Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? 22:40 - Jul 30 with 8687 viewsGloryHunter

Can anyone explain this to me? Why walk around flashing your wealth like that?

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/30/female-thieves-dubbed-rolex-rippers-target-elderl
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 22:45 - Jul 30 with 4437 viewscolinallcars

I was at a party once and a bloke was bragging about his limited edition expensive watch. “What time d'you make it?” I said. “10.20” He said. That's funny I said…so do I.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 01:14 - Jul 31 with 4285 viewsBoston

Why would anyone wear a watch?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 01:35 - Jul 31 with 4257 viewsSharpy36

Let`s not slag off two thieving kunts, but turn our attention to hard working people who have earned the right to wear top of the range items.

Funny old world

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 07:21 - Jul 31 with 4143 viewsDorse

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 01:14 - Jul 31 by Boston

Exactly. My sundial works fine.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 08:08 - Jul 31 with 4057 viewsLoftgirl

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 01:14 - Jul 31 by Boston

Good point. I've worn a watch since junior school and I never go out without one on. Thing is, I never look at it now. I always check my phone.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 08:13 - Jul 31 with 4043 viewsDaBurgh

Last time I wore a watch it was a groovy
Muti-coloured plastic wrist band Swatch. In the 80's I think.
Are they still made?
Edit: just checked, they are still being made, it more up market than I remember.
Modeled by guys with beards now.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 8:17]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 08:21 - Jul 31 with 4002 viewsMick_S

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 07:21 - Jul 31 by Dorse

Exactly. My sundial works fine.

Is it on your head?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 08:29 - Jul 31 with 3954 viewsstevec

The Rolex Rippers?

Golf clubs I play they’d be known as the Timex Rippers.
Login to get fewer ads

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:07 - Jul 31 with 3821 viewscolinallcars

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:12 - Jul 31 with 3802 viewsDorse

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 08:21 - Jul 31 by Mick_S

Is it on your head?

No, I trundle it behind me on a small wheeled trolley. It's tricky to use at night but I just shine a torch on it when I want to know the time.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:34 - Jul 31 with 3749 viewsLazyFan

It's sad that someone becomes a victim of a crime.

If someone wants to get pleasure by spending silly money on a watch that's up to them. Better would be a society that provides Universal Basic Services (not UBI) so, people don't feel the need to rob others.

But even if they do rob others, there will be less of them, the police will be less stretched and therefore more likely to focus their efforts to catch them and stop them before even more victims suffer.

Also, the right whingers will like this bit, we can throw them in jail and throw the key away as these will be the crimes who the nasty ones and not the poverty ones commit so, there will be no lefty excuses for them to hide behind with UBS available to all (not UBI).

But of course, that means running the country (I call it society) on ROI and not self-pleasuring sadism for the right whingers. Thus in the meantime crime goes up, victims go up, police costs go up and posts like these go up.

zzzzzzzzzz

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:55 - Jul 31 with 3675 viewsPunteR

I could never justify spending that kind of money on a watch but do appreciate the value. If you're spending that kind of money why wouldn't you wear it.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:58 - Jul 31 with 3693 viewsdistortR

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:55 - Jul 31 by PunteR

I could never justify spending that kind of money on a watch but do appreciate the value. If you're spending that kind of money why wouldn't you wear it.?

I don't like ostentatious displays of wealth or the huge disparity between rich and poor.
People can work their arses off all their lives and have nothing to show for it but a bad back.
But Sharpy is right, I detest thieves.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:00 - Jul 31 with 3685 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 10:34 - Jul 31 by LazyFan

It's sad that someone becomes a victim of a crime.

If someone wants to get pleasure by spending silly money on a watch that's up to them. Better would be a society that provides Universal Basic Services (not UBI) so, people don't feel the need to rob others.

But even if they do rob others, there will be less of them, the police will be less stretched and therefore more likely to focus their efforts to catch them and stop them before even more victims suffer.

Also, the right whingers will like this bit, we can throw them in jail and throw the key away as these will be the crimes who the nasty ones and not the poverty ones commit so, there will be no lefty excuses for them to hide behind with UBS available to all (not UBI).

But of course, that means running the country (I call it society) on ROI and not self-pleasuring sadism for the right whingers. Thus in the meantime crime goes up, victims go up, police costs go up and posts like these go up.

Sorry, are you suggesting that because there would be UBS/UBI there would be no/less envy of others and, as a consequence, no/less thieves or robberies?

Seriously????
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 11:16]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:55 - Jul 31 with 3553 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:00 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

Sorry, are you suggesting that because there would be UBS/UBI there would be no/less envy of others and, as a consequence, no/less thieves or robberies?

Seriously????
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 11:16]

It absolutely does.

https://equalitytrust.org.uk/crime
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 3488 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:55 - Jul 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

It absolutely does.

'There is evidence that disputes the link between inequality and crime[5] and that questions the link between inequality and particular types of crime, such as robbery[6].'
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:20 - Jul 31 with 3466 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 11:55 - Jul 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

It absolutely does.

As much as I want a more equal society,there will always be lazy C@nts who prefer to steal other peoples stuff rather than work for it themselves.I don’t know how we can cure the evils of greed and envy.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:21 - Jul 31 with 3471 viewsdistortR

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:16 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

'There is evidence that disputes the link between inequality and crime[5] and that questions the link between inequality and particular types of crime, such as robbery[6].'

some people, at times, nick things to live. Others make a living out of nicking. I'd suggest the highlighted case is the latter, but then, what was the gateway into it?
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:24 - Jul 31 with 3466 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:21 - Jul 31 by distortR

some people, at times, nick things to live. Others make a living out of nicking. I'd suggest the highlighted case is the latter, but then, what was the gateway into it?

Envy would play a big as part as need I suspect.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:34 - Jul 31 with 3433 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:16 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

Well yes, there is some evidence.

Because the equality trust is a responsible organisation, it takes criticism and counter evidence into consideration.

This makes its final conclusion, that crime and violence is less prevalent in more equal societies, more reliable.

I recommend the book The Spirit Level a good overview of what LazyFan said. The book has flaws but it’s data driven rather than anecdote on a football foreign driven.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 12:38]
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:36 - Jul 31 with 3419 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:20 - Jul 31 by stowmarketrange

As much as I want a more equal society,there will always be lazy C@nts who prefer to steal other peoples stuff rather than work for it themselves.I don’t know how we can cure the evils of greed and envy.

Absolutely, for some it’s just a personality trait.

But the eradication or at least the reduction of poverty in society will reduce crime because the professional criminals and those that steal to feed themselves will disappear.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:38 - Jul 31 with 3410 viewsessextaxiboy

It absolutely does.

I would think the vast majority of people living in poverty have never stolen anything and would be pretty p8ssed off to be bracketed with those who have .
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:41 - Jul 31 with 3402 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:38 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

I would think the vast majority of people living in poverty have never stolen anything and would be pretty p8ssed off to be bracketed with those who have .

Well, that’s not what I’ve done but sure.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:42 - Jul 31 with 3394 views80s_Boy

Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:38 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

^This^

I grew up on a poor council estate and the overwhelming vast majority of us had far more respect to rob people because they were financially better off than us.
Why would anyone wear a £14k watch? Isn't it just asking to be robbed? on 12:42 - Jul 31 with 3394 viewsGloryHunter

Nobody has answered my original question. What is the actual point of wearing something so obviously valuable when you're going about your normal business - outside of a gala dinner or royal wedding or something? I genuinely do not understand the mentality of it. It's like tourists walking around impoverished countries with expensive cameras hanging round their necks, and then wondering why they get robbed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024