Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 17:52 - Jun 6 with 2946 viewsBoston

...has scored for Scotland.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes on 17:54 - Jun 6 with 2929 viewsmikeygunn

It says Adams on my app that I use. Dykes assist.
Dykes on 17:56 - Jun 6 with 2886 viewsdmm

Dykes assist, Adams scored. Dykes has hit the post.
Dykes on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 2881 viewsMaggsinho

Yep, Adams from a Dykes assist. He had also hit the post with a header and been pulled down when one on one with the keeper leading to a red card so an eventful first half for him.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 18:01]
Dykes on 17:59 - Jun 6 with 2861 viewsdanehoop

Adds a little bit more to the price for any clubs looking on

Never knowingly understood

Dykes on 18:04 - Jun 6 with 2819 viewsBoston

Thank you, just looked it up and you are correct. The pundit who informed me of Dykes achievement, Mrs Boston, has not accepted any blame regarding misinformation, rather a flippant 'so' type reaction to my attempt at correction.

Dykes on 18:27 - Jun 6 with 2670 viewsbollockchops

thats it im supporting scotland this summer
Dykes on 21:36 - Jun 6 with 2165 viewsLythamR

Dykes on 17:57 - Jun 6 by Maggsinho

Yep, Adams from a Dykes assist. He had also hit the post with a header and been pulled down when one on one with the keeper leading to a red card so an eventful first half for him.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 18:01]

Dykes had one in the net in second half but disallowed and he should have had one but headed 2 opportunities just wide, played well overall. playing in a team with both Tierney and Robertson pumping in crosses cant do him any harm
Dykes on 22:20 - Jun 6 with 2005 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dykes on 18:04 - Jun 6 by Boston

Thank you, just looked it up and you are correct. The pundit who informed me of Dykes achievement, Mrs Boston, has not accepted any blame regarding misinformation, rather a flippant 'so' type reaction to my attempt at correction.

At least she's trying. Mine would assume that we're having a conversation about LGBTQ+.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 00:21 - Jun 7 with 1827 viewsTacticalR

Premature celebration. It can happen to anyone.

Air hostess clique

Dykes on 00:55 - Jun 7 with 1779 viewsBoston

Dykes on 00:21 - Jun 7 by TacticalR

Relax.

Dykes on 06:55 - Jun 7 with 1602 viewsstevec

Dykes on 18:27 - Jun 6 by bollockchops

thats it im supporting scotland this summer

Normally enjoy watching the Scots get beaten but, such is my detachment these days from the upper echelon of football, I’ll be quietly willing them on when Dykes is out there.
Dykes on 11:19 - Jun 8 with 1074 viewskarl

Played well in both the friendlies, certainly should have scored twice with headers v Luxembourg albeit unlucky with the one off the post as it was difficult.
Purely from a Scottish angle his partnership with Adams is more interesting as its going away from the qualifying set up we used having either Christie or Fraser coming from deep to support him, Adams being there is more like when he was playing with Charlie as a conventional 2 up front.
Both Adams and Dykes are grafters so not like Scotland are losing defensive cover and so far they've been good but there's still some improvement in their joint play to come.
I think Clarke will play both against Czechs, as imo that's our must win game, with the probability that Dykes starts v England and Christie replacing Adams. Fraser not ready for 90 mins I'd imagine so impact sub for him.
Lyndon has become a huge part of set piece defence so I think he'll start every game and get replaced as the game takes shape or result demands?
The performance against Netherlands and confidence in the Luxembourg game mean we should approach Czechs with a winning attitude, excited by Dykes and Adams as they give us an attacking edge we haven't had since the 90s really, I think there could be a game they play together really well and Dykes will be noticed then but importantly it may highlight his need for a partner and the liklihood is that the clubs interested in him might not be able to accommodate that formation?
In terms of playing England, if we lose or draw with Czechs, then I hope we do play both against them and see how Lyndon copes, Adams has pace and experience against these players but Dykes needs to keep calm and not try being over physical as it will probably back fire on him, be strong in possession and he'll draw fouls but try being the hard man and I could see that playing into England hands.
Interesting times
Dykes on 11:20 - Jun 8 with 1067 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dykes on 11:19 - Jun 8 by karl

Played well in both the friendlies, certainly should have scored twice with headers v Luxembourg albeit unlucky with the one off the post as it was difficult.
Purely from a Scottish angle his partnership with Adams is more interesting as its going away from the qualifying set up we used having either Christie or Fraser coming from deep to support him, Adams being there is more like when he was playing with Charlie as a conventional 2 up front.
Both Adams and Dykes are grafters so not like Scotland are losing defensive cover and so far they've been good but there's still some improvement in their joint play to come.
I think Clarke will play both against Czechs, as imo that's our must win game, with the probability that Dykes starts v England and Christie replacing Adams. Fraser not ready for 90 mins I'd imagine so impact sub for him.
Lyndon has become a huge part of set piece defence so I think he'll start every game and get replaced as the game takes shape or result demands?
The performance against Netherlands and confidence in the Luxembourg game mean we should approach Czechs with a winning attitude, excited by Dykes and Adams as they give us an attacking edge we haven't had since the 90s really, I think there could be a game they play together really well and Dykes will be noticed then but importantly it may highlight his need for a partner and the liklihood is that the clubs interested in him might not be able to accommodate that formation?
In terms of playing England, if we lose or draw with Czechs, then I hope we do play both against them and see how Lyndon copes, Adams has pace and experience against these players but Dykes needs to keep calm and not try being over physical as it will probably back fire on him, be strong in possession and he'll draw fouls but try being the hard man and I could see that playing into England hands.
Interesting times

What do Scotland fans think of him Karl? Is he popular?
Dykes on 11:33 - Jun 8 with 1041 viewskarl

Dykes on 11:20 - Jun 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

What do Scotland fans think of him Karl? Is he popular?

Unfortunately no one has been to games since he's started so don't get the talk in the ground about him but among those I speak to in Orkney he's well regarded and definitely a starter in every game.
Lack of goals isn't an issue but that would be only draw back if the team stop scoring.
Importantly he isn't aligned to either of the Old Firm as that raises its head as soon as someone loses a bit of form so his popularity will sustain a dip in performance.
Also now with Adams we won't have to play him every single minute so if there is a dip he can be rested, before the only viable straight swap was Ollie McBurnie and he isn't very popular. Crap and a Glasgow Rangers fan!!
Dykes on 15:53 - Jun 8 with 861 viewsdezzar

Dykes on 00:21 - Jun 7 by TacticalR

Premature Jock Elation

I,ll get me coat
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 19:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024