Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPRs Team Now? 06:08 - Jul 27 with 3312 viewsDylanP

So, who are QPR's first team now, given all the changes, Jojo's return and the performance against Manure? I know, I know, this thread keeps coming back but I haven't seen one for a few days, so lets go again. Here is who I think should make up our first 11:

Goalie: Seny Dieng (easiest pick on the field)

Defensive line: Rob Dickie, Jordy De Wijs, Yoann Barbet

Wingbacks: Lee Wallace, Moses Odebejo

Midfield: Andre Dozzell, Stefan Johansen (I can’t believe there isn’t a spot for Ball, he is so good, but I would start with Dozzell and see how it goes)

Attack: Chris Willock, Ilias Chair, Charlie Austin (again bummed I cannot fit both Dykes and Austin at the same time, but I don’t know how you leave out either Chair or Willock. Also, Charlie won’t last 90 minutes, so Dykes will get plenty of time)

[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 7:01]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPRs Team Now? on 07:01 - Jul 27 with 3225 viewsdmm

It will definitely 3 at the back with wingbacks, but Warburton will alternate between 1 and 2 up top. So basically what we saw in the second half of last season.

Your selection may well be used at times but I wouldn't rule Ball out of the starting 11 just yet as he may be preferred to Dozzell in some games.

I think Austin can last a bit more than 9 minutes...
QPRs Team Now? on 07:40 - Jul 27 with 3128 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

I think we have enough strength in depth now (until injuries/suspensions kick in) to chop and change it depending on the opponent. Similar to what Southgate did at the Euros.
The beauty of the Johansen signing is we can play him on his own allowing both Chair/Willock and Austin/Dykes to start.
Assuming Moses and Wallace start, we still have McCallum and Kakay to come in, especially on these Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday weeks.
For the Millwall game I've got, 3-5-2:
Dieng
Dickie De Wijs Barbet
Odubajo Chair Johansen Willock Wallace (With Chair and Willock more advanced)
Dykes Austin
QPRs Team Now? on 07:59 - Jul 27 with 3077 viewsenfieldargh

QPRs Team Now? on 07:40 - Jul 27 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I think we have enough strength in depth now (until injuries/suspensions kick in) to chop and change it depending on the opponent. Similar to what Southgate did at the Euros.
The beauty of the Johansen signing is we can play him on his own allowing both Chair/Willock and Austin/Dykes to start.
Assuming Moses and Wallace start, we still have McCallum and Kakay to come in, especially on these Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday weeks.
Dieng
Dickie De Wijs Barbet
Dykes Austin

Dunne defo on the bench as Millwall will come to rough us up.(On and off the pitch)

Think Dom Ball needs to start especially for this game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPRs Team Now? on 08:20 - Jul 27 with 3018 viewsHooparoo

QPRs Team Now? on 07:59 - Jul 27 by enfieldargh

Dunne defo on the bench as Millwall will come to rough us up.(On and off the pitch)

Think Dom Ball needs to start especially for this game

Isn’t it lovely to have creditable alternatives and difficult selection decisions for every position?Haven’t been able to say that for a while 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

QPRs Team Now? on 08:57 - Jul 27 with 2917 viewsMyke

I think (assuming Moses proves his fitness) the only real issue is who partners Johansen in the middle of the park. Clive made the point during his match report that we are very top heavy on the left hand side. We need to address that so that (a) we have enough bodies in the box to ensure that Wallace's/Willock's crosses have people on the end of them and (b) that Moses/Kakay don't get over-loaded on the right.
I think Dunne/McCallum/Kakay will play a lot of games with (barring injury) Dickie and Barbet being the mainstay of our defence again.
The nucleus of the side (6/7 players) will pick themselves for most games with the others being rotated depending on opposition, home/away and density of fixture list at any given time , plus the usual injuries/suspensions.
QPRs Team Now? on 09:23 - Jul 27 with 2850 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sign of the times that no-one is suggesting Bettache as a starter.

Time was when after a display like Saturday's we'd all be screaming for him to be in the side. As it is, if Field was fit I think we'd be looking for a really good loan for him.

Either way I can see him as a regular in a year or two.
QPRs Team Now? on 09:24 - Jul 27 with 2843 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ball was excellent too, I can see him getting the nod against some of the more physical sides. Might be a good move to start him alongside Johansen tonight.
QPRs Team Now? on 10:02 - Jul 27 with 2698 viewsfrancisbowles

Dieng
Dickie De Wijs Barbet
Dykes Austin

When we played with the four attackers (CA, LD, CW & IC last season) and left out Field, we tended to struggle and get overrun in midfield. It may be better with Odubajo but we will still need to win the midfield battle and will need a more solid line up for many games.
Login to get fewer ads

QPRs Team Now? on 10:02 - Jul 27 with 2696 viewsMyke

QPRs Team Now? on 09:24 - Jul 27 by CiderwithRsie

Ball was excellent too, I can see him getting the nod against some of the more physical sides. Might be a good move to start him alongside Johansen tonight.

I suppose with Millwall or any of the more physical sides, you have to ask do we want to try and match their physicality or do we want to impose our own style of play?
QPRs Team Now? on 10:29 - Jul 27 with 2610 viewsBazzeR

QPRs Team Now? on 08:57 - Jul 27 by Myke

I think (assuming Moses proves his fitness) the only real issue is who partners Johansen in the middle of the park. Clive made the point during his match report that we are very top heavy on the left hand side. We need to address that so that (a) we have enough bodies in the box to ensure that Wallace's/Willock's crosses have people on the end of them and (b) that Moses/Kakay don't get over-loaded on the right.
I think Dunne/McCallum/Kakay will play a lot of games with (barring injury) Dickie and Barbet being the mainstay of our defence again.
The nucleus of the side (6/7 players) will pick themselves for most games with the others being rotated depending on opposition, home/away and density of fixture list at any given time , plus the usual injuries/suspensions.

Won’t we always leave hectares of space by playing 3 C/B with no real pace and attacking minded wing backs ?
QPRs Team Now? on 11:14 - Jul 27 with 2524 viewsQPROslo

QPRs Team Now? on 10:29 - Jul 27 by BazzeR

Won’t we always leave hectares of space by playing 3 C/B with no real pace and attacking minded wing backs ?

Yes. We need a covering, holding defensive midfielder there to help cover that space. Field is likely to be a big loss the next few months. As far as I know Ball is the only alternative there. Dozzell looked more the Carroll replacement in that ManU game, and Bettache looks more of an attacking midfielder to me.
QPRs Team Now? on 12:50 - Jul 27 with 2390 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

QPRs Team Now? on 10:02 - Jul 27 by francisbowles

When we played with the four attackers (CA, LD, CW & IC last season) and left out Field, we tended to struggle and get overrun in midfield. It may be better with Odubajo but we will still need to win the midfield battle and will need a more solid line up for many games.

We did at times but other times we created so many chances and scored goals at will.
I think it will be a difference between a "home" team (1 CM) and an "away" team (2 CM). Shame about Field because he is the perfect partner for Johansen. Ball/Dozzell could fit the bill. Certainly a good problem to have!
QPRs Team Now? on 13:18 - Jul 27 with 2322 viewshantssi

And no ones even mentioned we also have Amos to come back!
It looks potentially that him and Field may be available at about the same time.
QPRs Team Now? on 13:23 - Jul 27 with 2304 viewsrobith

Think we'll probably alternate 352 and 343, personnel dependant on who we're playing
QPRs Team Now? on 15:56 - Jul 27 with 2202 viewsCiderwithRsie

QPRs Team Now? on 10:02 - Jul 27 by Myke

I suppose with Millwall or any of the more physical sides, you have to ask do we want to try and match their physicality or do we want to impose our own style of play?

Thing is, Ball was playing decent football on Saturday. Along with Johansen I think he could outplay the likes of Millwall in the centre and match them physically. It's not about being sucked into their style, but about stopping them from stopping us playing.

Similarly, Willock looks physically stronger than last season and won't be easy to knock off the ball.

Anyway, in Warburton We Trust!
QPRs Team Now? on 16:42 - Jul 27 with 2122 viewsrobith

QPRs Team Now? on 10:02 - Jul 27 by Myke

Didn't this sting us at the end of last season though? Swear we picked our most bastard team for MIllwall and were all at sea as they kept it on the deck?
QPRs Team Now? on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 2085 viewsRBlock

QPRs Team Now? on 10:02 - Jul 27 by francisbowles

We dominated both Luton and Stoke with that team, Johansen holding and Chair, Willock, Dykes, Austin just causing mayhem in front of them.

Think we'll rotate depending on fitness, opposition, etc, but lovely to have all these options. Dozzell, Ball, a 2nd season Thomas, Field I'm a few months. What a position to be in though.
QPRs Team Now? on 17:58 - Jul 27 with 2039 viewsstrikerace

Dieng
Dickie De Wijs Barbet
Dykes Austin

"For the Millwall game I've got, 3-5-2:
Dieng
Dickie De Wijs Barbet
Dykes Austin "

This line up for me too please
QPRs Team Now? on 12:57 - Jul 28 with 1766 viewsfrancisbowles

QPRs Team Now? on 16:42 - Jul 27 by robith

Didn't this sting us at the end of last season though? Swear we picked our most bastard team for MIllwall and were all at sea as they kept it on the deck?

Millwall weren't their traditional 'style' last season.
QPRs Team Now? on 13:52 - Jul 28 with 1663 viewsMyke

QPRs Team Now? on 17:58 - Jul 27 by strikerace

"For the Millwall game I've got, 3-5-2:
Dieng
Dickie De Wijs Barbet
Dykes Austin "

This line up for me too please

That's a huge ask to expect Johansen to hold the midfield together defensively on his own.He hasn't played any football for a couple of months so will need time to get back up to speed. Also with a question mark over Odubajo's fitness, I think we would be better off starting off with either Dozzell or Ball beside Jojo, at the expense or Willock/Austin/Dykes, and see how the game progresses.
QPRs Team Now? on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 1651 viewsdmm

QPRs Team Now? on 13:52 - Jul 28 by Myke

That's a huge ask to expect Johansen to hold the midfield together defensively on his own.He hasn't played any football for a couple of months so will need time to get back up to speed. Also with a question mark over Odubajo's fitness, I think we would be better off starting off with either Dozzell or Ball beside Jojo, at the expense or Willock/Austin/Dykes, and see how the game progresses.

I think you're right, Myke and I'd prefer Ball beside Johansen for the time being. Dozzell seems more of an 8/10 than a 6 and likes to push forward. Ball is happier to sit in front of the defence.

As Millwall are starting to be talked of as potential play off contenders lining up a little more conservatively against them would be prudent. We could always go for it later in the game if needed.
QPRs Team Now? on 14:49 - Jul 28 with 1583 viewsBazzeR

Listening to MW talking about Dozzell he explains how he snaps into tackles and has a good range of passing.

Ball is regularly guilty of giving the football away in dangerous areas when trying to complete simple passes.

In last nights game we conceded possession high up the pitch and it was Dozzell who showed a decent turn of pace to get back and try to win the ball back.

Dom Ball struggles to get around the pitch and has very little pace IMO.

This ones for you Gazza.
QPRs Team Now? on 15:18 - Jul 28 with 1545 viewsgazza1

QPRs Team Now? on 14:49 - Jul 28 by BazzeR

Listening to MW talking about Dozzell he explains how he snaps into tackles and has a good range of passing.

Ball is regularly guilty of giving the football away in dangerous areas when trying to complete simple passes.

In last nights game we conceded possession high up the pitch and it was Dozzell who showed a decent turn of pace to get back and try to win the ball back.

Dom Ball struggles to get around the pitch and has very little pace IMO.

This ones for you Gazza.

Thankyou Bazzer.....I believe that the Millwall starting line up will not be far from the starting line up for the Man Utd game but with SJ included somewhere. I recon 6, 7 or 8 players are certs to start.

But you know what, MW has sooooo many options available with such a good squad of players that 2 or 3 different players could be changed depending on how he thinks Millwall will play, how well the boys are doing in training and fitness.

We are in a good healthy position, for sure.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 15:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024