Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread 12:55 - Jul 31 with 27326 viewsenfieldargh

No squirrels today . Remember the first time I saw Jamie Vardy in the flesh for the first time.

Hope for an injury free good performance win loose or draw

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:05 - Jul 31 with 3702 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:00 - Jul 31 by QPRSteve

I hear Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus are hoping we will join them.

Just announced. They've scrapped their Super League plans and have decided to join the Championship with us.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:05 - Jul 31 with 3702 viewsterryb

I missed the opening half hour, but really enjoyed the hour I saw.

We controlled the match until their changes & the pace that they added upfront. Obviously, changing a centre half & the two wingbacks didn't help, but it was a very good work out for us.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:06 - Jul 31 with 3675 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent performance, got to be happy with that.

Think Leicester were probably at 3/4 pace, but like with Man U, think its pertinent to focus on how well we are playing and we are playing very well indeed!

On to Saturday - can't wait!
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:19 - Jul 31 with 3424 viewsMyke

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 16:48 - Jul 31 by Malintabuk

Rush of blood there Seny.............

I agree but I would place some of the blame on the defender (Adomah?) who turned his back on the ball and allowed the Leicester striker go unchallenged - his speed did the rest. Overall though, excellent game and an brilliant workout for the players before Millwall.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 17:20]
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:23 - Jul 31 with 3372 views80s_Boy

I enjoyed that very much and am happy with the draw. We definitely deserved a win but drawing allows some of the expectation levels to drop a bit and MW will surely see that slight adjustments are needed because we needed 3 to win last week and 4 today.

8 out of 10 for me.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:24 - Jul 31 with 3367 viewsBazzeR

Was it Dunne who hit the post from the corner which led to the goal for Dickie ?
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 3194 viewsRog

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:24 - Jul 31 by BazzeR

Was it Dunne who hit the post from the corner which led to the goal for Dickie ?

Yes
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 3188 viewsPinnerPaul

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:24 - Jul 31 by BazzeR

Yes, think it was
Login to get fewer ads

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:49 - Jul 31 with 3148 viewsCiderwithRsie

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:06 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

Excellent performance, got to be happy with that.

Think Leicester were probably at 3/4 pace, but like with Man U, think its pertinent to focus on how well we are playing and we are playing very well indeed!

On to Saturday - can't wait!

Also, I think you have to look at the confidence with which we're playing, the style of play, and the fact that (leaving aside a bit of disruption due to sheer number of subs coming on) the way that bringing on "2nd string"* players isn't bringing down the quality.

At our best I think a lot of sides will struggle to live with us but even if I'm going OTT I reckon we'll be very, very entertaining.

* Not the right phrase really, bit disrespectful to e.g. Adomah, McCallum etc who I expect will get quite. a lot of game time, but you know what I mean.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:53 - Jul 31 with 3106 viewsBazzeR

The one touch football in the first half was a throwback to the 70s today and a delight to watch.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 17:58]
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:55 - Jul 31 with 3085 viewsPinnerPaul

Good to see some cynical fouls as well - no bone crunching tackles but enough physicality there for Millwall not to come as too much of a culture shock.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:01 - Jul 31 with 3016 viewsMick_S

Bringing 9 subs on at one time is cheating, surely? Have we been duped?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:12 - Jul 31 with 2900 viewsjohnhoop

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:53 - Jul 31 by BazzeR

The one touch football in the first half was a throwback to the 70s today and a delight to watch.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 17:58]

There was a one touch move in the second half as well which unfortunately broke down when it got to Thomas on the edge of the box but it positively flowed between our players down the left without Leicester being able to get a boot on it.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:23 - Jul 31 with 2779 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 16:42 - Jul 31 by QPRSteve

I very much like the look of this Dunne lad.

I like De Wijs too but Dunne does bring something a little bit different. Seems to have a big impact. De Wijs is more subtle.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:36 - Jul 31 with 2683 viewsbosh67

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:23 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

I like De Wijs too but Dunne does bring something a little bit different. Seems to have a big impact. De Wijs is more subtle.

I think the mix of players we have available this season in defence is the best I can remember in years.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:55 - Jul 31 with 2575 viewsQPROslo

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 14:34 - Jul 31 by E17hoop

Many thanks!
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 19:03 - Jul 31 with 2526 viewsessextaxiboy

Its very hard not too get carried away . If we pass the ball like that I cant see many championship sides coping.

We have quality and depth all over the pitch , a couple of ways of playing , some real character and a squad that appears content and together.

I havnt looked forward to a season opener like this for years , the place is going to be jumping ...I cant wait....
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 19:22 - Jul 31 with 2408 viewsDWQPR

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:55 - Jul 31 by QPROslo

Many thanks!

Just watched the first 10 minutes of the second half. Were we good, very good. Chair I reckoned had morphed into Adel at one point. Leicester just could not live with the one touch passing at all. Resorted to just clearing down field and waiting for the next wave of attacks.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 19:50 - Jul 31 with 2271 viewsLythamR

Very enjoyable and hopefully Dieng has had his moment of madness, better today than next week against Millwall

looking forward to next Saturday which is obviously a "must win game",
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 19:50 - Jul 31 with 2269 viewsCiderwithRsie

TBH I think I would have been disappointed if we hadn't been pretty decent because it feels like we've had two years of pre-season with Covid and with Warbs completely rebuilding the team.

But apart from the Field injury and ot being able to park the bus when two or three goals up (which I don't think is A Thing in Warbsball) it really looks like everything is falling into place and the players feel it too.

Can't get over what a great transfer window we've had - just a few months back signing Charlie and Johansen was a pipe dream for me, not only have we got them but Dozzell, Odubajo, McCallum and Dunne all look great and the first two look like they've been playing with us for months, the understanding they seem to have with the rest of the team.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 20:42 - Jul 31 with 2087 viewsdistortR

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 19:50 - Jul 31 by CiderwithRsie

TBH I think I would have been disappointed if we hadn't been pretty decent because it feels like we've had two years of pre-season with Covid and with Warbs completely rebuilding the team.

But apart from the Field injury and ot being able to park the bus when two or three goals up (which I don't think is A Thing in Warbsball) it really looks like everything is falling into place and the players feel it too.

Can't get over what a great transfer window we've had - just a few months back signing Charlie and Johansen was a pipe dream for me, not only have we got them but Dozzell, Odubajo, McCallum and Dunne all look great and the first two look like they've been playing with us for months, the understanding they seem to have with the rest of the team.

Another loan made permanent, in De Wijs - I think he's excellent, got a bit of everything.
Loving it!
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 20:50 - Jul 31 with 2048 viewsEsox_Lucius

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:55 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

Good to see some cynical fouls as well - no bone crunching tackles but enough physicality there for Millwall not to come as too much of a culture shock.

I don't think Millwall have played like that since Neil Harris left. Wycombe will be the most physical side we will meet I think.

The grass is always greener.

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 21:24 - Jul 31 with 1933 viewsQPRSteve

League One Wycombe?
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 21:38 - Jul 31 with 1881 viewsCiderwithRsie

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 21:24 - Jul 31 by QPRSteve

League One Wycombe?

You don't get much more physical than playing in a different league so that we can't even get into the ground. Very hard to break down, our best bet might be to disguise ourselves as Plymouth.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 22:08 - Jul 31 with 1757 viewsEsox_Lucius

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 21:24 - Jul 31 by QPRSteve

League One Wycombe?

I am still hoping the EFL will reverse their decision and reinstate them over WRDC

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024