Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ashes 22:35 - May 19 with 1418 viewsstowmarketrange

I got an email about the Ashes tests starting in December.I’m thinking of going out for the 1st 3 tests this time and fly home after the Melbourne test.Assuming we’re allowed to go of course.Anyone else thinking of making plans?
The Ashes on 22:51 - May 19 with 1386 viewsted_hendrix

Well the border is shut with little or no hope of them opening it this year according to various media reports, all depends on Covid I guess I wouldn't hold out to much hope though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Ashes on 22:54 - May 19 with 1364 viewsBlackCrowe

If we're allowed to go, I'll try and get to the SCG if i can.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The Ashes on 23:06 - May 19 with 1348 viewsstowmarketrange

The Ashes on 22:54 - May 19 by BlackCrowe

If we're allowed to go, I'll try and get to the SCG if i can.

It’s all a bit strange this time with Perth as the last test,which makes it better to fly home from rather than Sydney,but I didn’t do Brisbane and Adelaide last time,so that’s the plan this time.
It all depends on the price really.
The Ashes on 23:23 - May 19 with 1329 viewsozexile

I wouldn't hold your breath guys. A lot of aussies not taking up vaccinations. Which means borders will stay closed.
The Ashes on 16:08 - May 20 with 1158 viewsSonofNorfolt

Was planning on going to them all but......
The only reason I got a vaccine was to travel, what a waste of time.
If I do the MCG and SCG ones I'd be fairly happy.
The Ashes on 17:01 - May 20 with 1110 viewsBlackCrowe

Might be more challenging this time for me. Have been to the last three SCG tests as i managed to combine it with work trip. Not sure what the company travel policy will be post-pandemic - a lot less i reckon.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The Ashes on 20:44 - May 20 with 1029 viewsThe_Beast1976

I was planning on going over for all 5 Tests, but alas unfortunately I think there is more chance of pigs flying than any of us being allowed into the colony before the Ashes is over
The Ashes on 02:48 - May 21 with 929 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hard to get in or out of Australia at the moment. Even travelling between states often requires a permit.
Login to get fewer ads

The Ashes on 04:21 - May 21 with 908 viewsOutWestR

The Ashes on 02:48 - May 21 by superhoopdownunder

Hard to get in or out of Australia at the moment. Even travelling between states often requires a permit.

Was talking to a relative of mine the other day who lives in Brisbane and he echoed what’s been said on here. Very low vaccination take up and couldn’t see the borders opening until next year.
The Ashes on 07:09 - May 21 with 851 viewsozranger

I'll echo what is being said here. No non-Australian citizens/residents are allowed to arrive in Australia except for very exceptional reasons, like sportsmen, actors or specific work reasons.

A recent survey there stated that up to 31% do not want to have the jab! That is going to slow things down very, very much. They just reached 1m jabs recently in NSW.

Then, the cost is obnoxious as more often than not you will be charged business class fares. That said, Singapore are offering Brisbane ret. for £644 from Heathrow but only for Oct-Nov and Jan-Apr and thus not December.

Still, as most have already said, it is extremely unlikely that anything will change prior to mid-next year if not somewhat later. Also, those who are citizens who do get back in then have to apply for permission to leave! And that is not guaranteed even if you live in another country, like the guy who went via NZ to return to his home in Moscow because after three tries the Australian government wouldn't allow him to fly out.
The Ashes on 08:22 - May 21 with 816 viewssoops

Never been but would love to (maybe in 4 years time). How hard is it - in normal circumstances - to get a ticket? Is it as simple as “getting an email” as the OP noted and clicking through to buy tickets online or is there a points system or auction?
Cheers
The Ashes on 08:40 - May 21 with 794 viewsstowmarketrange

The Ashes on 08:22 - May 21 by soops

Never been but would love to (maybe in 4 years time). How hard is it - in normal circumstances - to get a ticket? Is it as simple as “getting an email” as the OP noted and clicking through to buy tickets online or is there a points system or auction?
Cheers

The only day of the whole series that you might struggle is Boxing Day at the MCG.The grounds are so big,and the attendances drop off a cliff after the 1st day of a test out there.
I went with the barmy army last time because I didn’t know enough about getting there,getting around,booking hotels and getting tickets.
It was more expensive,but everything was taken care of,apart from the small matter of getting from Perth to Melbourne,but I picked up a flight for £100 and sorted the hotel myself online.

Getting tickets for the games should be a doddle,especially now the new Perth stadium is being used.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024