Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Small Time' QPR 11:37 - Jul 27 with 3448 viewsMyke

I see we have been branded 'small time' by the 'MUFC Latest' website for having the audacity to mock their team last saturday. They went on to say you would think QPR 'had won the Champions League'. Love it when we get under the skin of so-called 'big' clubs
'Small Time' QPR on 11:42 - Jul 27 with 2896 viewsDWQPR

I was reading a fair few comments on the Red Cafe as our goals were flooding in and apart from the usual excuses such as playing the kids, a week behind in the preparations etc, quite a few were complimentary one even suggested that if we were a championship side then we were the best one that they had seen in a long time.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

'Small Time' QPR on 11:50 - Jul 27 with 2851 views80s_Boy

'Small Time' QPR on 11:42 - Jul 27 by DWQPR

I was reading a fair few comments on the Red Cafe as our goals were flooding in and apart from the usual excuses such as playing the kids, a week behind in the preparations etc, quite a few were complimentary one even suggested that if we were a championship side then we were the best one that they had seen in a long time.

The two real Man Utd supporters I know were also very complimentary about us and the win too.

Also, can't agree with Myke to some extent. The way we celebrated was almost on par with the way we celebrated the friendly win against Chelsea when Leroy Griffin scored. If you're a fan of those clubs it will look as if our benchmark for success is set rather low and it will appear odd to see us celebrate a win in a friendly match in such a manner.

It's not that they're being big headed or belittling but because they can't relate to what it means to a club like us. Cast your mind back just a few weeks and how Scotland were celebrating a 0-0 and how we felt as England fans and you'll get the picture.
'Small Time' QPR on 11:59 - Jul 27 with 2806 viewsPunteR

'Small Time' QPR on 11:50 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

The two real Man Utd supporters I know were also very complimentary about us and the win too.

Also, can't agree with Myke to some extent. The way we celebrated was almost on par with the way we celebrated the friendly win against Chelsea when Leroy Griffin scored. If you're a fan of those clubs it will look as if our benchmark for success is set rather low and it will appear odd to see us celebrate a win in a friendly match in such a manner.

It's not that they're being big headed or belittling but because they can't relate to what it means to a club like us. Cast your mind back just a few weeks and how Scotland were celebrating a 0-0 and how we felt as England fans and you'll get the picture.

Difference being we actually beat man u 4-2 and not draw 0-0. . Thats a big difference.
Man u celebrated their first goal like it meant something.

Also , take into account the fans all being back at football for the first time in months, so to try and call us small time because we celebrated shows the level of bitternes to losing, which in itself IS small time.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 12:03]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

'Small Time' QPR on 12:02 - Jul 27 with 2777 views80s_Boy

'Small Time' QPR on 11:59 - Jul 27 by PunteR

Difference being we actually beat man u 4-2 and not draw 0-0. . Thats a big difference.
Man u celebrated their first goal like it meant something.

Also , take into account the fans all being back at football for the first time in months, so to try and call us small time because we celebrated shows the level of bitternes to losing, which in itself IS small time.

Difference being that the 0-0 was an important match and the 4-2 win was a friendly.

Not mocking anyone for celebrating - 20 years on and my memory is playing up but I swear I was on the pitch post Chelsea win in 2001 - but if you don't think that fans of more successful clubs would find it odd you're being naive.

Imagine if the Hampton and Richmond fans had wildly celebrated last week, there would be loads of piss taking comments on here. It's exactly the same.
'Small Time' QPR on 12:19 - Jul 27 with 2684 viewsGRDHoops

'Small Time' QPR on 11:50 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

I just think most of us were glad to be back at the football with the added element of enjoying something near to 'normal' for the first time in 17 months.

Anyway, when you score 3 goals in 5 minutes against a team most of us hate - the third goal a belter from a trialist - how can you not celebrate?! How often do we see QPR score from almost every attack? There was a cup match atmosphere & you get caught up in that.

It was the first time in a while I'd been to a pub, had a pint and a laugh with my friends who I'd barely seen in person since Birmingham at home in February 2020.

So when Lynden Dykes planted one past Lee Grant to make it 4-1, I celebrated that goal like it meant something. Because it did mean something. And that's what going to QPR is all about for me - a release from the stress & troubles of everyday life for a few hours.

And no matter what team they put out, how strong, weak, old, young they were - its still great to get one over Manchester United.
'Small Time' QPR on 12:21 - Jul 27 with 2677 viewsWatfordR

Maybe some of you lot are too young to remember, but back in the 70s, getting under the skin of the big boys was exactly what we were about, and I wondered if we’d ever see the day again.

I for one am delighted we’re taking the p1ss out of their over inflated egos. It’s more than time we rediscovered that attitude in my opinion. The club have worked hard to build things from the bottom up and in the right way, and if we get success as a result, we shouldn’t be shy of giving both barrels to teams who think they have a god given right to teams like us bowing before them.

If they didn’t want to give us the opportunity to humiliate them, they should have put a better team out. They did what they did, and they should suck it up as a result.

IMHO.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 12:24]
'Small Time' QPR on 12:34 - Jul 27 with 2598 views80s_Boy

'Small Time' QPR on 12:19 - Jul 27 by GRDHoops

I just think most of us were glad to be back at the football with the added element of enjoying something near to 'normal' for the first time in 17 months.

Anyway, when you score 3 goals in 5 minutes against a team most of us hate - the third goal a belter from a trialist - how can you not celebrate?! How often do we see QPR score from almost every attack? There was a cup match atmosphere & you get caught up in that.

It was the first time in a while I'd been to a pub, had a pint and a laugh with my friends who I'd barely seen in person since Birmingham at home in February 2020.

So when Lynden Dykes planted one past Lee Grant to make it 4-1, I celebrated that goal like it meant something. Because it did mean something. And that's what going to QPR is all about for me - a release from the stress & troubles of everyday life for a few hours.

And no matter what team they put out, how strong, weak, old, young they were - its still great to get one over Manchester United.

'So when Lynden Dykes planted one past Lee Grant to make it 4-1, I celebrated that goal like it meant something. Because it did mean something'

As I said, I understand that because I'm a QPR fan and know what the club has been through and how rare such days have been over the last 26 years.

What I am saying is nothing about that though. I'm just saying it's niave to think fans of clubs who celebrate league titles and European successes won't find celebrating a friendly win odd.

F uck them, of course, but it's nonsense that they are doing anything different to what we would have done in the 80s if Brentford invaded the pitch after beating us in a friendly.
'Small Time' QPR on 12:47 - Jul 27 with 2516 viewsWatfordR

'Small Time' QPR on 12:34 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

'So when Lynden Dykes planted one past Lee Grant to make it 4-1, I celebrated that goal like it meant something. Because it did mean something'

As I said, I understand that because I'm a QPR fan and know what the club has been through and how rare such days have been over the last 26 years.

What I am saying is nothing about that though. I'm just saying it's niave to think fans of clubs who celebrate league titles and European successes won't find celebrating a friendly win odd.

F uck them, of course, but it's nonsense that they are doing anything different to what we would have done in the 80s if Brentford invaded the pitch after beating us in a friendly.

Pretty sure if there’d been Twitter in the 80s and Brentford beat us in a friendly, everyone would be twittering about sacking our manager to have noticed their fans
Login to get fewer ads

'Small Time' QPR on 12:53 - Jul 27 with 2486 viewsqueensparker

I would wager that 99% of Man United fans on that site have never been to a real match, let alone a United game. They’re the FIFA playing, Twitter dwelling bantosaurs who watch the Champions League on illegal streams in their bedrooms and are “massive United fans”

Pay them no heed
'Small Time' QPR on 13:03 - Jul 27 with 2406 viewsdaveB

It didn't have the feel of a friendly due to the way both teams played with real intensity in the first half and also being back at a game for the first time in god knows how long the celebrations were always likely to be bigger than a usual friendly.
'Small Time' QPR on 13:29 - Jul 27 with 2282 viewsted_hendrix

QPR 4 Manchester United 2, date Saturday 24th July 2021.

Say's It all and that's all that matters to me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

'Small Time' QPR on 13:33 - Jul 27 with 2257 viewsMyke

'Small Time' QPR on 13:29 - Jul 27 by ted_hendrix

QPR 4 Manchester United 2, date Saturday 24th July 2021.

Say's It all and that's all that matters to me.

True Ted. Course the games in July 20 were much more significant. We could always pretend...
'Small Time' QPR on 13:37 - Jul 27 with 2218 viewsPaddyhoops

I'd have small time Qpr before Billy Big bollox Man utd any day.
I'd have our little shoebox before thier soulless decaying tourist attraction any day.
Surprised by the comments? Not really. Probably written by somebody in Hackney ,Dublin, malaysia or some other armchair stronghold!!
'Small Time' QPR on 13:43 - Jul 27 with 2190 viewsRangersw12

It's a modern football thing

You can't celebrate any win nowadays without bitter muppets saying its "tin pot" or "small Time" bla bla

Fck um tbh
'Small Time' QPR on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 2168 viewsLazyFan

They may say kids were playing, but we had some kids on too.
And what's more, we had a trialist score against them .. a trialist!

That's worse than saying they lost to our kids and old men (which they did as well). They had plenty of first-team squad members on and players like Lingard alone will cost more than our team twice over. They were poor and we were on our game, that is what really happened.

The impact of that game is that Man Utd days later have agreed on a fee with Real Madrid for a defender that we can see they really need. Man Utd will have spent over £100m on two players alone!

The real test will be against Leicester City, they will be ready for us, all the big guns will be out to smash us 4-0 as they won't make the same mistake as Utd, and that's probably what will happen.

A good test for us before Millwall, exactly what we need.

zzzzzzzzzz

'Small Time' QPR on 13:56 - Jul 27 with 2131 viewshantssi

Make the most of it this year, next year they'll be off the SE Asia or the USA for a pre-season money grabbing tour.
Make no mistake, they’re only playing us because they’re not allowed to travel!!
'Small Time' QPR on 14:17 - Jul 27 with 2074 viewsRog

And now we all know why they wanted to pop off to a "super league". They just wanted to avoid getting beat by the likes of us.
'Small Time' QPR on 14:38 - Jul 27 with 2017 viewsJuzzie

I'm sure I saw on FB someone posted up something from MUFC Official stating the average age of the Man Utd team was 21.8 years old in order to imply their tender years. IMO nigh on 22 years old is not young and most certainly should not be getting thumped 4-2.
'Small Time' QPR on 14:56 - Jul 27 with 1958 viewsPunteR

'Small Time' QPR on 14:38 - Jul 27 by Juzzie

I'm sure I saw on FB someone posted up something from MUFC Official stating the average age of the Man Utd team was 21.8 years old in order to imply their tender years. IMO nigh on 22 years old is not young and most certainly should not be getting thumped 4-2.

You cant win the league with kids...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

'Small Time' QPR on 15:03 - Jul 27 with 1935 viewsdaveB

'Small Time' QPR on 14:38 - Jul 27 by Juzzie

Average age of the QPR team was 22
'Small Time' QPR on 15:49 - Jul 27 with 1844 viewsCiderwithRsie

Perhaps if they hadn't spent the first five minutes singing "you're only here for United" we might not have given so much back to them.

Which is it lads, are you such a great club that we only turn out to watch our own team in our own stadium for the first time in 18 months because you deign to honour us with your presence, or is playing your lot of the pitch just one of those little things we shouldn't care about?
'Small Time' QPR on 16:20 - Jul 27 with 1760 viewsMick_S

I’m just glad we won our cup final. Quite easily, as it goes. Ole’s got the wheel.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

'Small Time' QPR on 16:21 - Jul 27 with 1758 viewsderbyhoop

The excessive hype that follows the so-called big clubs around is one of the reasons I'm glad to support a smaller club.
If you can spend 73m on 1 player and that's only the 2nd highest fee they've paid, it shows the huge gulf between those who have and those who haven't. So if a small time club has the temerity to overturn one of the big boys haven't the supporters of that club a right to celebrate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

'Small Time' QPR on 16:31 - Jul 27 with 1723 views80s_Boy

'Small Time' QPR on 16:21 - Jul 27 by derbyhoop

The excessive hype that follows the so-called big clubs around is one of the reasons I'm glad to support a smaller club.
If you can spend 73m on 1 player and that's only the 2nd highest fee they've paid, it shows the huge gulf between those who have and those who haven't. So if a small time club has the temerity to overturn one of the big boys haven't the supporters of that club a right to celebrate.

Would absolutely hate to support a successful team and I'm not just saying that.

In 2021 to be a successful team you have to sell your soul, you get every Tom, Dick and Harry trying to talk to you about football and you have to 'tolerate' all those glory hunters on Social Media who want to be taken seriously as fans when they haven't even been to the continent you're from, nevermind the country or city.

Happy to support a small club (which we are by comparison) who have won next to nothing but have - outside of 2007-2015 - retained everything I love about them.
'Small Time' QPR on 17:07 - Jul 27 with 1647 viewsNortholt_Rs

'Small Time' QPR on 12:19 - Jul 27 by GRDHoops

Great post. Plus when JLINGZ scored in the 3rd minute I was sitting there thinking oh oh this is going to be 0-8 or something. Pukka day out! Bring on Leicester!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024