Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos 13:36 - Aug 31 with 15874 viewsterryb

"Tbf they always sit down with me when I ask and I have got a date pencilled in with LH next week so I’ll start a thread asking for your points to raise once we get this game out the way."

Clive, as well as all the problems that you highlighted in the Coventy match preview, could you please ask him why tickets for away matches are not on sale earlier?

It is rare that this affects myself, but it is less than two weeks to the Reading game & still not a dickie bird on the club site. Hopefully, this will have quickened up by the time we reach Octoberas I'm interested in both Fulham & Peterborough!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:37 - Aug 31 with 6331 viewsNorthernr

Yeh guys this is next Tuesday, written answers on the site, audio on the Patreon.
Stick questions below I'll do my best to get through as many of them as I can...
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:40 - Aug 31 with 6292 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Would you push for elected fan/fans on the board like Liverpool or C******?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:41 - Aug 31 with 6273 viewsenfieldargh

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:37 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Yeh guys this is next Tuesday, written answers on the site, audio on the Patreon.
Stick questions below I'll do my best to get through as many of them as I can...

Recast.......why

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:48 - Aug 31 with 6214 viewsParkRoyalR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:37 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Probably been covered but if not, appreciate if you could ask:

1) replacing seat backs - with a more modern lower height version, one without a curved nib that grates on your shin bone (spurs new stadium rows just as tight as ours but seats work better)

2) standing seating - would they consider the central section of the Lower Loft - lots of lost space currently here with gangways - plus with poor view of pitch (through goalnet) this would be improved by standing (could do for both ends!) - still lots of seating left either side for families.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:49 - Aug 31 with 6196 viewsGloryHunter

New LED perimeter advertising boards are dazzling the spectators and making it hard to see what's happening on the pitch. Also making the front row(s) in the paddocks into restricted view. Do we have to keep them? Or could they be made dimmer, and smaller?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:57 - Aug 31 with 6106 viewsbosh67

I've not been this season so this question may be redundant but are there any plans to take the toilets in the ground out of the dark ages of the 1970s and actually put in hand driers that work?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 13:59 - Aug 31 with 6077 viewsPinnerPaul

Two things I've mentioned before, rambling thoughts only, sure you can put them into polite coherent questions/observations - thanks !

1) Bristol City will hopefully see me gain entry by a 4th different method - not really good enough for those of us paying the club hundreds of pounds every year. Barcode - perfectly robust and digital technology - why change? As you've said before, pay your money, gain entry - has to be a basic function of any club surely. Caveat that we've mentioned previously - all the staff 'on the ground' unfailingly helpful and efficient.

2) 'Media' - Many small but annoying problems - Recast, but also silly irritations like the 90' re runs. So far this season we've had missing commentary (Coventry has no comms after 30 mins!) and no replays on 1 or 2 matches. Plus of course the friendlies weren't great either. Its pretty basic coverage/technology so shouldn't be THAT many problems.

Thanks
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:08 - Aug 31 with 5998 viewspaulhoop2

1 - can he look to employ more in-house stewards like other clubs do ? Maybe start a tie in with armed forces etc who need work after leaving service plus would encourage supporters to start stewarding thus improving the matchday experience.

2 - What are the club doing with players that are flouting their own restrictions lack of consistency ie my nephew wanted a selfie ( socially distanced with Stef Johanson and he politely declined ) yet Charlie had one with a supporter in front of us !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:14 - Aug 31 with 5943 viewstoboboly

1 - issues with serving staff at blue 'n' white/kiosks not too quick. Seems to have regressed as last time we were allowed in we were served quickly.

2 - recast. Useless.

3 - digital tickets - why the lateness of the announcements? Why the mixed messages? Why does it work one week and not the next? Why were non-digital ST cards said to be ok for use but they aren't etc etc

4 - buying tickets online - why is such a faff? Oxford Utd being a prime example where the ST seats weren't even released until the afternoon of the game.

5 - phone numbers taking forever and then cutting people off.

6 - quality of products in the club shop. All the recent stuff I have bought that involved zips/patches etc is already falling apart. Things from 2006/07 that I wear regularly are still good.

7 - why don't tickets get released until so late now. Impossible to book away days especially when we are doing well and Sky may make late changes. But also home games.

8 - he has touched on it before but doing promo's and kids for a quid. Can't help but think it would get more bums on seats when we aren't winning.

9 - 50/50 draw - why did it disappear?

10 - would it be better doing U23 games away from LR as historically the pitch doesn't hold up well come the winter, are these extra games not an issue?

11 - B team games - little to no info (the called off game was the first many had heard it was happening - going forwards clear info on games and ability to attend would be appreciated.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:15 - Aug 31 with 5950 viewsStainrod

Question from me is why, when the footballing side of the club is clearly striding forward in leaps and bounds, is the rest of the club stuck in the dark ages: ticketing (still waiting for that email apology we were promised for those of us who were locked out of the ground for 25 mins at Millwall); website (so clunky and non-intuitive); food and drink terrible and club losing a fortune in lost revenue (why not build a bar/ restaurant behind the Loft - loads of space).

To customers (which is what we are as well as fans) it is as if the club is actively doing all it can not to take our money.

Many diehard fans who visit sites like this will attend anyway - but does he not realise that for thousands of far more casual fans (like the rest of my family) it is an almost impossible sell to get them to come to the Rs because the whole non-footballing side of the match day experience is so incredibly poor. Is the very vague intention to move ground a convenient excuse to avoid ANY improvements meanwhile?

If you could really push him on this Clive would really appreciate it as think (great though he has been in other areas) he has really come up short in this.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:15 - Aug 31 with 5946 viewsLanhoop

I'm not to good at these sort of things and I wouldn't want to dismiss the complaints/requests about the irritations people are asking about but it would be interesting to also have some questions and conversation at a more CEO level about the directional things the board are doing and their thinking.

Hows the training ground progressing through the approval process?

What one thing would Lee and/or the board like to do with the current ground to make a positive change?
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:16 - Aug 31 with 5929 viewsrsonist

Reposting my suggestions from a while ago, but especially now given the Gray deal I'd imagine we're all somewhat surprised how ends have met this year / how calculated risks have been calculated:

given the three-year accounting period for P&S, how situational has the club's planning been this summer? Have we committed to more now knowing it's a good time to buy and bad time to sell, with the expectation of that being reversed next year? Or even has the team's form over the last few months created a sense of strategic opportunity we've acted on (without losing our heads or anything OTT)?

I don't think "promotion bonuses" is really going to cut it for an answer....

Plus

still curious about this story about a Covid insurance dispute, possibly under-reported because ongoing, but the ramifications are unclear.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/millwall-qpr-insurance-claim-against-f
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:17 - Aug 31 with 5928 viewsfrancisbowles

Ticketmaster. how long is the contract, what are the alternatives? I just booked tickets, online, for Cheltenham Town this Saturday and no booking fee!
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:19 - Aug 31 with 5904 viewsrsonist

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:15 - Aug 31 by Lanhoop

I'm not to good at these sort of things and I wouldn't want to dismiss the complaints/requests about the irritations people are asking about but it would be interesting to also have some questions and conversation at a more CEO level about the directional things the board are doing and their thinking.

What one thing would Lee and/or the board like to do with the current ground to make a positive change?

Yes, going by what he said in the Q&A on the 20th July the planning process ought to be complete now. (The council had submitted a report to the GLA that week and then the secretary of state had 21 days to review/approve).
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:19 - Aug 31 with 5906 viewsenfieldargh

Why do we not have ticketing in house and ditch Ticketmaster ?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:20 - Aug 31 with 5894 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:15 - Aug 31 by Lanhoop

Get you r point, but as far as the entry problems are concerned, HAS to be a CEO problem.

As I've said many times, both pointless AND unfair complaining to the staff, who are doing their best with the tools given.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:28 - Aug 31 with 5850 viewsLanhoop

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:20 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

Get you r point, but as far as the entry problems are concerned, HAS to be a CEO problem.

As I've said many times, both pointless AND unfair complaining to the staff, who are doing their best with the tools given.

Don't disagree at all, the ticketing issues are important to ask. The buck stops here and all that.

Just hoping for some more strategic questions as often the clubs own questions with Hoos videos cover a lot of the day to day issues.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:31 - Aug 31 with 5819 viewsPinnerPaul

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:28 - Aug 31 by Lanhoop

Don't disagree at all, the ticketing issues are important to ask. The buck stops here and all that.

Just hoping for some more strategic questions as often the clubs own questions with Hoos videos cover a lot of the day to day issues.

Yep, totally agree.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:32 - Aug 31 with 5815 viewsrsonist

Got to put yourselves in Hoos shoes when making these question suggestions, you should know who you're dealing with by now.

- Generic complaint: We don't have the money for that / ROI doesn't justify itself
- Recast: generate revenue from subsidiary content, see answer 1 if you're complaining, teething problems sorry
- LED boards: generate revenue, see answer 1 if you're complaining, teething problems sorry, we turned them down later
- Elected fans: you can't agree on the Stan thing for instance so dot dot dot nice idea happy to listen but how is it actually going to work, I'm busy here
- Ticketing: teething problems sorry, we improved later, move with the times daddio
- Hosting our own ticketing service, see answer 1
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:34 - Aug 31 with 5799 viewsHarbour

In past seasons the on sale dates for tickets you could download onto your calendar but this facility has disappeared so quite useful to have that reinstated.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:51 - Aug 31 with 5710 viewsNorthernr

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:32 - Aug 31 by rsonist

Got to put yourselves in Hoos shoes when making these question suggestions, you should know who you're dealing with by now.

- Generic complaint: We don't have the money for that / ROI doesn't justify itself
- Recast: generate revenue from subsidiary content, see answer 1 if you're complaining, teething problems sorry
- LED boards: generate revenue, see answer 1 if you're complaining, teething problems sorry, we turned them down later
- Elected fans: you can't agree on the Stan thing for instance so dot dot dot nice idea happy to listen but how is it actually going to work, I'm busy here
- Ticketing: teething problems sorry, we improved later, move with the times daddio
- Hosting our own ticketing service, see answer 1

Almost certainly this.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 5694 viewsParkRoyalR

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:34 - Aug 31 by Harbour

In past seasons the on sale dates for tickets you could download onto your calendar but this facility has disappeared so quite useful to have that reinstated.

The book creating 'Fans not Customers' by the guy who started Metro Bank (Vernon Hill - ignoring some of his Jim Gregory type ways) is a must-read for guys in positions like Lee Hoos.

Its all about customer-service and I think Rangers could significantly improve in this department - pop in to a Metro Bank branch and compare it to visiting our Ticket Office - very smartly turned out and upbeat staff, who really appreciate your business and make that extra effort.

Although No 1 task has to be simplifying our website and app - anyone I've asked struggles like hell with it - surely wouldn't cost alot to simplify.
Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:00 - Aug 31 with 5659 viewstoboboly

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 14:51 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Almost certainly this.

Which would be a shame if he did, compare service and experience in February/March 2020 to now. It's night and day.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:11 - Aug 31 with 5601 viewsHAYESBOY

Is there any timetable for the new training ground.
ie- Build start date.
Estimated completion date
Will fans have access at all, maybe on certain days?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Clive meeting with Lee Hoos on 15:22 - Aug 31 with 5546 viewsCorbyQPR

How much income do the club estimate they are losing due to the appalling state of the current catering offer, especially @ half time, in South Africa Road? (not sure if the other stands are the same)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024