Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balloon flight 16:34 - Jun 15 with 1676 viewsstowmarketrange

My son bought me a balloon flight for my 60th last September,and tomorrow is the day it’s taking place.Has anyone done one before?I’ve been told that it’s so peaceful and relaxing,but I guess not for someone with Acrophobia.Is it too late to buy a parachute from Amazon?
It’s been nice to converse with you all over the years,and I hope there is still a few more posts left inside me in the future.
Balloon flight on 17:14 - Jun 15 with 1607 viewsdanehoop

As long as its a nice day and no thunder, lightning or heavy winds it will be fine.

"Met Office warnings issued for
Suffolk
Yellow warning of thunderstorms
Updated 15 June at 09:53 BST
From
18:00 BST on Wed 16 June
To
23:59 BST on Thu 17 June
Some places are likely to see thunderstorms later Wednesday through to Friday with the potential for travel disruption and flooding."

Happy Birthday!
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 17:15]

Never knowingly understood

Balloon flight on 17:20 - Jun 15 with 1596 viewsHayesender

Balloon flight on 17:14 - Jun 15 by danehoop

As long as its a nice day and no thunder, lightning or heavy winds it will be fine.

Suffolk
From
To
Some places are likely to see thunderstorms later Wednesday through to Friday with the potential for travel disruption and flooding."

Happy Birthday!

Well thats made him feel better

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Balloon flight on 17:26 - Jun 15 with 1590 viewsstowmarketrange

Balloon flight on 17:14 - Jun 15 by danehoop

Suffolk
From
To

Happy Birthday!

Lucky I’m going at 6am then rather than 6pm.Cheers for the forecast.
Balloon flight on 17:30 - Jun 15 with 1576 viewsdanehoop

You will have a brilliant time - I'm jealous!

Never knowingly understood

Balloon flight on 17:33 - Jun 15 with 1569 viewsstowmarketrange

Balloon flight on 17:30 - Jun 15 by danehoop

You will have a brilliant time - I'm jealous!

If you can get to Eye in Suffolk by 6am tomorrow morning you won’t be jealous.Only joking as I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when it’s all over.
Balloon flight on 18:24 - Jun 15 with 1505 viewsBoston

Balloon flight on 17:33 - Jun 15 by stowmarketrange

If you can get to Eye in Suffolk by 6am tomorrow morning you won’t be jealous.Only joking as I’m sure I’ll enjoy it when it’s all over.

Oh the humanity!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Balloon flight on 19:03 - Jun 15 with 1447 viewsloftus77

Did one over Hertfordshire many moons ago - beautiful, glorious and tranquil in flight - but watch the landing - always bumpier and more dramatic than you think, because the basket tips over as you land (rather than coming straight down vertically) so you are on your side after dragging across a field with a few big bumps. At least we were - maybe we had a bad pilot - but he was South African and seemed to know his stuff.
Balloon flight on 20:00 - Jun 15 with 1369 viewsToast_R

Mate of mine did a Wing Walk with his dad for his dads 70th last month. Really enjoyed it. That where your strapped standing to the top of a plane while it fannies about in the sky a bit.
Login to get fewer ads

Balloon flight on 20:08 - Jun 15 with 1353 viewsflynnbo

Booked one for my then girlfriend and me back in the mid nineties. However, as the day approached, I rediscovered my fear of heights and sent my mum up instead-she was nearly 70 at the time. They both thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I had some good photos.
Balloon flight on 20:23 - Jun 15 with 1316 viewsStanisgod

Done two, absolutely brilliant if you get the weather.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Balloon flight on 20:35 - Jun 15 with 1299 viewsKiwi76

Hope weather was kind to you. Great experience & have done a couple that were both great but very different. Really quiet with burners off & can just enjoy the view.
Balloon flight on 20:51 - Jun 15 with 1269 viewsBlackCrowe

Done one, loved it, felt completely safe.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Balloon flight on 20:59 - Jun 15 with 1259 viewsMoonshineSteve

I did one and fell out and died a horrible death. Be careful.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Balloon flight on 23:00 - Jun 15 with 1127 viewsGuppy

Enjoy it - I've done a couple and it is how you've been told safe tranquil etc. The landing can be as described above as bumpy but think it depends on wind as I've had both types. I felt so safe doing I even got my late nan a trip for her eightyth birthday (she's not late because of it I add!!)
Balloon flight on 11:15 - Jun 16 with 975 viewsstowmarketrange

Balloon flight on 23:00 - Jun 15 by Guppy

Enjoy it - I've done a couple and it is how you've been told safe tranquil etc. The landing can be as described above as bumpy but think it depends on wind as I've had both types. I felt so safe doing I even got my late nan a trip for her eightyth birthday (she's not late because of it I add!!)

I’m not sure it was enjoyable,especially when he kept mentioning that we were 1700ft up,but we didn’t stay at that height for all the flight,so it wasn’t too bad.
Not something I would be in a rush to do again,but each to their own I guess.I think it was hard work packing it all away again afterwards,but there was enough fit people to do it all reasonably quickly.
Balloon flight on 12:16 - Jun 16 with 916 viewsDavieQPR

Was going to book one but can't afford it with inflation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024