Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chauvinism 14:27 - May 31 with 1756 viewsqpr_1968

sunderland away, the night game we won 2-0, chris ramsey in charge.
went overnight, took the mrs along for company, but only for a few drinks before the game, she's not a football person, but enjoys the social side.
had to meet proudlock in a working mans club in the town centre over that bridge from the ground, the club was called the gunner.
me and the mrs walked in, speaking to proudlock on the phone, said he was in the bar on the right, walked in, and mass up roar, "get her out," or words to that effect, "no women aloud in this bar" my god, you'd have thought she'd walked in with a gun, but that was their rules and we had to respect them. apparentley plenty of places in sunderland like that, so we were told.
anyone come across anything like this in recent years......thought they were a thing of the past.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Chauvinism on 14:40 - May 31 with 1719 viewsBoston

I’d heard it whispered, but aloud!
[Post edited 31 May 2021 14:43]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chauvinism on 15:22 - May 31 with 1628 viewsstowmarketrange

There used to be a few places like that in Newcastle too,but at least15-20 years ago.A lot were in the west end of newcastle though,which was a bit old fashioned in places.There were 2 pubs called the Adelaide and the Benwell arms where a cockney was as popular as a fart in a spacesuit.
Chauvinism on 15:30 - May 31 with 1606 viewsloftboy

Back in the 80’s I played in goal for winkfield working me s club near Bracknell. it was male members only but you could sign women in as guests, there were signs above the pool and snooker tables saying full members only, guests can’t use the tables, effectively banning the females from using them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Chauvinism on 16:34 - May 31 with 1512 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mrs PH and I eloped to Hong Kong and the day before the deed, had to present ourselves at the relevant ministry to conclude formalities before a particularly officious government mandarin.

After presenting our documents and assorted bona fides, I was required to swear and oath that I knew of no lawful impediment to my joining in union. Then it was Herself’s turn, or so we thought!

Officious mandarin merely turns and says: ‘And she. No problem. No husband can marry?’ As I give him a wink to say all good, he records that I gave the same oath on her behalf.

All I could hear was Herself fuming as I struggled not to phish myself laughing.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chauvinism on 20:34 - May 31 with 1306 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chauvinism on 16:34 - May 31 by PlanetHonneywood

Mrs PH and I eloped to Hong Kong and the day before the deed, had to present ourselves at the relevant ministry to conclude formalities before a particularly officious government mandarin.

After presenting our documents and assorted bona fides, I was required to swear and oath that I knew of no lawful impediment to my joining in union. Then it was Herself’s turn, or so we thought!

Officious mandarin merely turns and says: ‘And she. No problem. No husband can marry?’ As I give him a wink to say all good, he records that I gave the same oath on her behalf.

All I could hear was Herself fuming as I struggled not to phish myself laughing.

I bet Catherine's head was about to fly off by the time you left the building

The grass is always greener.

Chauvinism on 03:24 - Jun 1 with 1104 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Chauvinism on 20:34 - May 31 by Esox_Lucius

I bet Catherine's head was about to fly off by the time you left the building

To put it mildly!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chauvinism on 19:28 - Jun 1 with 853 viewshantssi

Used to drink in a working men’s club in an old mining village just outside of Newcastle back in the day, women were allowed in but not in the billiards room (I think it was called), all big old leather chairs and snooker tables.
Chauvinism on 14:09 - Jun 2 with 673 viewsMyke

When on honeymoon in Turkey many moons ago, I was offered three goats and a camel for my new bride. I was holding out for the second camel, but the would be buyer took the hump.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024