Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a Joke 13:41 - Jun 9 with 2962 viewsDWQPR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57414151

The 'big six' find £20million between them for bringing the game into total disrepute and showing their absolute contempt for the rest of the football pyramid. In contrast to a small club that showed ambition to try and establish themselves as cannon fodder in the top league gets the same fine after some of it was commuted if the owners converted the debts to equity. £3.33million per club is absolutely nothing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

What a Joke on 13:45 - Jun 9 with 2940 viewsKonk

Ouch. Chelsea and Man City are gonna struggle to find that sort of money. Hopefully UEFA will let them pay it off a fiver a week.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

What a Joke on 13:58 - Jun 9 with 2867 viewsStanisgod

What a Joke on 13:45 - Jun 9 by Konk

Ouch. Chelsea and Man City are gonna struggle to find that sort of money. Hopefully UEFA will let them pay it off a fiver a week.

Come on guys, have a heart. We could do a bucket collection or two for the Scum. 😬

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

What a Joke on 13:58 - Jun 9 with 2865 viewsstowmarketrange

Did anybody really expect anything different?For all the brave talk beforehand about points deductions or throwing them out of the league.it was never going to happen.
The big 6 can do exactly what they want to do as they own the ball in the first place.We ought to bow down to them for even allowing us to play in their league.
UEFA are the same,because the big clubs are too valuable to them to really punish the clubs properly.
The tail has been wagging the dog ever since the introduction of the premier league and champions league.And the tail is getting bigger and slowly strangling the dog now.It has to be the time to cut the tail off and see if it can survive on its own.The dog will survive without the tail,but not the other way round.

It will only get worse in the future as the big clubs will get even more powerful at the expense of the rest.
What a Joke on 14:12 - Jun 9 with 2802 viewsToast_R

A European ban and a £20 million fine would be far more sufficient but we all know UEFA are just as bad, the only reason they're pissed is because they didn't think of it first.
What a Joke on 14:47 - Jun 9 with 2668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My worry was that the existing rules did not have specific penalties written in (which makes them worthless), and that the FA would not move quickly to introduce specific penalties to stop repeat offences - does anyone know if they have?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What a Joke on 16:00 - Jun 9 with 2501 viewsdavman

What a Joke on 14:12 - Jun 9 by Toast_R

A European ban and a £20 million fine would be far more sufficient but we all know UEFA are just as bad, the only reason they're pissed is because they didn't think of it first.

Agree completely on the European ban - two years minimum.

The money angle simply is irrelevant then. They will lose out on prize money and may not attract players for those years.

But UEFA believe they need them in order to not "devalue" their competition.

As always shambolic from the authorities who are running scared of these big boys.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What a Joke on 16:06 - Jun 9 with 2485 viewsWatfordR

What a Joke on 14:47 - Jun 9 by BrianMcCarthy

My worry was that the existing rules did not have specific penalties written in (which makes them worthless), and that the FA would not move quickly to introduce specific penalties to stop repeat offences - does anyone know if they have?

Last I saw (I think) was something along the lines of updating the rules to say "Don't anyone ever think of doing such a thing ever again. Or we will punish you. Harshly."

You know, the sort of thing that obviously deters anyone thinking about ever doing such a thing again.

I mean, there is a precedent....

[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 16:07]
What a Joke on 16:16 - Jun 9 with 2442 viewsWokingR

What a Joke on 13:58 - Jun 9 by Stanisgod

Come on guys, have a heart. We could do a bucket collection or two for the Scum. 😬

I'd definitely fill it !
Login to get fewer ads

What a Joke on 16:39 - Jun 9 with 2379 viewskingsburyR

I think its a bloody disgrace we got out of it without a fine or points deduction.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What a Joke on 17:00 - Jun 9 with 2337 viewsdenhamhoop2

How will they be able to pay 3.66 M each thats nearly 3 months wages for one of their players what happened to the ability to pay when punishing clubs for breaking the rules. QPR for extracting the urine over FPP got double what these 6 clubs get between them. So buying your way into the top table is wrong but to end the Football Pyramid and how football works in this country is a bit of an indiscretion League needs to hang its head in shame still it has it's 30 pieces of silver
What a Joke on 17:40 - Jun 9 with 2233 viewsMick_S

What a Joke on 16:16 - Jun 9 by WokingR

I'd definitely fill it !

I’m in!!!!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What a Joke on 17:53 - Jun 9 with 2196 viewsPaddyhoops

What a Joke on 13:58 - Jun 9 by Stanisgod

Oh and I don't know. Those two champions league must have cost a billion each! They don't come cheap.
What a Joke on 19:25 - Jun 9 with 2042 viewsdaveB

if they try again it's a 30 point deduction and a 20million fine
What a Joke on 21:13 - Jun 9 with 1900 viewshamptonhillhoop

It's also barely being reported. You have to scroll down quite a way on the BBC sports page and it's about 6th on the sky sports page, bearing in mind they'll report anything. It's as if everyone just wants it to go away
What a Joke on 23:50 - Jun 9 with 1761 viewsLoftgirl

Where did they find £20 million? Down the back of the sofa I presume.
What a Joke on 08:19 - Jun 10 with 1666 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a Joke on 19:25 - Jun 9 by daveB

if they try again it's a 30 point deduction and a 20million fine

Well, that's encouraging at least Dave.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What a Joke on 08:24 - Jun 10 with 1661 viewsstevec

What a Joke on 08:19 - Jun 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, that's encouraging at least Dave.

They were probably talking about us.
What a Joke on 10:02 - Jun 10 with 1559 viewsTheChef

This is just the kind of typical WUM decision the powers that be make (in football or anything else you can think of), just to get everyone's knickers in twist.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024