Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen 11:33 - Jul 21 with 28434 viewsonlyrinmoray

How long is this taking surely Fulham have made up their mind whether they want him and whether we want him /can afford him Not long till the season starts
Johansen on 14:56 - Jul 24 with 3284 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great news
Johansen on 15:06 - Jul 24 with 3157 viewsbosh67

First interview

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/stefan-johansen-joins-on-a-permanent-dea

Apparently he's been here since May but hiding in a cupboard so they could announce it today! :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Johansen on 15:08 - Jul 24 with 3117 viewsMedwayR

Johansen on 14:56 - Jul 24 by NorthantsHoop

Great news

That'll be the training ground delayed then

Poll: Who’s better?

Johansen on 15:20 - Jul 24 with 3016 viewsAntti_Heinola

Huge signing, couldn't be happier with our business this summer.

But I also don;t want to get carried away. Yes we were good second half of last season, but also a lot of those results *could* have gone the other way. This is a very, very hard league and if we're to replicate anything like that form over a whole season, it will be an incredible achievement.

For me, 6th would be unbelievable, but still think even that will be very, very tough (but it's what we should be aiming for, obvs).

Bare bones.

Johansen on 15:46 - Jul 24 with 2892 viewsCiderwithRsie

Johansen on 15:20 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

But I also don;t want to get carried away. Yes we were good second half of last season, but also a lot of those results *could* have gone the other way. This is a very, very hard league and if we're to replicate anything like that form over a whole season, it will be an incredible achievement.

For me, 6th would be unbelievable, but still think even that will be very, very tough (but it's what we should be aiming for, obvs).

Yes to all that, but don't underestimate the advantage of most of our key signings having got half a season of playing alongside each other under their belts.
Johansen on 19:44 - Jul 24 with 2520 viewsDevon_4_England

Well I never.

Well done to the club for getting this one over the line.
Johansen on 23:18 - Jul 25 with 2158 viewsenfieldargh

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/farewell-stefan-johansen-fulhams-unstinti

Good review of his time with Fulham. Cant believe they let him go

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Johansen on 23:52 - Jul 25 with 2082 viewsHooparoo

Johansen on 23:18 - Jul 25 by enfieldargh

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/07/farewell-stefan-johansen-fulhams-unstinti

Thanks for sharing. I think we may have pulled off a coup with this one. He’s the real deal both on and off the park.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Johansen on 09:49 - Jul 26 with 1944 viewsrsonist

Johansen on 12:01 - Jul 21 by dmm

You're right, of course, but I get the impression Amos is still some way off from being ready. I'm not even sure he's in full preseason training. Then it'll take time for him to get back to being close to the form he showed before his ACL injury. All in all, I'm not expecting him to feature until September at the earliest.

Johansen on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 1912 viewsdaveB

Johansen on 15:20 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

It feels good to go into a season hoping and expecting to be in the top half of the table, been quite a while since that happened. We certainly have it in us for a top 6 finish but as ever luck and injuries play a big part in this league plus the window is still open so still a chance we might lose one or two of our better players.

Overall though I am very excited about this season and this team, over the years our best teams have usually been built over 2/3 years and it does feel like we are in that cycle again.
Johansen on 10:14 - Jul 26 with 1859 views80s_Boy

Johansen on 09:54 - Jul 26 by daveB

It feels good to go into a season hoping and expecting to be in the top half of the table, been quite a while since that happened. We certainly have it in us for a top 6 finish but as ever luck and injuries play a big part in this league plus the window is still open so still a chance we might lose one or two of our better players.

Overall though I am very excited about this season and this team, over the years our best teams have usually been built over 2/3 years and it does feel like we are in that cycle again.

We certainly have a squad who, if everything luck and injury wise goes our way, ​are genuine play-off contenders.

it doesn't feel like a make or break season either but the start/continuation of something.
Johansen on 10:36 - Jul 26 with 1793 viewsderbyhoop

Johansen on 09:54 - Jul 26 by daveB

I'm with you on this.
Given the way we performed in the 2nd half of last season, a top 6 place is not unrealistic.
All 4 of the loanees have now been made permanent; Johansen was a key signing; we have added Dozzell, Dunne and McCallum, so ought to be even stronger.
However, it wouldn't take too many injuries or, even, transfers out to key personnel to blow us off track. The transfer window is still open allowing those clubs with money, i.e. the 3 relegated clubs, to make signings. Warbs also talked about sending players out on loan, e.g. Welsh, Masterson and Bettache.
I'm not a big advocate for the 3 relegated clubs to bounce straight back. It's a rarity when it happens, like last year, but none look in great shape. So you're then looking at which Championship sides from last year will be significantly better this time. My answer would be not many.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Johansen on 11:34 - Jul 26 with 1660 viewsdaveB

Johansen on 10:36 - Jul 26 by derbyhoop

I'm with you on this.
Given the way we performed in the 2nd half of last season, a top 6 place is not unrealistic.
All 4 of the loanees have now been made permanent; Johansen was a key signing; we have added Dozzell, Dunne and McCallum, so ought to be even stronger.
However, it wouldn't take too many injuries or, even, transfers out to key personnel to blow us off track. The transfer window is still open allowing those clubs with money, i.e. the 3 relegated clubs, to make signings. Warbs also talked about sending players out on loan, e.g. Welsh, Masterson and Bettache.
I'm not a big advocate for the 3 relegated clubs to bounce straight back. It's a rarity when it happens, like last year, but none look in great shape. So you're then looking at which Championship sides from last year will be significantly better this time. My answer would be not many.

The 3 coming down will all be strong but don't think any of them are like Norwich and Watford last year in being a lot better than the rest. It's quite an open league this year
Johansen on 12:23 - Jul 26 with 1562 viewsBlackCrowe

I reckon the Blades will struggle to challenge for promotion, maybe even playoffs.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Johansen on 12:33 - Jul 26 with 1526 viewsWatfordR

Johansen on 10:36 - Jul 26 by derbyhoop

I'm with you on this.

Imo, it's hard to imagine any of the sides that finished above us in the Championship last season are likely to be better than us this year.
Johansen on 12:46 - Jul 26 with 1490 views100percent

Johansen on 23:18 - Jul 25 by enfieldargh

That's a really measured and brilliant appraisal of not only a fantastic football player but also a great human being. So happy to have him at our club - totally compliment each other.
One of the most exciting signings I can remember in the last 20 years or so.... or what I can remember of the last 20 years....
Johansen on 18:38 - Jul 26 with 1292 viewsrsonist

Johansen on 11:34 - Jul 26 by daveB

The 3 coming down will all be strong but don't think any of them are like Norwich and Watford last year in being a lot better than the rest. It's quite an open league this year

Amazing how much work some sides still have to cram in in the next five weeks until deadline. Mostly everyone else but us is stuck in treacle. Even if they do manage to get the bodies in - it's looking like an almighty late doors loan bunfight - how will they fare gelling on the job?

It's no wonder Warbs is emphasising a fast start - although to be fair our fixtures during that period are against clubs with their houses mostly in order.

I'd be very scared if I was a Forest fan right now in particular. This time for once they really actually do need half a team in, but it seems their whole summer has been reliant on someone buying Worrall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024