Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowd Today 17:04 - Aug 21 with 5317 viewsRangersw12

Years gone by they would of been properly booed off at HT after that 1st half performance but I thought the fans really stuck with the team today and spurred them on 2nd half

Seems to be a massive point and gives us momentum going into the Coventry game

Crowd Today on 17:14 - Aug 21 with 4059 viewsPinnerPaul

There were some boos (disgracefully)
Crowd Today on 17:35 - Aug 21 with 3920 viewsstowmarketrange

Crowd Today on 17:14 - Aug 21 by PinnerPaul

I can’t understand what they thought booing would achieve.These players have had 2 long away trips in a week,including 1 game 24 hours after our opponents today,where we had to battle for 50 mins with 10 men.They we’re probably tired,physically and mentally.They had hardly any time to work on tactics,and they were up against a side that chased every ball in the first half.
I think the last thing our players needed to hear at ht was their own fans booing.
Crowd Today on 17:40 - Aug 21 with 3879 viewsHastings_Hoops

Some strange bloke in the lower loft headed up the aisle at half time f-ing and jeffing about Warburton… I do wonder sometimes
Crowd Today on 17:52 - Aug 21 with 3783 viewsBoston

Yeah, I heard them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Crowd Today on 18:02 - Aug 21 with 3709 viewsDWQPR

To be honest I didn’t think we was that bad in the first half. Second best doesn’t necessarily mean playing badly. We were just second to a fitter side at that stage and when Ball and Albert were introduced it became much more balanced. This side has goals from all over the pitch and they know it. Never looked to panic and they kept playing to the same footballing philosophy right to the end rather than just lump it forward in hope. A total of ten goals scored in five games with five different scorers and and OG.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Crowd Today on 18:26 - Aug 21 with 3583 viewsrsonist

Crowd Today on 18:02 - Aug 21 by DWQPR

To be honest I didn’t think we was that bad in the first half. Second best doesn’t necessarily mean playing badly. We were just second to a fitter side at that stage and when Ball and Albert were introduced it became much more balanced. This side has goals from all over the pitch and they know it. Never looked to panic and they kept playing to the same footballing philosophy right to the end rather than just lump it forward in hope. A total of ten goals scored in five games with five different scorers and and OG.

Blimey. Did two subs on 35' not maybe tip you off? We were definitely out of control and heading for imminent 3 or 4 nil.

It's funny though, I got round to watching the Boro match in full before today and also thought what I'd read on the thread about how awful we were in the first half was super OTT.
Crowd Today on 18:44 - Aug 21 with 3515 viewsrrrspricey

I'll have a pint of that
Crowd Today on 19:06 - Aug 21 with 3402 viewsJuzzie

I can only think people like that use football as an outlet and/or have insanely high expectations with no grasp on reality. There’s no rational thought that suggests QPR are going to win every game so why think that’s going to happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Crowd Today on 19:15 - Aug 21 with 3349 viewsHayesender

Don't get this booing your own team, very counterproductive imo.

The last time I booed one of our players was every time Bosingwa touched the ball in his last game for us v Newcastle, which I make no appollogies about

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Crowd Today on 19:23 - Aug 21 with 3291 viewsMyke

Ah we were really poor first half I'm afraid. Okay for the first few minutes, but Barnsley quickly dominated our midfield so we could not get our passing game going, so resorting to long balls. This was never going to work without Dykes against 3 tall CB's. Don't want to knock Thomas too much as he is a young man, learning his trade, but my biggest issue with him was that when he received the ball, even without being under pressure, he automatically turns back towards his own goal, instantly killing any momentum the team had. Kakay used to do this too, but I notice he does it much less now, so it could just be an inexperience thing, being anxious not to lose possession.
To be fair, Barnsley DID play some lovely football first half, knocking it around and fully deserved their 2 goal lead. I know it was hard on Thomas and Dozzell coming off after 30 mins, but I think it is indicative of the ever evolving Warburton. Last year (pre Christmas) we often criticised him for being too slow and too predictable with his substitutions. Today he was very proactive, not just with the changes, but tweaked the personnel on the pitch too, moving Kakay to the right side of the back three and Barbet going LWB ( and see how well that worked with a last minute assist). So rather than just hope it might resolve itself and wait for the hour mark to make changes, he did it early and reaped the benefits
Crowd Today on 19:28 - Aug 21 with 3263 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Crowd Today on 19:06 - Aug 21 by Juzzie

I can only think people like that use football as an outlet and/or have insanely high expectations with no grasp on reality. There’s no rational thought that suggests QPR are going to win every game so why think that’s going to happen.

I too, sitting in R block heard a smattering of boos and a lot of whinging about the ball going backward which had me bewildered, dismayed and disappointed. We as a whole support can be a fantastic support and get right behind em and lift the roof off but we also can beso over expectant and fickle which is not fair on the lads, fair enough the starting line up wasn’t right and we were overrun but the changes on 35 were intent enough to get behind them and lay off the moaning. At h/t I was saying to those around me that our side has quality over the park and we could still get a result, this team also doesn’t know when it’s beat. Warbs does need to address the fact that away teams are coming to stifle us, press high and stop us playing, but it’ll come. A great point that felt like a win, let’s be patient and back them and Warbs as we are close to something special this season. Positives were Uncs, Dunne, Chair and Willock superb. Beat Cov next week and 11 points from August is a massive start. Cmon the lads
Crowd Today on 20:03 - Aug 21 with 3131 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was in R too and there were a few boos, a few claps. I did neither as neither were deserved. (I never boo anyway)

However second half everyone got behind them.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Crowd Today on 20:08 - Aug 21 with 3092 viewsMrSheen

I assumed the boos were for the ref. The consensus around me was relief that Barnsley hadn’t put us away completely by half time.
Crowd Today on 20:32 - Aug 21 with 3000 viewsGloryHunter

Significant booing from the Upper Loft at half-time, following constant criticism and moaning of every misplaced pass, as per usual. In my opinion, this comes from people who have never played football themselves.
Crowd Today on 20:33 - Aug 21 with 3000 viewsManinBlack

I suspect any boos would be on the basis of the fact we were two down at home to Barnsley. Until their previous visit it was a given we always beat Barnsley at home so us fossils who have always seen Barnsley struggle at our place expect us to win. Not that I was there as I am in Leeds but that's my theory. Expectations raised by two great away performances...
Crowd Today on 20:39 - Aug 21 with 2962 viewskensalriser

Crowd Today on 19:28 - Aug 21 by GaryBannisterswedge

I too, sitting in R block heard a smattering of boos and a lot of whinging about the ball going backward which had me bewildered, dismayed and disappointed. We as a whole support can be a fantastic support and get right behind em and lift the roof off but we also can beso over expectant and fickle which is not fair on the lads, fair enough the starting line up wasn’t right and we were overrun but the changes on 35 were intent enough to get behind them and lay off the moaning. At h/t I was saying to those around me that our side has quality over the park and we could still get a result, this team also doesn’t know when it’s beat. Warbs does need to address the fact that away teams are coming to stifle us, press high and stop us playing, but it’ll come. A great point that felt like a win, let’s be patient and back them and Warbs as we are close to something special this season. Positives were Uncs, Dunne, Chair and Willock superb. Beat Cov next week and 11 points from August is a massive start. Cmon the lads

Beat Coventry you say...who are now above us with three wins out of four. Another tough game, I fear.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Crowd Today on 20:58 - Aug 21 with 2878 viewsboysfromthebush

Fully agree with this, roared the team home second half. The negative comments on here are ridiculous, of course they'll be a few disgruntled murmurings when we're playing that s*it, that's football and the players expect that.

The Loftus roar back in full swing
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 20:59]
Crowd Today on 21:03 - Aug 21 with 2850 viewsboysfromthebush

Crowd Today on 20:32 - Aug 21 by GloryHunter

Significant booing from the Upper Loft at half-time, following constant criticism and moaning of every misplaced pass, as per usual. In my opinion, this comes from people who have never played football themselves.

I'm sorry, how can you expect a football crowd not to be disgruntled when passes are mis placed over and over again? For the first 30 minutes we were diabolical, no other word for it.

The majority of our fans are quite knowledgeable and just because they're angry that we're playing poorly doesn't mean that 'they've never played football themselves'. Silly comment.

When you're two down at home to Barnsley it's not going to be all sunshine and roses.
Crowd Today on 09:50 - Aug 22 with 2322 viewsBlue_Castello

Interesting that a number of people heard boos in R block, we didn't hear any but we sit on the edge of R close to S, it was obviously very random and in the minority.

What was more in the majority was the number of people who stayed and clapped the players off after an excellent second half display.......
Crowd Today on 10:02 - Aug 22 with 2291 viewsdaveB

I didn't hear any booing and thought the crowd really stayed with the team
Crowd Today on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 2274 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Crowd Today on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 2181 viewsjoe90

I thought we were terrible first half, but knew we weren't out of the game. Warbs made right substitutions at the right time and we got back in it.

You're right, we have goals all over the pitch. We also know this is team that can get themselves out of tricky situation.

Wasn't surprised that there were boos at half time. Some of our fans are proper idiots, they don't understand the game and just react to what's in front of them without any consideration. Could just be where I sit but some people talk absolute rubbish. What's even more astonishing is they have the confidence to say it in front of so many people! Seems like since coming back tolerance for stupid fans has completely gone. I must have blocked it out before.
Crowd Today on 10:57 - Aug 22 with 2168 viewscolinallcars

Speaking of the crowd, what was the attendance figure ? No mention on the Offy or in my morning rag.
At 12.20 it looked like a meagre few thousand but filled up appreciably to what looked like about 12k.
Crowd Today on 16:36 - Aug 22 with 1950 viewsPinnerPaul

Crowd Today on 20:08 - Aug 21 by MrSheen

I assumed the boos were for the ref. The consensus around me was relief that Barnsley hadn’t put us away completely by half time.

What did he get wrong in the first half?

Even Clive's disagreements are all 2nd half related!
Crowd Today on 17:19 - Aug 22 with 1895 viewsNorthernr

Does anybody know what the attendance was I can’t find it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024