Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryder Cup thread 08:02 - Sep 13 with 5549 viewsBlackCrowe

Fear it's a mistake leaving Rosey out.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ryder Cup thread on 08:16 - Sep 13 with 2787 viewsRs_Holy

yep!... oh well in Padraig we trust!
Ryder Cup thread on 08:29 - Sep 13 with 2766 viewsgazza1

Tough call......results will tell perhaps.
Ryder Cup thread on 08:32 - Sep 13 with 2761 viewsdanehoop

I was really surprised by leaving out Rose.

Never knowingly understood

Ryder Cup thread on 08:35 - Sep 13 with 2758 viewsgazza1

Ryder Cup thread on 08:32 - Sep 13 by danehoop

I was really surprised by leaving out Rose.

Who would you have left out if you selected Rose??
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 8:35]
Ryder Cup thread on 08:40 - Sep 13 with 2741 viewsWestonsuperR

I am expecting a big US win and have had a bet on win by at least a 7point margin. I hope I am completely wrong and lose my money buy incredibly strong US team and they are at home so will set up the course to suit.
Ryder Cup thread on 08:49 - Sep 13 with 2723 viewsBlackCrowe

Garcia or Poults.

Ryder Cup thread on 08:52 - Sep 13 with 2718 viewsWokingR

Ryder Cup thread on 08:49 - Sep 13 by BlackCrowe

Garcia or Poults.

Garcia is playing well whereas Poulter has shown very little form.
Would have preferred to see Poulter there as a vice captain.
The one I'm more concerned about though is Hatton as his attitude under pressure when things aren't going right stinks.
Ryder Cup thread on 09:00 - Sep 13 with 2706 viewsgazza1

Ryder Cup thread on 08:52 - Sep 13 by WokingR

Garcia is playing well whereas Poulter has shown very little form.
Would have preferred to see Poulter there as a vice captain.
The one I'm more concerned about though is Hatton as his attitude under pressure when things aren't going right stinks.

Hatton selected himself....not a Captains selection.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryder Cup thread on 09:05 - Sep 13 with 2698 viewsWokingR

Ryder Cup thread on 09:00 - Sep 13 by gazza1

Hatton selected himself....not a Captains selection.

I know, but it was pretty much all on the form he showed last year rather than anything he has done in the last 3 months.
Ryder Cup thread on 09:07 - Sep 13 with 2693 viewsgazza1

Ryder Cup thread on 09:05 - Sep 13 by WokingR

I know, but it was pretty much all on the form he showed last year rather than anything he has done in the last 3 months.

Maybe but he earned the 'right' so respect to him. Rose, for whatever reason, did not get the points. Shame, I agree, but as I said....tough calls for the Captain.
Ryder Cup thread on 09:15 - Sep 13 with 2682 viewsRs_Holy

Ryder Cup thread on 08:49 - Sep 13 by BlackCrowe

Garcia or Poults.

Definitely Poults... yes he's a Ryder Cup legend but his current form is not too clever. He missed the cut at Wentworth and Rosey shot a 3 rounds in the 60's including a 65 yesterday!
Ryder Cup thread on 13:07 - Sep 13 with 2535 viewsSonofpugwash

Without Rose we can still get among 'em.
USA are still very much not a "team" - six rookies and Dechambeau is seriously at odds with Koepka,plus Whistling Straits is a links course.
Ryder Cup like the FA one where form can go right out of the window.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ryder Cup thread on 13:17 - Sep 13 with 2532 viewsdenhamhoop2

Better individuals USA by quite a distance but that doesn't mean a better team. Think Europe have 6 players made for Match Play even more so on a Links Course. Might be closer than most people think Harrington and Stricker will have a massive part to play in how they line up the pairings.
Ryder Cup thread on 14:40 - Sep 13 with 2452 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ryder Cup thread on 13:07 - Sep 13 by Sonofpugwash

Without Rose we can still get among 'em.
USA are still very much not a "team" - six rookies and Dechambeau is seriously at odds with Koepka,plus Whistling Straits is a links course.
Ryder Cup like the FA one where form can go right out of the window.

Links course only by name not description sadly with greens that will run up to 13 its nothing like a true links.Plus its a horrible place to watch golf live.I had 2 friends who attended the recent PGA Championship and had to phone us to see who was winning it was so that bad.
As for the teams I think Harrington made a mistake once Wiesberger made the team.No way can you leave Rose at home IMO unless he expects Poulter to find that magic again.
Having basically zero European fans might have influnced his decision because Poulter thrives off hostile yanks and Rose is just too nice.
A bigger issue is the poor form of most of the European side including McIlroy,Fleetwood ,Hatton etc and is Harrington seriously expecting Westwood to make any critical putts because I am not.
I am thinking its going to be over early Sunday in favor of the yanks but hope we can re create the girls magic finish from the Solehim when they were magnificent
Ryder Cup thread on 16:39 - Sep 13 with 2407 viewsTomS

It's an interesting match up. It's an away match, with very few traveling fans.

On paper, the American side is much stronger and they have serious strength in depth. However, you can only play 8 per foursome/fourball. I suspect we will have quite a few of our best players asked to play four times over Friday and Saturday, but the US will rotate their selections a bit more.

The dynamic between Bryson and Brooks had the potential to undermine attempts by management to bond the players into a team. Europe won't have any such problems. It's the old cliche of a group of highly talented individuals up against a team.

My heart says Europe, but my head says USA.
Ryder Cup thread on 19:52 - Sep 13 with 2300 viewsSonofpugwash

The form stats for the Solheim Cup didn't give Europe a prayer but we saw what happened.
I think it's going to be a cracker which will go right to the wire.Can't wait.

Ryder Cup thread on 19:04 - Sep 20 with 2062 viewswelwynranger

Totally agree. Poults and Rose always come good no matter what form they have been in. Might be a mistake hope not
Ryder Cup thread on 20:49 - Sep 20 with 2024 viewsstowmarketrange

Ryder Cup thread on 14:40 - Sep 13 by CLAREMAN1995

Links course only by name not description sadly with greens that will run up to 13 its nothing like a true links.Plus its a horrible place to watch golf live.I had 2 friends who attended the recent PGA Championship and had to phone us to see who was winning it was so that bad.
As for the teams I think Harrington made a mistake once Wiesberger made the team.No way can you leave Rose at home IMO unless he expects Poulter to find that magic again.
Having basically zero European fans might have influnced his decision because Poulter thrives off hostile yanks and Rose is just too nice.
A bigger issue is the poor form of most of the European side including McIlroy,Fleetwood ,Hatton etc and is Harrington seriously expecting Westwood to make any critical putts because I am not.
I am thinking its going to be over early Sunday in favor of the yanks but hope we can re create the girls magic finish from the Solehim when they were magnificent

I don’t think they’ll need to phone anyone if the yanks are winning.It’s all got a little bit too much for my liking.You can support your team without resorting to some of the poor behaviour shown in recent years by mostly Americans,but we have some idiots too.
But with no European fans there,it could get very bad out there.
Ryder Cup thread on 02:35 - Sep 21 with 1947 viewsBenny_the_Ball

One thing is for sure; Team USA are very relieved that Rose hasn't been selected. Time will tell whether Padraig made the right call.
Ryder Cup thread on 14:11 - Sep 21 with 1789 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ryder Cup thread on 20:49 - Sep 20 by stowmarketrange

I don’t think they’ll need to phone anyone if the yanks are winning.It’s all got a little bit too much for my liking.You can support your team without resorting to some of the poor behaviour shown in recent years by mostly Americans,but we have some idiots too.
But with no European fans there,it could get very bad out there.

The US fans are notoriously disrespectful and ignorant to European players either when drunk or sober because they think that is helping.
This year with pretty much no European fans to bring the fun it could be pretty ugly if its tight on Sunday.
I think Captain Stricker will play that slow clown DeChambeau in 5 matches to not only use his length but get the crowd worked up into a frenzy .Its his chance to get fans back on his side ( lots of people dislike his horrible attitude including players I might add ) and nothing works like playing for America in America and bashing the ball like cavemen .
I am getting a worse vibe as the week goes along and seeing the course with zero rough that the boys in blue will get crushed .
Ryder Cup thread on 14:22 - Sep 21 with 1778 viewsSonofpugwash

The press are spuriously trying to ramp up some sort of "dispute" between Harrington and Garcia - maybe to even things up a bit?Surely if that were so Garcia wouldn't have been picked?
I'm glad Rosie hasn't been picked,the treatment of him from the American "fans" last time it was held over there about his recently deceased father was atrocious.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 14:23]

Ryder Cup thread on 15:17 - Sep 21 with 1741 viewsthemodfather

usa tv golf commentators this morning on sky, saying , as always the lack of team bonding in team usa could be their problem, already 2 of their top players hate each other and they rarely play foursomes etc , getting the excuses in early? also the holes are going to be "long" as they think their big hitters can get an edge oh well, should be some drama's
Ryder Cup thread on 19:06 - Sep 23 with 1611 viewsrrrspricey

Weather could play a big part in the outcome of this.

Predicted to be a tad breezy so those used to playing on links courses could play a pivotal role.
Ryder Cup thread on 21:16 - Sep 23 with 1555 viewsBlackCrowe

Ryder Cup thread on 15:17 - Sep 21 by themodfather

usa tv golf commentators this morning on sky, saying , as always the lack of team bonding in team usa could be their problem, already 2 of their top players hate each other and they rarely play foursomes etc , getting the excuses in early? also the holes are going to be "long" as they think their big hitters can get an edge oh well, should be some drama's

And that's my problem with Poults...love him, pure ryder passion, but long course driver he ain't.

Ryder Cup thread on 23:31 - Sep 23 with 1506 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ryder Cup thread on 21:16 - Sep 23 by BlackCrowe

And that's my problem with Poults...love him, pure ryder passion, but long course driver he ain't.

Just saw the pairings just very poor from Harrington IMO.Rory McIlroy is driving the ball poorly and he pairs him with Poulter no good.Lee Westwood ( I love the guy )but cannot make any putts out with the shortest hitter on the European team another bad one.Rahm should be with Lowry and Garcia with Fitzpatrick .McIlroy should be with Tommy or Hatton
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024