Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright Osayi Samuel 17:54 - Jun 5 with 13482 viewsenfieldargh

Unhappy in Turkey and wants to leave....

Would you have him back?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bright Osayi Samuel on 20:37 - Jun 6 with 3385 viewsgazza1

Some really harsh stuff about BOS.......he played reasonably OK when he played, I never saw him being lazy or not playing as part of the Team. He excited me on many occasions playing for us. I would also say that nobody on this MB actually knows what went on with the new contract and why he moved on to Turkey.

He has gone and it has and, not unsurprisingly, not worked out in Turkey (apparently). He left because a new contract could not be agreed, whether that is because he felt he wanted to try his luck elsewhere at a higher level, he wanted more cash or he felt that QPR were not moving forward. Who knows why he left but I am not going to give him grief for leaving unless I know what the reasons why he actually left.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 22:14 - Jun 6 with 3147 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Personally I think BOS flattered to deceive. Yes he had pace but his numbers weren't great and the team look more balanced after he left. This is not necessarily a slight on BOS but a recognition that he is not a natural wing-back and therefore not entirely suited to QPR's favoured formation. I'd rather the club seek round pegs to go into round holes.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 08:58 - Jun 7 with 2965 viewsHastings_Hoops

Bright Osayi Samuel on 23:38 - Jun 5 by swisscottage

Whilst he was exciting to watch his end product was abysmal and I was not disappointed when he left, as I though we'd be a better balanced side without always trying to fit him in.

Bit of a flat track bully and completely overrates himself.. It was noticeable that whenever he came up against a genuinely decent left back like Rico Henry he'd completely disappear from a game.

I know what you mean swiss, but the example given was unfortunate given the Dykes assist where he had Rico on toast!
Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:56 - Jun 7 with 2801 viewsnadera78

Imagine wanting BOS back at the club after the way he behaved. Some people ned to get a little self-respect.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 12:20 - Jun 7 with 2702 viewsW7Ranger

Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:56 - Jun 7 by nadera78

Imagine wanting BOS back at the club after the way he behaved. Some people ned to get a little self-respect.

Think about how Joe Barton behaved and what he said about the club whilst he was out on loan with Marseille for a season and the ridiculous "there's only one Joey Barton" welcome he got the following season!

So yeah, if Barton can get THAT sort of welcome, I can't see why BOS wouldn't either.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 12:43 - Jun 7 with 2649 viewsswitchingcode

Bright Osayi Samuel on 08:58 - Jun 7 by Hastings_Hoops

I know what you mean swiss, but the example given was unfortunate given the Dykes assist where he had Rico on toast!

Rico was in the other half of the pitch he left Janelt for dead I would add I thought he had the beating of Rico all game at Griffin park the previous season.Like many of my mates was hoping we could sign him if we went up that season.Think there’s a player there.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 13:23 - Jun 7 with 2527 viewsHanwellHoopster

I think some of the comments on this thread are harsh, but agree with those that have commented that Willock is the more useful player, especially in the formation(s) we were playing last season.

IMO there is clearly a very capable footballer in BOS. With the right coaching, I think he could still improve a lot and become a top championship player / decent PL player. I don't think he has good advisers and/or has made good decisions. The move to Turkey reeks of prioritising short term gain (money) over long term gain (continued development and a more lucrative move down the road). I'm not saying he should have stayed with us, but I'll never understand why he didn't move to Belgium when he could have done.

I hope for his sake that he's learnt from this move that there are more important factors than the pay packet on offer.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:07 - Jun 7 with 2429 viewsrsonist

Straining every sinew to denigrate BOS' character, ability and ambition seems a funny sort of self-respect.
Login to get fewer ads

Bright Osayi Samuel on 03:56 - Jun 8 with 2096 viewsnadera78

Bright Osayi Samuel on 12:20 - Jun 7 by W7Ranger

Think about how Joe Barton behaved and what he said about the club whilst he was out on loan with Marseille for a season and the ridiculous "there's only one Joey Barton" welcome he got the following season!

So yeah, if Barton can get THAT sort of welcome, I can't see why BOS wouldn't either.

I felt like putting a bolt gun to my head when Barton returned to that welcome.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 06:11 - Jun 8 with 2022 viewsnadera78

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:07 - Jun 7 by rsonist

Straining every sinew to denigrate BOS' character, ability and ambition seems a funny sort of self-respect.

Where have I done anything of the sort?
Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:35 - Jun 8 with 1865 viewskarl

I'm basing this on gut feeling and reading between the lines but for me BOS could be an EPL standard wingback if he chose to learn the position and knuckle down into being a team player. There are large numbers of teams switching from 4 at the back so are desperate for his raw, natural attributes since many academies will not have been concentrating on this position over last 10 yrs.
Imo BOS wants to be an attacking creative player and perhaps the star man rather than one of the grafters ploughing up and down the touchline, his reluctance to release the ball until all his options were closed highlighted it for me.
Being linked to Celtic is interesting as they had a player, Didier Agathe, with similar pace and a little less skill who Martin O'Neil converted to wing back and from being a very average SPL player who occasionally ran riot due to his pace getting onto long balls he was a big European player for them, culminating in reaching the UEFA final after seeing off Blackburn and Liverpool fairly comfortably along the way.
Agathe was a hard working grafter for that team, I wonder if BOS has the same mentality because if he did I'm sure he'd make an impact at Premier level.
Personally I struggle to see him committing to it and he'll possibly play out his career in Championship playing off a big man up front?
Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:54 - Jun 8 with 1828 viewsed_83

Wouldn't have him back, but I think people are being extremely harsh on him here. Up until last season his performances and attitude were consistently good through challenging times at the club, and while his contract situation took the gloss off a bit, I think he'd be a great signing for any team at our level. We've improved without him, though, and I don't see how he gets into this team, in this formation ahead of either Willock or Chair.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 11:02 - Jun 8 with 1794 viewsDavieQPR

If he was as good as he thought he was then he would have had more offers than one from a Belgian outfit and one from the graveyard of overpaid Championship players Turkey. Wants to leave because he can't get a starting role. I don't think there will be many clubs out there that will want or can afford him.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 11:11 - Jun 8 with 1773 viewsTacticalR

Bright Osayi Samuel on 10:35 - Jun 8 by karl

I'm basing this on gut feeling and reading between the lines but for me BOS could be an EPL standard wingback if he chose to learn the position and knuckle down into being a team player. There are large numbers of teams switching from 4 at the back so are desperate for his raw, natural attributes since many academies will not have been concentrating on this position over last 10 yrs.
Imo BOS wants to be an attacking creative player and perhaps the star man rather than one of the grafters ploughing up and down the touchline, his reluctance to release the ball until all his options were closed highlighted it for me.
Being linked to Celtic is interesting as they had a player, Didier Agathe, with similar pace and a little less skill who Martin O'Neil converted to wing back and from being a very average SPL player who occasionally ran riot due to his pace getting onto long balls he was a big European player for them, culminating in reaching the UEFA final after seeing off Blackburn and Liverpool fairly comfortably along the way.
Agathe was a hard working grafter for that team, I wonder if BOS has the same mentality because if he did I'm sure he'd make an impact at Premier level.
Personally I struggle to see him committing to it and he'll possibly play out his career in Championship playing off a big man up front?

@karl 'his reluctance to release the ball until all his options were closed'

I watched a BOS highlights reel the other day and I had exactly the same thought.

Air hostess clique

Bright Osayi Samuel on 11:25 - Jun 8 with 1742 viewskarl

Bright Osayi Samuel on 11:11 - Jun 8 by TacticalR

I watched a BOS highlights reel the other day and I had exactly the same thought.

He excited me when on the ball but without Eze, who I have memory of BOS always passing to at correct time but may be totally wrong, it often was frustrating to see things peter out with him losing possession.
The goal at Birmingham did of course always give you hope that there was similar coming along whenever he set off with the ball.
Tbf early season I thought Ilias was similar in releasing passes too slowly, whatever happened I felt he improved hugely later on.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:47 - Jun 8 with 1603 viewsjohncharles

It’s the big difference between Chair and Bright. Chair has learnt and developed as a player, Bright has not. His understanding of the game hasn’t moved forward from the day he started with us. I don’t think he’s particularly greedy or selfish just hasn’t grown up.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:58 - Jun 8 with 1569 viewsGroveR

Bright Osayi Samuel on 11:11 - Jun 8 by TacticalR

If you had a player with his pace and Adomah's decision-making/execution you'd have some player. And almost certainly not playing in the Championship.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 15:00 - Jun 8 with 1562 viewskarl

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:47 - Jun 8 by johncharles

It’s the big difference between Chair and Bright. Chair has learnt and developed as a player, Bright has not. His understanding of the game hasn’t moved forward from the day he started with us. I don’t think he’s particularly greedy or selfish just hasn’t grown up.

Good points JC
Bright Osayi Samuel on 16:05 - Jun 8 with 1454 viewsWestbourneR

I might be one of the few that fears Chair is plateauing. He's quite one dimensional and can't really go past a man. Takes his time on the ball. You have to be very very good to do that.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bright Osayi Samuel on 16:19 - Jun 8 with 1423 viewsHanwellHoopster

Bright Osayi Samuel on 16:05 - Jun 8 by WestbourneR

I might be one of the few that fears Chair is plateauing. He's quite one dimensional and can't really go past a man. Takes his time on the ball. You have to be very very good to do that.

Yep, I wouldn't be sad if we sold him for some decent money.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 16:30 - Jun 8 with 1394 viewskarl

Bright Osayi Samuel on 16:05 - Jun 8 by WestbourneR

I think this season he needs to keep developing to enable him to get to the level required to be top league player.
Going with Morocco and having the end of season break will hopefully see him recharged and ready to build on his skillset, he's had a big jump from Lge 1 to the first part of last season being the player most looked at for a spark in the game. I actually thought in the 2nd part he was a little disappointed not to be so important a player but I'm probably looking too deep into that.
If he comes back refreshed and working hard he'll do fine and hopefully adds more tempo to his overall game. Morocco might not add that given the temperatures they have to play in but there could be other skills added from that experience
Bright Osayi Samuel on 17:09 - Jun 8 with 1322 viewsPhilmyRs

Bright Osayi Samuel on 14:47 - Jun 8 by johncharles

You don’t think Bright developed as a player from the first day he arrived with us to when he left?

Yep, champions league club offering good money for you, getting a decent move to a top Turkish club, plus our own efforts to try and get him on a much improved deal suggests he did develop, arguably at a much quicker rate than the club expected. Unbelievably harsh to suggest otherwise.
Bright Osayi Samuel on 20:12 - Jun 8 with 1171 viewsnumptydumpty

Liked him a lot.

Found it strange he not take up the Belgian club offer and thought move to top Turkish club with CL history and ambitions, its a step up from ourselves so you could not blame the guy.

Probably got a decent wage packet too. He tried and he not quite up to that level but can't criticise him for giving it a go.

Probably still ambitious so am thinking he should return to a top half championship club.

Here no doubt he be bit further down pecking order unless he adds more if a team player ethic to his game.

Always felt he needed to beat 19 players three times each and then blast a wonder strike.

The game away at Birmingham he had threatened all game to do that. That day his performance was outstanding.

I personally felt at the time he would really kick on big time from there and many on here felt he could have outshone Eze going forwards.

Hindsight now people may say different but it was quite a widespread viewpoint at time.

Think Eze leaving affected his game.

Much the same way Austin returning massively sharpened up Dykes.

But couldn't see him back here ie different team, new players and formation currently hard see him excelling or simply getting sub appearances so very much doubt that would ever happen.

Could definitely see him return to a potential rival maybe Sheffield United who need totally rebuild.

Will be interesting see how he goes and what kind player he returns as.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 20:14]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:33 - Jun 8 with 1072 viewsGloryHunter

How do we know Bright is unhappy in Turkey?
Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:45 - Jun 8 with 1036 viewsTacticalR

Bright Osayi Samuel on 21:33 - Jun 8 by GloryHunter

How do we know Bright is unhappy in Turkey?

Somebody must have talked to his therapist.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024