Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U-23's Cup 12:19 - Sep 3 with 2811 viewstoboboly

Not very helpful KO times but may be of interest to some;

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/qpr-enter-202122-premier-league-cup-03

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

U-23's Cup on 12:40 - Sep 3 with 2763 viewslankylancaster

Yes, of interest to me as our first game is taking place in my hometown of Bishop Auckland, and as I work from home I think I could swing by that game on Monday next week.

Are there any details of how/where/when to get tickets or do I just assume I can turn up and pay on the day?

Is it even open for spectators do we know? I assume it must be, given that the dates and locations have been advertised?
U-23's Cup on 12:44 - Sep 3 with 2749 viewsNorthernr

Positive sign in theory. Need to get that second string playing better standard of games than it does currently. I know I've mentioned this a few times but as a non-regular watcher of the U23s, I've been pretty alarmed at the standard of the games I've seen recently.
U-23's Cup on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 2743 viewstoboboly

Definitely seems like people can attend - here is some info for a different U-23 game

https://bishopafc.com/middlesbrough-u23-vs-aston-villa-u23/

Can't find anything on Bishop's website for Monday as yet, might be worth tweeting them?

U-23's Cup on 12:58 - Sep 3 with 2720 viewslankylancaster

I'm 99% sure it'll be pay on the gate but I've got plenty of Bishop and Middlesbrough supporting mates here that'll know in an instant.

At least there'll hopefully be one lunatic in a QPR face mask there on Monday! Any others planning to come, let me know!
U-23's Cup on 13:05 - Sep 3 with 2705 viewstoboboly

U-23's Cup on 12:58 - Sep 3 by lankylancaster

I'm 99% sure it'll be pay on the gate but I've got plenty of Bishop and Middlesbrough supporting mates here that'll know in an instant.

At least there'll hopefully be one lunatic in a QPR face mask there on Monday! Any others planning to come, let me know!

Good man, you are on write up duties, make it as good as Clive's!

U-23's Cup on 17:05 - Sep 4 with 2442 viewspaulhoop2

U-23's Cup on 13:05 - Sep 3 by toboboly

Good man, you are on write up duties, make it as good as Clive's!

I’ve said it hundreds of times and il say it again lol along the lines of clives post they should enter into the Middlesex cup like Brentford , afc Wimbledon , Barnet and a few others do yes it’s against non league mostly but they are playing real football against men rather than boys. Don’t get why they have not entered it or the London senior cup either. Bring back proper reserve football from the Avon combination days. All the south east clubs playing each other home and away no restrictions on age much better

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

U-23's Cup on 17:23 - Sep 4 with 2405 viewsSharpy36

U-23's Cup on 17:05 - Sep 4 by paulhoop2

I’ve said it hundreds of times and il say it again lol along the lines of clives post they should enter into the Middlesex cup like Brentford , afc Wimbledon , Barnet and a few others do yes it’s against non league mostly but they are playing real football against men rather than boys. Don’t get why they have not entered it or the London senior cup either. Bring back proper reserve football from the Avon combination days. All the south east clubs playing each other home and away no restrictions on age much better

I`d take that idea a step further, and have a M4 cup/league stretching from Brentford to Swansea.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

U-23's Cup on 11:06 - Sep 6 with 2167 viewslankylancaster

Team for today:

1. Max Little
2. Aaron Drewe (C)
3. Isaac Pitblado
4. Luke Amos
5. Trent Mahorn
6. Joe Gubbins
7. Joseph Ajose
8. Stephen Duke McKenna
9. Martel Taylor-Crossdale
10. Jake Frailing
11. Armalindo Mema

Subs
12. Kayden Williams-Lowe
13. Matteo Salamon
14. Mason McLean
15. Alex Aoraha
Login to get fewer ads

U-23's Cup on 11:21 - Sep 6 with 2155 viewslankylancaster

Formation looks like a 4-1-3-2 to me.

Playing ok so far, Amos spreading the ball about a fair bit just in front of defence.

Mema and Ajose on the wings making good runs in behind.

Little being very vocal in goal.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 11:24]
U-23's Cup on 11:57 - Sep 6 with 2099 viewslankylancaster

HT, 0-0

Playing well going forward, couple of half chances for Taylor-Crossdale.

Pitblado and Mema making some nice moves and runs in behind on the left side.

Defensively we look a bit frail, couple of really good chances for Middlesborough but thankfully their finishing has been poor. They are playing a quick pressing game whenever we get the ball in midfield.

Not convinced by Duke-McKenna yet, bearing in mind this is the first time I've seen the U23s live. Lost the ball a couple of times in front of defence trying to be too clever.

Drewe looks a bit out if his comfort zone too, their right winger has gotten the better of him a couple of times.

Little in goal looks really commanding.

Off for a burger and a cup of tea.
U-23's Cup on 12:12 - Sep 6 with 2065 viewslankylancaster

Substitutions 58th min

Ajose off, williams-lowe on
Amos off, aoraha on

Look like direct replacements, no change to formation.
U-23's Cup on 12:15 - Sep 6 with 2055 viewslankylancaster

Two great chances!

Duke McKenna wiggles his way into the box from midfield, shoots straight at keeper

Then a couple of mins later a lovely cross-come-shot from the left from Taylor-Crossdale, keeper saved and spilled, bobbled just out of reach of Aoraha, who was incoming at speed.

Impressed with Aoraha so far even though he's only been on a couple of minutes.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 12:17]
U-23's Cup on 12:23 - Sep 6 with 2026 viewsMaggsinho

Great updates, thanks!
U-23's Cup on 12:23 - Sep 6 with 2025 viewslankylancaster

Middlesbrough coming more and more into the game now, pressure being applied and we're struggling to get out of our half. They've had a couple of really good opportunities, should be in front by now.

We're going more direct, just to keep the ball away from our goal, not very pretty.
U-23's Cup on 12:38 - Sep 6 with 1954 viewslankylancaster

Sustitution

Aoraha off (looks like a minor injury), McLean on

McLean moved to right back, Drewe has moved into the middle in front if the defence.
U-23's Cup on 12:55 - Sep 6 with 1911 viewslankylancaster

0-1 92nd minute

Lost the ball cheaply in midfield, pounced on by Middlesbrough, chipped shot over Little into the net.

It's been coming, I must say... 😞

We've got 8 minutes of added on time in total so it's not done yet...
U-23's Cup on 13:10 - Sep 6 with 1878 viewslankylancaster

FT 0-1

Fair result in the end, we got pressed back more and more as the second half wore on, no real sign of being able to respond.

Positives - Amos looked very composed until his substitution, likewise Taylor-Crossdale looked good, just a lack of service. Little in goal had good command of the area, nothing he could do about the goal. Gubbins and Mahorn on the whole composed, again not much they could do about the goal.

Negatives - Duke McKenna looked like he was having an off day, lost the ball plenty of times trying to be too clever taking players on when an easy pass would have been a better option. Frailing made some good runs into the box with the ball but ultimately didn't ever look like getting the final touch right.

Bearing in mind they are still young kids learning, I can't be too harsh on them. Shame to start the competition with a loss though.
U-23's Cup on 13:14 - Sep 6 with 1869 viewstoboboly

Cheers for all the updates, good minutes and experience for all involved.

U-23's Cup on 13:30 - Sep 6 with 1836 viewsMaggsinho

Good to see another run out for Amos, think that's the third game he's played for the U23s with presumably no problems.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024