Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben White - £50M ? 17:05 - Jul 30 with 2924 viewsdanehoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57898497

Seems an awful lot of money... is that a range then for us if Dickie has another good season?

Seems to also make the Eze transfer almost look disappointing (I know its not, but in this context it seems a lot).

Never knowingly understood

Ben White - £50M ? on 17:09 - Jul 30 with 2882 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep - said that to a few people a couple of weeks ago.

Saw Jesus of Man City rumoured to be less than half that price.

Played 36 games in the PL , a defender and he's worth £50M?

Not for me.
Ben White - £50M ? on 17:14 - Jul 30 with 2855 viewsbosh67

He's good but he's not £50m good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ben White - £50M ? on 17:16 - Jul 30 with 2851 viewsR_from_afar

It's a ridiculous amount for him. I do think that when a transfer is this inflated, it puts extra pressure on the player, alienates some of the fans, and - in a time when the economy has been dealt a hammer blow and many people have lost their jobs - indicates that the player, the clubs and their entourages are completely out of touch with reality.

The other thing is that if a player genuinely loved or respected a club, they would not let the numbers get so out of hand. It reminds of the badge kissing racist constantly professing his undying love for Chelski while telling his agent that he must always be the highest paid player at the club. A parasitic hypocrite. Not that Ben White is in the same league as Terry, mind.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ben White - £50M ? on 17:18 - Jul 30 with 2833 viewsWatfordR

Ben White - £50M ? on 17:16 - Jul 30 by R_from_afar

It's a ridiculous amount for him. I do think that when a transfer is this inflated, it puts extra pressure on the player, alienates some of the fans, and - in a time when the economy has been dealt a hammer blow and many people have lost their jobs - indicates that the player, the clubs and their entourages are completely out of touch with reality.

The other thing is that if a player genuinely loved or respected a club, they would not let the numbers get so out of hand. It reminds of the badge kissing racist constantly professing his undying love for Chelski while telling his agent that he must always be the highest paid player at the club. A parasitic hypocrite. Not that Ben White is in the same league as Terry, mind.

I read that Charlie said something similar, but ffs keep it quiet
Ben White - £50M ? on 17:32 - Jul 30 with 2778 viewsted_hendrix

Modern football madness-them that have and them that haven't.

£££££££££££

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ben White - £50M ? on 17:53 - Jul 30 with 2712 viewsJogo

He's overpriced because he's English
Ben White - £50M ? on 18:06 - Jul 30 with 2667 viewsdaveB

He's a good player and Arsenal are desperate which hikes the price up.
Ben White - £50M ? on 18:29 - Jul 30 with 2589 viewsBazzeR

Ben White looks a very good signing and he’s already shown he can play at FB,MF and CB in the Prem with Brighton.

£50m isn’t too far off kilter when considering £70m for Sancho and the supposed bid of £100m + for Grealish.
Login to get fewer ads

Ben White - £50M ? on 18:52 - Jul 30 with 2525 viewsrsonist

Ben White - £50M ? on 17:16 - Jul 30 by R_from_afar

It seems completely arbitrary to me where the signal is to suddenly put football into context with society. £50m for White, £100m for Grealish, £1m for Uche Ikpeazu? What's reality ever had to do with it?
Ben White - £50M ? on 19:10 - Jul 30 with 2466 viewskensalriser

As always, how do you compare apples with oranges?

Won the Championship, then had a good first season in the Prem and got called up to the England Euros squad. Three years left on his deal and interest from other clubs. So who's to say 50m is too much or that Eze wouldn't have have fetched the same in similar circumstances?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ben White - £50M ? on 19:11 - Jul 30 with 2464 viewsOakR

I don't really know anything about him, but I guess they think:

5 year contract, so would be 28 at end and before, with high resale vaulue (if it works out), or potential to extend contract without signing new player if they think he could be there for 10 years etc.

Still youngish with potential to get better.

Already played in Premier League.

No need for Visa, no going away for International matches outside of England games.

Maybe a good injury record?

I guess most clubs have a formula to assess these things.

Plus if you are desperate, and the selling club doesn't need to sell, also affects value.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Ben White - £50M ? on 19:17 - Jul 30 with 2454 viewsmobileDeWijs

Leeds bid 30m last summer and has since been part of the 3rd best defence in the league (only City and Chelsea conceded less xG). He's 23 and they can build around him, english (useful for squad building) and has spent time under bielsa and Potter, meaning he will be tactically aware, and is also therefore probably quite good
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 19:18]
Ben White - £50M ? on 10:00 - Jul 31 with 2113 viewsLazyFan

Brexit is simply it

zzzzzzzzzz

Ben White - £50M ? on 11:59 - Jul 31 with 1965 viewsLythamR

This is a result of the Maguire transfer to Man Utd for 80M, that reset the market, White is younger and probably a better football player and now breaking into the England squad. 50m seems about right in the current madness on that basis.
Ben White - £50M ? on 13:21 - Jul 31 with 1875 viewsR_from_afar

Ben White - £50M ? on 18:52 - Jul 30 by rsonist

It seems completely arbitrary to me where the signal is to suddenly put football into context with society. £50m for White, £100m for Grealish, £1m for Uche Ikpeazu? What's reality ever had to do with it?

Yeah agreed. I am ridiculously idealistic .

I live in hope that more footballers will act like the lower league footballer who turned down a pay rise because he felt he hadn't contributed enough in the previous season, having been out injured for a long time.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024