Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night 09:41 - Aug 12 with 7464 viewsnix

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-on-leyton-orient-win-110821/

Definitely a tougher Warbs than we're used to. I think he was disappointed that the second string didn't really step up. Bettache was the only one that got any praise. Although I thought Archer could have had a shout out.

Was v disappointed with Adomah. I'd called to see more of him before this match but he looked a bit unfit and did some sloppy passes. Good reminder that Warbs sees them day in day out in training and knows who can last the 90 minutes.

I think he'd have like to have brought other players on but with our crazy schedule of the next two weeks he had to protect them. Obviously furious with the scheduling.

Thoughts?
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:49 - Aug 12 with 4094 viewsSuperhoop83

My thoughts:

Great double save from Archer but he seemed rather timid when they slung the ball in.
Impressed with Bettache, although the change in formation didn't suit him.
Not too impressed with Dozzell's passing but it's early days.
Dunne looked ok and will, I hope, improve as he adapts to a new team.
Kakay was the same as ever - decent but prone to errors.
Moses looked a bit ropey but we were under the cosh during his spell on the pitch.
Adomah was pretty anonymous and his speed has definitely gone - still an ideal sub for me.
Thomas was more anonymous - I'm not sure I'd even have him on the bench.
Dykes was completely anonymous - worrying.
Kelman may need a loan.
We need a striker with pace but getting one is another matter.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 9:50]

Suffering since 1978.

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:54 - Aug 12 with 4064 viewsdaveB

In Alberts defence he did start as a number 10 and then played right wing back before left wing back so he was going to be a bit all over the place plus he's not really played a full game for well over a year. Like the rest of the team I thought he started well then faded.

Bettache was good again as was Dozzell but both needed someone to talk them through that second half and just keep the ball for a few minutes rather than try flicks and through balls.

Dykes was worryingly crap again
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:56 - Aug 12 with 4051 viewsMyke

It's good to see him give a more honest appraisal rather than the bland platitudes of the past. Clearly he is disappointed that, having made the break-through - having created several good chances before that - that we then sat back on our laurels and allowed Orient to grow into and eventually dictate the game. I said on the match thread that we have to make allowances for a lot of lads playing their first or second competitive game for the club, but that said, I was disappointed that Dozzell faded so badly and that he didn't try and wrestle back control. In hindsight, Ball should have been introduced earlier, but for Dozzell not Bettache.Adomah was disappointing, but I actually think he was trying too hard to impress, trying to force the issue instead of playing his natural game. His final cross rather summed things up unfortunately.. I thought Archer did really well, bar a very weak attempt to punch one cross away and certainly deserved a mention.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:59 - Aug 12 with 4034 viewslondonscottish

He's fuming about the scheduling and rightly so. Can't actually get the full squad training before Hull.

Also, not pulling any punches about that sloppy second half. Apart from the praise for Bettache and Dozell (& the pen takers) we wasn't having it, was he?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:01 - Aug 12 with 4026 viewsNorthernr

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:56 - Aug 12 by Myke

It's good to see him give a more honest appraisal rather than the bland platitudes of the past. Clearly he is disappointed that, having made the break-through - having created several good chances before that - that we then sat back on our laurels and allowed Orient to grow into and eventually dictate the game. I said on the match thread that we have to make allowances for a lot of lads playing their first or second competitive game for the club, but that said, I was disappointed that Dozzell faded so badly and that he didn't try and wrestle back control. In hindsight, Ball should have been introduced earlier, but for Dozzell not Bettache.Adomah was disappointing, but I actually think he was trying too hard to impress, trying to force the issue instead of playing his natural game. His final cross rather summed things up unfortunately.. I thought Archer did really well, bar a very weak attempt to punch one cross away and certainly deserved a mention.

I thought Ball made a deteriorating situation considerably worse when he came on. And taking a centre half off for Kelman did nobody any good, we hadn't been in their final third for a long time by that point so Kelman once again had nothing to go on, and it took a body away from the defence just as they were starting to bang on the door.

I bet he was angry. He's spent all summer pressing the need to be ruthless, and then once again has to watch us piss all over a team for 40 minutes scoring only once, and then end up a right rabble clinging onto a draw through the second half.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:06 - Aug 12 with 3976 viewsstevec

Ultimately, the reserves are reserves for a reason. You would like to see a few stake a claim but they’re probably just not up to it.

There’s also the issue of the first teamers who do play. Think their performances, although still decent, are never quite at the same level when surrounded by reserve players.

Going back to days gone by, you didn’t have this issue to such a degree as first team players, if fit, played in any competitive match.

Wonder if it’s a bit of a myth this idea players need to be constantly rested. In a truncated last season, teams got through playing more often by training a little less. Maybe we should stick with the 5 subs rule, there is an advantage to better squads but it might also alleviate Warbs concern about resting. I’d prefer 3 games of 60 minutes from Charlie say, than 2 games of 90 and then missing an entire game.

Also seems as many injuries get picked up in training as actual matches.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:13 - Aug 12 with 3934 viewsParkRoyalR

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:54 - Aug 12 by daveB

In Alberts defence he did start as a number 10 and then played right wing back before left wing back so he was going to be a bit all over the place plus he's not really played a full game for well over a year. Like the rest of the team I thought he started well then faded.

Bettache was good again as was Dozzell but both needed someone to talk them through that second half and just keep the ball for a few minutes rather than try flicks and through balls.

Dykes was worryingly crap again

Dykes needed to drop back and show for the ball more but played a great pass to Adomah for what should have been 2-0 game-over, did a great Cruyff type turn I didn't think he had in his locker, and a great chest and turn to get away from their Centre Half in last 10 but a nudge in back off-balanced him and chance was gone.

Also did good defensive work at the set-pieces but his positional play and ruthlessness (Charlie would have shot rather than played Adomah in) remains a concern. Does seem to want it enough by his reaction when we conceded and in giving Adomah grief for doing too many tricks rather than getting his crosses in, so I remain an optimist.

I'd have quite a few below him on last nights performance (Thomas, Dozzell, Adomah, Ball and regretfully Kakay who's better in a 4 than a 5).
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:14 - Aug 12 with 3927 viewsBazzeR

Strange the positions Archer took up for the pens,he stood further back from the goal line and threw himself forward when the kicks were taken.

On one occasion he looked like he was going to come for a cross that looked suicide but rightly changed his mind.

Good performance from him IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:17 - Aug 12 with 3911 viewsHAYESBOY

Second half was dog poo. Really bad.
Forgot how to pass, make yourself available for a pass and trying to play out of the back with no room to do it. Choosing the wrong option time and again.
We were very lucky second half to get a draw.
First half, totally different. Dominated the ball, should of been at least 2 up with Adomah missing a great chance. I would be angry as well.
Great support though from the people who travelled.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:21 - Aug 12 with 3884 viewsdaveB

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:13 - Aug 12 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes needed to drop back and show for the ball more but played a great pass to Adomah for what should have been 2-0 game-over, did a great Cruyff type turn I didn't think he had in his locker, and a great chest and turn to get away from their Centre Half in last 10 but a nudge in back off-balanced him and chance was gone.

Also did good defensive work at the set-pieces but his positional play and ruthlessness (Charlie would have shot rather than played Adomah in) remains a concern. Does seem to want it enough by his reaction when we conceded and in giving Adomah grief for doing too many tricks rather than getting his crosses in, so I remain an optimist.

I'd have quite a few below him on last nights performance (Thomas, Dozzell, Adomah, Ball and regretfully Kakay who's better in a 4 than a 5).

Maybe I'm bring harsh I just thought he was poor again. Not writing him off or anything but I expected a bit more given the opposition. Hard to be critical of him or Kellman second half as we rarely got out of our own half.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:23 - Aug 12 with 3867 viewsNorthernr

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:14 - Aug 12 by BazzeR

Strange the positions Archer took up for the pens,he stood further back from the goal line and threw himself forward when the kicks were taken.

On one occasion he looked like he was going to come for a cross that looked suicide but rightly changed his mind.

Good performance from him IMO.

Archer terrifies me. Nearly did one of his favourite concede off a cross tricks that we saw from him at Millwall in the second half.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:26 - Aug 12 with 3841 viewsstevec

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:23 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Archer terrifies me. Nearly did one of his favourite concede off a cross tricks that we saw from him at Millwall in the second half.

To be fair on the night, we’re in the next round largely thanks to Archer.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:27 - Aug 12 with 3840 viewsNorthernr

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:26 - Aug 12 by stevec

To be fair on the night, we’re in the next round largely thanks to Archer.

We'll see.
Or, hopefully, we won't.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:28 - Aug 12 with 3824 viewsstevec

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:27 - Aug 12 by Northernr

We'll see.
Or, hopefully, we won't.

I also have your reservations!
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:31 - Aug 12 with 3816 viewsStanisgod

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:49 - Aug 12 by Superhoop83

My thoughts:

Great double save from Archer but he seemed rather timid when they slung the ball in.
Impressed with Bettache, although the change in formation didn't suit him.
Not too impressed with Dozzell's passing but it's early days.
Dunne looked ok and will, I hope, improve as he adapts to a new team.
Kakay was the same as ever - decent but prone to errors.
Moses looked a bit ropey but we were under the cosh during his spell on the pitch.
Adomah was pretty anonymous and his speed has definitely gone - still an ideal sub for me.
Thomas was more anonymous - I'm not sure I'd even have him on the bench.
Dykes was completely anonymous - worrying.
Kelman may need a loan.
We need a striker with pace but getting one is another matter.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 9:50]

Funny how prople see things differently. I thought Thomas did ok, always on the move amd I actually lost count of the times he made a run up front and the ball didnt come, he act shook his head once.
Hardly his fault if there was no one intelligent enough too spot his runs. Agree with the rest though, Dykes back to pre xmas for this and Walll.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:34 - Aug 12 with 3808 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:13 - Aug 12 by ParkRoyalR

Agree with most of that especially about needing to be more ruthless. That’s the second game in a row he’s been in a good position and opted to pass. Should have had a pop!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:55 - Aug 12 with 3710 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:34 - Aug 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agree with most of that especially about needing to be more ruthless. That’s the second game in a row he’s been in a good position and opted to pass. Should have had a pop!

Warbs speaks so well, really pleased he’s our manager
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 11:14 - Aug 12 with 3618 viewsCamberleyR

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:59 - Aug 12 by londonscottish

He's fuming about the scheduling and rightly so. Can't actually get the full squad training before Hull.

Also, not pulling any punches about that sloppy second half. Apart from the praise for Bettache and Dozell (& the pen takers) we wasn't having it, was he?

Not only much training before Hull, probably not much before and after the Middlesbrough game as well.

Train on the Monday after Hull
Travel up to Middlesbrough Tuesday
Get back early hours Thursday morning after a 500 mile round trip.
No training Thursday
Probably only a light session Friday
Early Sky game Saturday lunchtime
League Cup 2nd round Tuesday

Utter madness.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 11:27 - Aug 12 with 3565 viewsNorthernr

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 11:14 - Aug 12 by CamberleyR

Not only much training before Hull, probably not much before and after the Middlesbrough game as well.

Train on the Monday after Hull
Travel up to Middlesbrough Tuesday
Get back early hours Thursday morning after a 500 mile round trip.
No training Thursday
Probably only a light session Friday
Early Sky game Saturday lunchtime
League Cup 2nd round Tuesday

Utter madness.

They hide behind this idea that it's a computer, it's random.
And yet Sky somehow magically always end up with their DERBY DAY SUNDAY where all the local derbies are miraculously on the same day.
And yet Shaun Harvey says one of his big ideas was your furthest away games should be midweek so more people can go to the derbies at the weekend (fcking ball bag).
And yet we can make requests like not to play at home Notting Hill Carnival day.

So it's not random at all. And yet somebody somewhere thinks it's a good idea for QPR to start with Millwall, on a saturday, opening day, after 18 months locked down, then not a week and a half later have to go to Middlesbrough on a Wednesday.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 11:41 - Aug 12 with 3477 viewsdaveB

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:31 - Aug 12 by Stanisgod

Funny how prople see things differently. I thought Thomas did ok, always on the move amd I actually lost count of the times he made a run up front and the ball didnt come, he act shook his head once.
Hardly his fault if there was no one intelligent enough too spot his runs. Agree with the rest though, Dykes back to pre xmas for this and Walll.

I thought Thomas was OK as well, made some good runs first half but not picked out.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 11:47 - Aug 12 with 3432 viewsGloryHunter

The fixture congestion is the same for all the teams in the league. By going on and on about it, Warbs risks giving the players an excuse to lose, same as he did before the comeback from lockdown last year.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 12:09 - Aug 12 with 3332 viewssimmo

Moving to a back 4 doesn't work for us and when we did the same against Cambridge we looked considrably worse, we lose all positioning and structure. After half time Orient pressed us higher and stopped the possession in our own half, they were organised and balanced as you expect from a Jackett team, but our reaction to that was to lose a passing option in our back half and nobody was showing enough in MF or up top.

Kelman for Barbet only really made sense in as much as Barbet got a rest, but Kelman constantly wants to play on the shoulder and Dykes was trying to do similar, so we weren't building anything. Ball coming in definitely didn't help, he was assertive and in the thick of everything, but struggled with the ball as usual and Warburton spent 10mins just shouting directly at him to move him around the pitch.

The shift in mentality to a dominant team that wins games is a big removal from a lot of years and without the likes of Charlie, Stef, etc on the pitch, we need to get more ruthless with maintaining that edge and taking results.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 12:14 - Aug 12 with 3306 viewssimmo

Another thing I'll add is that there was a fair amount of the groans, shouts and 'get it up the fckin pitch!' type shouts in the 2nd half after their equaliser. It's the 2nd game of the season and we're already harrassing players to abandon our style of play in the belief that wellying it forward is the best way to get back in games...

I do think that a foot through the ball is fine sometimes and possession for possessions sake is futile, particularly along our back line, but can we not get further than the 2nd game before we start with this kind of shite? We're a danger to ourselves putting pressure on the team like that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 12:16 - Aug 12 with 3286 viewsngbqpr

Agree with the praise for Bettache, but to be fair I thought Dozzell and Thomas looked equally good in that opening half hour (likewise the back 3).

I think it was the senior players and the formation changes that had more to do with the cliff we fell off in the second half.

Given the schedule, expect a similar team vs Oxford.

Double save aside, Archer worried me, with AFCON in mind. Also didn't think Moses looked at all comfortable at rwb, a lot of pressure down that side in second half.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 12:17 - Aug 12 with 3282 viewsdaveB

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 12:14 - Aug 12 by simmo

Another thing I'll add is that there was a fair amount of the groans, shouts and 'get it up the fckin pitch!' type shouts in the 2nd half after their equaliser. It's the 2nd game of the season and we're already harrassing players to abandon our style of play in the belief that wellying it forward is the best way to get back in games...

I do think that a foot through the ball is fine sometimes and possession for possessions sake is futile, particularly along our back line, but can we not get further than the 2nd game before we start with this kind of shite? We're a danger to ourselves putting pressure on the team like that.

Some of the playing out from the back was suicidal last night, cost us the equaliser. With the midfield not showing for the ball and them putting us under pressure kicking it long a few times and trying to win the ball back in their half was worth trying but we kept on doing the same and giving it away in dangerous areas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024