why, he never reached those heights he did on the QPR v Charlton match. Never worked out for him here.

No, he's done his time, I don't want him here again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024