Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro Match Thread 10:40 - Aug 18 with 44324 viewsPinnerPaul

Busy day for me today (for a retiree!), hopefully back in time to watch the game on QPR+.

Afraid I can't see another 3-0, so I've gone for 1-1, Chair to open his account for the season.
Boro Match Thread on 11:12 - Aug 18 with 7593 viewsHooparoo

Always wary of the wily Mr Warnock so would take a point here I think. Lumley is not the world’s greatest kicker so if we do the high press we might get some joy

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Boro Match Thread on 11:21 - Aug 18 with 7577 viewsDavieQPR

They might even dust Grant Hall off.
Boro Match Thread on 11:21 - Aug 18 with 7578 viewssaxbend

This game is about as Championshippy as Championshippy can be.
Boro Match Thread on 11:22 - Aug 18 with 7573 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our GAA season continues here so this is another game I'll miss unfortunately.

1-1 would be great.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Boro Match Thread on 11:57 - Aug 18 with 7517 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

There are going to be disappointing games and I’ve a feeling this might be one of them. Hopefully not of course but 1-0 Middlesborough.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Boro Match Thread on 12:02 - Aug 18 with 7496 viewsdmm

Haven't we beaten them at their place over the last two seasons? It'll be a tight game but we can do it again.
Boro Match Thread on 12:06 - Aug 18 with 7474 viewsWren67

hoping for a 1-1 draw. Boro is not an easy place to go + NW is their boss AND its midweek. I will take a point.
URrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss
Boro Match Thread on 12:13 - Aug 18 with 7457 viewslondonscottish

2-1 Rangers.

Warnock will set Boro up to be hard to break down and to be quick on the counter but if Rangers can produce 20 mins of slickness in each half it's do-able.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Boro Match Thread on 12:33 - Aug 18 with 7400 viewsPinnerPaul

Boro Match Thread on 12:02 - Aug 18 by dmm

Haven't we beaten them at their place over the last two seasons? It'll be a tight game but we can do it again.

Won there last season and the one before that didn't we?
Boro Match Thread on 12:38 - Aug 18 with 7382 viewsdaveB

Boro Match Thread on 12:33 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

Won there last season and the one before that didn't we?

Yeah 1-0 and 2-1.

I'd take a point to be honest, Boro will be difficult to beat at home
Boro Match Thread on 13:09 - Aug 18 with 7324 viewsnix

Boro Match Thread on 11:22 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

1-1 would be great.

This is a disaster Brian. Even when I'm watching the match I have to check your updates to make sure I've not missed anything!

Good luck with your GAA.
Boro Match Thread on 13:36 - Aug 18 with 7258 viewsngbqpr

So can we watch it (if UK based)?

I thought QPR+ was back to audio only, and Sky red button was missing in action?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Boro Match Thread on 13:38 - Aug 18 with 7253 viewsRs_Holy

1-1 would be fab!.... got a nasty feeling it will be Muck'n'Nettles 2 Southern Softies 1
Boro Match Thread on 13:38 - Aug 18 with 7246 viewsMyke

Boro Match Thread on 11:22 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

1-1 would be great.

My daughter is making a return to gaelic tonight for the first time in 5 years, so will be taking sneaky looks at my phone in between cheering her on from the sideline (or being umpire depending on staffing levels). Good luck with yours
Boro Match Thread on 13:59 - Aug 18 with 7173 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Boro Match Thread on 13:09 - Aug 18 by nix

This is a disaster Brian. Even when I'm watching the match I have to check your updates to make sure I've not missed anything!

Good luck with your GAA.

Thanks Nix.

All-Ireland Semi-Final this Saturday and a possible Final the Saturday after.

Then hopefully a Rangers trip very soon after!

Boro Match Thread on 14:00 - Aug 18 with 7164 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Boro Match Thread on 13:38 - Aug 18 by Myke

My daughter is making a return to gaelic tonight for the first time in 5 years, so will be taking sneaky looks at my phone in between cheering her on from the sideline (or being umpire depending on staffing levels). Good luck with yours

Thanks Myke, best of luck to your Daughter.

Boro Match Thread on 14:03 - Aug 18 with 7154 viewsdaveB

Boro Match Thread on 13:36 - Aug 18 by ngbqpr

So can we watch it (if UK based)?

I thought QPR+ was back to audio only, and Sky red button was missing in action?

you can buy a stream in the UK for tonight, is a tenner
Boro Match Thread on 14:50 - Aug 18 with 7012 viewsDiscodroids

Whenever i think of Middlesbrough i think of two things..

The 3-2 FA Cup win away in '82 which proved to be the Kennedy launchpad 39a to our cup run, and the Film ' Mcvicar', where all the london sawnoff shotgun Pavement artists were sent up to Durham Nick to do their bird while 'Streaky Jeffries' served up the PG by the hotplate from his tea urn.

Factoring in the above, i computate a 2-1 win for the supahoopsa.

ursssssss
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 14:51]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Boro Match Thread on 14:53 - Aug 18 with 7005 viewsjoe90

So far this season my predictions have either been right or wrong. We've got 4 points from 6 instead of 1 from 6 that I predicted.

I'm going 1-0 Boro.

I think they'll have done their homework and will be set up to frustrate us. They play with four at the back, plus Howson who can drop back. It's going to be difficult for us to play our passing game. As always, hope I'm wrong.
Boro Match Thread on 15:07 - Aug 18 with 6952 viewsDorse

3-1 Rs. Dom Ball to be sent to stand in the corner until he calms down after scoring with a 25 yard deflection off his knackers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Boro Match Thread on 15:33 - Aug 18 with 6875 viewsBoston

Brough 0. Rangers 1.
I’ll be interested to see the starting line ups though, might change my mind.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boro Match Thread on 16:11 - Aug 18 with 6755 viewsLythamR

Boro Match Thread on 14:53 - Aug 18 by joe90

So far this season my predictions have either been right or wrong. We've got 4 points from 6 instead of 1 from 6 that I predicted.

I'm going 1-0 Boro.

I think they'll have done their homework and will be set up to frustrate us. They play with four at the back, plus Howson who can drop back. It's going to be difficult for us to play our passing game. As always, hope I'm wrong.

Difficult to break down unless a certain CB decides to bugger their defensive strategy by picking the ball up deep, running at them and smashing one in the corner from 25 yards

1-2 Rangers
Boro Match Thread on 16:12 - Aug 18 with 6752 viewsnix

I'm going 1-0 Boro.

Can you keep this going. And maybe have a wager that Dykes doesn't score? You owe it to the team and the fans!
Boro Match Thread on 16:33 - Aug 18 with 6689 viewsMick_S

I'm going 1-0 Boro.

Sitting back could be decent for us - far better than a high press. Maybe.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Boro Match Thread on 16:39 - Aug 18 with 6652 viewsMalintabuk

Had a call from nephew at lunch time to see if I fancied going up with him and his eldest as dad cried off...... sorry to say that this is a date to far for me..... so it will be qpr+ tonight for me
So how many places have we won 3 times in a row ? And will we do it tonight
Also haven't scored in every game for 17 games?
I'm of course hoping that we win that Dykes makes me look a complete numpty and get 2 or 3 tonight and we push the Fools in 2nd place..........
But think this is tailored made for the wily Warnock and think he will do us tonight and it will be a defeat
So 0-2 but would snat h your hand off for a draw
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024