Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans in Ellerslie? 13:41 - Aug 21 with 2734 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,

Been thinking this for a while now, but given the noise from Barnsley fans in the School end, should we not consider putting them all in a block on the half way line of Ellerslie? The sound of cheering wouldn't be so loud there either, and if we had both ends we could 'raise the roof' somewhat on days like today.

Thoughts?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 14:08 - Aug 21 with 2686 viewsJuzzie

Giving any away fans just the middle block or two would cause problems with segregation whilst arriving and leaving the ground as well as access to catering and toilets during the two hours or so they are there.

The whole stand would have to be allocated and i’m sure it holds more than the school end and wouldn’t be worth it for any club that brings less than 2k, which is probably most.

You couldn’t switch away fans between the two stands during the course of a season either as that would mean no ST’ers at all in Ellerslie and that couldn’t work either for a number of reasons i.e. people want to be in Ellerslie as it’s easier access to and from the ground depending on where they are travelling from/to.

[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 14:17]
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 14:37 - Aug 21 with 2602 viewsBoston

Sorry Dave, not a good idea.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 16:04 - Aug 21 with 2422 viewskensalriser

And it's a no from me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 16:24 - Aug 21 with 2357 viewsthemodfather

stick em in the paddock for all i care.
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 16:26 - Aug 21 with 2346 viewsMrSheen

Halfway line in Ellerslie Road are the best seats in the house. You can’t mix fans underneath the stand either.
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 16:36 - Aug 21 with 2326 viewsPinnerPaul

Leave my seat alone!
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 17:29 - Aug 21 with 2199 viewsFaurlinho

No thanks. Like sitting there, as do hundreds of others…
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 17:42 - Aug 21 with 2159 viewsWokingR

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 16:36 - Aug 21 by PinnerPaul

Leave my seat alone!

Yeah, go f*ck yourself
Give them your seat, not mine
Login to get fewer ads

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 17:45 - Aug 21 with 2147 viewspaulhoop2

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 17:29 - Aug 21 by Faurlinho

No thanks. Like sitting there, as do hundreds of others…

Regs state that you must have separate facilities for away fans including toilets , catering and specific turnstiles. Just wouldn’t work. Always thought maybe the paddocks would be good I think wolves and Ipswich used to do summit similar?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 17:56 - Aug 21 with 2098 viewsBoston

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 17:45 - Aug 21 by paulhoop2

Regs state that you must have separate facilities for away fans including toilets , catering and specific turnstiles. Just wouldn’t work. Always thought maybe the paddocks would be good I think wolves and Ipswich used to do summit similar?

Wolves, yes, lower section on the side. Ipswich put away fans in the top tier on the side, but we never get more than a third of it, don’t know if other clubs are allocated additional blocks.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 18:05 - Aug 21 with 2053 viewsqpr_1968

shame we could'nt fill the ground every home game.
i'd give the away support lower school end, and thats it....end of.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 1629 viewsHamptonR

In the top 10, or top two, of worst ideas ever.
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 10:57 - Aug 22 with 1615 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Why not put them in the W12 Club or give them the corp boxes?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 11:03 - Aug 22 with 1602 viewsStevenageRanger

Harry Redknapp wanted to move the away fans from behind the goal when he was here.

Said we were only club he had managed that away fans were behind the goal and found it strange and unusual.

Came up at a fans forum, link is here - https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/fans-forum-in-full/
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 11:07 - Aug 22 with 1589 viewsRs_Holy

Logistical nightmare having them anywhere in the Ellerslie but the centre would be fun when Millwall/Cardiff etc visit… the walkway at the back of the stand and turnstile entrance are very small plus the food/drink outlets are limited.
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 11:21 - Aug 22 with 1552 viewsGloryHunter

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 11:07 - Aug 22 by Rs_Holy

Logistical nightmare having them anywhere in the Ellerslie but the centre would be fun when Millwall/Cardiff etc visit… the walkway at the back of the stand and turnstile entrance are very small plus the food/drink outlets are limited.

And the water pressure is poor in the Ladies' bogs, I hear.
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 11:41 - Aug 22 with 1512 viewsWatford_Ranger

Away fans in Ellerslie? on 11:03 - Aug 22 by StevenageRanger

Harry Redknapp wanted to move the away fans from behind the goal when he was here.

Said we were only club he had managed that away fans were behind the goal and found it strange and unusual.

Came up at a fans forum, link is here - https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/fans-forum-in-full/

Unlike Redknapp to tell a massive lie.
Away fans in Ellerslie? on 15:05 - Aug 22 with 1317 viewsgigiisourgod

For me this is how it should be. Football in its purist form. Away teams fans behind one goal, the other three sides for the home team. Absolutely love it and wish every other ground in the country was the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024