Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Charlie Watts 17:41 - Aug 24 with 4409 viewsted_hendrix

Oh no God bless you.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Charlie Watts on 17:48 - Aug 24 with 3311 viewsterryb

RIP Charlie. Thank you for the memories.

The Stones, The Who & The Kinks, what great bands we had in London in the '60's. (And after then of course).
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 17:50]
RIP Charlie Watts on 17:48 - Aug 24 with 3313 viewsWesty75

RIP Charlie 🙏
End of an era
RIP Charlie Watts on 17:51 - Aug 24 with 3280 viewsMick_S

That’s a big one.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

RIP Charlie Watts on 17:58 - Aug 24 with 3224 viewsDiscodroids

Sad to hear of the passing of Charlie Watts.

Always smile at the thought of him putting on his Chalk stripe 350gsm suit to walk downstairs to Jaggers hotel room and lay an Ernie Shavers thunderbolt on the point of Jaggers chin for calling him his 'Little drummer boy'.

East ham Dave awaits you charlie with his Ronnie Laine Harmonica in his hand ready to give it some, my son.

RIP XX
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 18:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

RIP Charlie Watts on 17:58 - Aug 24 with 3227 viewsCamberleyR

RIP
A great drummer. Surely without CW they won't carry on now?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

RIP Charlie Watts on 17:59 - Aug 24 with 3221 viewsdezzar

RIP Charlie Watts on 17:51 - Aug 24 by Mick_S

That’s a big one.

RIP Charlie , you were brilliant, one cool guy , one ace drummer
RIP Charlie Watts on 18:05 - Aug 24 with 3169 viewsPaddyhoops

Another great gone .A legend. RIP ,Charlie.
RIP Charlie Watts on 18:06 - Aug 24 with 3170 viewsSilverfoxqpr

RIP Charlie Watts on 17:48 - Aug 24 by terryb

RIP Charlie. Thank you for the memories.

The Stones, The Who & The Kinks, what great bands we had in London in the '60's. (And after then of course).
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 17:50]

And of course The Small Faces.

RIP Charlie
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Charlie Watts on 18:19 - Aug 24 with 3090 viewsLythamR

RIP Charlie, Fantastic Innings well played.
RIP Charlie Watts on 18:25 - Aug 24 with 3051 viewsNorthantsHoop

Charlie Watts RIP, great drummer in a great band.
RIP Charlie Watts on 18:31 - Aug 24 with 3020 viewsMyke

Quite simply the greatest drummer ever. RIP
RIP Charlie Watts on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 2951 viewsdmm

Another one gone. It always hits you when a muso you started listening to way back when departs for the great gig in the sky. Rest in power, Charlie.
RIP Charlie Watts on 19:10 - Aug 24 with 2857 viewsessextaxiboy

RIP Charlie Watts on 18:43 - Aug 24 by dmm

Another one gone. It always hits you when a muso you started listening to way back when departs for the great gig in the sky. Rest in power, Charlie.

Wow , A proper Rock legend ... RIP
RIP Charlie Watts on 19:14 - Aug 24 with 2850 viewsLogman

Rest in peace Charlie Watts. An ever present in the greatest band in the history of rock music.
RIP Charlie Watts on 21:04 - Aug 24 with 2641 viewsqprphil

Lived near me when I was living in Brent Wembley with my parents as a lad. We used to listen to the Stones practising in Charlies mums prefab.Not a bad footballer either. RIP Charlie.
RIP Charlie Watts on 21:29 - Aug 24 with 2580 viewsBoston

I vaguely remember his street being pulled down, we certainly arsed around on the old foundations that remained in place for many years. They were built for people who'd been bombed out of their homes in other parts of Wembley (which was regularly targeted for the rail lines and the airfield at Northwick Park). Someone on this board also grew up on that street, I remember him recanting a story about Watts playing football. Anyway, sad to see 'em go.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Charlie Watts on 22:00 - Aug 24 with 2513 viewsdanehoop

RIP - One of the great understated drummers.

Never knowingly understood

RIP Charlie Watts on 22:38 - Aug 24 with 2402 viewsSuperhoop83

Suffering since 1978.

RIP Charlie Watts on 22:45 - Aug 24 with 2377 viewsLogman

RIP Charlie Watts on 22:38 - Aug 24 by Superhoop83

RIP Charlie Watts on 23:16 - Aug 24 with 2315 viewsizlingtonhoop

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2021/aug/24/charlie-watts-a-lif
RIP Charlie Watts on 23:19 - Aug 24 with 2299 viewsenfieldargh

My mum told me that before I was born Charlies mum would come round our house and help out with the cleaning a couple of days a week. This would have been early 1950's I guess.

Dapper Charlie RIP

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

RIP Charlie Watts on 23:19 - Aug 24 with 2299 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Charlie Watts on 23:20 - Aug 24 with 2294 viewsbosh67

RIP but a life well lived. Played for one of the world's greatest bands, earned a great living, managed to keep himself out of the limelight of fame and could go about as he liked. I guess his only possible regret was not playing enough jazz, his first love. But overall the perfect blend of playing, being successful and from what I've heard, happy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Charlie Watts on 00:13 - Aug 25 with 2205 viewsLoftgirl

RIP Charlie Watts on 17:58 - Aug 24 by CamberleyR

RIP
A great drummer. Surely without CW they won't carry on now?

Hopefully not. I think they have been rubbish since Brian Jones was murdered. I'm probably in a minority on this though, as I am on most things.
RIP Charlie Watts on 00:36 - Aug 25 with 2174 viewsBoston

RIP Charlie Watts on 23:20 - Aug 24 by bosh67

RIP but a life well lived. Played for one of the world's greatest bands, earned a great living, managed to keep himself out of the limelight of fame and could go about as he liked. I guess his only possible regret was not playing enough jazz, his first love. But overall the perfect blend of playing, being successful and from what I've heard, happy.

One night, by chance and because we were wandering around at a loss for something to do...myself and three mates paid into the 100 Club. Had been there numerous times for raucous unaccomplished musical entertainment, but this night turned out to be some strain of jazz, which I've never really been interested in. Half empty (never seen tables on the dance floor before), when low and behold, whomever it was that was playing announces they are being joined on drums by Charlie Watts. Wish I could tell ya an interesting story, but no, he er quietly skiffled away, entertaining in a film noir sort of setting.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024