Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18 Years Ago! 18:15 - May 14 with 3125 viewshantssi

This is when I KNEW we were coming back!
Best atmosphere under the lights at LR!

This post has been edited by an administrator
18 Years Ago! on 18:20 - May 14 with 3110 viewsNorthernr

Still the best night ever. Never been beaten, even by Wembley.
18 Years Ago! on 18:29 - May 14 with 3062 viewsMick_S

Error for me here - please fix it someone. Best Rangers night ever for me. If we ever top that...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

18 Years Ago! on 18:34 - May 14 with 3044 viewsNorthernr

18 Years Ago! on 18:29 - May 14 by Mick_S

Error for me here - please fix it someone. Best Rangers night ever for me. If we ever top that...

Gone in and updated as admin.

Guys, when posting YouTube vids, under the video there is a 'share' option and you now need to copy the link there, not the URL at the top of the page. Annoying but that's life.
18 Years Ago! on 19:05 - May 14 with 2970 viewshantssi

18 Years Ago! on 18:34 - May 14 by Northernr

Gone in and updated as admin.

Guys, when posting YouTube vids, under the video there is a 'share' option and you now need to copy the link there, not the URL at the top of the page. Annoying but that's life.

Cheers Clive, there’s actually a better vid on Facebook, I dare not post it now!

https://m.facebook.com/OfficialQPRFC/videos/4440297792662586/
18 Years Ago! on 19:10 - May 14 with 2955 viewsBeestonranger

You only posted this as I WhatsApped you earlier telling you!!
18 Years Ago! on 19:19 - May 14 with 2940 viewshantssi

18 Years Ago! on 19:10 - May 14 by Beestonranger

You only posted this as I WhatsApped you earlier telling you!!

Well you could have taken the glory!
18 Years Ago! on 20:06 - May 14 with 2810 viewsdenhamhoop2

Best moment for me as a QPR fan but then I think LR under floodlights is always better. Weird to think that Shittu Carlisle Hall and Hill all played in the match with Gabbiadon and Collins as centre backs for Cardiff in the Final, Some damn good centre backs for the Third Division
18 Years Ago! on 20:06 - May 14 with 2804 viewsizlingtonhoop

18 Years Ago! on 18:20 - May 14 by Northernr

Nah, Wembley was better...

But not at night, so, you could be right..

But this, I enjoyed more:

5 seconds in, on this one:

Fùcking hell!

Edit: don't get me wrong. The Oldham night was right up there..!
[Post edited 14 May 2021 20:12]
Login to get fewer ads

18 Years Ago! on 20:31 - May 14 with 2735 viewsbollockchops

the first leg at Boundry Park was good.we were down the front next to the Oldham fans and thingybob scored and my daughter threw her cheeseburger chips and coke all over the feckers
18 Years Ago! on 21:34 - May 14 with 2624 viewsmcqpr10

Was 17 and had a season ticket for the previous five years and just saw us decline steadily. The turn around after the Vauxhall motors and Cardiff on the Friday to this was remarkable. The whole club was together and it meant so much to fans and players alike, we had suffered so much and it was some release. Not sure it will be topped for me at lr. The stadium was wild. Remember a town called malice came on during the celebrations and a fella who must of been in his 40s, big old unit, sobbing tears of joy. Fans of the big teams will never understand the feeling of winning a div 2 play off semi.
18 Years Ago! on 01:17 - May 15 with 2454 viewsBoston

18 Years Ago! on 20:31 - May 14 by bollockchops

the first leg at Boundry Park was good.we were down the front next to the Oldham fans and thingybob scored and my daughter threw her cheeseburger chips and coke all over the feckers

I was sitting in the Upper Loft, watching a big screen. Still find it odd, singing, swearing at a tv...in public anyway.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 1:18]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

18 Years Ago! on 03:42 - May 15 with 2409 viewsW6R

18 Years Ago! on 18:20 - May 14 by Northernr

I can think of many nights at Loftus Road that were better than a 3rd division play off match against the mighty Oldham in front of 17,000.

For a start, the EUFA games in 76/77, where Stanley and co ripped all comers to pieces and set scoring records along the way.

Also, there were dozens of First Division, FA Cup replays and League Cup matches under the lights at Loftus Rd against the like of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham, Arsenal, Villa, Wolves, Coventry, Sheff Wed, West Ham et all, where the crowds were sometimes nudging and occasionally exceeding 30,000.

Then, of course, but not at Loftus Road was the FA Cup Replay against Spurs in front of 90,000, with an estimated 40,000 from Rangers in Wembley, disappointing ending though.

Although it was just before my time supporting the mighty Queens Park Rangers, the League cup games in 66/67 must have been amazing, with crowds nigh on double that of the Oldham game against first division Leicester and Birmingham Cities..

Ah,the memories, will we ever see them nights again? Nah.
18 Years Ago! on 10:19 - May 15 with 2256 viewsterryb

18 Years Ago! on 19:05 - May 14 by hantssi

Cheers Clive, there’s actually a better vid on Facebook, I dare not post it now!

https://m.facebook.com/OfficialQPRFC/videos/4440297792662586/

Thank you.

That is the only clip I've seen that shows just how good the Chris Day save is.
Magnificent!
18 Years Ago! on 11:20 - May 15 with 2187 viewsMrSheen

18 Years Ago! on 10:19 - May 15 by terryb

Thank you.

Magnificent!

I’ve never seen that before. Weird that Sky didn’t cover all the play off semis then.

It was an astonishing night, bedlam from start to finish, but I have almost no recollection of the actual game, apart from the goal and the save - Fitz Hall, wasn’t it. I had no idea Pacquette was playing, let alone that he had come so close to scoring.
18 Years Ago! on 13:57 - May 15 with 2081 viewsextratimeR

Nothing has beaten the Oldham night game, ( I've been lurking down here for 55 years) the only game that comes near it was the Leeds game in 1968? , Billy Brenner said he'd never heard anything like it.

I think they won the title that year?
18 Years Ago! on 14:00 - May 15 with 2073 viewsextratimeR

Bremner
18 Years Ago! on 15:23 - May 15 with 1977 viewsW7Ranger

18 Years Ago! on 20:06 - May 14 by izlingtonhoop

Nah, Wembley was better...

But not at night, so, you could be right..

But this, I enjoyed more:

5 seconds in, on this one:

Fùcking hell!

Edit: don't get me wrong. The Oldham night was right up there..!
[Post edited 14 May 2021 20:12]

That was some crowd in that 2nd replay v Blackpool. I was at both the Blackpool replays, and couldn't remember it being that packed! Can't find the attendance anywhere, but I'm guessing as it was before seating that it must've been not too far away from 20k ?
18 Years Ago! on 15:32 - May 15 with 1964 viewshantssi

18 Years Ago! on 10:19 - May 15 by terryb

Thank you.

Magnificent!

To be fair the save their keeper made from Paquette was pretty good as well!
Was in the Upper Loft and Day's save was right beneath me, couldn’t believe he’d saved it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024