Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. 17:12 - Jul 30 with 4151 viewsBostonR

His knowledge of the EFL is amazing.

https://t.co/LU3EDu8rdI
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 17:27 - Jul 30 with 4075 viewsdavman

Barnsley 2nd, WBA 13th, Blackburn 23rd and Preston 22nd? Have I missed something?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 17:52 - Jul 30 with 4005 viewsNorthernr

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 17:27 - Jul 30 by davman

Barnsley 2nd, WBA 13th, Blackburn 23rd and Preston 22nd? Have I missed something?

Blackburn and PNE are in a state.
I fancy West Brom the least of the relegated teams, but not 13th bad.
I quite fancy Barnsley again, but not second.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 18:05 - Jul 30 with 3958 viewsdaveB

Haven't Barnsley lost a few players from last year. Mowatt, that American Forward and Chaplin all gone
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 18:21 - Jul 30 with 3900 viewsrsonist

I'd considered starting a season predictions thread but apart from a few teams to keep an eye on in both directions there's still too much up in the air everywhere you look to feel too confident about anything.

Mentioned it on the Stef thread but it's so mad it's only a week to go. We're one of maybe four sides who are kicking off for real and don't effectively still have a two month pre-season ahead of us. Fair bit of unexpected pressure to it, honestly.

Gab's gone early with a typically enthusiastic effort (bless him forever) but reading it only vindicates that feeling. By the end of the transfer window it could all be different, and that would still be only on paper
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 18:27 - Jul 30 with 3862 viewsrsonist

Anyway for what it's worth:

I fancy West Brom the most of the relegated teams. Gab's eyebrow raising 13th is based on the assumption Ismael's Barnsleyball doesn't fit, but all he has to do is tweak it. (Gab gives Barnsley's new coach the benefit of the doubt of versatility but not Ismael despite similar evidence in Austria). They might not fly out the traps but should come together by the end I think.

Fulham could be anything. Silva has question marks over him, Cairney's injured, Mitro's a lazy fck, la la la. Sheff Utd a little too quiet, and it doesn't feel like confidence - Wilder casts a long shadow there.

Barnsley seems a big leap of faith on no evidence. Got carried away there I think. Their signings look like maybe preparing for Woodrow to go, which would be a loss.

Forest look in big trouble to me. They've shed the deadwood, but got nothing for it to replace it yet. Worrall gets injured, Lolley will never be the same with his condition, the sure things are few and far between. They're slow, they're ponderous. Brennan Johnson would have to be EFL POTY to do all the creative work needed there - as it stands.

Mick at Cardiff is one of the select few managers born to defy xG. He knows what he's doing, which is more than most.

Luton have done all the clever girl signings, maybe it will work out. The even bigger dark horses I'll argue are Huddersfield - they're just a real mystery box, though seemingly with purpose, and we've seen ourselves when they put it together they can be quite good. The kid Levi Colville on loan from Chelsea has a Ben White/Reece James season in him according to some.

Blackpool look smart. Peterborough should be okay this season but I wouldn't put it past Yung Fergie to mess things up.

Preston, Blackburn are stagnant indeed but I don't know if they're THAT stagnant. "Frankie McAvoy" (if you say so) will probably be first to go once someone better is free.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 18:35 - Jul 30 with 3823 viewsrsonist

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 18:05 - Jul 30 by daveB

Haven't Barnsley lost a few players from last year. Mowatt, that American Forward and Chaplin all gone

Mowatt, it is argued there, has a successor in waiting in Callum Styles. They signed another big lump from Belgium to replace the septic (but will they still play that way?). Chaplin was never that good, supposedly.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 18:40 - Jul 30 with 3786 viewsrsonist

Also King Warnock's Boro... I really can't tell. But I'm surprised GS doesn't mention the signing of Matt Crooks from Rotherham, cos that looked the best one to me (if Payero doesn't happen to be world class).
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:16 - Jul 30 with 3666 viewsdaveB

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 18:27 - Jul 30 by rsonist

Anyway for what it's worth:

I fancy West Brom the most of the relegated teams. Gab's eyebrow raising 13th is based on the assumption Ismael's Barnsleyball doesn't fit, but all he has to do is tweak it. (Gab gives Barnsley's new coach the benefit of the doubt of versatility but not Ismael despite similar evidence in Austria). They might not fly out the traps but should come together by the end I think.

Fulham could be anything. Silva has question marks over him, Cairney's injured, Mitro's a lazy fck, la la la. Sheff Utd a little too quiet, and it doesn't feel like confidence - Wilder casts a long shadow there.

Barnsley seems a big leap of faith on no evidence. Got carried away there I think. Their signings look like maybe preparing for Woodrow to go, which would be a loss.

Forest look in big trouble to me. They've shed the deadwood, but got nothing for it to replace it yet. Worrall gets injured, Lolley will never be the same with his condition, the sure things are few and far between. They're slow, they're ponderous. Brennan Johnson would have to be EFL POTY to do all the creative work needed there - as it stands.

Mick at Cardiff is one of the select few managers born to defy xG. He knows what he's doing, which is more than most.

Luton have done all the clever girl signings, maybe it will work out. The even bigger dark horses I'll argue are Huddersfield - they're just a real mystery box, though seemingly with purpose, and we've seen ourselves when they put it together they can be quite good. The kid Levi Colville on loan from Chelsea has a Ben White/Reece James season in him according to some.

Blackpool look smart. Peterborough should be okay this season but I wouldn't put it past Yung Fergie to mess things up.

Preston, Blackburn are stagnant indeed but I don't know if they're THAT stagnant. "Frankie McAvoy" (if you say so) will probably be first to go once someone better is free.

Interesting stuff. I have to admit I've not followed what other teams have done so am enjoying reading this sort of stuff and Gabriels preview as well.

Based on nothing more than what I saw last season I think Forest will do quite well due to the manager and I had Huddersfield to go down.
Login to get fewer ads

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:17 - Jul 30 with 3666 viewsNorthernr

TBF to him they're impossible to put together. I must have done 60-70 hours on ours already and I still fancy 15 teams to go down and maybe 3 to do alright.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:21 - Jul 30 with 3649 viewsNorthernr

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:16 - Jul 30 by daveB

Interesting stuff. I have to admit I've not followed what other teams have done so am enjoying reading this sort of stuff and Gabriels preview as well.

Based on nothing more than what I saw last season I think Forest will do quite well due to the manager and I had Huddersfield to go down.

I've also got Huddersfield to struggle. Their recruitment, particularly at the back, doesn't match the manager and the ethos.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:30 - Jul 30 with 3614 viewsstevec

It’s difficult to make a case for any team throughout the EFL, feels like there’s a real levelling off with the combo of FFP and Covid on finances.

Still heavily stacked in favour of Fulham, Sheffield and WBA, none of which spent a fortune so are probably set up far stronger than the rest of us. Watford got 90 plus points without getting out of second gear last season.

Most bookies seem to have us down for mid table, only this guy and sporting index seeing us as top six but sporting index are pretty good at this stuff.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:31 - Jul 30 with 3610 viewsdavman

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 17:52 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Blackburn and PNE are in a state.
I fancy West Brom the least of the relegated teams, but not 13th bad.
I quite fancy Barnsley again, but not second.

But have Blackburn lost many players? Armstrong is still there isn't he and Gallagher, Brereton, Dack are still around. Mowbray hasn't failed often in his career. Are they really that bad?

Preston maybe; they have been declining for a little while, but I just can't see WBA and Blackburn being that bad. Maybe we should have a laugh and get a thread going with Predictions for the final standings - I'll go first (any no copying now, Clive).

1. Fulham
2. WBA
3. QPR (Its.The. Hope. That. Kills)
4. Bournemouth
5. Sheff U
6. Stoke
7. Luton
8. Forest's cast of thousands
9. Cardiff
10. Swansea
11. Barnsley
12. Hull
13. Boro
14. Millwall
15. Reading
16. Birmingham
17. Blackburn
18. Bristol C
19. Preston
20. Huddersfield T
21. Blackpool
22. Coventry C
23. Peterborough
24. Derby

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:32 - Jul 30 with 3602 viewsDavieQPR

He did tip Derby for the Playoffs last year. so a lot is guesswork.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:04 - Jul 30 with 3512 viewsCiderwithRsie

"CEO and realist Lee Hoos"

Great job title.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:12 - Jul 30 with 3477 viewsrsonist

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:21 - Jul 30 by Northernr

I've also got Huddersfield to struggle. Their recruitment, particularly at the back, doesn't match the manager and the ethos.

Are you seeing a Leistner situation here with Pearson? They've definitely gone for his leadership qualities more than anything. Turton and Ruffels seem game though, and Colwill will be the fancy CB.

Rhodes, yeah I dunno. Bielsa went through a few like that hoping to be more clinical but chucked them all in the end.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:18 - Jul 30 with 3468 viewsrsonist

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:31 - Jul 30 by davman

But have Blackburn lost many players? Armstrong is still there isn't he and Gallagher, Brereton, Dack are still around. Mowbray hasn't failed often in his career. Are they really that bad?

Preston maybe; they have been declining for a little while, but I just can't see WBA and Blackburn being that bad. Maybe we should have a laugh and get a thread going with Predictions for the final standings - I'll go first (any no copying now, Clive).

1. Fulham
2. WBA
3. QPR (Its.The. Hope. That. Kills)
4. Bournemouth
5. Sheff U
6. Stoke
7. Luton
8. Forest's cast of thousands
9. Cardiff
10. Swansea
11. Barnsley
12. Hull
13. Boro
14. Millwall
15. Reading
16. Birmingham
17. Blackburn
18. Bristol C
19. Preston
20. Huddersfield T
21. Blackpool
22. Coventry C
23. Peterborough
24. Derby

Check Blackburn's second half of the season though, even with Armstrong and some high-profile loans not since replaced. Familiar Mogga malaise.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:28 - Jul 30 with 3418 viewsTonto

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 19:32 - Jul 30 by DavieQPR

He did tip Derby for the Playoffs last year. so a lot is guesswork.

I think most of us agree Derby will be last unless they get new owners quickly.

The rest of the Championship is always a lottery, but the parachute payments should give the relegated clubs a bigger advantage than usual. So they should be favourites to return lroived they do t cock it up. Then again all 3 have new or newish managers.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:36 - Jul 30 with 3398 viewsaston_hoop

On the same theme, the Not the Top 20 Championship 1-24 podcast is online too for those interested

https://podfollow.com/1112915286/episode/7403c478ae7b5fc0b2ce9ed806759ac74d23001

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:53 - Jul 30 with 3339 viewsMyke

Interesting observation by MW in his interview with Clive is that the three promoted teams are used to winning which is an advantage. Obviously the three relegated teams have a massive financial advantage. But apart from Derby being in a complete mess this could go any way. I will stick my neck out for us though and say 5th.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:56 - Jul 30 with 3326 viewsrsonist

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:36 - Jul 30 by aston_hoop

On the same theme, the Not the Top 20 Championship 1-24 podcast is online too for those interested

https://podfollow.com/1112915286/episode/7403c478ae7b5fc0b2ce9ed806759ac74d23001

We're at 51mins.

01 Fulham
02 West Brom
03 Sheff Utd
04 Bournemouth
05 Middlesbrough
06 QPR
07 Millwall
08 Luton
09 Stoke
10 Cardiff
11 Nottm Forest
12 Barnsley
13 Birmingham
14 Hull
15 Blackburn
16 Coventry
17 Peterborough
18 Blackpool
19 Bristol City
20 Preston
21 Swansea
22 Reading
23 Huddersfield
24 Derby
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 21:07 - Jul 30 with 3279 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The big question is who is going to be the best side everyone has played all season now Spartak Hounslow are no longer slumming it with the plebs.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 23:54 - Jul 30 with 2981 viewsdistortR

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 20:12 - Jul 30 by rsonist

Are you seeing a Leistner situation here with Pearson? They've definitely gone for his leadership qualities more than anything. Turton and Ruffels seem game though, and Colwill will be the fancy CB.

Rhodes, yeah I dunno. Bielsa went through a few like that hoping to be more clinical but chucked them all in the end.

i've said it before, we should have signed Ruffels, purely so we could have had Ruffels of the Rangers.
Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 10:05 - Jul 31 with 2685 viewsLazyFan

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 21:07 - Jul 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

The big question is who is going to be the best side everyone has played all season now Spartak Hounslow are no longer slumming it with the plebs.

It's still them as they get to play these cup games against EFL teams see.

zzzzzzzzzz

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 10:35 - Jul 31 with 2600 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Gabriel Sutton - Championship Predictions. on 10:05 - Jul 31 by LazyFan

It's still them as they get to play these cup games against EFL teams see.

Yes In fact all they've done is extend their reach. West Ham today then Valencia next week. Arsenal after that...

Can anyone hazard a guess who is the best team our B team will face this season?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024