Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby League World Cup 10:37 - Jul 22 with 1756 viewsToast_R

That's f*cked then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57925720
Rugby League World Cup on 10:48 - Jul 22 with 1732 views80s_Boy

Am not a huge RL fan but its a sport that I enjoy watching and was looking forward to the WC which, surely, will have to be pushed back a year or cancelled now.

Was lucky enough to be at Wembley when we played NZ in the WC Semi-final in 2013 and it was a great occasion and, as far as I can tell, match.

Am hoping to see a few London Bronco matches at Plough Lane once they move in.
Rugby League World Cup on 11:23 - Jul 22 with 1692 viewsMrSheen

Rugby League World Cup on 10:48 - Jul 22 by 80s_Boy

Am not a huge RL fan but its a sport that I enjoy watching and was looking forward to the WC which, surely, will have to be pushed back a year or cancelled now.

Was lucky enough to be at Wembley when we played NZ in the WC Semi-final in 2013 and it was a great occasion and, as far as I can tell, match.

Am hoping to see a few London Bronco matches at Plough Lane once they move in.

I had a couple of quarter final tickets for Arsenal, disappointed but not surprised.
Rugby League World Cup on 11:23 - Jul 22 with 1690 viewsNorthernr

Just move it to next year. Ludicrous to be pressing ahead.
Rugby League World Cup on 11:52 - Jul 22 with 1645 viewsTheChef

Never mind, gives some one else a chance to win it

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rugby League World Cup on 11:57 - Jul 22 with 1633 viewsnadera78

The organisers can't afford to move it to next year, is the simple answer. All the money they've spent preparing for it, the extra costs of retaining staff and the rest for another year, the game just can't take that hit. Add in that the government has put a lot of money into this tournament, how can they turn around and say they're postponing it when every other sport is continuing regardless? That would honestly be the last time they ever got any kind of hearing or assistance from the government.

Besides which, this has nothing to do with covid. The NRL and the NRL clubs just don't want the tournament to take place. They hate international fixtures, especially ones they don't get to control. Their main complaint until now has been that players will miss some pre-season fixtures in 2022, it's pure BS. Literally every sport on the planet is doing everything it can to ensure tournaments take place, the NRL meanwhile actively seeks to damage anything outside its control whilst the clubs couldn't give a monkey's about anything outside their own suburbs.

What a sport!
Rugby League World Cup on 12:00 - Jul 22 with 1627 viewsToast_R

I'm amazed the Lions "tour" appears to be in tact to be honest. Covid is bad in South Africa so they've done away with the touring part and now everything is in Cape Town. Also Durban has been burning for the last week or so due to mass rioting and looting and military have been deployed.
Rugby League World Cup on 13:05 - Jul 22 with 1551 viewsPinnerPaul

Rugby League World Cup on 11:23 - Jul 22 by Northernr

Just move it to next year. Ludicrous to be pressing ahead.

Bit of crystal ball gazing/2nd guessing by them though?

It isn't until the Autumn, so to say its going to be 'unsafe' then doesn't carry any degree of certainty.
Rugby League World Cup on 13:48 - Jul 22 with 1478 viewsstowmarketrange

Rugby League World Cup on 12:00 - Jul 22 by Toast_R

I'm amazed the Lions "tour" appears to be in tact to be honest. Covid is bad in South Africa so they've done away with the touring part and now everything is in Cape Town. Also Durban has been burning for the last week or so due to mass rioting and looting and military have been deployed.

I’m glad I didn’t book the Lions tour now then.No Ashes tour and no rugby either.I think I’ll save my cash for QPR’s next European trip.
Login to get fewer ads

Rugby League World Cup on 13:51 - Jul 22 with 1476 viewsdenhamhoop2

Meaningless to have it without NRL players might just as well hand England the trophy now would be like having a World Cup without Brazil and Argentina.
Rugby League World Cup on 16:20 - Jul 22 with 1362 viewsPaddyhoops

The rumour is it was that the Australian NRL who put pressure on to not travel. Seems a bit odd with Australia and New Zealand Union teams travelling here in the autumn.
Shame as I love the international games!!
Rugby League World Cup on 17:04 - Jul 22 with 1310 viewsmakaveli1882

For some reason I booked this in lockdown and brought the opening match at St James's and final at Old Trafford, I thought it would be Australia v New Zealand in the final and bit of laugh, England could make final now, just to add I couldn't name one rugby league player.
Rugby League World Cup on 21:27 - Jul 22 with 1239 viewszizoustainrod

No guarantees that they will actually go ahead either though. I'm interested to see how the Covid situation develops in the UK over the next few months. It's been poorly managed by your government up till now. That doesn't look like changing any time soon.
Rugby League World Cup on 21:30 - Jul 22 with 1238 viewszizoustainrod

Rugby League World Cup on 21:27 - Jul 22 by zizoustainrod

No guarantees that they will actually go ahead either though. I'm interested to see how the Covid situation develops in the UK over the next few months. It's been poorly managed by your government up till now. That doesn't look like changing any time soon.

The rugby tours that is.
Rugby League World Cup on 22:34 - Jul 22 with 1218 viewsMrSheen

Rugby League World Cup on 16:20 - Jul 22 by Paddyhoops

The rumour is it was that the Australian NRL who put pressure on to not travel. Seems a bit odd with Australia and New Zealand Union teams travelling here in the autumn.
Shame as I love the international games!!

New Zealanders haven’t been home all year - even the Warriors have had to stay in Australia. Not surprised they want a break. Australians don’t give a toss about the international game, equally unsurprising but harder to forgive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024