Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? 22:40 - Jul 30 with 8686 viewsGloryHunter

Can anyone explain this to me? Why walk around flashing your wealth like that?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/30/female-thieves-dubbed-rolex-rippers-target-elderl
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:21 - Aug 1 with 1336 viewsdistortR

I don't agree with Thomas Sowell on all things, but he is so right here

We are in the age of self.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 14:15 - Aug 1 with 1199 viewswood_hoop

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 18:57 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

I agree , make dealing in drugs non profitable because the state do it cheaper, safer , with non judgmental compassion with a route to getting off the stuff.

Little old ladies getting knocked about for their fish and chip money would almost stop overnight .

Its radical and politically risky but we cant keep doing what we are doing ..

Essex,'Its radical and politically risky but we cant keep doing what we are doing '

'the people of these islands are fundamentally decent people”.

A line taken from an article I was reading, a bit off tangent but if some in power took the bull by the horns it might be more politically benificial than they think.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nigel-farage-rnli-migrants-gb-news-b1892769
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 14:41 - Aug 1 with 1177 viewsTacticalR

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 14:15 - Aug 1 by wood_hoop

Essex,'Its radical and politically risky but we cant keep doing what we are doing '

'the people of these islands are fundamentally decent people”.

A line taken from an article I was reading, a bit off tangent but if some in power took the bull by the horns it might be more politically benificial than they think.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nigel-farage-rnli-migrants-gb-news-b1892769

It's as though Brexit hasn't delivered anything and Farage has been forced to rummage in his back catalogue of old favourites.

Air hostess clique

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 16:31 - Aug 1 with 1113 viewswood_hoop

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 14:41 - Aug 1 by TacticalR

It's as though Brexit hasn't delivered anything and Farage has been forced to rummage in his back catalogue of old favourites.

That seems the case, but I wasn't trying to berate Farrage personally so much, did say it was a bit of tangent.

More the case of what Mark Dowie CEO of the RNLI said of the people of the UK.

They normally raise £6-7k per day, this shot up to over £200,00 per day after Farrages rather disparaging comments on the RNLI .

There are a lot of very decent people of this country who I am sure would back policies that may just be the answer to the terrible things that the drugs and illicit activities around it cause.

Its so sad that we may not get the chance to at least try because so much time and space is given to the likes of Farrage, not trying to fix the problem but trying to cause more distrust in others and not listening to the far more knowledgeable people who may just have a good solution..
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 16:35 - Aug 1 with 1106 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 1015 viewsGloryHunter

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 13:05 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

They're status symbols. A sign of wealth usually aimed at other wealthy people.

I don't get it either but it's just what people do. Everywhere.

The camera thing is slightly different probably that's just dumb.

Thank you for explaining that. So these herberts only wear their Rolexes to impress other members at the golf club, and don't wear them when they go shopping in Tescos. I get it now.

Bemused that this thread has slipped into treating dug addiction, because it doesn't sound like the robbers in this case were junkies - more like an organised crime gang.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:02 - Aug 1 with 996 viewsdistortR

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 19:38 - Aug 1 by GloryHunter

Thank you for explaining that. So these herberts only wear their Rolexes to impress other members at the golf club, and don't wear them when they go shopping in Tescos. I get it now.

Bemused that this thread has slipped into treating dug addiction, because it doesn't sound like the robbers in this case were junkies - more like an organised crime gang.

That's LFW's for you.
Apparently Americans don't like Leicester City because their chocolate is shit.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:10 - Aug 1 with 982 viewsessextaxiboy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 14:41 - Aug 1 by TacticalR

You cant evaluate Brexit for at least 5 years probably longer . then you have the data to prove it one way or another .
Login to get fewer ads

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:25 - Aug 1 with 964 viewsGloryHunter

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 20:10 - Aug 1 by essextaxiboy

You cant evaluate Brexit for at least 5 years probably longer . then you have the data to prove it one way or another .

Jacob Rees-Mogg says it will take 50 years to see the benefits of Brexit.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 20:31]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 00:38 - Aug 2 with 863 viewsPunteR

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:42 - Jul 31 by GloryHunter

Nobody has answered my original question. What is the actual point of wearing something so obviously valuable when you're going about your normal business - outside of a gala dinner or royal wedding or something? I genuinely do not understand the mentality of it. It's like tourists walking around impoverished countries with expensive cameras hanging round their necks, and then wondering why they get robbed.

Because people dont expect to be robbed when they walk out of their house? Because most people are decent and just go about their business and dont expect the worst of society to target them.
Not sure how decriminalising drugs has come into this subject but just my penny's worth, that alcohol, causes more damage then any other drug so i dont see why making other drugs legal will benefit anybody? Does the tax from alcohol go back into treating alcoholics?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:55 - Aug 2 with 777 viewsGloryHunter

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 00:38 - Aug 2 by PunteR

Because people dont expect to be robbed when they walk out of their house? Because most people are decent and just go about their business and dont expect the worst of society to target them.
Not sure how decriminalising drugs has come into this subject but just my penny's worth, that alcohol, causes more damage then any other drug so i dont see why making other drugs legal will benefit anybody? Does the tax from alcohol go back into treating alcoholics?

"Because people dont expect to be robbed when they walk out of their house?"

Well, if that's the way most people think, then it answers my original post. When I go out, I don't EXPECT to get robbed, but I take steps to ensure that I don't get robbed, and that if I did, then It wouldn't be a catastophe. When I go to QPR, for example, I take my travel card, £15 in cash, and one credit card - non-contactless. If I got dipped on the tube, it wouldn't take me a week to pick up the pieces. No expensive watch, no jewellery, nothing to make anyone think I might be worth robbing. Seems obvious to me.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:24 - Aug 2 with 746 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:55 - Aug 2 by GloryHunter

Well, if that's the way most people think, then it answers my original post. When I go out, I don't EXPECT to get robbed, but I take steps to ensure that I don't get robbed, and that if I did, then It wouldn't be a catastophe. When I go to QPR, for example, I take my travel card, £15 in cash, and one credit card - non-contactless. If I got dipped on the tube, it wouldn't take me a week to pick up the pieces. No expensive watch, no jewellery, nothing to make anyone think I might be worth robbing. Seems obvious to me.

That's still placing too much emphasis on the victims rather than the scum who rob to be honest...
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 14:51 - Aug 2 with 630 viewsSheffieldHoop

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:55 - Aug 2 by GloryHunter

Tbf it's not so much the loss of valuables that gets you
Anyone can replace their phone, laptop.....Rolex if that's the level they operate at.....these things come and go
It's the whole randomly having a knife held to your throat bit that really gets under the skin, the feeling of vulnerability that sticks with you long after the watch is gone
And knowing that next to nothing will be done to find and arrest the perpetrators if/when you report it.

So yeah, leaving the house with a Rolex does seem pretty insane, bit like driving through certain parts of London on a TMAX is a bit insane, but since when did it have to be like that?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 15:04 - Aug 2 with 628 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Too many Marxists if you ask me.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 16:10 - Aug 2 with 597 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Well I met my mates uncle in Durban who a few months later went back to check his front door after hearing a noise getting into his car and the K**ts shot him dead. (left his wife alone)

Losing a watch isn't so bad in comparison.

I can't wear watches I smash them on everything.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 16:13 - Aug 2 with 592 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 15:04 - Aug 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Too many Marxists if you ask me.

Are you saying that those who rob are potentially the workers whose labour created the watch and, as a consequence, own it?

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 557 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 16:13 - Aug 2 by 80s_Boy

Are you saying that those who rob are potentially the workers whose labour created the watch and, as a consequence, own it?

All property is theft Comrade.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:10 - Aug 2 with 514 viewsGloryHunter

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:24 - Aug 2 by 80s_Boy

That's still placing too much emphasis on the victims rather than the scum who rob to be honest...

I can't do anything about the numbers of criminals on the streets. Neither can you. Nor - it seems - can successive governments. What I CAN do is make myself less likely to be a target of criminality.

I have noticed before on this board that any thread on crime seems to bring out the "hang 'em and flog 'em" brigade in force. But guys, that approach doesn't work. If it did, there would be no crime in the USA, or in China.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 508 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:10 - Aug 2 by GloryHunter

I can't do anything about the numbers of criminals on the streets. Neither can you. Nor - it seems - can successive governments. What I CAN do is make myself less likely to be a target of criminality.

I have noticed before on this board that any thread on crime seems to bring out the "hang 'em and flog 'em" brigade in force. But guys, that approach doesn't work. If it did, there would be no crime in the USA, or in China.

I'm a Blairite centrist!

Sorry Bazza 🙏
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 505 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:10 - Aug 2 by GloryHunter

They don’t commit any more crime after they’ve been executed though do they?
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:30 - Aug 2 with 489 viewsGloryHunter

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:15 - Aug 2 by stowmarketrange

They don’t commit any more crime after they’ve been executed though do they?

Well spotted. But those countries' crime statistics don't change either, do they?
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:42 - Aug 2 with 476 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:30 - Aug 2 by GloryHunter

Well spotted. But those countries' crime statistics don't change either, do they?

It seems that the Chinese don’t worry about whether you’ve committed a crime or not.Nor Saudi Arabia.The USA is different in that you have to commit a serious crime to face the death penalty.Or at least be convicted of it.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:51 - Aug 2 with 465 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:15 - Aug 2 by 80s_Boy

I'm a Blairite centrist!

Sorry Bazza 🙏

Your handle is from the 80s so you might as well get your politics from there too haha.

I am of course kidding. Good luck on your journey.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:52 - Aug 2 with 463 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No point stealing a watch when your hands have been cut off either. It would keep slipping off.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:56 - Aug 2 with 458 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 17:42 - Aug 2 by stowmarketrange

It seems that the Chinese don’t worry about whether you’ve committed a crime or not.Nor Saudi Arabia.The USA is different in that you have to commit a serious crime to face the death penalty.Or at least be convicted of it.

'The USA is different in that you have to commit a serious crime to face the death penalty. Or at least be convicted of it'

I'm not so sure Stow!

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/23/pennsylvania.corrupt.judges/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024